Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones

Started by lahawg1, June 20, 2016, 11:58:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

June 20, 2016, 11:58:26 am Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:12:41 pm by lahawg1
Walk free, I am disappointed in our DA here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KNOE8?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

teacher

That's some BS if you ask me.  :puke: Not enough evidence ? They found the gun and drugs in the car. What else do you need ?

GuvHog

Quote from: lahawg1 on June 20, 2016, 11:58:26 am
Walk free, I am disappointed on our DA here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KNOE8?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I wonder if the State AG will intervene and appoint a special prosecutor to take over the case.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Does this mean LSU beats Bama this year?

TUSKtimes

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 20, 2016, 12:07:53 pm
Does this mean LSU beats Bama this year?

As you can see we always do well in Louisiana. Apparently, not just in Baton Rogue.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: teacher on June 20, 2016, 12:05:24 pm
That's some BS if you ask me.  :puke: Not enough evidence ? They found the gun and drugs in the car. What else do you need ?
Called Louisiana (or would that be 'Bama) "justice". Color me "shocked". :o ::) :puke:

dhizzle

They couldn't prove who was in possession of the gun and drugs. I thought they  go with who ever is in the car or owner of the car.

The DA said "I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning,"

I guess as long as you work outside they wont prosecute you. Most likely it was an unlawful search of the vehicle. 

Wildhog

Quote from: dhizzle on June 20, 2016, 12:57:14 pm
They couldn't prove who was in possession of the gun and drugs. I thought they  go with who ever is in the car or owner of the car.

The DA said "I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning,"

I guess as long as you work outside they wont prosecute you.

Wow.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

I guess as long as you work outside they wont prosecute you.

So, don't pull any inside jobs, huh?

TDHawgs

dhizzle

Jones had a gun on his lap, wouldn't that be possession? Oh sorry officer i don't know how that got there.

Coach Obvious

I guess as long as you work outside they wont prosecute you. Most likely it was an unlawful search of the vehicle. 

Hey, I sweat even in the air conditioning. Can I get me some of that immunity too?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Coach Obvious on June 20, 2016, 01:06:47 pm
Hey, I sweat even in the air conditioning. Can I get me some of that immunity too?
Can you football ??? How much eligibility do you have left ???

Sooie71923

They didn't wanna prosecute them.

They could have easily charged both with possession since they didn't know who was actually in possession. Or the driver of the car. They didn't want to do it.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Sooie71923 on June 20, 2016, 01:22:29 pm
They didn't wanna prosecute them.

They could have easily charged both with possession since they didn't know who was actually in possession. Or the driver of the car. They didn't want to do it.

PositronHog

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16367546/district-attorney-declines-prosecute-arrested-alabama-crimson-tide-players-cam-robinson-laurence-jones

welchog

Bought and paid for.   Did anyone expect anything less?

discombobulationist

Wow. I guess drugs and stolen guns are no big deal as long as you don't have AC. (And play for Bama)
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

sickboy

I want to emphasize how backwards and unprofessional it is for the District Attorney to qualify how the justice system should work, if even partially, based on how he feels about what these players have accomplished on the football field.

I'm fine with there supposedly not being enough evidence. Which seems illogical in a case where you have an officer approaching a vehicle and claiming he found a stolen fire arm, which is a felony, in case anyone wanted to know. But how on Earth does the District Attorney qualify the situation with a statement that basically says "I know what the laws are -- but these guys are talented and I don't want to screw up their lives."

Un-freaking-believable.

Hogwild

QuoteDA cites insufficient evidence in not prosecuting Bama players

QuoteAccording to the police report, an officer approached the players' vehicle at a park that was closed and smelled marijuana. The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight, and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

???

rwspear

Quote from: sickboy on June 20, 2016, 02:09:00 pm
I want to emphasize how backwards and unprofessional it is for the District Attorney to qualify how the justice system should work, if even partially, based on how he feels about what these players have accomplished on the football field.

I'm fine with there supposedly not being enough evidence. Which seems illogical in a case where you have an officer approaching a vehicle and claiming he found a stolen fire arm, which is a felony, in case anyone wanted to know. But how on Earth does the District Attorney qualify the situation with a statement that basically says "I know what the laws are -- but these guys are talented and I don't want to screw up their lives."

Un-freaking-believable.

the opposite of rule of law

Ash

My family is from the Monroe area and they are absolutely irate about this.

fullfan

Officer walks up to a wreaking car and sees a bag of pot and a handgun in plain sight.   Plus a stolen handgun under the seat.   

