Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

**RIP Leon Cline** Alert

Started by cbhawg03, January 19, 2013, 02:23:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

She's listed as the breeder for the 4 horse in the second today at OP , Maiden claimer

userpick

Going to bet her in the 9th. Good luck!

RockChalkJayhawk

Well, at least the price is right!

cbhawg03

Thursday Race 9 Run Don't Walk

Has never shown much though

userpick

She has the 4 in race 3! 30/1 ML

husker71

I went to equibase where for free you can check the lifetime record for any horse,jockey, trainer or owner.  Donna Cline has had 1 winner in 2 years.  It certainly time for another Oaklawn bomb.

cbhawg03

Quote from: husker71 on February 16, 2014, 07:12:52 pm
I went to equibase where for free you can check the lifetime record for any horse,jockey, trainer or owner.  Donna Cline has had 1 winner in 2 years.  It certainly time for another Oaklawn bomb.

That 1 winner was last year at OP. Desi Dawn, which I nailed and also runs tomorrow at OP.

Donna has 3 runners for Mondays card

jdelo77

Does it happen this year ? No entries yet for this week ...

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelow77 on April 08, 2014, 04:13:16 pm
Does it happen this year ? No entries yet for this week ...

George Arnold wins a race every year during every meet at Keeneland for the last so many years. He was on his last entry on the last day of the Keeneland meet last year when he won his race.

Donna is going to have to win on Derby Day to keep the streak alive. No entries this week means that either she is gearing up all of her bullets for Saturday or is given up hope.

cbhawg03

No horses this week so the streak has ended :-X

cbhawg03

Donna will have to make a comeback this year since she didn't have a winner last year.

I will also be throwing money blindly at any horse trained by Dean Ward. You guys might want to add him to your stable.

jdelo77

Bobby O'briant is a name to look out for , never runs more 10-20 a year and always has at least one winner at big odds ...

cbhawg03

Don't know if any of you guys get the Oaklawn Handicapper that is produced by Jim Mazur and Progressive Handicapping, but this is how I came up with Dean Ward.

2014: 3-1-0-0 with an average pay of $38.60 and a profit of $32.60
2013: 8-0-0-1 with an average pay of $0.00 and a loss of $16.00
2012: 9-1-0-2 with an average pay of $55.40 and a profit of $37.40

3 year total 20-2-0-3 with an average pay of $47.00 and a profit of $54.00

That in my opinion is worth taking a stab in the dark. Just have to hope that he doesn't win one year and then lose the next and keep a continuous pattern, if that is the case then he will not win a race in 2015.

His wins are not specific in distance, one has come in a route and one in a sprint. One win has come with a layoff of 31-60 days and another of over 90 days. One win was in an allowance and another in a MSW. Both wins over the last 3 meets have been on the horses first start off a layoff.

cbhawg03

One other trainer that looks interesting is Kevin Peek.

2014: 4-1-0-0 $6.40 average, loss of $1.60
2013: 4-3-1-0 $18.60 average, profit of $47.80
2012: 5-0-1-0 $0.00 average, loss of $10.00

3 year total: 13-4-2-0 $15.55 average, profit of $36.20

Wins have all been in sprints and somewhere between 15-60 day layoff. Usually the owner is Judy Peek. 2 allowance wins and 2 claiming wins. He is 3-8 with a horse making 1st start of layoff of 31 days or more, 38% Win, 75% ITM, profit of $39.00.

husker71

I turned over to the fairground races just before the last race and the winner paid $224 for $2.   .10 super paid $12,000 +     I said to myself if that is Cline I will puke but the trainers last name was Martin and not the more famous Martins.

cbhawg03

Quote from: husker71 on December 18, 2014, 09:08:48 pm
I turned over to the fairground races just before the last race and the winner paid $224 for $2.   .10 super paid $12,000 +     I said to myself if that is Cline I will puke but the trainers last name was Martin and not the more famous Martins.

