Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nehro is dead of colic

Started by heavylifting, May 05, 2013, 06:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavylifting

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: heavylifting on May 05, 2013, 06:25:22 pm
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but . . .

http://www.drf.com/news/2011-kentucky-derby-runner-nehro-dies-colic
hate it, hate it, hate it....been there done that with a 2 year old who was just about to go to the track...Nehro ran his heart out everytime, apparently his was just a star-crossed time on Earth
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

jdelo77

Wow sad news , he was a gutsy horse !!

HogFanInBryant

Nehro...enjoy the fields of Heaven's hay.  You were a hard knocker and we thank you for being so gutsy.  RIP my friend.

cbhawg03

Sad to hear, but something had been up with Nehro for a while. I believe his race at Oaklawn was his first in a while, then the way he ran at Oaklawn. He should have beat those he faced at Oaklawn with Nehro and the jockey blindfolded. One of the best that could never break through.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: cabolbrooks on May 06, 2013, 08:08:30 am
Sad to hear, but something had been up with Nehro for a while. I believe his race at Oaklawn was his first in a while, then the way he ran at Oaklawn. He should have beat those he faced at Oaklawn with Nehro and the jockey blindfolded. One of the best that could never break through.
who knows what goes through a horse's mind....how many of them have you seen that will sit and sit and then move when asked at the top of the stretch, make a clear lead and then pull themselves up...its like they are thinking, "where's everybody else, I'll slow down and let them catch up with me." on that type of horse the jock has to time it just right to win....I guess they are pack animals and some feel more comfortable running around with the others
The long Grey line will never fail our country.