Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breeders Cup 30-1 Video

Started by cbhawg03, November 01, 2013, 08:23:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

Any of you guys watch this? It originally aired last Saturday and then replayed last night twice. Is a countdown of the top 30 Breeders Cup races.

Number 2 was Blame holding off Zenyatta.

Number 1 was Zenyatta winning the Classic.

I liked the show, but a Zenyatta lover put this thing together. Every horse that has won multiple BC races, well there races would be one number. For instances, Goldikova was number 8, as part of being number 8, they showed all three of her races. However, Zenyatta was number 1 and 2.

I thought that Blame holding Z off was a very good race, but when Z won the Classic, I don't see why that should be number 1.

One of my favorite moments was Goldikova winning at Churchill and the groom was running down the dirt track with her and yelling for her to go in French.

They are going to sell this on a DVD on the Breeders Cup website. The DVD will show the entire race call of all top 30 moments. The show just shows the last 100 yards.

heavylifting

Didn't see the video, but nothing -- NOTHING -- tops Personal Ensign grinding it out in the gloom and slop at Churchill Downs in the '88 Distaff to stay undefeated.

cbhawg03

Quote from: heavylifting on November 01, 2013, 09:14:28 am
Didn't see the video, but nothing -- NOTHING -- tops Personal Ensign grinding it out in the gloom and slop at Churchill Downs in the '88 Distaff to stay undefeated.

That was part of the countdown, but seeming that I was 1 at the time, it was just a good race and moment. Obviously means more to you than me, age probably dictates that difference.

heavylifting

Quote from: cbrooks03 on November 01, 2013, 09:26:31 am
That was part of the countdown, but seeming that I was 1 at the time, it was just a good race and moment. Obviously means more to you than me, age probably dictates that difference.
That's always the problem with these "greatest all-time" lists. Everybody's frame of reference reflects a certain timespan. Fifteen years ago, I would get no argument re Personal Ensign and probably wouldn't even have to go to bat for her.

I'm 53; wait until you hit my age and take up this discussion with someone who's in diapers today. Mention Zenyatta and you'll hear, "Yeah, I think I heard some people say he was pretty good." He!  You'll wonder how they couldn't know how good Zenyatta was, but it's just the march of time. And it's worse in racing than in other sports, where the athletes stay around for 10-20 years. It's like a revolving door, except for the trainers and jockeys.

cbhawg03

Well I don't disagree that was a good race, and I am not a huge Zenyatta fan either. Personally, I like RA more, and Azeri more than either of those two.

I think as far as the race goes, Blame holding off Z was a good race though, but that list is loaded with some really good races and just some races are on there because of the horse that was really good, but not necessarily the race.

Iwastherein1969

best race was the first BC classic with the little almost black colt Wild Again showing more guts than any race horse I've ever seen with horses making runs at him at every point of the race and the 'magical hands' of Pat Day got him home....and then Pat, after having jogged back turned to the sky thanking THE MAN...greatest ride I've ever seen
The long Grey line will never fail our country.