Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$245K Saratoga Pick Six

Started by RockChalkJayhawk, July 23, 2013, 06:21:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockChalkJayhawk

I'm just kinda looking at this card for the fun of it, and will craft a small play or two - essentially buying a few lottery tickets - but I've come upon a major snag, thus my post here.

Race 8, Randy Morse sends out the #1 horse, Jan's Perfect Star, owned by David Clark.  This Arkansas-bred speed-ball is 2-4 lifetime and was laid off following a very disappointing effort at Prairie Meadows in May.  She could very well be the speed of the speed in this 7 furlong race, but the question is do you use her or toss her out?  Ironically, the 8th race is only a 6-horse field, but very contentious.

Jan's Perfect Star won on debut at Oaklawn with an 89 Beyer but that was in the barn of Al Cates.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

cbhawg03

Use her, obviously your gut says use her or you wouldn't question it on here. Always trust your gut feeling. Plus always go for Oaklawn horses!!

RockChalkJayhawk

Actually my gut says don't use her.

cbhawg03

Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on July 23, 2013, 08:54:31 pm
Actually my gut says don't use her.

Oh. Well just play her as a homer ;)

Rendezvous Cook

Toss the PRM race.  Oaklawn runners love or hate that track, most hate.  The only ones that run well there are barns that ship to stay there directly from here. 

She's fast and Saratoga speed does well.  She's worth my$5. 

Rendezvous Cook

Btw, Andy Serling has her listed.....not sure if that's good though!  Lol

RockChalkJayhawk

Jan's Perfect Star (5/2) faded badly, finishing last in a field of 5 after setting the early fractions of 22.68  45.71.  Winning time was a slow 1:24.71, winner was Moment in Dixie (2-1).

The rail draw, the layoff, 7 furlongs, the questionable last race, and form vs weaker made her a toss for me.  I did have the winner in my play, but it's a moot point anyway as I'm sure my lotto tickets are very much dead.

Rendezvous Cook

I luckily got busy and didn't play today