Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones

Started by lahawg1, June 20, 2016, 11:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghiker

Lots of places to go on this one. I always, well most of the time, applaud the application of a little grace. On the other hand my poor white working class background wants to scream about picking favorites for lady justice while dispencing the law. So be it.

Justifiable Hogicide

Now we'll all get to see if Nick Saban has a "Do Right Rule" or not.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on June 21, 2016, 09:45:34 am
Now we'll all get to see if Nick Saban has a "Do Right Rule" or not.

If that's one of those complicated, intricate and ever-evolving moral compasses you hear so much about, I'm pretty sure each one has their own unique calibration.

hogcard1964

Quote from: dhizzle on June 20, 2016, 12:57:14 pm
They couldn't prove who was in possession of the gun and drugs. I thought they  go with who ever is in the car or owner of the car.

The DA said "I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning,"

I guess as long as you work outside they wont prosecute you. Most likely it was an unlawful search of the vehicle.

He needs to lose his job...as soon as yesterday.

BRHogfan

I watched the video and he goes on to say There's a legal basis and a personal basis and I'm going to take the blame.  The Personal basis is the #1 basis

He goes on to say that there were 4 men in the car, and he can't prove which of the 4 the gun belonged to.  He also says the gun was stolen in another state (Alabama maybe?) but that it's just too hard to track.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 21, 2016, 10:17:04 am
He needs to lose his job...as soon as yesterday.

These players are from the Monroe area. I doubt the citizens are up in arms over the results. I'm sure the folks that watched them play high school ball want Cam and Hootie to succeed at their career.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: BRHogfan on June 21, 2016, 10:35:36 am
I watched the video and he goes on to say There's a legal basis and a personal basis and I'm going to take the blame.  The Personal basis is the #1 basis

He goes on to say that there were 4 men in the car, and he can't prove which of the 4 the gun belonged to.  He also says the gun was stolen in another state (Alabama maybe?) but that it's just too hard to track.

Wow, prosecutors in central Arkansas and nwa have much less trepidation over charging the whole car with constructive possession of any contraband. Weird huh?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pigsknuckles

Saban says:
"That's the way we've always done it. That's the way we always try to do it. That's the way I like to do it with my own children. I think that's the way most parents like to do it with their own children."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/21/louisiana-da-drops-drug-gun-charges-against-alabama-college-football-players.html?intcmp=hphz09
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hobhog

So what does Saban do now? Just say all charges are dropped and no team penalty, or still suspend them for the incident on the facts he knows.

I know what BB would do....

hobhog

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 08:55:26 am
It's a done deal. The defense lawyer has had plenty to say about the 4th amendment in this case. Damage control after the fact. Discovery at this point is highly unlikely. The DA is giving final stats on the case at hand.

These kids dodged a huge legal bullet and I'm sure they get it. That doesn't eliminate rehab. Coach Saban's domain as we speak.

Rehab huh. And you are sure these guys "get it". Wow.

If these guys dont get several game suspensions Saban is a bigger hypocrite than I thought.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 21, 2016, 11:10:17 am
Saban says:
"That's the way we've always done it. That's the way we always try to do it. That's the way I like to do it with my own children. I think that's the way most parents like to do it with their own children."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/21/louisiana-da-drops-drug-gun-charges-against-alabama-college-football-players.html?intcmp=hphz09
Speaks volumes about Saban, and unfortunately, perhaps a lot of parents these days. Sad, sad, sad....... >:( :( :'(

TUSKtimes

Quote from: hobhog on June 21, 2016, 11:28:43 am

If these guys dont get several game suspensions Saban is a bigger hypocrite than I thought.

Are you sure they don't? Life is highly subjective. So your guess is as good as mine.

hogcard1964

He has to.  If not, the SEC will have to step in.

RyeHogFan

I gotta give props to Finebaum for calling out the DA on this.  Being a Bama guy it would have been easy for him to sugarcoat it or sweep it under the rug, but instead he said that Bama's best player should have been prosecuted.

Tusks

Hey Mr. High School prospect, we at LSU take care of our own, did you see where we got 2 bama players out of trouble ?  If you sign with LSU and that happens to you, we hang a medal on you and give you a couple of A's.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

atekido

We live in a time where Men can pretend to be women and its "normal"  and people are surprised at this?....

