Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Board of Trustees to vote on final approval on expansion on Thursday

Started by ricepig, June 15, 2016, 06:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: BLS50 on June 16, 2016, 11:23:30 am
I see some good and some not so good in this......would have liked this a whole lot more if they had made club seats of the entire lower bowl area.....that would have been an amazing renovation.......and yes...it would have cost a few seats........however, it would have benefited thousands of fans.....not just a few who will benefit from the premium part of this renovation.

To convert the entire lower bowl to chair back seating would be too expensive. They would have to tear out all of the concrete in the seating areas on both sides and start from scratch. We would be looking at least at one whole season of Hog home games in WMS and maybe two. I don't see that happening.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2016, 10:58:20 am
I would think in Dec, Long has hinted that the new south video board could possibly be ready before the season is over.

The NEZ is going to be impressive. How large do they plan to make the video board in the SEZ? That may have been discussed before, but a I never heard how big it was going to be.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 16, 2016, 11:29:09 am
The level of stupidity in the comments section of the article is amazing

I normally don't ever read the comments, I went back and did. I think a couple are regulars on here.

WilsonHog

I appreciate the BOT for approving the package, and the leadership of our president, chancellor, and AD for pushing it through.

RRS is going to be a even better venue, even more of a top tier facility, than it is now.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2016, 11:33:34 am
I normally don't ever read the comments, I went back and did. I think a couple are regulars on here.

You could run commercials on TV for weeks explaining that tax money is not being used and the same rubes will still say tax money is being misused on this project.

Justifiable Hogicide

BLS50

In answer to your question would I be willing to pay......I already do. I'm in the East Outdoor Club area.  No, I don't know the engineering challenges of taking out bench seats and replacing them with chair backs.....or what the university would charge for those seats.....part of current club cost has to do with location and the special club areas we get to frequent......I simply think many fans would enjoy the chair back experience vice what we do now.....as opposed to the few who will benefit from this action.  I am glad the Broyles Center will be torn down and re built....to include team facilities for game day.  Seat wise....this only benefits a few who can afford suites vice the general fan or students.  It is a significant investment for sure. 

ricepig

Quote from: BLS50 on June 16, 2016, 11:40:07 am
In answer to your question would I be willing to pay......I already do. I'm in the East Outdoor Club area.  No, I don't know the engineering challenges of taking out bench seats and replacing them with chair backs.....or what the university would charge for those seats.....part of current club cost has to do with location and the special club areas we get to frequent......I simply think many fans would enjoy the chair back experience vice what we do now.....as opposed to the few who will benefit from this action.  I am glad the Broyles Center will be torn down and re built....to include team facilities for game day.  Seat wise....this only benefits a few who can afford suites vice the general fan or students.  It is a significant investment for sure. 

I don't think you could put chairbacks in the existing rows, there isn't enough room between rows. So, I don't see it being feasible in our present structure. Of course everyone would enjoy the chair back "experience", but again, at what cost to generate the same income? There are more than suites in this expansion/renovation, 2300 or so club seats.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 16, 2016, 11:30:45 am
The NEZ is going to be impressive. How large do they plan to make the video board in the SEZ? That may have been discussed before, but a I never heard how big it was going to be.

Whatever $6M will buy these days, that's the number they have been saying on it's cost.

Tusks

From reading the dissenting opinions below many of the announcement articles in the interwebs, it is obvious that the Arkansas schools systems have failed many.

SMH
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: tusked on June 16, 2016, 12:51:00 pm
From reading the dissenting opinions below many of the announcement articles in the interwebs, it is obvious that the Arkansas schools systems have failed many.

SMH

No, the vast majority, if they attended a college in Arkansas were used to tuition and fees paying for their athletic department, usually at a 50% subsidy at the minimum.

razorbackfaninar

I don't presume to be smarter than Senator Pryor, but from what I can gather from his argument he doesn't seem to understand a lot of what is being proposed.  I don't see how he can be so dead set against this proposal when he doesn't seem to have a full grasp of it. 

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Hawgar The Horrible

There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

26.2Hog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on June 16, 2016, 01:08:29 pm
I don't presume to be smarter than Senator Pryor, but from what I can gather from his argument he doesn't seem to understand a lot of what is being proposed.  I don't see how he can be so dead set against this proposal when he doesn't seem to have a full grasp of it.

I agree. His comments just leave me scratching my head.

He really appears to have no clue.

TebowHater

Quote from: 26.2Hog on June 16, 2016, 02:53:05 pm
I agree. His comments just leave me scratching my head.

He really appears to have no clue.

Odd for sure.

TrueBlue

I like that the BOT approved the expansion. Have no complaints.

Just personal preference, I wish they would completely bowl it and not leave the SRO area though. I know it is tradition to leave that area open to the outside but it would help keep the sound inside the stadium if they would finish it out. It would also look more impressive. 

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 16, 2016, 03:16:26 pm

Just personal preference, I wish they would completely bowl it and not leave the SRO area though. I know it is tradition to leave that area open to the outside but it would help keep the sound inside the stadium if they would finish it out. It would also look more impressive. 

We'll spend $450m to finish that little area in 2030........

TebowHater

I totally agree. The renderings almost look like a stadium that was being built and then they ran out of money to finish it. I appreciate the tradition but...

