Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updated: Jacorey Williams, Dustin Thomas, Anton Beard arrested for forgery

Started by GoHogs40, July 22, 2015, 03:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 22, 2015, 04:04:14 pm
All we know at this juncture is that arrests have been made and all three players have been suspended indefinitely from the program.

Anything else at this point is pure speculation and not worth a bucket of warm spit.

I have been looking for my damn spittoon all afternoon. That explains a lot.

bp

The_Iceman

You have to be pretty dang stupid to knowingly try to exchange counterfeit bills. Why risk it when you are in those kids' position as 3 of only 13 people in the country with the privilege and honor of wearing a Razorback Basketball Uniform.

If this ends up being true, I will not attend or watch a game in 2015. It will be a Mizzou like bad season, especially with the loss of Kapita.

I'm marking July 22, 2015 as the date that possibly ended my support of Mike Anderson's tenure at Arkansas.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 22, 2015, 04:18:18 pm
You have to be pretty dang stupid to knowingly try to exchange counterfeit bills. Why risk it when you are in those kids' position as 3 of only 13 people in the country with the privilege and honor of wearing a Razorback Basketball Uniform.

If this ends up being true, I will not attend or watch a game in 2015. It will be a Mizzou like bad season, especially with the loss of Kapita.

I'm marking July 22, 2015 as the date that possibly ended my support of Mike Anderson's tenure at Arkansas.
I'll be there for whatever kids are on our team.

rwspear

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 22, 2015, 04:13:39 pm
Well, that depends "dude."

As someone who spent 12 years practicing law, I wouldn't be surprised to read next week or next month that the charges have gone away. In that event, the damage to the 2015-16 season would be exactly zero.

Should the three be convicted or plead, we're talking about something else entirely.

So.....drumroll.......it depends.

congrats dude. youre like an expert. or something.

ive spent 30 years watching college basketball.

its bad when a team loses their three best players to graduation/nba. its even worse when that team only successfully recruits one replacement. its compounded when that teams starting PG and stretch wing get simultaneously charged with felonies.

there is more than enough evidence to say "WE HAVE MAJOR PERSONNEL ISSUES". that is not speculation. its fact.

bruh.

jry04

Talk about dramatic. Will it be a huge blow? Yes. Will we struggle if they are kicked off? Yes. So the rest of the players should lose support? Those other players shouldn't be punished because of the actions of these three. The coaching staff is to blame for this? You act like Mike could have done something different here. You say this now, and then in 2016 if we get Monk you will claim to be a huge fan. I will still support the team regardless of who is on it, but it doesn't mean I won't be frustrated.

Like it is

It's always something!! JOKE CITY !!!! This black eye doesn't help recruiting one bit ..... Along with the possibility of Kapita not playing now

WilsonHog

What's your rationale for the last sentence?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HappyHog on July 22, 2015, 04:13:38 pm
Let's assume all 3 are guilty and all 3 are booted from the program.  What does the starting 5 look like for game 1?

Durham, Whitt, Bell, Miles and Moses would be my guess

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:21:24 pm
congrats dude. youre like an expert. or something.

ive spent 30 years watching college basketball.

its bad when a team loses their three best players to graduation/nba. its even worse when that team only successfully recruits one replacement. its compounded when that teams starting PG and stretch wing get simultaneously charged with felonies.

there is more than enough evidence to say "WE HAVE MAJOR PERSONNEL ISSUES". that is not speculation. its fact.

bruh.
Potentially.

dbhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 22, 2015, 03:21:01 pm
Oh dear Gussy. What are they thinking?

Obviously they are NOT thinking.  Way to blow up a season guys.

rhames

If this is where you lose support of Anderson you never supported him anyway

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on July 22, 2015, 04:23:31 pm
If this is where you lose support of Anderson you never supported him anyway

You'd think he gave them the bills with that line of thought.

WooPig90

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2015, 04:25:04 pm
You'd think he gave them the bills with that line of thought.

No lie. Typical emotional posting.

