Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Curious, What do southern Arkansas fans think about less games at War Memorial?

Started by WOOPIGMAN, June 16, 2016, 10:46:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 22, 2016, 11:38:48 am
Arkansas isn't paid to play that game in Dallas, They just keep the ticket money they make. If they sell all of the tickets they are allotted, they make five Million Dollars.

Wrong

O Shucky

I lived in south Arkansas for 10 years and now live in Memphis, and am happy to drive through Little Rock to attend games in Fayetteville. As has been stated, the atmosphere is better and the benefits for the program as a whole are incomparable.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 12:12:22 pm
Wrong

No, it's correct. It was discussed thoroughly when the details of the agreement were released.

Arkansas and A&M keep the money from the tickets they sell while Jerry gets the concessions and parking fees. The Home team pays $100 rental fee every year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on June 22, 2016, 12:16:07 pm
No, it's correct. It was discussed thoroughly when the details of the agreement were released.

No, it isn't.

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on June 22, 2016, 12:16:07 pm

Arkansas and A&M keep the money from the tickets they sell while Jerry gets the concessions and parking fees. The Home team pays $100 rental fee every year.

No, you are wrong as usual.  The $5 million number you keep throwing out is the contractually agreed to breach amount.  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byz6Uzwv3Aiua1lJRWgxUGk2VEk/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on June 22, 2016, 01:35:26 pm
No, you are wrong as usual.  The $5 million number you keep throwing out is the contractually agreed to breach amount.  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byz6Uzwv3Aiua1lJRWgxUGk2VEk/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I know about the breach amount but some on here continue to say that Jerry is paying each team 5 million dollars per year to play that game and that just isn't true.

P.S. I see I was indeed wrong about the parking.

ricepig

Quote from: majestic on June 22, 2016, 01:35:26 pm

And it was renegotiated beginning with the 2014 contract, it's good, but as usual, not Guv good.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 06:49:50 am
Nope, still not getting it. You said there were as many other schools shirts as Razorback shirts, theses days, and alluded to the lack of close games as a reason for such. My question was, are they driving greater distance to some of these schools to watch a game? I suspect the answer is no, they aren't.

If you're referring to the kids/young adults wearing LSU or Ole Miss gear, I don't think they drive to any games at all.....TV watchers.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 09:48:43 am
For which there is no correlation.
the correlation is in reference to my previous post concerning white flight which started in the late 50's and 60's. As a result of this migration Sourh Arkansas lost its tax base. AP&L withdrew, a large Bell telephone pulled out. There are many orher examples of major businesses that left.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on June 22, 2016, 10:21:56 pm
the correlation is in reference to my previous post concerning white flight which started in the late 50's and 60's. As a result of this migration Sourh Arkansas lost its tax base. AP&L withdrew, a large Bell telephone pulled out. There are many orher examples of major businesses that left.

And, that had nothing to do with the NC of '64, only with PB's demise.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 06:56:28 am
And, that had nothing to do with the NC of '64, only with PB's demise.
Do you wake up in the morning and ask yourself how argumentive and how big of a prick can I be today?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on June 23, 2016, 10:30:16 am
Do you wake up in the morning and ask yourself how argumentive and how big of a prick can I be today?

I'm not the one who used our NC in 1964 and PB's white flight in the same sentence. I just pointed out that those two had nothing in common, except, I guess 1964 in your opinion. I was just giving my thoughts on the two, sorry that upset you.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: lasthog on June 22, 2016, 12:11:51 pm
I understand the reasons for RRS>WMS, as most do.

I will say this about WMS, the bleachers need to be renumbered to reflect the width of 21st century asses.

Then capacity would go down to about 25,000!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DiamondHogFan

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 23, 2016, 02:51:57 pm
Then we can boast about all of the sellouts in WMS!

I got an idea .......remodel WMS and have nothing but chair back club seats then we can have only 15,000 there and sell out and charge $300 per ticket.....................no wait. Never mind because if we charge that much then we wouldn't sell out according to some people even if it was only 15,000 seats.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

woodhog14

Quote from: Piggfoot on June 22, 2016, 10:21:56 pm

Still no correlation to the 1964 NC Hog team.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 23, 2016, 03:48:32 pm
Still no correlation to the 1964 NC Hog team.

