Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

nate Allen whining about lack of access, pimps ASU

Started by Chief Mac, March 17, 2012, 09:06:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

Quite your whining Nate.  All major programs allow similar access.  You were spoiled when Broyles was there and there were leaks of info everywhere.  Now the program is more business like and better....get over it.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2012/mar/17/programs-ask-more-offer-less-20120317/?razorbacks

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

RedyorNot

Posting the article instead of the paysite link would be a nice touch....

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: RedyorNot on March 17, 2012, 09:23:17 am
He could paraphrase, but you cannot post the full article on here as that is a copyright violation. It will be quickly deleted.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Chief Mac

Quote from: PorcineSublime on March 17, 2012, 09:31:04 am
He could paraphrase, but you cannot post the full article on here as that is a copyright violation. It will be quickly deleted.

Very true...I shall paraphrase the article shortly when I get back to my laptop....my bad boys and girls.  Sorry

DukeOfPork

Nate was completely worthless when he had access.  He was a Nutt publicist.  I have no use for his "reporting".

grayhawg

Hey Nate, move to Jonesboro, UofA Athletics will do fine without you.

idochog

Look at most of the dufus media types in this state

A jr high education is all that is needed in this state to get a ink pen or a mic
I love Jesus!

Tortfeasor

He doesn't pimp ASU.  He says the same things about their closed practices.  He bashed them just like he did the U of A.

Wildhog

March 17, 2012, 10:01:48 am #9 Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:08:38 am by Wildhog
Want to see a summary of the "article" before I bash that fool*.

*for this instance.  He's a total goob.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OTTER

Closed practices are the norm these days instead of the exception and for good reason.  Ole Nate just needs to accept it and move on.  The "good ole days" are long gone---thank goodness!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Chief Mac

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 17, 2012, 09:46:57 am
If he writes an article like that he probably deserves a 13 page bashing thread.

Definitely....it had a very "robert shields" feel to it. 

Chief Mac

Quote from: Tortfeasor on March 17, 2012, 09:59:15 am
He doesn't pimp ASU.  He says the same things about their closed practices.  He bashed them just like he did the U of A.

I see it as him using the Perkins failure as both an attempt to compare what he sees as similar moves to close unlimited access while at the same time getting to mention ASU's recent success and hiring of Malzahn....he gets to kill two birds with one stone.  Bash UA for making him have to actually work instead of being spoonfed info and push ASU a bit as a subtle jab towards the UA.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 17, 2012, 10:08:54 am

Did he talk about the warm spring breeze as it rustled the papers on a young Frank Broyles clip board in 1964, and how the same warm breeze still flows in and out of the Boston Mountains, albeit with a little added pollution from the urban element that has invaded the virgin hills?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

idochog

In the words of kristi mahlzan

"Just shut up Nate!"
I love Jesus!

Sivad

I would much rather see a Win than one of Nate's columns.

Smithian

Is Nate Allen the idiot who wears Laker jerseys on press row many of the home games?

Chief Mac

Quote from: Smithian on March 17, 2012, 11:59:27 am
Is Nate Allen the idiot who wears Laker jerseys on press row many of the home games?

I think that is Otis

LGHOG

It's not Otis. It's Nate Allen. Years ago I gave him the nickname "The Riddler". This moron can't write nor can he put a complete sentence together. For him to still be employed he must know or be employed by some serious friends or family. But, his one redeeming quality, is that he can get great laughs out of us who actually read the first few sentences of his columns.

SDZ_Hog

Whining about it publically isn't going to help. 

Whatever helps us win.  I admit I am a junky for football news but I'd go without tidbits that could play a role in deciding a W or L. 

tweet pilot

I'm surprised anyone noticed the article.  Didn't think anyone except Nate read his "work".  If you have ever seen this dude, you would know why he has limited access to the program.  Wouldn't want him around impressionable young people either.  He always looks like his welfare check bounced. 

