Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russell Wilson on Alex Collins

Started by WILL CLINTON, June 15, 2016, 11:58:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

sickboy

jgphillips3

He's got more moves than ex-lax...

Dr. Starcs

June 16, 2016, 08:12:21 am #3 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:35:32 am by Dr. Starcs
And that's saying something for a guy that dates Ciara.

DiamondHogFan

Always a good thing when the franchise QB is pulling for you.  Wilson knows that CBB coaches the right way.  I think AC will see the field this year.

BentonvilleJeff

I think Alex makes it in the NFL because he can run between the tackles. Doesn't try to out run everyone. He just takes the ball and looks for yards. He's always reminded me of Emmitt.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

ShadowHawg

I think he could be a very good NFL back. Most NFL backs aren't breaking runs for long TD's these days but are good for short bursts. His quick feet give him the ability to make that first guy miss and then pick up quality yardage consistently. Very excited about his prospects as a pro.

RebelW

I think it's pretty sharp that AC and Russel Wilson came from playing under Bielema. And Rawls, the other RB who had an awesome year lay year came from Dan Enos when he was at CMU.

Rzrbk63

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on June 16, 2016, 08:24:52 am
I think Alex makes it in the NFL because he can run between the tackles. Doesn't try to out run everyone. He just takes the ball and looks for yards. He's always reminded me of Emmitt.

I could not agree more.  I have always thought that AC was a clone of Emmitt Smith.  If he could have half the career he will be a very successful NFL running back.  I will always pull for AC as I have always enjoyed his attitude and love of the Hogs. 

Hogarusa

Where will you be drafting AC in your fantasy draft?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Justagp

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on June 17, 2016, 02:32:12 pm
I could not agree more.  I have always thought that AC was a clone of Emmitt Smith.  If he could have half the career he will be a very successful NFL running back.  I will always pull for AC as I have always enjoyed his attitude and love of the Hogs.

My thoughts exactly  :razorback:

longpig

Most impressive is that he's running physical, we knew he had moves.
Don't be scared, be smart.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Rzrbk63 on June 17, 2016, 02:32:12 pm

He's like Emmit Smith with better cutting ability.  Emmitt barely broke 4.6 I believe but he was tough and found the hole.  I think AC will have a long career if he can learn to consistently catch the ball to go with his blocking and running skills.

The NewEra

Alex is really good at denying defenses a solid hit on him.  That along with his vision and quick feet should serve him well in the NFL.  I don't know if he's applied it yet, but if he can develop the work ethic of a JWill, he could be a Great NFL back.  We'll see how badly he wants to be a star.  I'm surely pulling for him.

PorkRinds

One thing that's sometimes overlooked about AC is his durability. He came in as a true freshman and had three straight 1000+ yard seasons with very minimal injuries. Nothing really serious at all.  That's impressive in the sec.

WizardofhOgZ

June 20, 2016, 01:57:00 pm #18 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:11:16 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on June 16, 2016, 08:24:52 am

Agree.  That's the same comparison I've been making since the first time I saw him.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: Hogarusa on June 17, 2016, 02:56:47 pm
Where will you be drafting AC in your fantasy draft?

Round 11 in a 14 teamer.