? so because Arkansas won a NC in 1964, it caused depopulation of Pine Bluff ?  ??? ::)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

sseeya

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 21, 2016, 07:11:25 am
Where in the east? I live in Memphis and have only taken a day off from work when I felt like it. It isn't necessary at least for us and it's a five hour drive one way.
North of Jackson, TN. It takes me right @ 6 hrs and 45 minutes. I like to get into Fayetteville on Friday night because of my odd ball hours @ work.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

OldCoot

The great stadium debate is done and over.

The Fayetteville Razorbacks now need to prove they can carry the hogs. Bye Felicia.

hamsam

Born in Pine Bluff. Raised in England/Star City. First Hogs game at WM Stadium when I was 9. First game in Fayettevile I was 14. My dad was a UA alum so he made sure I attended games as a youngster. I was hooked quickly. I subsequently attended/graduated from the UofA myself.
When I was little, WM was great but I still liked the Fayetteville campus experience better.
Now, WM and LR in general is an absolute darn-show. I'd just as soon that the UofA never play another game in LR. I'd much rather drive through LR to Fayetteville vs have to stop there for a game.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

TechDawg-Hawg

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OldCoot on July 08, 2016, 08:31:09 pm
The great stadium debate is done and over.

The Fayetteville Razorbacks now need to prove they can carry the hogs. Bye Felicia.

I bet you've never been outside Ashley county and still believe the world is flat.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: LZH on June 22, 2016, 06:16:08 pm
If you're referring to the kids/young adults wearing LSU or Ole Miss gear, I don't think they drive to any games at all.....TV watchers.
Rebellious youth doing irritating things is nothing new. Such were some of you(us). I don't own anything purple. Never will. About fewer games at War Memorial, my response was to move to NWA. WAR MEMORIAL gave us lots of fond memories.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Augustus

Quote from: redleg on June 17, 2016, 09:39:43 am
It's not complicated. South Arkansas fans think it sucks! Fans in The Rock and further south are sick and tired of hearing NWA fans slam central Arkansas with their arrogance. Keep it up and you might just lose us if another program can come to prominence in central Arkansas and break the Hogs hold. Fans here can't afford to drive up there for every game. $ talks, smart@ss comments and arrogance walks.

So, what you're saying is Fans in South/Central Arkansas are fans,  because of proximity? Doesn't sound like much of a "Fan" to me.

I grew up in LR and still live in Central Arkansas. I didn't go to a Hogs game in Fayetteville until I was 18, but we went to nearly every game at WMS when I was growing up (70's - 90's). Yes, WMS has a degree of history, but that doesn't negate that WMS is a dump. And a "road trip" for players actually playing the game.

I haven't been to a WMS game since the 2010 Hogs-LSU game. But, I've been to 1-2 games in Fayetteville every year and will continue to do so.

the WMS games should have ended a decade ago.

Plus, games at WMS could actually hurt recruiting?

1) it reduces our number of official visit opportunities

2) Imagine a current player, hosting a potential out-of-state recruit on a weekend official visit to UofA:  "We have 2 off-campus 'Home' games... one is pretty cool! We go play A&M at Jerry's World. The flagship of NFL stadiums. The other off-campus home game? Um, yeah... we have to travel 3 hours to play in Little Rock, in a stadium that holds 50K people and has no jumbotron... because a bunch of our fans like that it's more convenient for them and they are stuck in the past... holding on to some 'tradition', or something.  Yeah... it kind of sucks.  But don't EVER say anything negative about Little Rock to the media or fans... that would be a death sentence."

Out of state recruits from Texas, Florida, wherever... they don't give ONE DARN about the "WMS tradition", or ANY FAN'S convenience.

GuvHog

Quote from: Augustus on July 09, 2016, 10:38:28 am
So, what you're saying is Fans in South/Central Arkansas are fans,  because of proximity? Doesn't sound like much of a "Fan" to me.

I grew up in LR and still live in Central Arkansas. I didn't go to a Hogs game in Fayetteville until I was 18, but we went to nearly every game at WMS when I was growing up (70's - 90's). Yes, WMS has a degree of history, but that doesn't negate that WMS is a dump. And a "road trip" for players actually playing the game.

