Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hollywood Park will not have Live Racing next year

Started by kingoftherapids, May 09, 2013, 12:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

nm. letter just went out. they did not seek any live racing dates in 2014

songofthesword

husker71

Just read on Paulick report.  Losing one of the most historically significant tracks of all time.  My gosh I remember standing on the corner of 3rd and Rosecrans and they had a special bus that just said "Racing" on the display.  Saw some great racing there when I was younger and in the day when no simulcasting so just 8 races to make your money.  Saw Snow Chief, Melair and other greats during some of my trips and thats not including all the other greats I saw.

cbhawg03

One of the tracks I pay no attention to, well pretty much all of the Californian tracks.

Every race ends up with 4-6 starters! Just the same horses race after race running against each other, you can count the horses that ship into Cali during an entire calendar year on one hand, excluding the Breeders Cup.

jdelo77

HawgWild

Sad to see it close. Went to the Breeder's Cup there in 1997 to see Skip Away win the Classic in record setting time. Straight shot from the LA Airport to the track. Just hop on the bus.

Iwastherein1969

Many moons ago Al Davis wanted the city of Los Angeles to build the Raiders a football stadium at what is now called Hollywood Park. Well, terms could not be reached and Davis moved the Raiders from L.A. back to Oakland. FYI.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.