Sivad

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on June 16, 2016, 01:08:29 pm
Senator Pryor...but from what I can gather from his argument he doesn't seem to understand a lot of what is being proposed.  I don't see how he can be so dead set against this proposal when he doesn't seem to have a full grasp of it. 
Thanks for his past service, but his questions (which were fully answered and refuted) show the poor man is obviously past his sell-by date.

Sivad

And thank you to the majority of the BOT for having the good judgment to move forward with this RRS upgrade.

atekido

Wasteful spending.   In 5-7 years they are going to wish they have kept it in reserves.  If more people aren't seeing whats coming in the horizon there really is no help for them.  Sports is riding a huge money making bubble right now... well for some.  But it is not going to last and ESPN was just the first casualty of it and they are still bleeding out like a stuffed pig.  The days of Huge contracts with broadcast networks and such will be going away in a few years and a lot of steady income with it.  There are numerous and way better things that the money could be spent on to actually make going to a game there better or insuring they never are in a position like what LSU is experiencing which is don't spend what you don't actually have.

McKdaddy

^^^^

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

GuvHog

Actually it IS completely bowled in. Below the SRO deck there are 2 complete levels of club seating that span the whole North end zone.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: atekido on June 16, 2016, 03:41:17 pm
Wasteful spending.   In 5-7 years they are going to wish they have kept it in reserves.  If more people aren't seeing whats coming in the horizon there really is no help for them.  Sports is riding a huge money making bubble right now... well for some.  But it is not going to last and ESPN was just the first casualty of it and they are still bleeding out like a stuffed pig.  The days of Huge contracts with broadcast networks and such will be going away in a few years and a lot of steady income with it.  There are numerous and way better things that the money could be spent on to actually make going to a game there better or insuring they never are in a position like what LSU is experiencing which is don't spend what you don't actually have.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.......

McKdaddy

Quote from: TebowHater on June 16, 2016, 03:23:09 pm
The renderings almost look like a stadium that was being built and then they ran out of money to finish it. I appreciate the tradition but...

My wife & I thought the same thing.

McKdaddy

Quote from: GuvHog on June 16, 2016, 03:54:46 pm
Actually it IS completely bowled in.

Understood, but the opening does not give that appearance.

FraggleHog

I saw comments that the board also approved raises for athletic staff today... Anyone have those figures handy?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: atekido on June 16, 2016, 03:41:17 pm

If the "huge" television contracts dry up and only select games are on the tube each Saturday, what will folks have to do in order to see the Hogs play?

Shell game my man. The stadium WILL be full and those $85 lowers will become a fond memory for those complaining now. Why do you think the capacity is still capped at 75k?

ricepig

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

roothawg

Putting up more glass does not enhance anything but some ones pocket book. I understand that there are people that do not go to the games to actually watch the game and cheer the team on. It is just another social event and nobody behind glass is part of the atmosphere created by the fans in the open air seats. Somebody making plans should consider the common person that does not make a ton of money but is just as much a fan as that person able to donate all kinds of money.

ricepig

Quote from: roothawg on June 16, 2016, 04:36:13 pm
Putting up more glass does not enhance anything but some ones pocket book. I understand that there are people that do not go to the games to actually watch the game and cheer the team on. It is just another social event and nobody behind glass is part of the atmosphere created by the fans in the open air seats. Somebody making plans should consider the common person that does not make a ton of money but is just as much a fan as that person able to donate all kinds of money.

Do these common fans pay for all the recent upgrades in the athletic department? It's just the way the world is run these days, may not be right, but is what is going on.

Seebs

Nobody has any idea how this will improve the volume within the stadium. You think you may know but until it is there .. I think we will all be amazed and how loud it gets.

Yeah for progress - Booo for old washed out politicians that want to keep War Memorial relevant and cantankerous, curmudgeony old billionaires.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

dhizzle

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2016, 04:39:52 pm
Do these common fans pay for all the recent upgrades in the athletic department? It's just the way the world is run these days, may not be right, but is what is going on.

The common fan seats pay for the common bills of the stadium. I think that's how it works. The big timer seats pay for the upgrades.

ricepig

Quote from: dhizzle on June 16, 2016, 04:49:03 pm
The common fan seats pay for the common bills of the stadium. I think that's how it works. The big timer seats pay for the upgrades.

That would be take on it, but one never knows how others perceive things.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: roothawg on June 16, 2016, 04:36:13 pm

Outside the new glass will be seating. Just like the suites at Bryant Denny. Try again.

roothawg

I'm all for any improvements, just don't need to leave out a large part of the fan base.

dhizzle

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 16, 2016, 04:52:34 pm
Outside the new glass will be seating. Just like the suites at Bryant Denny. Try again.

Is that a common fan seat because I need one maybe two?

AirForceHog

I love it. Glad it's finally happening. Upgrades always help in recruiting as well.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: dhizzle on June 16, 2016, 04:54:35 pm
Is that a common fan seat because I need one maybe two?

You won't like them. I've read right here on Hogville that they will be the worst seats in the house and will never sell. Given that fact you could probably receive a discount though.

opineonswine

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on June 16, 2016, 05:27:13 pm
Tuition will not be going up.  Yeah, right...

Well, not because of this.....tuition goes up every year, these days. Far cry from the $200/semester when I started, lol.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Hogfaniam

Quote from: McKdaddy on June 16, 2016, 03:56:47 pm
Understood, but the opening does not give that appearance.

I suggested condos there with balcony seating
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"