I haven't been to a WMS game since the 2010 Hogs-LSU game. But, I've been to 1-2 games in Fayetteville every year and will continue to do so.

the WMS games should have ended a decade ago.

Plus, games at WMS could actually hurt recruiting?

1) it reduces our number of official visit opportunities

2) Imagine a current player, hosting a potential out-of-state recruit on a weekend official visit to UofA:  "We have 2 off-campus 'Home' games... one is pretty cool! We go play A&M at Jerry's World. The flagship of NFL stadiums. The other off-campus home game? Um, yeah... we have to travel 3 hours to play in Little Rock, in a stadium that holds 50K people and has no jumbotron... because a bunch of our fans like that it's more convenient for them and they are stuck in the past... holding on to some 'tradition', or something.  Yeah... it kind of sucks.  But don't EVER say anything negative about Little Rock to the media or fans... that would be a death sentence."

Out of state recruits from Texas, Florida, wherever... they don't give ONE DARN about the "WMS tradition", or ANY FAN'S convenience.

1. First and foremost, I 100% agree that it's time for all of the instate home games to be played in DWRRS, no doubt about it.

2. WMS is not a dump. Granted, it isn't anywhere close to what DWRRS is, and that's why it's time for the move, but WMS is not by any means a dump.

3. I find it fascinating that out of all of the Hog HCs we've had, Bret is the only one to claim that playing in WMS reduces our number of official visit opportunities. The WMS haters have been begging for a Hog HC to say that for years. Hooty said the opposite and that pissed them off then Petrino agreed with Hooty about WMS and that pissed them off even more. Now a Hog HC finally makes the statement that they've been begging and pleading for, for many years and they jump all over it.

Look, I very much like Bret but it very well could be that Bret and his staff are having problems with recruiting that they are not willing to admit.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 09, 2016, 12:16:00 pm

3. I find it fascinating that out of all of the Hog HCs we've had, Bret is the only one to claim that playing in WMS reduces our number of official visit opportunities. The WMS haters have been begging for a Hog HC to say that for years. Hooty said the opposite and that pissed them off then Petrino agreed with Hooty about WMS and that pissed them off even more. Now a Hog HC finally makes the statement that they've been begging and pleading for, for many years and they jump all over it.

Look, I very much like Bret but it very well could be that Bret and his staff are having problems with recruiting that they are not willing to admit.

The previous coaches said WMS helped on official visits, I'm sure you have a link for this. As far as this staff, yes, they said that not being able to have official visits to WMS does hurt in recruiting. The problem occurs when out of state recruits, especially those who have an 11 week period to play their 10 games have an open weekend to visit, and we're playing in LR.

factchecker

You have a quote or proof of Nutt or Petrino saying that WMS helped in recruiting?

Yet Bielema has a better recruiting average than both Nutt or Petrino ever did:

2002: 25  http://247sports.com/Season/2002-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2003: 42  http://247sports.com/Season/2003-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2004: 24  http://247sports.com/Season/2004-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2005: 28  http://247sports.com/Season/2005-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2006: 25  http://247sports.com/Season/2006-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2007: 38  http://247sports.com/Season/2007-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Houston Nutt's Average Recruiting Class(final 6 cycles):  30.3

2008: 27  http://247sports.com/Season/2008-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2009: 21  http://247sports.com/Season/2009-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2010: 41  http://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2011: 21  http://247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2012: 28  http://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Bobby Petrino's Average Recruiting Class: 27.6

2013: 23  http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2014: 29  http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2015: 23  http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2016: 26  http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Bret Bielema's Average Recruiting Class: 25.25

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

chaz

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on June 17, 2016, 02:45:48 am
As a Div 1 (FBS) program at a time when the Razorbacks no longer plays games there?

A bomb by any other name is still a bomb
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SamBuckhart on July 09, 2016, 09:15:44 am
Rebellious youth doing irritating things is nothing new. Such were some of you(us). I don't own anything purple. Never will. About fewer games at War Memorial, my response was to move to NWA. WAR MEMORIAL gave us lots of fond memories.

