Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkie bred Strong Suit

Started by HawgFan70, February 02, 2013, 06:37:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgFan70

About to run in the Grade 2 Arcadia at Santa Anita
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

HawgFan70

being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

songofthesword

he doesn't have a high enough cruising speed to be successful in the american turf game.  euro turf horses coming to american turf racings are the biggest underlays in all of racing.

HogFanInBryant

I don't think they need to be running this horse against grade 2 horses this early in the year.

HawgFan70

He is probably more suited for non graded stakes races or high end allowance

The Hog

Quote from: songofthesword on February 03, 2013, 08:54:12 am
he doesn't have a high enough cruising speed to be successful in the american turf game.  euro turf horses coming to american turf racings are the biggest underlays in all of racing.
Yep.
Automatic RUN!

songofthesword

Quote from: HawgFan70 on February 04, 2013, 02:41:48 am
He is probably more suited for non graded stakes races or high end allowance
lol please

if you put these same group of horses in the king george stakes at Ascot Strong Suit would electric slide to a 10 length win. 

most gamblers don't understand anything about overseas racing and assume it's the same everywhere and it's not.  they litearlly canter in europe and sprint home. and hwen i say sprint i mean SPRINT.   we run our turf races just like we run our dirt races

so what that means is that he has to spend more energy keeping up and doesn't have that kick that he would normally have in a euro race.  but on the other hand, if we were to go over there and try to run against Strong Suit up hills in the stretch after running a 1:10 6F they'd be toast.

it takes a very unique type of horse to win here from europe, i.e ones with either a truely elite closing kick like Mulan had against fantastic light in 2000.. a horse that is so potent he can close from anywhere against anything or a horse that has a higher than usual cruising speed for most euros.

you notice most euros that come over here and win in BC races are front runners in europe. goli was a front runner or right off the lead and she was really push button you can put her anywhere. she could keep up with us and could still kick.  frankel could do that. strong suit can't do that.  he's a legit grade 1 horse.

it's no different than Senic Blast winning the freaking coolmore lighting stakes in australia, the most important sprint in aussie land and running up the track here in the states in a grade 2 on turf. Or the Ken Ramsey horse who had Pval on him who won some races here in the states and went down to the coolmore lighting and came in dead last. lol against senic blast actually.

it's not about just talent. to go somewhere else and win you have to be versatile.

cbhawg03

BTW

Goldikova just produced a colt by Galileo on Sunday

songofthesword

Frankel's 2nd full brother was just born yesterday