Previous topic - Next topic

TOM "tbw1"

For those who saw the game in person:

1.  The game where you were the coldest:

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you:

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw:

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck

FRITO PIE in the drawing room for all participants/
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

factchecker

For those who need a refresher on Horton Nestra:

That horrible PI call was made by Horton Nestra.

It was rumored that Nestra was on the "Pony Excess" payroll.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

1) Liberty Bowl 2010
2) LSU Fayetteville, forget the year, might have been sleet
3) SMU 1982
4) '78 Orange Bowl
5) Bill Burnett
6) a. Not going to cheat and look it up
    b. Teddy Barnes-Scott Bull
    C. Hootie

GuvHog

I can only answer 3, 4, and 5.

3. SMU 1982 no doubt

4. '78 Orange Bowl/Tennessee @ U of A 1999

5. Bill Burnett/Darren McFadden* (tie)

*Any player that won as many awards as McFadden did deserves to be at the top.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dr. Starcs

1. Cotton bowl for Oklahoma
2. Baylor '91 I think
3. Florida '11 maybe
4. 2000 beatdown of Texas
5. Burlsworth

factchecker

1. Liberty Bowl 2010 (RIP TUSK II  :'()

2. Change to Rain--- Last years game against Mizzou was horrible... cold and non-stop rain.

3. Gonna cheat--- wasn't there but this is the most Horton Nostra game EVER:

4. Always proud to be a Razorback... BUT beating Texass anytime makes me proud.

5. Burlsworth, DMAC, and currently Drew Morgan

a.

b.

c.  hootie   

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogcard1964

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on June 22, 2016, 10:28:46 am

Chicago Bears vs. Packers.  I believe it was 1989.  It was registered as 8 degrees with a windchill of -10

The same game

Florida 2011

The '77 Orange Bowl

Lance

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck

Nutter

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: factchecker on June 22, 2016, 10:42:33 am
For those who need a refresher on Horton Nestra:

That horrible PI call was made by Horton Nestra.

It was rumored that Nestra was on the "Pony Excess" payroll.

I proudly wore my Pass Interference My Azz shirt to the Bluebonnet Bowl.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

cosmodrum

1. 2010 Liberty Bowl
2. n/a
3. 2009 Florida, maybe?
4. 2010 LSU game at WMS
5. Burlsworth
6. don't know the first two, but the third was Dale to Chuck after Mustain hit Ben Cleveland to beat Bama (for the last time...)
Go away, batin'

Bacons Rebellion

1.Texas A&M 1981
2. New Mexico 1987
3. SMU 1982
4. USC 1974 / Georgia 2010
5. Darren McFadden / Dickie Morton / Brandon Burlsworth

Seebs

The game where you were the coldest: After several days of being in the 70's I dressed for sunshine during the Miracle on Markham. Froze my butt off an left, yes, left at half time. That game sucked. Though we won in the end that game was terrible.

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you: I like snow and wind

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw: Todd Day charge against Bama in 1993

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback - 1994 basketball championship

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback - Vin Ascolese

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck - Chuck called me a terrorist. No likey Chuck.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawg IQ

1. broken furnace in my own living room.
           2. during the ice storm
           3. plead the 5 th on Horton-nestra ?? whatever
           4. winning NC in basketball 94
           5. Got to be McFadden, they cheated him out of the H-trophy , at least once.
            6. Teddy was a stud, and Hootie thought that in every game.
               frito pie again- yuck !
go hogs go !

Jborohog09

1. MSU last year.  Couldn't feel my feet walking down from the upper deck.
2. N/A
3. 2009 Florida
4. 2007 LSU
5. D-MAC
6. Don't know, Teddy Barnes and Scott Bull, and 2005 Ole Miss (I think he was talking about a Dick to Monk TD).

oldhawg

1.  Arkansas vs Baylor in Fayetteville (a long time ago).
     Navy vs Army in Philadelphia (2002 or 2003).

2.Refer to #1.