Fond memories are fine. I have memories of WMS and old girlfriends. I don't want to play using any of them...................

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 09, 2016, 12:34:52 pm

The previous coaches said WMS helped on official visits, I'm sure you have a link for this. As far as this staff, yes, they said that not being able to have official visits to WMS does hurt in recruiting. The problem occurs when out of state recruits, especially those who have an 11 week period to play their 10 games have an open weekend to visit, and we're playing in LR.

Where in that post did I say any coach said playing in WMS helps recruiting?? I didn't say that because it isn't true. Hooty and Petrino BOTH said playing in WMS does not reduce the number of official visit opportunities because they get all of their visits in on the DWRRS game weekends that they currently have. I just find it strange that they and their staffs did accomplish that but for some reason Bret and his staff are unable to do it.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on July 09, 2016, 05:31:33 pm
Where in that post did I say any coach said playing in WMS helps recruiting?? I didn't say that because it isn't true. Hooty on Petrino BOTH said playing in WMS does not reduce the number of official visit opportunities because they get all of their visits in on the DWRRS game weekends that they currently have. I just find it strange that they and their staffs did accomplish that but for some reason Bret and his staff are unable to do it.

You reduce your opportunities for official visits by however many games you have scheduled at WMS, an idiot should be able to understand simple math. Did it occur to you that Bielema doesn't recruit the same as the previous staff's? If little Johnny from Florida can only visit the weekend you have a game scheduled in LR, you lose that opportunity to host him.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 09, 2016, 05:31:33 pm
Where in that post did I say any coach said playing in WMS helps recruiting?? I didn't say that because it isn't true. Hooty on Petrino BOTH said playing in WMS does not reduce the number of official visit opportunities because they get all of their visits in on the DWRRS game weekends that they currently have. I just find it strange that they and their staffs did accomplish that but for some reason Bret and his staff are unable to do it.

You said hooty and Petrino said the opposite of Brett thus implying it helped recruiting. Plus I guess you didn't read the post from Factchecker about Brett having better recruiting classes overall.

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 09, 2016, 05:52:52 pm
You said hooty and Petrino said the opposite of Brett thus implying it helped recruiting. Plus I guess you didn't read the post from Factchecker about Brett having better recruiting classes overall.

I implied no such thing. You just read it that way. By saying "the opposite", I meant that they said playing in WMS did not hurt recruiting.

I realize Bret does not like the Hogs playing a home game in WMS and I agree with him on that but I believe he's just using recruiting as a convenient excuse. He would do better by saying he personally doesn't like playing there and wants it to stop.

Hawgey-Davidson

Can we just let the GSD end once and for all. DWRRS is the Home of the Razorbacks. There was a time WMS hosted more games. That time is long gone. I540 (now I49) has been open for awhile now. Try it. Not a bad drive.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on July 09, 2016, 01:39:02 pm
You have a quote or proof of Nutt or Petrino saying that WMS helped in recruiting?

Yet Bielema has a better recruiting average than both Nutt or Petrino ever did:

2002: 25  http://247sports.com/Season/2002-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2003: 42  http://247sports.com/Season/2003-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2004: 24  http://247sports.com/Season/2004-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2005: 28  http://247sports.com/Season/2005-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2006: 25  http://247sports.com/Season/2006-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2007: 38  http://247sports.com/Season/2007-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Houston Nutt's Average Recruiting Class(final 6 cycles):  30.3

2008: 27  http://247sports.com/Season/2008-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2009: 21  http://247sports.com/Season/2009-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2010: 41  http://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2011: 21  http://247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2012: 28  http://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Bobby Petrino's Average Recruiting Class: 27.6

2013: 23  http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2014: 29  http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2015: 23  http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
2016: 26  http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Bret Bielema's Average Recruiting Class: 25.25
Nutt/petrino did good in recruiting most years. If you throw out the 2003/2010 classes, the % are almost identical. This proves our expectations of #20-25 year in year out. Nutt was very lazy, though, and did not recruit to needs anywhere near as well as BB. Not sure wth cbp was doing in 2010.

