Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This weeks games, mean alot.

Started by jbigs77, January 01, 2018, 10:23:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbigs77

Kind'a still buzzed from the Tenn win. Decided to see what's next. Miss St, them AUB. They are both 12-1 and we are at their house. These are big games for the Hogs. Hope we can rise to the task.

SPAL

Neither are half as good as Tennessee but it's a road game so you never know. Especially coming off the emotional come back.. we should win both but I'll be happy to split.

runich

Miss st had a cupcake schedule.  Auburn can be tough...not as good as Tenn, but they're good.  We could win both or lose both really...  These Hogs are tough ...hopefully they are looking for redemption from that Houston road loss

Arazorbackguy1

I figure there will be a stretch where we give a few in a row away.  I hope it's not to these two though.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I don't care if the game is in Tokyo, Japan. We should whip Miss State.  If we want to be taken seriously as a top 4 NCAA seed, that better be a W. 

Auburn on the other hand will be a real battle down there in Auburn.  I'll be happy with 1-1 as well.

HawgnCorona

We will beat the crap out of Miss Stank...Defense wins road games CMA knows this and so does our Sr leadership.

80-70 Hogs!!

No disclaimers here.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

King Kong

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: runich on January 01, 2018, 11:10:14 am
Miss st had a cupcake schedule.  Auburn can be tough...not as good as Tenn, but they're good.  We could win both or lose both really...  These Hogs are tough ...hopefully they are looking for redemption from that Houston road loss

This is a great point. Mississippi St. has played nearly nobody. Dayton and Cincinnati are their signature games. They've seen nothing like what we're bringing to Starkville.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

jmark

teams know they have to win at home for postseason.  puts them under a lot of pressure.  i hope we can sneak 2 wins out.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Lanny

Won't be surprised to see 0-2, remember Houston
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ShadowHawg

Vandy and SC are the only two teams in the SEC that are take care of business type games.

Everyone else should be favored in their own arenas.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Lanny on January 01, 2018, 01:13:41 pm
remember Vandy, Auburn, South Car, Tennessee, A&M last year?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

thebignasty

I don't think Misstake is as bad as you all do.  That's a winnable road game, but pretty much every conference road game is going to be a battle this year.  Misstake has young talent.  The SEC is legit in hoops this year.  Aubbie should be favored.  I think we have a decent shot of beating them, too.

Would be thrilled with 2-0, happy with a split, and unsurprised if we go 0-2.

Lanny

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 01, 2018, 01:23:57 pm
remember Vandy, Auburn, South Car, Tennessee, A&M last year?
remember Houston this season
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Lanny on January 01, 2018, 01:35:29 pm
remember Houston this season

Remember OU and UConn?

This team can play well away from the Bud. The Houston game is an outlier not the norm just like poor 3 games we had last season before we went on our run to finish the season.

Reason for concer no doubt, but not the end of the world either.

thebignasty

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 01, 2018, 01:40:41 pm
Remember OU and UConn?

This team can play well away from the Bud. The Houston game is an outlier not the norm just like poor 3 games we had last season before we went on our run to finish the season.

Reason for concer no doubt, but not the end of the world either.

Every team in basketball is capable of going out and laying an egg.  Using the one egg so far on the season as a predictor of future performance isn't particularly fair.

I think people are underestimating Misstake but I don't think if we lose its because we are terrible away from BWA as evidenced by the Houston game.

Course, they could go out and prove me wrong. 

razorback1829

You bet the players do too. And they remember getting beat by them last year. They'll be ready

FineAsSwine

You know RP gonna be front and center cheering Misstake on. Hope our guys wipe that smile off of his face and he sees a taste of what he is going to get from Gafford when he comes to the Bud next year!

HawgnCorona

Forget Houston. We wont go 0 for 2...Be optimistic Lanny. :)
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

popcornhog

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 01, 2018, 10:23:36 am
Kind'a still buzzed from the Tenn win. Decided to see what's next. Miss St, them AUB. They are both 12-1 and we are at their house. These are big games for the Hogs. Hope we can rise to the task.

I'd be happy if we split this week and disappointed if we went 0-2.

Going 2-0 this week would be HUGE.
WPS

HawgnCorona

Quote from: popcornhog on January 01, 2018, 04:26:46 pm
I'd be happy if we split this week and disappointed if we went 0-2.

Going 2-0 this week would be HUGE.

It's just as realistic 2-0 as oppose to 0-2...I believe it will be good week.

popcornhog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 01, 2018, 05:19:57 pm
It's just as realistic 2-0 as oppose to 0-2...I believe it will be good week.

I'd set our over/under for wins this week at 1.5.
WPS

FineAsSwine

Our next two opponents are currently tied for best overall record in the SEC at 12-1 each.

Willyboy

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 01, 2018, 05:44:22 pm
Our next two opponents are currently tied for best overall record in the SEC at 12-1 each.

That's mostly a product of their schedules.  They are losable games however.

Dwight_K_Shrute

We had Sweet 16, National Championship and runner up team all lose to MSU at Starkville.  One year we lost there in OT and then beat them by almost 60 in Fayetteville.  It is a very tough place to play regardless of record.  Their fans care a lot more about basketball than several other SEC programs.  Hopefully we come away with a W, but either way a great place to get these guys ready for life on the road in the SEC.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgnCorona

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Willyboy on January 01, 2018, 05:52:05 pm
That's mostly a product of their schedules.  They are losable games however.

It is but Im hoping we come to play with a defensive mind set...Same as last year. Tenner played with that mindset too.

checkraiser88

Espn BPI has us beating Miss State but losing to Auburn

AugustaHog

The UT game was looking a lot like Houston in that first half.  Thankfully, they woke up and played to their ability.  If we play our game we win by 10-15 pats.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRHawg

Quote from: King Kong on January 01, 2018, 01:00:57 pm
I'll take a split

Me too, would really like to whip Adidas U for Perry, though.