Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fred Hoiberg

Started by Hugo Bezdek, March 27, 2019, 04:02:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Bezdek

I know most consider him a lock for Nebraska, but it's been mentioned the MA is in consideration for that job. Where would Hoiberg fit on your candidate list? He's definitely behind Donovan, who is my grand slam hire, but Hoiberg is available now. I'd put him ahead of Sampson. Not sure about Beard. Beard may have more upside.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This threads credibility should be called into question since you did not include "Mega Thread" in the title.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 27, 2019, 04:04:16 pm
This threads credibility should be called into question since you did not include "Mega Thread" in the title.

I'm not sure yet if he warrants a "Mega Thread", maybe  a "On-The-Fence Thread". I think he takes the Nebraska job, but I could see us muddying the waters if we pursued him.

Kevin

not sure about him.  i think he stays in the nba
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Foshodo

Sucked huge at Chicago and he had 2 good years at Iowa state... don't want him.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Foshodo on March 27, 2019, 04:13:33 pm
Sucked huge at Chicago and he had 2 good years at Iowa state... don't want him.

The comment about his time at ISU is laughable.  Here are some facts.  Before ISU Hoiberg had never been a college coach.

He coached there 5 years. 

In year 1 he went .500

The next 4 years he took them to the NCAA every year.  He finished no lower than 4th in the conference those 4 years.  He made 1 sweet 16.

Now look at what Hoiberg took over at ISU

Greg McDermott had been the coach for 4 years.  Never went to the post season.  Never had a winning record in any season.  Never won more than 6 conf games.  Was 59-68 overall and 18-46 in conference, while Hoiberg's last 4 they were 46-26.

Hoiberg did a great job rebuilding that program in fairly short order and leaving it in very good shape as well.  Best coach in the world?  No.  But saying he only had 2 good years at ISU is ignorant 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Foshodo

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 27, 2019, 04:24:03 pm
The comment about his time at ISU is laughable.  Here are some facts.  Before ISU Hoiberg had never been a college coach.

He coached there 5 years. 

In year 1 he went .500

The next 4 years he took them to the NCAA every year.  He finished no lower than 4th in the conference those 4 years.  He made 1 sweet 16.

Now look at what Hoiberg took over at ISU

Greg McDermott had been the coach for 4 years.  Never went to the post season.  Never had a winning record in any season.  Never won more than 6 conf games.  Was 59-68 overall and 18-46 in conference, while Hoiberg's last 4 they were 46-26.

Hoiberg did a great job rebuilding that program in fairly short order and leaving it in very good shape as well.  Best coach in the world?  No.  But saying he only had 2 good years at ISU is ignorant

I gave him credit for his two final years there, I didn't say his other 3 were bad, just that his final 2 were good. He followed that up with a terrible stint with the bulls. I don't want him because that career is not good enough in my opinion. Sorry you don't agree... i know those facts you stated, doesn't change my mind. Yer ignorant... neener neener

WooPig90

Fred Hoiberg: "I hated recruiting. I absolutely "***" hated recruiting. In the NBA it is just coaching. No other stuff. Just coaching."

The_Iceman

Quote from: WooPig90 on March 27, 2019, 04:37:15 pm
Fred Hoiberg: "I hated recruiting. I absolutely "***" hated recruiting. In the NBA it is just coaching. No other stuff. Just coaching."

That will scare off a lot of teams.

247Hog

Quote from: Kevin on March 27, 2019, 04:12:44 pm
not sure about him.  i think he stays in the nba

Not if noone wants him.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Foshodo

je100

Quote from: WooPig90 on March 27, 2019, 04:37:15 pm

There's nothing else I need to know about Fred Hoiberg.  Nothing.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2019, 04:58:56 pm

Yeah, that's not a good look.

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2019, 04:58:56 pm

Yeah, but he was good at it. recruiting that is.