3. Arkansas vs Tennessee in Memphis (Liberty Bowl).

4.  Arkansas 17 - Texas 14 in Little Rock.

5. Lance Alworth, Billy Moore, Ken Hatfield, Bill Montgomery

6.  Scott? or Preston? Carpenter (receiver), forgot who the quarterback was.

ImHogginIt

Long Summer ? It is day two  ???

TheRazorback500

1. It was a game in WMS, I want to say Memphis; I think we lost like 6-0 or something. MAN that was a cold rain.
2. n/a
3. SMU '82
4. Orange Bowl '78
5. Billy Ray Smith
6. n/a

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: oldhawg on June 22, 2016, 05:23:08 pm
6.  Scott? or Preston? Carpenter (receiver), forgot who the quarterback was.

Preston Carpenter on the receiving end.  Buddy Bob Benson on the throwing end.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LZH

1.  It surely wasn't the coldest game, but that Cotton Bowl vs OU was a beeotch.

2.  Can't remember a game where it snowed...

3.   Don't know what this means....

4.  Houston 1989

5.  D-Mac, MJ, Grovey, Casey or BA (for their guts alone).

6.  Nutt never said "I called that play". He actually said "it was a called play, and I called some good ones today Chuck".

Jackrabbit Hog

1.  Liberty Bowl against East Carolina.  (Honorable mention to a Fayetteville game against Auburn in the early '90s; almost busted my arse a few times due to the ice on the stadium steps)

2.  Weather don't bother me.  If you're a true fan, you don't notice it (unless we're losing)

3.  Liberty Bowl; 1971.  DAM YOU, PRESTON WATTS!!

4.  All of 'em.  But if I had to pick one, I'd have to say the Orange Bowl win against Oklahoma in '78.  Honorable mention to the Miracle on Markham.

5.  I'm cheating.  First half of my Razorback fan life, I'd go with the trifecta of Montgomery-Dicus-Burnett.  Second half of it, it's gotta be McFadden.

6.  Buddy Bob Benson to Preston Carpenter;  Scott Bull to Teddy Barnes in the corner of the WMS endzone over Lester Hayes and Patrick Williams;  some idiot blathering on about a play the QB probably changed at the line of scrimmage.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 22, 2016, 07:36:13 pm
1.  Liberty Bowl against East Carolina.  (Honorable mention to a Fayetteville game against Auburn in the early '90s; almost busted my arse a few times due to the ice on the stadium steps)

2.  Weather don't bother me.  If you're a true fan, you don't notice it (unless we're losing)

3.  Liberty Bowl; 1971.  DAM YOU, PRESTON WATTS!!

4.  All of 'em.  But if I had to pick one, I'd have to say the Orange Bowl win against Oklahoma in '78.  Honorable mention to the Miracle on Markham.

5.  I'm cheating.  First half of my Razorback fan life, I'd go with the trifecta of Montgomery-Dicus-Burnett.  Second half of it, it's gotta be McFadden.

6.  Buddy Bob Benson to Preston Carpenter;  Scott Bull to Teddy Barnes in the corner of the WMS endzone over Lester Hayes and Patrick Williams;  some idiot blathering on about a play the QB probably changed at the line of scrimmage.

1) 1993 Auburn. I also forgot to wear layers but the Jack Daniels I snuck in made me forget the cold. Plus they still sold coke for me to mix it with.

East Clintwood

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 22, 2016, 05:42:55 pm
Long Summer ? It is day two  ???

That's as long as it needs to be.

I'm ready for fall already.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogBreath

I almost froze to death at a Little Rock game against A&M back during the Holtz era, it was at nite, in November, and the wind blew like crazy.  Gary Anderson had a big game and we smoked the Aggots 28-0.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

1. 2015 Mizzou game. Even the players were freezing. the only game I ever regret going to lol

2. 2015 Auburn game. Left my darn coat at home, so that one is my fault.

