Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn Eats

Started by DeltaBoy, January 16, 2015, 11:34:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

The few times I visited in College we loved the Reubans we got there.  What is your favorite Track eat.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogoffate

Roast beef and corned beef sandwiches are great.

If you like hot chocolate, get a Razorback at the dessert stand its great

mckinneyhog5

Ruben..Was just talking about it last night.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Rendezvous Cook

Call me an idiot.....guaranteed daily double:  Hot dog and a beer!

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

Speaking of Oaklawn eats, but not necessarily Oaklawn. What happened to Perkins? Always had a number of people there, have had to wait for a table a number of times but now it's closed???

HawgWild

The Reuben was my usual. I'd go down and get some big a$$ shrimp from the Oyster Bar if I had a big score.

Two Socks

Lanny

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 17, 2015, 07:53:43 am
Speaking of Oaklawn eats, but not necessarily Oaklawn. What happened to Perkins? Always had a number of people there, have had to wait for a table a number of times but now it's closed???
CVS bought the property and are building a new pharmacy
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

holeinthewall

Hawgndaaz

the lady and I split a dozen raw oysters at the Oyster Bar on the first floor Saturday. Those things were huge.. we had to cut them in half they were so big. Highly recommend and will get them again my next trip.

cbhawg03

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 20, 2015, 09:19:52 am
the lady and I split a dozen raw oysters at the Oyster Bar on the first floor Saturday. Those things were huge.. we had to cut them in half they were so big. Highly recommend and will get them again my next trip.

Personally don't like oysters, but the big shrimp can't be beat. Like someone else said, cash a good ticket and buy shrimp.

Horse racer

cbhawg03

Quote from: Lanny on January 19, 2015, 06:36:19 am

Going to rebuild?

holeinthewall

Quote from: Lanny on January 19, 2015, 06:36:19 am

Now that USA Drug was bought out by Walgreens anywhere there is a Walgreens CVS is try to go in right next to them. Same thing happened in Bryant. CVS bought the Shell station on the corner of HWY 5 & Reynolds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 20, 2015, 09:48:03 am
Personally don't like oysters, but the big shrimp can't be beat. Like someone else said, cash a good ticket and buy shrimp.

Agree!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 17, 2015, 07:53:43 am

Perkin's has had financial problems for a while. It was founded in Ohio but after some mergers and acquisitions it was eventually moved to Memphis where it became a part of the Holiday Inns business empire. After being sold again it has gone through some other things and eventually declared bankruptcy. It is barely holding on like a lot of other casual dining restaurant chains.
Here's more:

By 2011 the company, now more than 50 years old, was in financial trouble. In June 2011 many restaurants were closed across the country with no notice given to customers and staff. There were closures in Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, and Minnesota. Later that month, Perkins & Marie Callender's Inc. filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The company closed about 65 restaurants and laid off 2,500 workers. In the bankruptcy proceedings the company listed assets of $290 million and liabilities of $441 million. The company emerged from bankruptcy at the end of November, 2011, but continued to experience difficulties: in May 2012 it was announced that all Western New York area Perkins restaurants would close.   
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

cbhawg03

Never seen the one in Hot Springs short on customers, granted I usually only see it between January and April

cbhawg03

Anyone been to Brick House Grill in Hot Springs? Thoughts?

oldman1015

Quote from: cbhawg03 on February 12, 2015, 12:28:50 pm
Anyone been to Brick House Grill in Hot Springs? Thoughts?
eat there every year in december. good steak. some places in hot springs are better when it's not racing season.
Arkansas, the left lane state.