The officer should have immediately recalled his law enforcement training and realized there was insufficient evidence to charge the boys.   Maybe that police office will learn the next time he sees a 78mph reading on his radar gun or a .23 on the breathalyzer that he does not have sufficient evidence to make an arrest.  Road to Rome.

Danny J

supersaint

I didn't have A/C growing up. Can I possess drugs and stolen firearms in Monroe?
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Vantage 8 dude

And we should be surprised or otherwise mystified at the DAs "verdict" ??? First of all, it's Louisiana "justice" where D.A. does indeed stand for "Dumb Ass". Secondly, no matter where it might have occurred it's called the "long arm of justice", 'Bama bought and paid for.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: sickboy on June 20, 2016, 02:09:00 pm

Un-freaking-believable.
seems the idiocy is spreading, started in California with the stanford rape case

PP

26.2Hog

Quote from: fullfan on June 20, 2016, 03:44:03 pm
Officer walks up to a wreaking car and sees a bag of pot and a handgun in plain sight.   Plus a stolen handgun under the seat.   

The officer should have immediately recalled his law enforcement training and realized there was insufficient evidence to charge the boys.   Maybe that police office will learn the next time he sees a 78mph reading on his radar gun or a .23 on the breathalyzer that he does not have sufficient evidence to make an arrest.  Road to Rome.

And if the car didn't have working AC, can't arrest them.  It's in the handbook.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PositronHog on June 20, 2016, 01:56:23 pm
"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning," district attorney Jerry Jones told KNOE-TV.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16367546/district-attorney-declines-prosecute-arrested-alabama-crimson-tide-players-cam-robinson-laurence-jones

Code: "Some folks with Bama connections paid a visit to my air conditioned office and by the time they left, there was an issue locating the evidence..."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pork Ranger

Just playing devils advocate but prosecutors never do their job unless it's a full on slam dunk. If a cop screws up at all they will toss it so they can maintain their conviction rate

Rzbakfromwaybak

It's very troubling to see justice being mocked at every level in this country.  Too often, if you are a star athlete, rich, or have political power, you are not going to be held accountable for your actions.  It's sad to see that we have now come to the point of having a presidential nominee, under an FBI criminal investigation. Doubtful that justice will be served in this instance, either.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Torqued pork

Just when I thought I couldn't hate Prik Saban and Bama anymore than I already do....

HOGINTENNESSEE

So possession of a stolen firearm isn't enough evidence?

Pulled(PP)pork

SDZ_Hog

Anyone still alive who grow up in the 30s 40s & 50s just feel free to go crazy. At the very least your covered in Louisiana.

rljjr

I think it's fair to assume if they didn't play football they would be charged, after all, the non-football players didn't sweat in the heat.

Ramboar

If the car smelled of marijuana and the bag of mj was in plain sight along with the firearm that is plenty of pc to search the vehicle. No way in hell that was an improper search folks. Bama paid for this one.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 21, 2016, 08:08:57 am
He said it wasn't his, lol

PP
And of course it's a proven fact that no one ever accused of a crime has ever lied. ;) :puke:

nchogg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 21, 2016, 08:20:45 am
And of course it's a proven fact that no one ever accused of a crime has ever lied. ;) :puke:

Good one.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

nchogg

Quote from: Ramboar on June 21, 2016, 08:18:59 am
If the car smelled of marijuana and the bag of mj was in plain sight along with the firearm that is plenty of pc to search the vehicle. No way in hell that was an improper search folks. Bama paid for this one.
How do you know it's Bama that paid for it. Could be LSU boosters setting an example so when their players get arrested. Who knows!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ramboar on June 21, 2016, 08:18:59 am
In Louisiana and 'Bama an "improper search" is defined by finding any evidence of wrong doing by a football player. Very simple to understand that......

El Puerco Grande

This is the way things are done in the Deep South. Nothing unusual or new here.
How 'bout them hogs?

Sivad

Quote from: PositronHog on June 20, 2016, 01:56:23 pm
But if you're not a big time jock I'll ruin your life in a split second.

Sivad

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 12:07:37 pm
I wonder if the State AG will intervene and appoint a special prosecutor to take over the case.
The AG does not have the power to do that.

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Sivad on June 21, 2016, 08:47:11 am
The AG does not have the power to do that.

It's a done deal. The defense lawyer has had plenty to say about the 4th amendment in this case. Damage control after the fact. Discovery at this point is highly unlikely. The DA is giving final stats on the case at hand.

These kids dodged a huge legal bullet and I'm sure they get it. That doesn't eliminate rehab. Coach Saban's domain as we speak.