Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

any news??

Started by husker71, December 01, 2013, 05:49:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

on new barns and/or jocks coming to OP for this upcoming meeting??  I understand JVB is going to have a stable here.

kingoftherapids

most regular riders are back.  santana plans on being back, rosie plans on being back and will ride more often for better barns. the von hemel boys have some runners and will be much more of a threat.

kingoftherapids

Mark Casse, McPeek, Autrey, Assman, Van Berg, Gary Simms, Josie Carroll, Dont be surprised if we have some Catalano horses bc channing hill plans on coming back. He is riding a lot for catalano now who happens to be his father in law. Cisco Torres, Norberto Arroyo, Jesus Castanon, Patrick Husbands, Rosie Homeister, Jenna Joubert, Terry Thompson

jdelo77

Bret Calhoun had some nice 2yr olds at the Churchill meet , I know Calhoun usually runs horses at OP, do you guys look for shippers from Remington and Fair grounds ? I know that was angle some used....

kingoftherapids

heavylifting

Norberto Arroyo?

Just walk out of any pool halls you might find him in. He has kept himself on the right side of the law, however, since he did time behind bars. And has won steadily in Kentucky. But what a waste; all that talent. Maybe he's matured.

jdelo77

Calhoun has a monster named son of Dixie , look for him in a stakes at OP in
January....

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 02, 2013, 03:45:06 pm
Mark Casse, McPeek, Autrey, Assman, Van Berg, Gary Simms, Josie Carroll, Dont be surprised if we have some Catalano horses bc channing hill plans on coming back. He is riding a lot for catalano now who happens to be his father in law. Cisco Torres, Norberto Arroyo, Jesus Castanon, Patrick Husbands, Rosie Homeister, Jenna Joubert, Terry Thompson

Who will be riding for what trainers?

jdelo77

Husbands usually rides for Casse , Santana and Assman was money last year , Rose Mary rides for Ingrid Mason at other tracks ... Anyone have anything else to add ? That's all I can think of ....

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelow77 on December 20, 2013, 05:03:56 pm
Husbands usually rides for Casse , Santana and Assman was money last year , Rose Mary rides for Ingrid Mason at other tracks ... Anyone have anything else to add ? That's all I can think of ....

I mean Castanon and Arroyo. I should have been clearer.

kingoftherapids

rosemary will be riding for some new outfits this year. she will be riding a lot more than last. husbands and casse is a for sure bet. if catalano comes and channing hill is here then it will for sure be those two.

jdelo77

I'm curious to know as well , maybe KOTR can answer that for us ....

cbhawg03

Kellyn Gorder will have stable at Oaklawn. Has split his horses between GP and Oaklawn, usually between GP and FG.

PineyWoodsRooter

Jack Van Berg said yesterday on TVG that he will be back at Oaklawn this year.

On another note it getting closer to Oaklawn starting because my Oaklawn season
passes came in the mail today. An early Christmas present.

userpick

Quote from: PineyWoodsRooter on December 23, 2013, 01:39:23 pm
Jack Van Berg said yesterday on TVG that he will be back at Oaklawn this year.

On another note it getting closer to Oaklawn starting because my Oaklawn season
passes came in the mail today. An early Christmas present.

Speaking of TVG, will  Oaklawn still only be shown on HRTV?

kingoftherapids

No catalano anymore.  So most likely no Channing hill.   What's y'all's question? I can try and find out. I'll be on the backside a couple different times the next week

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 24, 2013, 01:05:36 am
No catalano anymore.  So most likely no Channing hill.   What's y'all's question? I can try and find out. I'll be on the backside a couple different times the next week

Will Castanon and Arroyo be at Oaklawn? Who will they ride for?

And the most important question for all of the Hogville handicappers: Will Donna Cline have any horses at Oaklawn?

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: cbrooks03 on December 22, 2013, 09:11:43 pm
Kellyn Gorder will have stable at Oaklawn. Has split his horses between GP and Oaklawn, usually between GP and FG.
This. Was with Kellyn last week at Gulfstream.

kingoftherapids

Well guys.  Tidbits.  I predicted Archarcharch to win the derby before the meet started two years ago.   I might try that again.... I saw. Stone cold stakes runner this morning if everything works out. I will watch once more and make sure before posting.   Castanon was supposed to arrive this mornings but I never saw him on a horse.   Hill is still going to come even though father in law isn't   Will take charge looked magnificent    As did strong mandate. Casse and McPeek horses REALLY stood out to me this morning.  Aaron court has good hands for a young jock. Surface looks as good as I have seen it in a few years

kingoftherapids

Eurica rosa de silva is coming for casse.   Now who knows what is going to happen as far as the husbands situation

kingoftherapids

This is a big deal. Top Canadian jock coming to oaklawn.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 27, 2013, 10:34:50 am
This is a big deal. Top Canadian jock coming to oaklawn.

Know that things could change, but this was in the Oaklawn newsletter that was sent out last week.

hogoffate

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on December 25, 2013, 08:05:55 am
This. Was with Kellyn last week at Gulfstream.
Was he confident about having success at OP?
Any "monsters" coming our way?
Thanks for the info

jdelo77

Sounds like a lot of good Trainers/Jocks will be coming , quite a bit of competition for the regular Jocks like Thompson,Berry,Court...

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on December 26, 2013, 01:19:51 pm
Well guys.  Tidbits.  I predicted Archarcharch to win the derby before the meet started two years ago.   I might try that again.... I saw. Stone cold stakes runner this morning if everything works out. I will watch once more and make sure before posting.   Castanon was supposed to arrive this mornings but I never saw him on a horse.   Hill is still going to come even though father in law isn't   Will take charge looked magnificent    As did strong mandate. Casse and McPeek horses REALLY stood out to me this morning.  Aaron court has good hands for a young jock. Surface looks as good as I have seen it in a few years

So when you going to give us a name? I would think the latest would be the 2nd, if you were able to go to track everyday then surely by the 2nd you would have seen this horse again.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: hogoffate on December 27, 2013, 02:43:43 pm
Was he confident about having success at OP?
Any "monsters" coming our way?
Thanks for the info
All the Kentucky guys are excited. Kenny Mcpeek will be back, I like his horse Frac Daddy. Ballantrae Farms is sending some horses by way of Kellyn. I'll find out who they like.

hogoffate

I like McPeek too.  He had Moon Back More; who had a few horrendous trips at OP last year, got injured, finally got back and won at Churchill Downs paying $18.80.  Hacked me off as I was ready to bet on him, but couldn't use Twinspires here in Texas.  I sure hope they win their appeal in court.

jdelo77

I'm breaking a cardinal rule and going next weekend for opening weekend ... No new news ?

kingoftherapids

I went yesterday morning and my goodness it was collld. McPeek has to have a pretty good string here. I saw 6 or 7 walk onto the track together and they all looked nice. Fires had his better ones yesterday morning with court aboard. Thompson and Calvin seemed very happy. Calvin and jockey joe were talking fishing when I was with them. I have no idea how you can fish in this weather!!

jdelo77

We tear up crappie this time of year ! But yes it's a cold day  if you don't absolutely love it ! Looks like rain next weekend as well ...

cbhawg03

Looks like Castanon will primarily ride for Lukas, Silva obviously for Casse, Arroyo Jr for Gorder.

Anybody know if Miguel Mena will be riding at OP for the entire meet or just in for Friday? Surely he will not be here Friday just to ride Son of Dixie?

jdelo77

Calhouns horse son of Dixie is entered in the last race on Friday , he is very high on the horse ... It might be the biggest bet I make this weekend ...