Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones

Started by lahawg1, June 20, 2016, 11:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

I am curiously proud that I can't make heads or tails of anything I just tried to read on that link......none.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 24, 2016, 07:28:33 pm
did he ask about growing up with air conditioning prior to releasing him?  That seems to be the bar

PP

Odd, Bob Ross seemed like a much kinder, gentler soul.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 24, 2016, 08:30:46 pm

Odd, Bob Ross seemed like a much kinder, gentler soul.
Bob was on quaaludes

PP

bondhue

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 21, 2016, 01:11:19 am

It's very troubling to see justice being mocked at every level in this country.  Too often, if you are a star athlete, rich, or have political power, you are not going to be held accountable for your actions.  It's sad to see that we have now come to the point of having a presidential nominee, under an FBI criminal investigation. Doubtful that justice will be served in this instance, either.
The plain view doctrine allows an officer to seize – without a warrant – evidence and contraband found in plain view during a lawful observation. This doctrine is also regularly used by TSA Federal Government Officers while screening persons and property at U.S. airports.

For the plain view doctrine to apply for discoveries, the three-prong Horton test requires:

the officer to be lawfully present at the place where the evidence can be plainly viewed,
the officer to have a lawful right of access to the object, and
the incriminating character of the object to be "immediately apparent."
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

GolfnHog

Quote from: bondhue on June 24, 2016, 10:33:03 pm
The plain view doctrine allows an officer to seize – without a warrant – evidence and contraband found in plain view during a lawful observation. This doctrine is also regularly used by TSA Federal Government Officers while screening persons and property at U.S. airports.

For the plain view doctrine to apply for discoveries, the three-prong Horton test requires:

the officer to be lawfully present at the place where the evidence can be plainly viewed,: they had legal authority to be there and investigate; the park was closed at the hour of the contact, hence a criminal trepass violation had been committed by the suspects.
the officer to have a lawful right of access to the object, a cursory search for weapons was lawful as the officers had taken the suspects from the car and at least one weapon was in plain view and
the incriminating character of the object to be "immediately apparent." pretty self evident that the gun meets that prong.

Apparently the 3 prong Horton doctrine only applies in those jurisdictions that don't have Baton Rouge in the bailiwick.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"