I have only seen Cline run horses at 2 or 3 different tracks and that includes Oaklawn. The other tracks were Midwest tracks but small tracks. Donna Cline hasn't ran a horse since Oaklawn though.

cbhawg03

Donna Cline could make you just right early in the meet.

Saturday Race 2 #2 Deliver the Storm with longshot jockey Belen Quinonez

husker71

I printed out my PPs for Friday and if speed is not holding it could really be an interesting day because race after race (after only a quick look at my form) is loaded with speed.   Heck in one of the races Lukas has a horse that was 1st by 10 after 1/4 and then 1st by 18 after a half and then fell apart.  Obviously the horse needs a strong rider and is now getting Thompson (8th race)  If speed is holding you are a better handicapper than I if you can pick between 4 or 5 speedballs in any race.   

kingoftherapids

the track is very tiring and deep. they have to keep churning to keep it from freezing. they are working it 24/7 right now. i capped for a lot of stalkers and closers. if they had "faded" or "weakened" on past performances i threw them out

jdelo77

I thought the Cline angle only worked on maiden claimers ? I've always been told Hawthorne was a deep track , I wonder if horses that have previously won there or ran a good race would fare well ?

husker71

thanks for the info KOTR  that helps my handicapping get a head start    good luck to all of you in your 2015 OP picks

cbhawg03

Quote from: jdelo77 on January 07, 2015, 06:47:07 pm
I thought the Cline angle only worked on maiden claimers ? I've always been told Hawthorne was a deep track , I wonder if horses that have previously won there or ran a good race would fare well ?

Mostly has been maiden claimers but I wouldn't want to miss her one big hit, so I just play her blindly. Worth a few bucks.

BigChief14

Here's an angle I noticed.......might pay off for someone today.

Steve Margolis entries at Fairgrounds with MSW.  This guy wins a lot in this class in December.  Angle doesn't hold up anywhere else but he wins at FG with MSW.

Today he's got 2 entered:
6th Race #1 @ 7/2
7th Race #10 @ 12/1

kingoftherapids

Quote from: BigChief14 on January 08, 2015, 08:20:14 am

Steve Margolis entries at Fairgrounds with MSW.  This guy wins a lot in this class in December.  Angle doesn't hold up anywhere else but he wins at FG with MSW.

6th Race #1 @ 7/2
7th Race #10 @ 12/1

Great angle. Thanks!

cbhawg03

Donna Cline Thursday Race 2 #1 Elmo's Journey in a Maiden Claimer for Arky breds

BigChief14

Quote from: BigChief14 on January 08, 2015, 08:20:14 am

6th Race #1 @ 7/2
7th Race #10 @ 12/1

Missed it by one day:

Sunday, FG, 8th
Save Our Oceans 15/1 ML
paid $42.20     $21.80     $11.00

Hope someone on here hit it.......

husker71

Rick Lee has picked Clines horse to win the 2nd race today at Oaklawn.  He mentioned how the horse has flashed early speed in his only 2 starts and posted a fast workout.  But the horse finished last by 20 and last by 38 in those 2 starts and just as importantly to me he breaks from the 1 hole today.  If he does not get out quickly he is done   Wethey is the jockey    If inside speed is holding today maybe    I like my speed horses to get outside with no speed further outside them   I really like them to get the 7 or 8 post

cbhawg03

Somebody thinks Cline's horse will win, went from 20/1 to 5/2

cbhawg03

Sunday Race 1: State Bred Maiden Claimer

12: Miss Seven K trained by Donna Cline

6: Andrea Reese trained by Robert Cline

Thoughts? Bet one or both? Who would be the one? Who is Robert Cline?

userpick

The 9 horse in race 1 today is a cline horse

cbhawg03

6 will be making second start. In previous start Donna Cline was the listed trainer.

This will be Robert Cline's first starter ever. What is the odds that first runner is a winner?