BB hasn't had his best recruiting year here yet. After we make Atlanta he'll have at least 1 top 10-12 class. We were close last year. Had we landed 2 more Boothogs and avoided 2 late defects, that class would have been #14 or so. This year is a needs class and we'll pick up a couple late gems. But feb. 2018, i bet we hit that #10-12 class.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 09, 2016, 06:00:24 pm
I implied no such thing. You just read it that way. By saying "the opposite", I meant that they said playing in WMS did not hurt recruiting.

Classic Guv in all his glory!

GuvHog

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 09, 2016, 06:19:23 pm
Can we just let the GSD end once and for all. DWRRS is the Home of the Razorbacks. There was a time WMS hosted more games. That time is long gone. I540 (now I49) has been open for awhile now. Try it. Not a bad drive.

What debate?? There are a few stragglers (very few) but almost eveyone believes the time has come to move that last WMS game to DWRRS. Heck, I was once one of the biggest critics of moving all instate home games to DWRRS but even I have changed my mind.

Hawgar The Horrible

I realize Bret does not like the Hogs playing a home game in WMS and I agree with him on that but I believe he's just using recruiting as a convenient excuse. He would do better by saying he personally doesn't like playing there and wants it to stop.

How in the Sam Hell does losing a weekend to host kids on campus help recruiting?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 10, 2016, 09:09:05 am
How in the Sam Hell does losing a weekend to host kids on campus help recruiting?
Because the fewer the options, the easier it is to choose...

Mike Irwin

Over 40,000 dumb posts and this may be one of the dumbest.

Sure, Bret Bielema should tell Razorback fans in Central Arkansas, "Not playing games where you folks live doesn't actually hurt recruiting. It's a personal thing with me. I don't want to play games where you live. I don't like it and I want it to stop."

Talk about the dopiest PR move of all time.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 09, 2016, 03:49:04 pm
Fond memories are fine. I have memories of WMS and old girlfriends. I don't want to play using any of them...................
Agree 100%. Fond memories and time to move on. Like my move. None of my Ashley County friends asked me why the move. They said, we want to go to the mountains too. Where do you want to be in 5 years with our program? What things are helping/hurting us? WMS is hurting us now and holding us back from what we can be.  Wooo pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2016, 09:18:39 am

Sure, Bret Bielema should tell Razorback fans in Central Arkansas, "Not playing games where you folks live doesn't actually hurt recruiting. It's a personal thing with me. I don't want to play games where you live. I don't like it and I want it to stop."

Yeah, he should blurt that out, do a mic drop, and flip 'em the bird as he exits stage left.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 10, 2016, 09:31:44 am
Yeah, he should blurt that out, do a mic drop, and flip 'em the bird as he exits stage left.

After the yearly dues have been paid........

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2016, 09:32:41 am
After the yearly dues have been paid........
Well of course!  It ain't like he's stupid or something.  Saban could probably get away with it, though.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 10, 2016, 09:35:02 am
Well of course!  It ain't like he's stupid or something.  Saban could probably get away with it, though.

The thing is it is not simply about one less recruiting visits weekend for athletes but it is an issue. There are other things involved such as one more travel game, less money, time, even recruiting of regular students by getting them on campus to see everything while experiencing a game, etc.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 10, 2016, 09:42:43 am
The thing is it is not simply about one less recruiting visits weekend for athletes but it is an issue. There are other things involved such as one more travel game, less money, time, even recruiting of regular students by getting them on campus to see everything, one extra weekend, etc.

I don't have a problem with one trip to LR for a cupcake, but those with such strong feelings for WMS consider it a slap in the face. So, we might as well end it in 2018. Truthfully, back to back weekends to Fayetteville are time consuming, but I've remedied that, lol.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on July 10, 2016, 10:01:55 am
I don't have a problem with one trip to LR for a cupcake, but those with such strong feelings for WMS consider it a slap in the face. So, we might as well end it in 2018. Truthfully, back to back weekends to Fayetteville are time consuming, but I've remedied that, lol.

Which is something a LOT of fans at all schools experience.

ricepig

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 10, 2016, 09:18:39 am

Good point Mike, I was wrong about that. Maybe the best thing might be for him to say nothing about it and let Long handle the WMS situation.