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: grayhawg on March 17, 2012, 09:46:26 am
Hey Nate, move to Jonesboro, UofA Athletics will do fine without you.
Plenty of seats available.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

DoggtownHog

I read the article. He sounded bitter and is pouting in the paper.
In response to his article; the big money boosters want wins/championships. Not access to practice. that's a media gripe.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Danny J

Quote from: PorkPariah on March 17, 2012, 09:35:51 am
Nate was completely worthless when he had access.  He was a Nutt publicist.  I have no use for his "reporting".
correct....many boosters were also mad for the same reasons and took their money and left. I say screw em....

I don't want all our business(on and off the field) being aired all over the net and other outlets. I don't want boosters constantly hanging around either. We will end up having tOSU type problems. We have worked too hard to get to where we are.

El Puerco

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: El Puerco on March 17, 2012, 09:00:34 pm
Petrino should flat out bounce that guy.

"And that's the last question I'll answer without you combing your hair first..."

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RedyorNot on March 17, 2012, 09:23:17 am

I don't think the Mods want Hogville to have a reputation of ripping off pay sites. If you really want to know what Nate said then pay for the site. For me Nate is not worth paying for. I suspect you feel the same.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 17, 2012, 10:08:54 am

Who is..................?

Oh nevermind.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razorbackcpa

Having met this dufus a few times in my years, I can say that yes, he actually is as stupid as his writing suggests. He is to reporting as Houston Nutt was to college football.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razorbackcpa on March 18, 2012, 09:30:34 am
Having met this dufus a few times in my years, I can say that yes, he actually is as stupid as his writing suggests. He is to reporting as Houston Nutt was to college football.

So how does he type without fingernails?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

razorbackcpa

soowage

These so called journalists have had it easy.  It is time to put some hard work and many hours into your work!  Do your homework vs having it laid out for you.  Allowing the media access to everything creates vulnerability and weakness.  Look what it has done to our armed forces trying to fight a war.  I am for no media access!

PonderinHog

Quote from: soowage on March 18, 2012, 12:55:17 pm
These so called journalists have had it easy.  It is time to put some hard work and many hours into your work!  Do your homework vs having it laid out for you.  Allowing the media access to everything creates vulnerability and weakness.  Look what it has done to our armed forces trying to fight a war.  I am for no media access!
I kinda like gameday media access.

El Puerco

Reminds me of this incident:

"The last thing was pretty odd.  An unnamed reporter came blustering into the stands in front of us yammering "Nazi" this and "Nazis" that. He was very upset that (as is probably the case on a daily basis) some poor team manager doing his job had dared to ask him for his press credentials:  "This whole thing is run like a corporation now....I was here before that kid was born!" and, menacingly "We'll see how this works if they start losing!"....along with another 7 or 8 "Nazi" comments to any other reporters that came within his radius."

Pure Class

Jack The BN

Quote from: El Puerco on March 18, 2012, 04:00:25 pm
Reminds me of this incident:

"The last thing was pretty odd.  An unnamed reporter came blustering into the stands in front of us yammering "Nazi" this and "Nazis" that. He was very upset that (as is probably the case on a daily basis) some poor team manager doing his job had dared to ask him for his press credentials:  "This whole thing is run like a corporation now....I was here before that kid was born!" and, menacingly "We'll see how this works if they start losing!"....along with another 7 or 8 "Nazi" comments to any other reporters that came within his radius."

Pure Class

Sorry dude, in this case you just don't have all the information. There was no "Poor team manager just doing his job" the person was a member of the Media Relations Department. And those people are beyond unprofessional and rude, especially at football. They have 19 year old interns who are very rude to not just Nate, but all members of the media. Guys like Bob Holt, Clay Henry, and Mike Irwin, who have covered the razorbacks for almost 40 years.

Often times these people speak to 65 year old men who are in their own right just doing their jobs, as if they are Children.

