Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate The University of Arkansas

Started by corndo, November 15, 2005, 03:11:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

corndo

I think it is important to also remember that playing Arkansas would be like the NC game for ASU. They would so pumped up just thinking about the opportunity

of beating the Hogs. For us, it would just be another cupcake game on the schedule. That would be a set up for disaster. If ASU ever did beat the Hogs (and I

don't think it would happen but 1 out of 100 times) it would set our program back in the state for a couple of years and it would be a game that they would

sing songs about at ASU for generations to come.

Bomis Hawg

Even if Arkansas State were to win, what would it do for them?  Not much.  You might sway a recruit or two.  You won't get invited to another conference.  It won't even help you get to a bowl game.

Likewise, it would drop Arkansas beyond low.

ULM, Arkansas State, Utah State.  It's all the same.  Who cares if they play ULM instead of A-State.

hogsrule44

asu doesn't have any business playing d1 ball period

corndo

Just for curiosity sake, does anybody know if ASU has a message board?

clemensrules01

Quote from: corndo on November 16, 2005, 05:22:25 pm
i seriously doubt it. they'd only have like 4 members anyway.

Ugly Uncle

What it boils down to is that Arkansas schedules schools in other states for recruiting purposes.  We have gotten several recruits out of North Texas, North Louisianna, Southern Mo.  It is important to keep those games to get us exposure to the guys  we are recruiting. 

WE ALREADY OWN THE STATE OF ARKANSAS IN RECRUITING.  The game would be pointless in every way.

Grow up ASU.  Besides...in a few years U of A will have to worry about UCA and ASU will be a blip of a school somewhere to the east.
Retired Radio Host

ledhead830

tribalgrounds.com,  it actually has quite a few members.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

clemensrules01

Quote from: ledhead830 on November 16, 2005, 07:19:10 pm
tribalgrounds.com, it actually has quite a few members.
i am going there to talk shiite.

corndo

Wow, I just found out that a "large" crowd at Indian Stadium is about half the crowd that shows up for a Hog basketball game in Bud Walton. That is unreal! You

get a larger crowd for a Springdale game than for ASU. No wonder they want to play us in Little Rock annually and share the revenue.

Theolesnort

Dr Sigmund Freud would call it a form of [CENSORED] envy. That explains it all.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

clemensrules01

i just started some bogus topic that mustain switched to texas. i told them i had a brother on the springdale team. i hope they go crazy.

corndo

Quote from: clemensrules01 on November 16, 2005, 08:22:52 pm
i just started some bogus topic that mustain switched to texas. i told them i had a brother on the springdale team. i hope they go crazy.

You should have said ASU!   :D

clemensrules01

Quote from: corndo on November 16, 2005, 08:25:17 pm
Quote from: clemensrules01 on November 16, 2005, 08:22:52 pm

You should have said ASU! :D
i figured they'd never buy it. later, im gonna say cleveland and norman are switching to asu because of mitch's decision.

clemensrules01

corndo

corndo

Quote from: CabotHog on November 16, 2005, 08:31:40 pm
Quote from: corndo on November 15, 2005, 03:11:39 pm
This was the title of an article in The Herald of Arkansas State University by Sam Pierce. Apparently he, along with other ASU faithful, are very upset that

the University of Arkansas will not play them in any sporting event (thanks to Frank). He is basiclly calling all ASU students to in a sense, boycott the

University of Arkansas, and stated that it should be an "unspoken" law that no ASU students should be fan of the Hogs, wear their apparel, or have any

Razorback symbol on their car. There is more in the article, so I'll let you guys read it yourselves. Man, I knew there was hurt feeling and bad blood in

Jonesboro, but I honestly had no idea. I personally think the ban is stupid and it would be a game that would generate a lot of interest in the state. As far

as Sam's notion at the end of the article about "that one time" when ASU would rise up and beat the Hogs... Well, I don't know about that one!

Here's the article: http://www.asuherald.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/11/14/437932663378a

On a side note, I have that poster that is in your avatar. I need to frame it. Circa 1972'.