TUSKtimes

Quote from: RyeHogFan on June 21, 2016, 11:56:09 am
I gotta give props to Finebaum for calling out the DA on this.  Being a Bama guy it would have been easy for him to sugarcoat it or sweep it under the rug, but instead he said that Bama's best player should have been prosecuted.

Does Finebaum know this before or after the police botched the investigation?

Finebaum, as a lawyer, should know even if you find a murder weapon with improper search and seizure, Miranda rights, etc., it will get thrown in the waste basket.

The DA made clear the charges were dropped because there were issues with the search.

Finebaum gets paid for stirring the pot. He earns his money. 

onebadrubi

This won't be the last time these kids get in trouble, most especially Robinson who will most likely received a huge pay day soon.  They got off the hook this time and history tells us it will happen again. 

AugustaHog

Yeah this sets a pretty poor precedent.  If you are young and talented in Monroe or any of a number of cities, you can get off when you do stupid things.  The weed doesn't bother me so much, but the gun deal is a whole other issue.  If you are doing that, there's obvious negative issues surrounding it.  If you are a gun enthusiast or just having it for protection, you register it and purchase it legally.  If not, you are probably intending to use it for not so good things.  CBB would have dealt with this on his own and we would likely be seeing the end of both players as Hogs.  It will be interesting to hear his take on this because you know he won't pull punches when asked about it.

Torqued pork

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: atekido on June 21, 2016, 12:04:25 pm
We live in a time where Men can pretend to be women and its "normal"  and people are surprised at this?....

The above comment was brought to you by the "left field"
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 21, 2016, 11:41:29 am
Speaks volumes about Saban, and unfortunately, perhaps a lot of parents these days. Sad, sad, sad....... >:( :( :'(

I've always had a deep appreciation for anyone who has the better mouse trap. How would you, as a parent, correct such a situation, specifically, I mean?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: AugustaHog on June 21, 2016, 12:36:40 pm
Yeah this sets a pretty poor precedent. The weed doesn't bother me so much, but the gun deal is a whole other issue.  If you are doing that, there's obvious negative issues surrounding it. 
And the gun was stolen.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Sooie71923 on June 20, 2016, 01:22:29 pm
They didn't wanna prosecute them.

They could have easily charged both with possession since they didn't know who was actually in possession. Or the driver of the car. They didn't want to do it.

This.  If they prosecute them they become Ouachita Parish problem.  If they don't they become Alabama's problem.  It probably wasn't worth the money to them.

hogcard1964

June 21, 2016, 02:18:25 pm #75 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:37:21 pm by hogcard1964
Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on June 21, 2016, 01:49:46 pm
And the gun was stolen.

Holy shnikeys!  Saban is going to have to man up on this one.

Being that I'm a fan of Alabama (as my 2nd team) I'm unfortunately pessimistic that Saban is going to merely sit these two clowns for a meaningless game or two and not throw them off the team. If he allows them to play against USC in the opener and then makes them sit out game two Western Kentucky, he's going to lose a lot of respect. I don't believe 3 games will cut it either.

hobhog

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 01:30:52 pm

I've always had a deep appreciation for anyone who has the better mouse trap. How would you, as a parent, correct such a situation, specifically, I mean?

Not sure, but being arrested with drugs and a fire arm (which results in mandatory jail time in Arkansas) would tell me football is not the most important thing in my kids life and I'd be scared to death for him.

Hoggish1

When you are toiling in AC you can steal far more than mere thugs...

lahawg1

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 10:56:39 am
These players are from the Monroe area. I doubt the citizens are up in arms over the results. I'm sure the folks that watched them play high school ball want Cam and Hootie to succeed at their career.

You are more than wrong on that one. I live hear and even the Bama fan I work with said they both should be in jail. I find it very odd that all reports of this disappeared from every local news outlet within 4 hours of announcement. There is a coverup going on and it may turn real ugly for the DA and others.

