Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you guys some sort of bear?

Started by cbhawg03, July 13, 2013, 10:59:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

July 13, 2013, 10:59:52 pm Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:48:16 am by cbrooks03
Grade 1 after Grade 1 has been passing us by, article in Fort Smith paper about Oaklawn having races for a 2 week period in December, GAme on Dude won again, optimizer lost again, nobody is mentioning what is going to happen to Hollywoods announcer when they close, Haskell is shaping up great, the spa is about to start and so is Del Mar.

Where you guys at?

RockChalkJayhawk

I've been playing all summer, trying to scratch enough bankroll to get after em at Saratoga.

jdelo77

I am so ready for Saratoga ! Del Mar will take all my money !

cbhawg03

Ready for Saratoga to start, personally don't really like California racing so I don't care about Del Mar really. The synthetic doesn't help either.

Saratoga and Arlington Million Day are the two I'm looking forward to the most.

HogFanInBryant

Note to all who love to play Del Mar as I do (I hate all synthetic other than Del Mar because I kill them summer after summer).....early in the meet you can crush them if you can find lone speed in route races on the synthetic.  This has been very very true to form for about 3 years in a row going into about the first 2 weeks of the meet.  I am not sure the reason, but I know it works.  If a horse is 6-5 and comes from far out of it in any route race early in the meet, you can pretty much draw a line through them.  This does not work for any of the 6 or 7 furlong races.....stick with a mile to a mile and an 8th.  Good luck and if I find anything I love on the few opening days at Del Mar I will for sure post it.  BTW....I suck at Saratoga so feel free to help me out if you see anything running up there that I need to get a part of!

jdelo77

Every year , Del Mar  takes my money , last year I made over a grand on the Saratoga meet but , could have been a lot more if I hadn't pissed it away on Del Mar ! Last year Pletcher and his 2 year olds were money ! Especially with Johnny V on them ! But I'm sure alot of us knew that already !

mckinneyhog5

I'm in summer school taking Anatomy and Physiology I and II.  My brain can't function enough to pick horses right now.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

cbhawg03

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on July 17, 2013, 11:12:43 pm
I'm in summer school taking Anatomy and Physiology I and II.  My brain can't function enough to pick horses right now.

Good luck there as I wouldn't trade you. I got a Criminal Justice class and a class over the correctional system.

songofthesword

Vick Stauffer (hollywood park's announcer) i could see him going to gulfstream for the summer gulfstream meet. he used to be the track announcer there before Larry C took his spot

cbhawg03

Quote from: songofthesword on July 21, 2013, 09:49:38 am
Vick Stauffer (hollywood park's announcer) i could see him going to gulfstream for the summer gulfstream meet. he used to be the track announcer there before Larry C took his spot

Not that he isn't good, but I don't really cAre for his race calling

BillyHog53

I know a guy whose river name is Gay Bear

songofthesword

Love me some Vic. My fav race caller in the country

he's a regular poster on a horse racing forum i visit (turfnsport.com)  he's a cool dude.