Hate it for coach a. He will survive though.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

BigSexyHog

Well if anyone wants immediate playing time now is the time to step up.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pulled(PP)pork

I remember a dorm incident once.....something about a train, odd

PP

rwspear

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 22, 2015, 04:22:35 pm
Potentially.

no. there is no 'potentially'.

-we lost our 3 best players
-we brought in 2 HS recruits and a transfer to replace them. Kapita will not be  an Arkansas basketball player in 2016 or, most likely, at all. Dustin Thomas has been charged with a felony.
-our starting PG and stretch wing player have been charged with felonies.

these are realities.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:29:57 pm

-we brought in 2 HS recruits and a transfer to replace them. Kapita will not be  an Arkansas basketball player in 2016 or, most likely, at all. Dustin Thomas has been charged with a felony.

these are realities.
oj was charged with a felony.....so there's hope

PP

lookawayquick

Crisis is the mother of leadership.  CMA and his upper class returners will now have to step up big time.  CMA in the recruiting arena, his returning players on the hardwood.  A crisis can bring a team together and push them to another level.  Hate that it happened.  Let's hope the three kids that have been accused have a solid explanation but I'm not betting on their return.

Bacon_Bitz

Well, we will have a lot of scholarships open next year.  CMA should go all-in on the Calipari one-and-done modus operandi.

Monk, Macon, Fisher, Cook, Cook, and Ferguson.  Let's do this!  Woooooo pig!

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:29:57 pm

these are realities.

3 best?  Uh no.

They are not off the team for good.  It might happen but right now it's on a potential pitfall for the season.  Many players have done more and never missed a game. 

I'm not saying they should be given a free pass if guilty.

I realize you've laid in the weeds waiting for a moment to pounce, I warn you a final time this is not the moment.

Final Point:  Tom and I have noted it's fine to be upset and complain.  We know the difference.  But when your posting history is almost always neg, its easy to judge intent.

Cresthog

Surprised JaCory wasn't printing them at Mullins.

I would not put it past him.

Richard_white

Anyone have any eligibility left?  I would but I would turn fastest 40 minutes into the slowest 40 minutes.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: Cresthog on July 22, 2015, 04:35:17 pm
Surprised JaCory wasn't printing them at Mullins.

I would not put it past him.
Okay, this is gold.
ched come back pls

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

razorhog52

I'm not upset with Mike for the arrests. That's not his fault. It is those players being stupid, allegedly. I am upset we lost 5 players, and only signed 2 (and one one year transfer), with one of those being an academic risk (Kapita). He also had no back up plan for the potential loss of Portis and Qualls. That leaves out team razor thin. So if there were any injuries (or in this case arrests) we have the potential for a very bad year.

hogman99

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 22, 2015, 04:34:46 pm
3 best?  Uh no.

They are not off the team for good.  It might happen but right now it's on a potential pitfall for the season.  Many players have done more and never missed a game. 

I'm not saying they should be given a free pass if guilty.

I realize you've laid in the weeds waiting for a moment to pounce, I warn you a final time this is not the moment.

Final Point:  Tom and I have noted it's fine to be upset and complain.  We know the difference.  But when your posting history is almost always neg, its easy to judge intent.

I believe when the poster said 3 best, they were referring to Madden, Qualls and Portis who left the program. The 2nd follow up was about the replacements for those players. The 3rd point was in regard to what happen today with the arrest.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WilsonHog

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:40:19 pm
oh. im sorry. i forgot that hogville rule that reads "you must post sunshine or youre out".

if saying "I am very concerned with the personnel situation at Arkansas because of indisputable facts" is banable, then go ahead and ban me.

#censorship #fascism #northkorea

Of all of the approaches you could have taken, that was the perfectly wrong one.

Your wish is my command.

rwspear

Quote from: hogman99 on July 22, 2015, 04:40:58 pm
I believe when the poster said 3 best, they were referring to Madden, Qualls and Portis who left the program. The 2nd follow up was about the replacements for those players. The 3rd point was in regard to what happen today with the arrest.

youre entirely too reasonable.