His wife (Bama fan) actually taught HJ in high school and will tell you in a heartbeat he is a straight up thug.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: hobhog on June 21, 2016, 02:55:47 pm
Not sure, but being arrested with drugs and a fire arm (which results in mandatory jail time in Arkansas) would tell me football is not the most important thing in my kids life and I'd be scared to death for him.

You can't send them to their room for the rest of their life.

Saban likes to say that discipline is not merely punishment, but changing someone's behavior so they don't make similar mistakes in the future. They are riding with the Northport police and will for this summer. They are getting counseling. They get to spend an unlimited amount of extra time with Bama's strength coach for summer activity. Just a few changes we are privy to. Missing games is always a real attention grabber, but Saban hasn't said yet.   

Parenting 101, make changes, hope they work. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 21, 2016, 03:28:11 pm
You are more than wrong on that one. I live hear and even the Bama fan I work with said they both should be in jail. I find it very odd that all reports of this disappeared from every local news outlet within 4 hours of announcement. There is a coverup going on and it may turn real ugly for the DA and others.

His wife (Bama fan) actually taught HJ in high school and will tell you in a heartbeat he is a straight up thug.

Jones or Robinson?  I thought Robinson was the one with the major issues?

...and what reports disappeared?

TUSKtimes

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 21, 2016, 03:28:11 pm

The DA's wife thinks her husband is a thug?

I understand that Jerry Jones is 69 years old. He's in his 5th consecutive 6 year elected term. Somebody in Monroe thinks enough of this DA to keep re-electing him. The dude has been serving in this position for 26 years.

He still has 4 years left on this term and he won his last election unopposed.

Hard for me to believe that the citizens of Monroe don't know this guy and what they are getting and agree with his policies as a DA.

The second point I would make, If they don't know him by now, why would they suddenly start caring?

BRHogfan

Quote from: atekido on June 21, 2016, 12:04:25 pm

Yes, because human sexuality and firearms are the same thing!

lahawg1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 21, 2016, 03:40:29 pm
Jones or Robinson?  I thought Robinson was the one with the major issues?

...and what reports disappeared?

Jones is a thug according to her. He has been in trouble a few times and always skated because of his football playing. I haven't heard anything about Robinson one way or the other.

The reports that have disappeared were on the local paper and tv websites, can't find a thing about it now.

hogcard1964

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 21, 2016, 03:58:03 pm
Jones is a thug according to her. He has been in trouble a few times and always skated because of his football playing. I haven't heard anything about Robinson one way or the other.

The reports that have disappeared were on the local paper and tv websites, can't find a thing about it now.

About Jones' prior troubles?

GolfnHog

Can someone refresh my memory as to the probable cause for the traffic stop that lead to the "alleged improper search"? When this first was reported I said that everything would be pled down to misdemeanors and community service. That being said, if the search was unlawful how come it takes 2 months to figure it out?

I spent 28 years in LE and as a supervisor, the video (if there was video) would have been reviewed as early as the next day to ensure that search and seizure protocols were followed prior to presenting the case to the DA and/or grand jury. Something stinks in fishtown.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

TUSKtimes

Quote from: GolfnHog on June 21, 2016, 04:12:06 pm
Can someone refresh my memory as to the probable cause for the traffic stop that lead to the "alleged improper search"? When this first was reported I said that everything would be pled down to misdemeanors and community service. That being said, if the search was unlawful how come it takes 2 months to figure it out?

I spent 28 years in LE and as a supervisor, the video (if there was video) would have been reviewed as early as the next day to ensure that search and seizure protocols were followed prior to presenting the case to the DA and/or grand jury. Something stinks in fishtown.

Wasn't a traffic stop. They were in a closed park and the police walked up. There were 4 in the car, half a gram of weed was found. It apparently was not in plain sight and was located in the search. The gun Hootie possessed also was not seen by the police. Hootie told them he had one on his lap. No evidence they allowed the police to search. Not sure why they would handcuff the other two men and then let them go. Not mentioned in the incident report.

Defense lawyer said, "there were no justifiable grounds for prosecution under evidence rule that exist." Can't say why the DA took his time to agree.