Yeah, it's on my wall and I live in Texas! My friends give me hell about it!

corndo

They removed your thread Clemsenrules01.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogsrule44 on November 16, 2005, 04:25:01 pm
yea i can see where anyone would be scared of a power like U of A junior. boy that nit game where we about had our worst team playing their best team. and they still couldn't beat us. quick name a top 25 club that asu has beeten in fb or bb. quick now!!!!!!!! now thats a program rich in history

TCU last year

It was womens bball.   

Last year ASU went a combined 3-0 against the SEC in womens and mens bball.   The men have defeated Ole Miss the last 4 times they have played...how often has Arkansas been able to say that

ASU will most likely play UCA within the coming years, once UCA gets rid of all their schollys (That is when they count as a win in the bowl scenario for a 1A school...)  We routinely play instate schools in basketball every year...

Our baseball team has a couple wins over a top 10 Ole Miss team within the last 3 years, and will play 7 games against SEC schools this year...and not a one of them is named Arkansas.

We aint lookin for money, just for a game.  No recruit is gonna value a win over ULM over a win over ASU if they are from Arkansas.   Yes you lost Adams to us a few years back...but he was hurt a lot of the time he was up here, and really wouldve killed the hogs had he signed with them.    We are not looking to compete with UA on that National Level, we are nowhere close.  This schools is trying to build a nationally recognized program, just like the rest of the sun belt.   But out of fear and Cowardice, Frank is helping ULM grow into a nationally recognized program, instead of helping a team from his home state.   

There is one good reason why Arkansas wont play ASU, and it dates back to recent UA results against instate teams.  It is out of fear...and nothing else...

Lastly, ASU is a possible bowl team this year...Arkansas is gonna be home for christmas.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Bomis, if ULM loses to either NT or ULL they will not be bowl eligible and not go to the NO bowl.   If that happens, and ASU beats North Texas, ASU will go.   Lafyette can only go with a win over ULM and a ASU loss to North Texas

ASU owns any tiebreak with the 2 other  schools by virtue of a combination of head to head results and overall record...This tie can be with any one of them on their own, or the 2 of them together...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Ugly Uncle

Enjoy your last few years as Arkansas' number 2 school.  UCA will soon be that.  They already are in enrollment.

There is no reason to play Arkansas State.  You are trying to point out reason why Arkansas isn't.  Give me one reason why Arkansas should.  Arknasas doesn't need ASU.  It is nothing but a hand out to the step brother.  Beggar.  whinner...cry baby...

You will get more attention if you actually beat an OSU or Mizzou (although they both suck this year) than convincing Frank to play you.  You accuse Frank of being scared. hahahahahahalolhahahahlolol lol lol.  There is no need for us to play you or prove anything.  Move on to the next subject.  You will be begging UCA for a game in 10 years.
Retired Radio Host

whatsshakinbacon

Hey ASU - if you want to play Arkansas every year why not win enough games to join the SEC....

It's simple really - you hold the cards, you are the masters of your own destiny.  Get good enough to join the SEC and the point will be moot.

Bacon out...

chiefsfan

Quote from: uglyuncle on November 16, 2005, 11:40:23 pm
Enjoy your last few years as Arkansas' number 2 school. UCA will soon be that. They already are in enrollment.

There is no reason to play Arkansas State. You are trying to point out reason why Arkansas isn't. Give me one reason why Arkansas should. Arknasas doesn't need ASU. It is nothing but a hand out to the step brother. Beggar. whinner...cry baby...

You will get more attention if you actually beat an OSU or Mizzou (although they both suck this year) than convincing Frank to play you. You accuse Frank of being scared. hahahahahahalolhahahahlolol lol lol. There is no need for us to play you or prove anything. Move on to the next subject. You will be begging UCA for a game in 10 years.

First of all UCA is a good 20 years away from even having a chance at passing ASU.  Ask any Board member at UCA that and Im sure they would agree with me...  They wont even be a full D1AA team untill like 2009.   and they would need to become 1A in order to pass ASU.   And that would take several more years.   By then, ASU could be a real strong program, who knows

Secondly, if ASU beat OSU or Mizzou, wouldnt that give the hogs more reason not to play them...

