Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breeders' Cup announces sites for 2015, 2016 and 2017

Started by heavylifting, June 24, 2014, 12:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavylifting

I just got this in my email inbox:

"The Breeders' Cup is delighted to announce the locations of the next three Breeders' Cup World Championships. Over the next three years, the Breeders' Cup will be traveling across the nation to some of the most iconic horse racing venues.

The 2015 Breeders' Cup races into Lexington, Kentucky, the heart of Kentucky's Blue Grass Country and thoroughbred racing, as Keeneland Race Course hosts its first ever Breeders' Cup.

In 2016, the Breeders' Cup will make its record ninth appearance at the beautiful Santa Anita Park, home to some of the event's most stunning finishes.

Then in 2017 the Breeders' Cup will be hosted down the California Coast at Del Mar, where the surf meets the turf, for the first time ever.

Watch the live press conferences starting today at 10:00 a.m. ET and Register now for ticketing information.

Then check out our Announcement Video and get excited for a new era in Breeders' Cup history!

Find out more at www.breederscup.com. You can also stay up-to-date with the Breeders' Cup on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube."

kingoftherapids

cant wait for keeneland on the DIRT! and also, i'll be probably heading out to del mar in a couple years for the first time! can't wait!

HawgWild

Del-Mar can't host more than 50,000, much less than Oaklawn. Too bad we don't have a turf course here.

cbhawg03

Quote from: HawgWild on June 24, 2014, 01:54:41 pm
Del-Mar can't host more than 50,000, much less than Oaklawn. Too bad we don't have a turf course here.

While I would love to see it at Oaklawn, I am not for it being at the small tracks, was a nightmare at Lone Star.

Horsesrus

I hope and pray they limit attendance at Keeneland.  More than 40,000 will not be a good experience. I've been there with attendance in the low to mid 30,000s and it's packed.  I expect demand for the few good seats in the grandstand and clubhouse to be extremely high. I'm anxious to see the pricing as well because it won't be the like the BC to leave money on the table.  At Churchill and Santa Anita I've bought good seats significantly below face value week of or day of the event.  I think I will be calling in favors for the Keeneland edition.