GolfnHog

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 04:40:42 pm

Wasn't a traffic stop. They were in a closed park and the police walked up. There were 4 in the car, half a gram of weed was found. It apparently was not in plain sight and was located in the search. The gun Hootie possessed also was not seen by the police. Hootie told them he had one on his lap. No evidence they allowed the police to search. Not sure why they would handcuff the other two men and then let them go. Not mentioned in the incident report.

Defense lawyer said, "there were no justifiable grounds for prosecution under evidence rule that exist." Can't say why the DA took his time to agree.

Thank you for the reminder; the compelling question that I have is this: was the park closed and were they there after hours? If so, then the officer(s) had reasonable and legal grounds to investigate. Even if the park was open what is the crime rate index for the park during those hours that would give an officer  a reasonable expectation to investigate for occupant safety or to prevent a potential crime?

Either scenario gives officers leeway to investigate and based on what has been reported, the "plain view" doctrine was a contributing factor  in the discovery of the weapon and pot. From that moment on, officers have a right to search the vehicle and occupants for further weapons for officer safety.  Until more is explained to the world," the fruit of the poisonous tree" of search and seizure was never reached here. (JMO).

This doesn't add up and this is a political ploy that just further adds to the AYSM shock & awe of everyone that holds a modum of common sense.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

lahawg1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 21, 2016, 04:04:44 pm
About Jones' prior troubles?

That part I will have to ask her, I don't know either one personally.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Sivad on June 21, 2016, 08:45:40 am
But if you're not a big time jock I'll ruin your life in a split second.
Right. I worked hard to achieve a degree and a successful career.  I sweat a lot on the treadmill and while doing yard work. Dang, I am screwed. :puke:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 03:31:27 pm

Saban likes to say that discipline is not merely punishment, but changing someone's behavior so they don't make similar mistakes in the future. They are riding with the Northport police and will for this summer. They are getting counseling. They get to spend an unlimited amount of extra time with Bama's strength coach for summer activity. Just a few changes we are privy to. Missing games is always a real attention grabber, but Saban hasn't said yet.   

uh huh. Gocha

Hog N Bama

You don't REALLY think Saban will suspend from any games now do you? :-\

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 03:31:27 pm

are you really justifying this response?

PP

3kgthog

I wonder how many regular Joes busted for the same thing with less evidence are now on the phone with their lawyer.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 21, 2016, 08:21:30 pm
I wonder how many regular Joes busted for the same thing with less evidence are now on the phone with their lawyer.
well, unless they grew up in oppressing heat, they don't have a chance in hell....pun intended

PP

26.2Hog

So, if you are heart surgeon, or a brick layer, or a burger flipper, or a computer programmer, and you plainly get caught with drugs and a stolen gun, you get to skate free?

Uh, I don't think so. But if you are a football player, and your case crosses the desk of a corrupt "judge", well that's different, because you once perspired in the sun.

Good. Grief. What has our country become?

onebadrubi

Quote from: GolfnHog on June 21, 2016, 05:28:59 pm
Thank you for the reminder; the compelling question that I have is this: was the park closed and were they there after hours? If so, then the officer(s) had reasonable and legal grounds to investigate. Even if the park was open what is the crime rate index for the park during those hours that would give an officer  a reasonable expectation to investigate for occupant safety or to prevent a potential crime?

Either scenario gives officers leeway to investigate and based on what has been reported, the "plain view" doctrine was a contributing factor  in the discovery of the weapon and pot. From that moment on, officers have a right to search the vehicle and occupants for further weapons for officer safety.  Until more is explained to the world," the fruit of the poisonous tree" of search and seizure was never reached here. (JMO).

This doesn't add up and this is a political ploy that just further adds to the AYSM shock & awe of everyone that holds a modum of common sense.

Read the link I posted above.  Illegal search's that come up with something were just ruled alloweable or legal by the Supreme Court.  So they would of had no issue getting the weed and gun charges to stick. 

Sivad

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 21, 2016, 10:04:00 am
If that's one of those complicated, intricate and ever-evolving moral compasses you hear so much about, I'm pretty sure each one has their own unique calibration.
It appears Saban's calibration might be a little loose when it comes to a starter.

Sivad

Nick Saban and his faithful DA completely destroying the old saw you got it "Made in the Shade".
Stolen guns and dope ok boys - just avoid those air-conditioners and Roll Tide.