I understand why Broyles wont play ASU...and Im not looking towards a football game necessarily...How Bout Baseball or something.   Something the hogs are pretty darn good at.   If they lost 1 out of a 3 game set to ASU, it would not kill the recruiting at all...because losing 1 game out of 3 in baseball happens alot.   

Im sure this debate will come up all over again when Broyles is out as AD and we have a new one...

BTW the guy who wrote the article for the Herald is an idiot...I have met him, and Im surprised he cared that much to write a story.   Because he seems to not care when he writes other stories on ASU sports...

chiefsfan

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 16, 2005, 11:42:14 pm
Hey ASU - if you want to play Arkansas every year why not win enough games to join the SEC....

It's simple really - you hold the cards, you are the masters of your own destiny. Get good enough to join the SEC and the point will be moot.

Bacon out...

Eventually we will be that good...itll take time however.   

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 16, 2005, 11:47:41 pm
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on November 16, 2005, 11:42:14 pm

It's simple really - you hold the cards, you are the masters of your own destiny. Get good enough to join the SEC and the point will be moot.

Bacon out...

Eventually we will be that good...itll take time however.

Yeah...we'll be here waiting.

Bacon out...

mikeirwin

Quote from: gmb_79 on November 16, 2005, 04:08:48 pm
From what I've read in this thread so far, it seems like the biggest reason for us not to play ASU is that we're scared to.  That's kinda sad.
Not scared to. The odds suck. Beat them 20 times and you gain nothing. Lose to them once and you'd never hear the end of it.
Let me be Arkansas AD for one day. I'd play 'em. I'd sign a contract to play 'em 5 times in 5 years. The best 3 of 5 gets to keep playing football. The loser disbands it's athletic program.
Think they'd like those odds ?

corndo

Quote from: mikeirwin on November 17, 2005, 12:08:31 am
Quote from: gmb_79 on November 16, 2005, 04:08:48 pm
From what I've read in this thread so far, it seems like the biggest reason for us not to play ASU is that we're scared to. That's kinda sad.
Not scared to. The odds suck. Beat them 20 times and you gain nothing. Lose to them once and you'd never hear the end of it.
Let me be Arkansas AD for one day. I'd play 'em. I'd sign a contract to play 'em 5 times in 5 years. The best 3 of 5 gets to keep playing football. The loser disbands it's athletic program.
Think they'd like those odds ?

You drive a hard bargin. :D

Ugly Uncle

November 17, 2005, 12:18:33 am #76 Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 02:26:43 pm by uglyuncle
If you think it will take UCA 20 years to compete with you in sports...just remember that they almost beat you atleast once..maybe twice in your football match up a few years ago. 

I know Chief that we have had this arguement on another thread...and personally I like you.  But when those bumper stickers in the 80's that showed an indian running after a hog saying "How long will the hogs run" is what turned me against the step brother school.

Now, I don't like UCA either...personally, I like ATU better...but the fact remains that UCA is centrally located in the state.  It's enrollment just shot above ASU's.  They will soon, if not already be taking the second teer athletes that ASU used to get.  While ASU gets lots of money from the NE part of the state...it doesn't compare to the population and the money of central Arkansas.  UCA will in 10 years be well above ASU and within 20 years be gripping about Arkansas not playing them...if not sooner.  The only thing is UCA needs to lose that whole purple bear thing.  It makes them look like a sissy.
Retired Radio Host

hogsrule44

what do ya'll mean asu will be the third best program in the state after uoa and uca.  i  say their now fifth after uoa uca springdale and w. mphs.  Crap sprincdale already outdraws them even when asu uses those fuzzy numbers!!        one other question why do we go for it on 4th and one from our 29 in the first qtr. against sc  and when we have the same situation against omo {ole miss @ oxford}we punt???    one other main point I want to make and that is what will help ark more than anything is consoliation of these high school's that should have been done 20 years ago.

UCABEARS75