Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the atmosphere at home games suffer…

Started by houstonoutgusin, August 13, 2023, 04:35:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on August 15, 2023, 06:41:09 amI've not heard 1 player or coach express this. I think you're projecting your beliefs onto them to bolster your argument.

Go to a game and watch as KJ waives his arms to quiet the crowd noise as he stands at the line. You won't see it on TV much since they will have shots of graphics, kid in the stands and a closeup of the coach on the sideline until snap.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hobhog on August 15, 2023, 10:15:11 amGo to a game and watch as KJ waives his arms to quiet the crowd noise as he stands at the line. You won't see it on TV much since they will have shots of graphics, kid in the stands and a closeup of the coach on the sideline until snap.

In my experience, this is not a stadium music issue. Our QBs usually do this because a large chunk of Hog fans believe the very best time to make the most noise possible is when we have the ball and it's either a critical down or critical point in the game. Maybe you haven't noticed it because you're too busy being one of the screamers during these key moments.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on August 15, 2023, 11:07:32 amIn my experience, this is not a stadium music issue. Our QBs usually do this because a large chunk of Hog fans believe the very best time to make the most noise possible is when we have the ball and it's either a critical down or critical point in the game. Maybe you haven't noticed it because you're too busy being one of the screamers during these key moments.

My favorite (okay, not really) are the fans who make totally nonsensical comments. Had a guy behind me a couple of seasons ago who pretty much always wanted to go for it on 4th down. If we didn't, his response was like clockwork: "See, we're not even trying to win!!!"

hobhog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on August 15, 2023, 11:07:32 amIn my experience, this is not a stadium music issue. Our QBs usually do this because a large chunk of Hog fans believe the very best time to make the most noise possible is when we have the ball and it's either a critical down or critical point in the game. Maybe you haven't noticed it because you're too busy being one of the screamers during these key moments.

Need to update your experiences.

HogPharmer

Quote from: NWA Hog on August 15, 2023, 11:21:00 amMy favorite (okay, not really) are the fans who make totally nonsensical comments. Had a guy behind me a couple of seasons ago who pretty much always wanted to go for it on 4th down. If we didn't, his response was like clockwork: "See, we're not even trying to win!!!"

If we only let the experts attend the games, then only HV members would be there (because obviously we're all experts), and I don't think we could fill up DWRRS.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 15, 2023, 12:17:58 pmIf we only let the experts attend the games, then only HV members would be there (because obviously we're all experts), and I don't think we could fill up DWRRS.

If we only let the experts attend, we'd be down to former Razorback players and coaches (and not all of them). Applying a little common sense and logic isn't too much to ask, I don't think.

pigz

I'm a lil torn,I might be with the boomers on this one.
Whoever is in charge of the music and screen tend to play what fires the crowd up most when we are on offense, i have never understood it, how about no music betwixt plays when we're on offense...
You guys have a good time frig dancing

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pigz on August 15, 2023, 12:53:45 pmI'm a lil torn,I might be with the boomers on this one.
Whoever is in charge of the music and screen tend to play what fires the crowd up most when we are on offense, i have never understood it, how about no music betwixt plays when we're on offense...

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, then I believe the root cause of the problem was "Club Dub".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

woodhog14

Quote from: hobhog on August 15, 2023, 10:15:11 amGo to a game and watch as KJ waives his arms to quiet the crowd noise as he stands at the line. You won't see it on TV much since they will have shots of graphics, kid in the stands and a closeup of the coach on the sideline until snap.
Has nothing to do with the music. I'm at every home game and he's quieting the crowd, not music. You even said so yourself in your post. Quiet the crowd noise.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: hobhog on August 15, 2023, 12:16:44 pmNeed to update your experiences.

So, you think KJ is trying to tell them to turn the music down? And not the crowd noise? smh...

LordStanleysHog

I've been to quite a few games. You know, it's ok to admit you're wrong instead of doubling down.

HogPharmer

Quote from: woodhog14 on August 15, 2023, 01:15:09 pmHas nothing to do with the music. I'm at every home game and he's quieting the crowd, not music. You even said so yourself in your post. Quiet the crowd noise.

Maybe he just thinks it looks cool to flap his arms.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

1highhog

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on August 15, 2023, 01:11:48 pmIf I'm reading between the lines correctly, then I believe the root cause of the problem was "Club Dub".

I thought that term was supposed to be bant on Hogville, if it's not, it should be with an automatic revoking of membership dues.

PonderinHog

If y'all would just go easy on the beans at the tailgates, the atmosphere would be just fine.