3. Horton Nestra was beyond my time so i'll say N/A

4. 3 OT win against #1 LSU. to this day we are STILL the most recent unranked team that beat a #1

5. McFadden is a given so I'll go with Joe Adams. Thant punt return is still being used on ESPN

6. N/A
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HogBreath on June 22, 2016, 09:30:25 pm
I almost froze to death at a Little Rock game against A&M back during the Holtz era, it was at nite, in November, and the wind blew like crazy.  Gary Anderson had a big game and we smoked the Aggots 28-0.

This is way off topic, but imagine Gary Anderson in a Bobby Petrino offense.  Quite possibly the most explosive player to ever suit it up for the Hogs, and Holtz just never could quite figure out the best way(s) to use him.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 23, 2016, 06:56:53 am
This is way off topic, but imagine Gary Anderson in a Bobby Petrino offense.  Quite possibly the most explosive player to ever suit it up for the Hogs, and Holtz just never could quite figure out the best way(s) to use him.

He was electrifying.  Remember the Tulane bowl game?  He gashed them.

Anyone know what he's up to these days?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 23, 2016, 07:40:09 am
He was electrifying.  Remember the Tulane bowl game?  He gashed them.

Anyone know what he's up to these days?

I lost track of him after his stint coaching the Arkansas Twisters arena league team.  Would love to know where he is and what he's doing.

OrvilleRedenporker

1.  The game where you were the coldest: 91 Baylor 9-5 final score.  Fam had a custom van with soup, so we went out at the half and never went back in. 

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you: Wind.  Ole Miss Stripper game.  Also the weirdest weather game.  We played golf early that am in shorts and a front moved through and I swear the temperature dropped forty degrees and the wind chill made it feel like it was in the 20s.

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw:  63-48 loss to Auburn and Scam Newton.  There were two botched replay calls in that game that created a 28 point swing.  We had the eventual National Champs beat at their place.

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback - Tennessee redemption game in 99.  The 98 game was it till half.  We were up 21-3 and you could hear a pin drop amongst 113K fans.  The other was us beating LSU with Petrino and Knile gashing them for 107 yds on the ground in the fourth quarter and the "we didn't come to paint" TD call on 4th and 1.

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback - Hard to argue with Joe Ferguson.  DMac is right there (shouldve won the Heisman)

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck  - The chuck play was a meaningless game on the road v Ole Miss with HDNTCTWF shouting about his play calling prowess on the post game show.

Ready for Fritos now  :)

hoggytonk

I still have the "pass interference my ass" bumper sticker. Worse call ever.

OrvilleRedenporker

Yep. My bumper sticker said Arkansas 17 SMU 10 Officials 7

greghog

1.  The game where you were the coldest:  - Early 80's game at Fayetteville, vs. Rice.  I have been to colder games, it was about 33 degrees.  But it was raining.  It would have been much better a few degrees colder.  I was soaked (no rain coat of course, college kids don't need no rain coats!), it was windy.  It was COLD.  By the time I got to the car, I couldn't even get my hands in my pocket to get my keys.  I think I stood by my car for 5 minutes trying to get my frozen hand into my pocket.  Finally did.

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you:  Really can't think of any other than the above, and it wasn't snow.

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw:  I didn't see it in person, but the UF game in Florida a few years ago.

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback -1971 (I think) vs. Wichita State.  Most of their team had been killed in a plane crash a few weeks before.  The crowd at WMS cheered long and hard for the WS's players.  I cried.

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback - OK, I will get killed for this one.  David Bazzel.  He came here from out of state, adopted Arkansas and UofA.  Was a good player and has worked hard to promote UofA for years.  A lot of people don't like him.  I get that.

Dr. Starcs

^^^

He will probably make a trophy for your post.

FraggleHog

Ok, I'm young(ish) so most of my games will be pretty recent...

1.  The game where you were the coldest: LSU - 2014

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you: I guess LSU as well (wind) - Unfortunately never experienced a snow game

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw: Florida 2009 - (Curles officiating crew)

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback - Probably Tennessee-2006

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback - Brandon Burlsworth

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck (Houston Nutt)

That's all I got... Now where's my Frito Pie????

