Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

exchange wagering

Started by songofthesword, November 16, 2012, 03:08:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

it's offically here. approved yesterday by california

Horsesrus

Unfortunately it's going to be awhile before it's implemented and probably even longer before the thoroughbred tracks allow it.  I fear it's going to be a long battle before we're laying horses at Santa Anita on an exchange.

songofthesword

i bet it's there by the end of next year. this is hbeen in the works for quite a while. there is  a reason Betfair bought TVG 2 years ago

HawgFan70

I am very interested in exchange wagering. My strongest point in handicapping is knowing when to avoid a heavy favorite. I dont always hit the winner but I wont be required to in exchange wagering
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Rendezvous Cook

Will twinspires offer this??

Horsesrus

Quote from: Rendezvous Cook on December 20, 2012, 09:31:29 pm
Will twinspires offer this??

Yes, they have applied for a license in California along with Betfair to offer exchange wagering.  The problem is exchange wagering will require liquidity and if there are several providers, there won't be one central exchange for all the liquidity.  Only the strongest will survive unless they work out a deal to have one centralized market with the company that accepts the wager getting the commission while displaying the prices all together in one market like is done in parimutuel wagering.