Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So this is what happens...

Started by Iwastherein1969, July 24, 2015, 06:34:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

to a program when you construct a 'state of the art' practice facility. I was under the impression by JUMP BALL aficianado's that once we got that new practice facility that the "fast tracks to the upper echelon" in NCAA basketball will be permanently greased and ready to go.

But on a serious note, I cannot recall a worse Summer for the Razorback basketball program. We normally have problems when new players to the program don't pan out and cannot perform at the D-1 level. And all this happens just when we seemingly climbed our way out of that bottomless pit of Heath and Pelphrey. Lower expectations quite a bit my fellow Razorback hoops fans, or you will be extremely disappointed come November. And to think, we get the Whorns on our schedule and bad luck slaps our basketball program again. Maybe Malik will show pity on us and take us back to the promised land, if only for just one year. We shall see.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Piggage

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 24, 2015, 06:34:00 am
to a program when you construct a 'state of the art' practice facility. I was under the impression by JUMP BALL aficianado's that once we got that new practice facility that the "fast tracks to the upper echelon" in NCAA basketball will be permanently greased and ready to go.

If you're a player already on campus, having a practice facility still doesn't speak as loudly as people telling you you're ready to go make some NBA draft money.

The fact that the practice facility exists won't be in the front of a player's mind when he's about to commit a crime and get suspended.

The practice facility levels the playing field with other schools at the same level. Apparently from that point forward, it's not a matter of sitting back and knowing that the fast tracks are greased. It's a matter of busting your rear in recruiting.

moses_007

It's been obvious this year that Jimmy Dykes is a better recruiter than MA. 

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: moses_007 on July 24, 2015, 01:31:06 pm

Easily.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BigSexyHog

Kinda looks like that might be an accurate statement.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HF#1

Dykes may be the best recruiter on campus. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RazorPiggie

Big Nasty 34

Baseball recruiting is probably best on campus. Get lots of studs committed and signed.

Pulled(PP)pork

I thought the alledged rape issue was a big deal back in the early 90's

PP

Hawg Red

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 27, 2015, 09:56:48 am
Pittman??

Definitely Pittman.

I'd say #1 Pittman, #2 Bielema, #3 Dykes.

TomBigBeeHog

What is the class ranking for lady hogs? Should make some noise in SEC this year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Porked Tongue

We'll see if he knew what was doing.

HotlantaHog

I am pulling for Jimmy to be successful and MA to be successful. My sense is they like each other and are doing the same.