Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking up the Pieces

Started by WilsonHog, July 23, 2015, 07:53:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Soooie21

Ok, we will see, everyone has their own take....To me it would look bad for future recruits....

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Breems on July 23, 2015, 10:21:11 am
We aren't the first school to encounter this type of situation. Fortunately, this reflects badly on the individuals and not the school.

Yes, of course, it reflects badly on the individuals.

But it also reflects badly on the program and the school.

You don't think the recent rape/battery allegations against Florida State football players didn't bring negative PR to FSU??

You know it did, and this does as well.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Mick Hogger

We won a national championship 3 years after 4 players were accused of gang rape. I think we can survive this even though it's a different politically correct enviroment now.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hogsanity

Quote from: Mick Hogger on July 28, 2015, 03:31:39 pm
We won a national championship 3 years after 4 players were accused of gang rape. I think we can survive this even though it's a different politically correct enviroment now.

and I do not see Corliss, Scotty, Cory, Dwight, Darnell, Lee, Al, and co walking through the door anytime soon either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mick Hogger

I never said they were. Just that we recovered from scandal before.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Breems

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 28, 2015, 03:11:01 pm
Yes, of course, it reflects badly on the individuals.

But it also reflects badly on the program and the school.

You don't think the recent rape/battery allegations against Florida State football players didn't bring negative PR to FSU??

You know it did, and this does as well.

No one cares unless you're good (Cam Newston and FSU, for example).
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Breems on July 29, 2015, 07:03:25 am
No one cares unless you're good (Cam Newston and FSU, for example).

Not true.  Not as many people care unless you're a high profile player, but there are people out there that do care.

I read in a thread somewhere someone addressing how the parents of potential recruits might react to this, and I think that's a fair point.

Those folks aren't great in number, but their response to this could be kind of a big deal, and that's irrelevant of the names of the kids involved.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Breems

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 29, 2015, 09:32:04 am
Not true.  Not as many people care unless you're a high profile player, but there are people out there that do care.

I read in a thread somewhere someone addressing how the parents of potential recruits might react to this, and I think that's a fair point.

Those folks aren't great in number, but their response to this could be kind of a big deal, and that's irrelevant of the names of the kids involved.

The "scam" schools, e.g. Auburn, FSU, USC, etc. are pretty much the best recruiters in the nation. Maybe this will help us.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

secfan30

Quote from: hogsanity on July 28, 2015, 04:03:34 pm
and I do not see Corliss, Scotty, Cory, Dwight, Darnell, Lee, Al, and co walking through the door anytime soon either.

I wish Rick Pitino would have never spoken those words. Seems like anytime someone tries to be optimistic, a person reuses that quote...