Cruising Hogfan

Things will also change when they do the planned "repark" next year

A lot of people are going to lose a parking spot and lot here will be moved around

The Kig

Quote from: NWA Hog on August 14, 2023, 02:32:33 pmApplying logic to the situation
Why on earth would you attempt to do that?  Gonna pull something and just lead to confusion. 
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 15, 2023, 07:45:49 pmIf y'all would just go easy on the beans at the tailgates, the atmosphere would be just fine.
Seems to me that a tail-gate is the only appropriate atmosphere. 
Poker Porker

hobhog

Quote from: Cruising Hogfan on August 16, 2023, 12:49:07 pmThings will also change when they do the planned "repark" next year

A lot of people are going to lose a parking spot and lot here will be moved around

I don't know how they could move me further away. Already been moved from from south of stadium, to Garland parking deck, to lot off Leverett!

OkieBack

With the new in-stadium sports bar...my atmosphere will be fine.

"I don't get drunk...I get awesome..."

31to6

Quote from: NWA Hog on August 15, 2023, 11:21:00 amMy favorite (okay, not really) are the fans who make totally nonsensical comments. Had a guy behind me a couple of seasons ago who pretty much always wanted to go for it on 4th down. If we didn't, his response was like clockwork: "See, we're not even trying to win!!!"

snoblind

Quote from: hobhog on August 16, 2023, 02:04:57 pmI don't know how they could move me further away. Already been moved from from south of stadium, to Garland parking deck, to lot off Leverett!

Word on the street is they have a nice spot picked out for you at the NWA mall.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: snoblind on August 16, 2023, 02:30:03 pmWord on the street is they have a nice spot picked out for you at the NWA mall.

NWA Mall parking was moved to Alma for this season to help alleviate traffic. I hear there's one shuttle making trips every couple hours.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

If the team wins a bunch of games the atmosphere will be great no matter what. Ugly losses or losses to what should be sure wins will negatively impact the pregame atmosphere.

To me tailgating was never about location, but about the people you were hanging with.
Let's make some waves.

TennesseeRaz

Much cheaper way to do it, on a much larger TV.  Join me with "my" 12.5' x 19' LED screen at the intersection of W. Maple and Stadium Dr.  Will be cranked up 4 hours before game time.  Bring yourself a sandwich or patronize the numerous food trucks that will be right behind you.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

ricepig

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on August 17, 2023, 08:56:02 amNWA Mall parking was moved to Alma for this season to help alleviate traffic. I hear there's one shuttle making trips every couple hours.

Pretty sure it's the MO-ARK train running every 3 days now, but it's pretty through the mountains.

hobhog

Quote from: snoblind on August 16, 2023, 02:30:03 pmWord on the street is they have a nice spot picked out for you at the NWA mall.

Starting to feel like the character Milton in Office Space. Me and my stapler will end up in the basement of the NWA Mall....

FATHAWG08

It could be worst. Going to six home games at Mstate.
I love off season Football!!

orvillesghost

I cannot stand the Jumbotron and the endless commercials and I would prefer just having the band for music

But I go to one or two every year because I enjoy football and i grew up doing it.

My family never tailgated, we ate at restaurants before or after so that never was part of my own experience

DaRockHog

I suspect that there are those like me who've just got more important things to spend money on these days.
Hogs never lose, they're just victims of constant voter fraud.

ricepig

Quote from: DaRockHog on August 18, 2023, 10:07:17 pmI suspect that there are those like me who've just got more important things to spend money on these days.

Everybody sets their own priorities.

hobhog

Quote from: orvillesghost on August 18, 2023, 09:14:26 pmI cannot stand the Jumbotron and the endless commercials and I would prefer just having the band for music

But I go to one or two every year because I enjoy football and i grew up doing it.

My family never tailgated, we ate at restaurants before or after so that never was part of my own experience

Attending gives you a 100% better feel for the game too. Seeing coaches, players, full field and alignments is something that you can't see on TV. And yes, the Jumbotron can be over the top for sure when all I want to see is replays, stats, and other scores.

WilsonHog

August 19, 2023, 09:47:08 am #82 Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 10:39:20 am by NWA Hog
Quote from: ricepig on August 19, 2023, 08:43:00 amEverybody sets their own priorities.

Agreed.

My son-in-law loves playing golf, and probably spends on his passion what I spend on football tickets each year; I'll go to the range three or four times a year for exercise, but no more. My brother-in-law loves to hunt and has traveled all over the continent to do it; I wouldn't go if it was all-expense paid with a guaranteed kill. A friend of mine loves plays, and spends a goodly amount of money on donations and going to the theater; we'll go occasionally.

I don't hunt, golf, fish, go to Oaklawn, spend weekends at the lake, or vacation. When we kick off two weeks from today, it'll start a 10-month run of attending Razorback stuff: eight football games, 18 basketball games, and 30+ baseball games, plus the Catfish Hole every Wednesday night this fall for Sam's radio show. Pretty much everything else we do will be planned around those.