Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the Modica Haters

Started by carhog, January 25, 2006, 09:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

carhog

Over the past few weeks I have read post after post talking about how Pookie sucks.  Well this is just another game that we would not have won if he didn't play well.

Adam Stokes

January 25, 2006, 09:03:51 pm #3 Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 09:05:27 pm by ajs15razorman
  I agree, Modica is a great sidekick to go with Brewer.  he just doesn't get the respect he deserves because of how he played last season, mostly points soaked up by Olu, he loves to drive it to the hole and proved he's an aggressive player in tonight's win.

runner25

Modica is def MVP or the game I hope he could keep it up and be a 2nd threat behind Brewer

dmhog v2.0

I'm on a love-hate deal with Modica. I swear, sometimes he'll play careless, make stupid, dumbass mistakes, turn the ball over excessively, take bad shots, make poor decisions, etc. Then, on other nights, he'll play flawless. He'll play aggressive, take it to the basket instead of passing, shoot great, take good shots, etc. I would still kill for the freshman Modica to come back, though.

hogfankb

i just got back from the game and modica did score down the stretch. but it seemed to me that any player with halfway decent size could have scored the buckets. most of the points you are thinking of came off the same play. they were pressuring the ball so the lane was open. modica curled around a screen caught the ball 5 feet from the basket and scored. he did make a very nice three pointer basically off a double pump over a guy. it was nice. but then he came down and took a VERY quick three with another guy in his face. not a smart shot. he played well in the second half but i wouldn't say the scoring was all his doing.

South_Ark_Pig

It doesnt matter if they lifted him up and he scored, he still scored so why bash the man, just cause you dont like him?

hogfankb

i am not bashing him. i am glad he scored. but i just think his scoring statistics aren't what they are cracked up to be.

it was GREAT to win.

Ugly Uncle

Not a lot of complaints with Modica tonight...a couple of things...

But for the most part he played well.  That play where he curled around the screen was open all night.  You can down play that if you want...but he still finished on those drives.  I haven't been a big fan of Modica...but you would have to look pretty hard to find fault with his game tonight.  That one three with a guy all over him is about the only thing.
Retired Radio Host

hogfankb

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 25, 2006, 10:07:53 pm

But for the most part he played well. That play where he curled around the screen was open all night. You can down play that if you want...but he still finished on those drives. I haven't been a big fan of Modica...but you would have to look pretty hard to find fault with his game tonight. That one three with a guy all over him is about the only thing.

true. good point. we do unfortunately have some guys that couldn't have finished the way he did. lets just hope the team keeps rolling right through Kentucky.

South_Ark_Pig

Quote from: hogfankb on January 25, 2006, 10:07:33 pm
i am not bashing him. i am glad he scored. but i just think his scoring statistics aren't what they are cracked up to be.

it was GREAT to win.

your right, it was  agreat win, GHG

bigred7987

Only problem I see with Modica is sometimes he doesn't understand how vital he is to this team and he kind of lays back and just lets other people try to make plays.  When he is aggressive and playing strong he is in the top tier of the SEC

hogfan98

he did a good job of exploiting the mismatch.  abernathy couldn't carry pookie's jock tonight.

dmhog v2.0

QuoteI got nothing bad to say about Modica, this team needs scorers. What is Dontells fg% after tonights 1-6 performance?

Apparently his 9 assists aren't good enough for you?

leroyjenkins

I do not mean to bash Modica. Here is a guy who in his freshman year was thrown to the sharks and had to do more than he had to and was never allowed to learn the game at the college level. I believe as a product of that he has become a player that either does nothing because he is hearing do not force stuff let the game come to you. On the other hand he is only known the role of forcing things, he was the stud at a small school and he was forced to try and be the stud his freshman year. The product of this is a guy who forces to much and most of what you see out of him is a classic, jump in the air, dont know what to do, throw a bad pass.................. Go Hogs Hope we Keep Winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golfer

it was GREAT to win.

How would  you like hi s'scoring statistics'  to be????? a score is a score no matter how it happens.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Golfer on January 25, 2006, 10:57:28 pm

it was GREAT to win.

How would you like hi s'scoring statistics' to be????? a score is a score no matter how it happens.
Your posts continue to confuse me more and more
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 25, 2006, 10:07:53 pm

But for the most part he played well. That play where he curled around the screen was open all night. You can down play that if you want...but he still finished on those drives. I haven't been a big fan of Modica...but you would have to look pretty hard to find fault with his game tonight. That one three with a guy all over him is about the only thing.

Good for Modica
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ENHOG

Modica had a night like he should average for the rest of the season.  If he just shows up ready to get after it he can and will.
\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

hogfankb

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 25, 2006, 10:58:56 pm
Quote from: Golfer on January 25, 2006, 10:57:28 pm

it was GREAT to win.

How would you like hi s'scoring statistics' to be????? a score is a score no matter how it happens.
Your posts continue to confuse me more and more

I wish he would score more in times we are having trouble to score. Take the game over. At the begining of the game when it was still close. Where was he? I am very happy he scored, but to me to be a great scorer you have to do it when no one else is beating there man. Not getting trash buckets because the other teams defense is having to play outside of its normal plan.

If we get in a game that is close, and the defense isn't having to risk easy buckets for TO's will he still be able to score?

carhog

He did against Vandy and Auburn didnt play much against bama

PennHOG

Quote from: Tomcat on January 25, 2006, 09:03:37 pm
Modica made some key baskets towards the end to keep the margin.  He should be MVP of this game...

I'm not a hater but I contend that 9 times out of 10 he usually missed those key shots
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

stevo98

I'm a fan of Pookie even though he is a former Buckaroo.  He's a tweener, not tall enough and not enough hops to take it too the big boys and he does not have great handles and explosiveness to blow past the smaller quicker guys.   But, if you give the guy some room, he will make you pay.  He leaves it all on the court, that's good enough for me. 

Athog

If he plays consistent like he did last night then I am becoming a believer.