It has at times been very much been beyond unprofessional, condescending and downright rude. If you had to deal with people like that every day, you would be upset to. It's judgmental people like you that have "Pure Class".
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

jkstock04

Majority of our veteran media are a disappointment to say the least.   
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jack The BN

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 19, 2012, 12:21:26 am
Then the media members need to take their issue to the AD on how these 19 yr olds talk to them instead of writing garbage like Nate did in the paper
Trust me when I say, he knows.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Jack The BN

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 19, 2012, 12:29:12 am
Majority of our veteran media are a disappointment to say the least.   

So are armchair quarterbacks.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Jack The BN on March 18, 2012, 10:59:04 pm
Sorry dude, in this case you just don't have all the information. There was no "Poor team manager just doing his job" the person was a member of the Media Relations Department. And those people are beyond unprofessional and rude, especially at football. They have 19 year old interns who are very rude to not just Nate, but all members of the media. Guys like Bob Holt, Clay Henry, and Mike Irwin, who have covered the razorbacks for almost 40 years.

Often times these people speak to 65 year old men who are in their own right just doing their jobs, as if they are Children.

It has at times been very much been beyond unprofessional, condescending and downright rude. If you had to deal with people like that every day, you would be upset to. It's judgmental people like you that have "Pure Class".

excuse me if I don't feel sympathetic towards a group that did not want to do their job (research, investigative reporting) during the last few years MOTHO was here.  Now they are whining because info isn't spoonfed to them. 

Welcome to the world where you actually have to do your job right in order to glean results.

Teebow62

Our team has made it to the 21st Century. Unfortunately, our state media has not.

(notOM)Rebel123

I didn't think he was "pimping' ASU at all. Sounded like he was criticizing both coaches for closed practices.
Think someone could trick ol' Nate into wearing a Florida Gators cap to the next presser?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

So, we should go back to bad old days?  I don't think so...

chiefsfan

Quote from: Tortfeasor on March 17, 2012, 09:59:15 am

Thats what I was thinking.  The author said they were pimping ASU, and I was sitting there going "Our parctices are closed too."

I'll tell him the same thing that you guys should.   Other schools close their practices.  While fan support is great, and its fun to have fans out at practices, there are certain things that fans dont need to see, because those fans usually have access to an internet source via cell phone.

ASU has gone to the extreme this year, closed to fans, and the media is not allowed to use a cell phone in their 20 minute bit.  I'm not sure Nate would like that.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Rebel123 on March 19, 2012, 08:48:07 am
I didn't think he was "pimping' ASU at all. Sounded like he was criticizing both coaches for closed practices.
Think someone could trick ol' Nate into wearing a Florida Gators cap to the next presser?

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 17, 2012, 10:17:27 am
I see it as him using the Perkins failure as both an attempt to compare what he sees as similar moves to close unlimited access while at the same time getting to mention ASU's recent success and hiring of Malzahn....he gets to kill two birds with one stone.  Bash UA for making him have to actually work instead of being spoonfed info and push ASU a bit as a subtle jab towards the UA.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 19, 2012, 10:09:11 am

The Op is just trying to gain some Hogville brownie points with the ASU shot.

I've written for years and I read the article in the paper.

Nate isn't very good, honestly, but he was bashing ASU also. 

Programs are being run like they are now, because of the circus that it once was.

If we pay for tickets we get access to a game. If we pay for apparel we get shirts and shorts and such...

Fans don't need to know everything happening inside a program no matter how much they'd like to.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Chief Mac

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on March 19, 2012, 10:47:51 am
The Op is just trying to gain some Hogville brownie points with the ASU shot.

Programs are being run like they are now, because of the circus that it once was.

If we pay for tickets we get access to a game. If we pay for apparel we get shirts and shorts and such...

Fans don't need to know everything happening inside a program no matter how much they'd like to.

exactly....coaches are hired and paid alot of money to run their programs.  If the coach is doing everything legally/ethically and winning, I don't see where ANYONE has the right to question the amount of access to the team

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!