Calling the Hogs from DFW

Arkapigdiesel

OU game at the Cotton Bowl in 2002.  That north wind was brutal.

Baylor game in Razorback stadium in 90 or 91.  Cold as hell also.

Florida game in Gainesville.  That personal foul penalty late in the 4th quarter was pure unadulterated garbage.  Petrino was coaching his 2nd season here.

'94 national title in basketball, '99 Tennessee game due to what happened in '98, beating LSU in WMS during the 2010 season as sugar was thrown onto the field, and the beat down of texas in DKR during the 2003 season.

Clint Stoerner, or DMac.

No clue on the powder river play, but do remember dale nutt's incoherent post game "called play" when Chuck was interviewing him.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

ATU HOG

1. Liberty Bowl 2010
2. Wind and Rain Bama 2012
3. Florida 2009
4.  LSU 2010
5. Dmac

Boog41

Doesn't fit any of the OP questions, but does anyone remember the 83 SMU game in the Rock? Played through a terrible storm. Even the civil defense sirens were going off outside the stadium. Never stopped though. That was miserable from a rain/wet standpoint.

Got shut out 17-0 breaking a very loooong consecutive game streak of scoring.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boog41 on June 23, 2016, 04:23:34 pm
Doesn't fit any of the OP questions, but does anyone remember the 83 SMU game in the Rock? Played through a terrible storm. Even the civil defense sirens were going off outside the stadium. Never stopped though. That was miserable from a rain/wet standpoint.

Got shut out 17-0 breaking a very loooong consecutive game streak of scoring.

Remember it well.  Tornadoes in the area, specifically two guys named Dupard and Atkins (Pony Express II).  Probably the fiercest rainstorm I've sat through as a Hog fan, along with the Kentucky game in Fayetteville about 3 years ago that got called early in the second half.

GolfnHog

1.  The game where you were the coldest: Liberty Bowl-2010

2.  The game where the wind and snow bothered you: rain more that wind but the 2015 Mizzou game

3.   The most Horton Nestra game you saw: 82 SMU/AR game in Dallas

4.  The game that made you most proud to be a Razorback: 2014 LSU game-got the O'fer off the ledger in SEC play

5.  The player you would refer to as Mr. Razorback: too many thru the years to slight any of them.

6.  Bonus points for identifying the Powder River Play participants, the Immortal Teddy Barnes, and I called that play, Chuck:
Powder River Play-not gonna cheat;
Teddy Barnes- his catch in the rain versus the Ag's in late 70's that dumped the Ags from #1/#2 ranking;
Hootie-"I called that play was against Miss State in about 2007 or 08. I remember I was driving back from Dallas on that Saturday remember that line in the post game interview.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

rzrbackramsfan

1 and 2 lsu in Fayetteville, 2014.

4 ole miss this last year.

5. Darren McFadden

longtimeHogfan

1.  Liberty Bowl vs. Georgia was my coldest.  Don't remember the year but we lost on a last second FG.  My left butt cheek is still numb.

2.  Last year's Mizzou game at DWRRS was miserable.  Rain, wind, cold....we couldn't tough it out and left I'm sorry to say.

3.  SMU   Interference my a$$!

4.  Most proud?  Arkansas vs. SC-west in '74.  SC was pre-season #1.  Pat Haden was QB.  Anthony Davis was RB.  .......we had Dennis Winston.  Greatest game I ever attended.

5.  Can't pick one Mr. Razorback.  Just too many.  If I start I'll leave someone out that should be on the list.

6.  Guess I'll have to pass on the bonus points.... 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hoggeek on June 24, 2016, 05:41:55 pm
People go to the games in person? Why are they wasting all that money broadcasting them then?

With all due respect.

People love live football...being at the game...tailgating before or after.

The U of A makes money by having the games broadcast.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs