Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is football at UALR inevitable in the future?

Started by Ben, September 21, 2015, 01:46:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

With the hogs abandoning LR and WMS needing help staying active on saturdays, UALR would be the absolute best candidate considering they are down the street. They are also building more dorms. They have talked about it in february and the mayor is strongly looking in it. Even tho it will be expensive, do you see ualr getting a football team in the next 10-20years?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Inhogswetrust

I didn't know the mayor was in charge of UALR athletics........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ben

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 21, 2015, 06:40:10 am
I didn't know the mayor was in charge of UALR athletics........................

Hes not. He was just considering the possibility of it so war memorial can still be used. Him and the UALR AD have talked about it
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Kicking Wing

They can talk but it isn't going to happen.  UALR has been cutting sports and they would have to pay what UA and ASU are paying in cost of attendance to compete.  They don't have that kind of cash and at the present there is no potential source of that kind of funding on the horizon.

WMS is going to sit idle very soon unless they start using it for concerts or SWAC games.

DeltaBoy

This cycles around ever 10 years or so, back in the 1980's the Frats and the Student Government Association asked the Chancellor Young about it and we were told the State Legislature would have to amend the agreement between UA and UALR to do it. 
When LRU wanted to come into the UA system Frank Broyles forced LRU to say they would never have a football team again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ben on September 21, 2015, 11:00:37 am
Hes not. He was just considering the possibility of it so war memorial can still be used. Him and the UALR AD have talked about it

WMS is not owned by the city of LR. IF UALR wants to start a team and use it they need to talk to the stadium commission. Or should I say the stadium folks need to talk to UALR.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

I' m not holding my breath.  Maybe UCA would play there.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 30, 2015, 08:29:11 am
I' m not holding my breath.  Maybe UCA would play there.

UCA, and UAPB for that matter, would love to play in WMS.......against ASU. Unfortunately for them the Red Wolves do not go on the road to play FCS teams.

Maybe one day we will see UAPB and UCA play each other in a game at WMS. They are both FCS teams and being as both are from this state there is no reason for it not to happen.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

I would hate to see the Gray Lady set empty except for a few HS games and the state Championships.

Inhogswetrust

It is sad that they will probably not play there much longer BUT it is best for the program.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 03, 2015, 09:12:36 am
I would hate to see the Gray Lady set empty except for a few HS games and the state Championships.

DeltaBoy

Over at FF they say that the  AAA is pretty set on keeping the State HS Football Championships in WMS.

HogBreath

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2015, 01:54:54 pm
Over at FF they say that the  AAA is pretty set on keeping the State HS Football Championships in WMS.
Soemetimes that's a good thing, sometimes not..games like Fayetteville vs. Bentonville should not be played in central Arkansas.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

DeltaBoy

AAA needs to to give some flexibly in such situations.

Quote from: HogBreath on November 17, 2015, 09:28:21 pm
Soemetimes that's a good thing, sometimes not..games like Fayetteville vs. Bentonville should not be played in central Arkansas.