Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playcalling!

Started by Shawn61, September 25, 2012, 11:30:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn61

There has been a lot of questioning on the plays that are being called, but one that that I haven't heard much is. Why don't we throw to the backs out of the backfield? I remember Dennis Johnson making some huge plays that way last year.That might be a good way to get Knile Davis going. Not sure if it would help, but god it is worth a try.

fowlthing

Draw play seems to work for our opponents... even a good play action pass...

Wheel route is almost non existent

hogfanfromlr

You do realize that in 2.5 games (that he's played) Wilson has thrown for 982 yards.  That's almost 100 yds / quarter. 
http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/31/1015456/index.html - This is a great website for stats. 

Yes the fact that we didn't run the ball to run out the clock vs ULM is shocking to everyone.  But the aerial attach in the 2nd half of last week was due to trying to keep up with the points that our Defense was giving up, and besides the pick in the endzone it worked. 

When you have Wilson, Gragg, and Cobi you're crazy not to air it out.  With our pathetic run blocking I can see it being easy for a coordinator getting away from that.  I'd have to say Tyler completing just under 60% of his passes without a running game and average (at best) pass blocking is a feat. 

I guess what I don't like is our RedZone and 3rd down conversions, but I'm not sure those aren't skewed from Tyler being out 6 of our 16 quarters played and how ugly those quarters were. 

I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, but I think most of the frustration needs to be point to the defensive side of the ball and/or O-Line.