Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breeders Cup Plays

Started by cbhawg03, October 25, 2012, 02:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

So anybody got anything big they are going to go after?

Turf Mile: I like Wilcox Inn to hit the board.

Juvy: Know More and Capo Bastone

Turf: Trailblazer (This is where I will bet the most I bet on any one single horse); maybe a few bucks on Optimizer to show or hit the bottom of the Tri or Super

Turf Sprint: Starspangledbanne

Juvy Turf: Dry Summer

The Hog

Quote from: cabolbrooks on October 25, 2012, 02:20:53 pm
So anybody got anything big they are going to go after?

Turf Mile: I like Wilcox Inn to hit the board.

Juvy: Know More and Capo Bastone

Turf: Trailblazer (This is where I will bet the most I bet on any one single horse); maybe a few bucks on Optimizer to show or hit the bottom of the Tri or Super

Turf Sprint: Starspangledbanne

Juvy Turf: Dry Summer

To Honor and Serve - always liked the horse and got better once he matured.  Maybe not the best but he was my 3 at one time.  Odds are I will play him somewhere in my bets.  My Mott bet for the day.

Justin Phillip - not sure what odds he will be.

Grace Hall - might get decent odds with Royal Delta, Aweseome Feather, Questing, My Miss Aurelia in the race.

One thing about it there will be a few upsets.  Too much talent and someone gets goods odds and upset the apple cart.
Automatic RUN!

Horsesrus

Starspangledbanner is running today at Dundalk on the polytrack at 5 furlongs.  Some are concerned with Excelebration's two week turnaround, but this guy is only getting 8 days.  I forgive his run on the heavy ground on Arc day in the Foret.  The horse that beat him in his previous run came back to win on British Champions day in their sprint race.  He could be rounding into form and I'll be curious to see what price he goes off at.

I think Moonlight Cloud is very live in the Mile and should get a very quick pace to run at late.  Excelebration (2 week turnaround a concern) and Wise Dan should be laying just off the two speedballs (Obviously and Little Mike) and should both pounce in the last eighth but I look for the filly from France to run them all down late.  No one can say that Head can't get a filly ready to win the BC Mile after four years of Goldikova.  Cloud has kept exceptional company all year and proved her worth on good ground when going down a short head to Black Caviar at the Royal Meeting.

A potential bomber from Europe I'm looking at is Snow King in the Juvy Turf.  Same connections (Gosden and Haya) won at Santa Anita with Donativum in this race and Raven's Pass in the BC Classic.  This colt is a 3/4 brother to Raven's Pass and won his only start beating 16 others in a maiden race.  Three have come back to win their next start and three others won two starts later.  I wouldn't take a small price on a maiden winner but if the bettors ignore the connections and let him go off at a price, I would certainly include this one.  That being said Dundonnell is a very classy horse and his form in Europe is better than previous BC winners Donativum, Wrote and Pounced.  Two of these three winners were trained by Gosden however which leads me back to Snow King.

sooeygaryl

will oaklawn be televised again this year on hrtv or tvg?  would appreciate knowing if one of you fine friends of the sport of kings could advise.
many thanks,
gary morris
springdale

Rendezvous Cook

The Hog

Monday morning and only 4 more days.  Yahoooo!
Automatic RUN!

hog_fan

Having Frank as an announcer is an advantage.

showhimthewhip

Yea the Miroman gives really good back and forth with the network broadcasters.

cbhawg03

The BC Classic is not a must see race IMO.

Seems like a cake walk for Game on Dude.

Looking at the entries, nobody that I want to throw money at.

Biggest BC surprise, that D. Wayne Lukas entered Optimizer in the BC Turn instead of running him in the BC Classic. He should be in the Turf, but just think that the old man would put him in the Classic instead.

jdelo77

October 30, 2012, 05:37:41 pm #9 Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:42:27 pm by jdelow77
Optimizer has a better shot on the turf ... Steve Byk
said this morning that brillant speed has been turning in eye popping workouts ...

Iwastherein1969

not a good year for horse racing .....thought we had a Triple Crown winner, and we definitely would have without the injury....I'll Have Another would have bested Union Rags by at least 15 lengths....the time of 2:30 2/5ths is embarrassingly slow....I'll Have Another likely could have won the race hurt....oh well, c' la vie
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

heavylifting

I can't remember a year where I felt less inspired by the Breeders' Cup. I think the word is "ennui" but I'm too lazy to consult even an online dictionary.

Two things to bear in mind --

1. The Euros for the most part have been carrying more than 130 pounds in their races across the Atlantic. They come over here and shed weight, while most of their rivals are picking up pounds.

2. Dick Mandella is extra-dangerous in Breeders' Cups held in SoCal. I don't think he really fired the last time at Santa Anita, but go back before that and you should find multiple longshots that he triggered. Don't recall what he's entered this time around, but did notice his name popping up in several races.