HawgAdvocate

Well ain't that somethin.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 22, 2015, 04:21:50 pm
What's your rationale for the last sentence?

2015 Lineup:

Whitt / Durham
Bell / Hannahs
Watkins / ???
Kingsley / Miles
Kouassi / Thompson

That lineup will give us a losing season after the success we had last year. It will be hard to recruit quality players, and thus the death spiral will start. If all that happens, you can mark this as the date as the end for my support of Mike Anderson. He hasn't lost my support yet, as these charges may all go away (I understand as a lawyer myself), but it is definitely on HOLD right now.

Ultimately, its year 5 for Mike Anderson. No more excuses, everything is his responsibility. He should have been prepared for Qualls and Portis leaving. He should have had a contingency for Kapita, since rumors were strong his academics were in trouble. If you let your program crumble from 27 wins to a losing season, especially 5 years in, that is a failure.

Breems

1. Hi, everyone!
2. Assuming they are at fault, have we seen a similar situation before at the college level? I'm curious if the precedent is to dismiss them from the team or a very long suspension.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Razor6

Football offseason is winning!

How many football schollies do we get? Statistically amazing!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

WilsonHog

As far as Mike is concerned, y'all have read enough of my posts to know that if this was additional evidence of a culture of bad behavior in our basketball program, I'd be leading the charge to get rid of Mike. That was the reason I soured on Pelphrey. How our players conduct themselves and how UA is perceived matters a great deal to me.

There is no evidence of that culture here.

Now...if Mike attempts a "nothing to see here" approach, my confidence in him will take a huge hit. However, if those three do not play this season and we go 10-20, it will not lessen my confidence in Mike at all.

Breems

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 22, 2015, 04:45:23 pm
2015 Lineup:

Whitt / Durham
Bell / Hannahs
Watkins / ???
Kingsley / Miles
Kouassi / Thompson

That lineup will give us a losing season after the success we had last year. It will be hard to recruit quality players, and thus the death spiral will start. If all that happens, you can mark this as the date as the end for my support of Mike Anderson. He hasn't lost my support yet, as these charges may all go away (I understand as a lawyer myself), but it is definitely on HOLD right now.

Ultimately, its year 5 for Mike Anderson. No more excuses, everything is his responsibility. He should have been prepared for Qualls and Portis leaving. He should have had a contingency for Kapita, since rumors were strong his academics were in trouble. If you let your program crumble from 27 wins to a losing season, especially 5 years in, that is a failure.

He is responsible for the supposed crimes committed by these 3 players?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:40:19 pm
oh. im sorry. i forgot that hogville rule that reads "you must post sunshine or youre out".

if saying "I am very concerned with the personnel situation at Arkansas because of indisputable facts" is banable, then go ahead and ban me.

#censorship #fascism #northkorea
#waves

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Richard_white

Maybe CJD can allow CMA to have a couple Lady Razorback players?... :)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Breems on July 22, 2015, 04:47:59 pm

No, he is not. But he is responsible for the record at the end of the season. If he had adequately filled the spots of Madden, Harris, Portis, and Qualls, this loss wouldn't be anywhere near as bad, and thus his record would keep my support. But, he handled Babb horribly, leading to his exit...another player we didn't replace this offseason. Then, he takes a risk on Kapita, with no real contingency plan. We are down to Whitt, Hannah, and Kouassi for the incoming players, to replace those 5....plus maybe Beard and Williams?

I gave him a pass on the recruiting/departures this offseason due to a strong top 2 (Whitt and Kapita) and a couple good transfers (Hannah and Kouassi). But now....YIKES.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porked Tongue

It should be noted, these are the first arrests since MA took over.

rljjr

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on July 22, 2015, 05:10:42 pm
Does basketball play into the Fulmer Cup?

Pretty sure it's football only, goes from the day after the national championship game until the next one.

william.lane123

I don't blame MA for the players they may have messed up.  But the player that may not have made it because of academics,  that's on MA!!!!

LA Football fan

Quote from: Breems on July 22, 2015, 04:47:59 pm

As someone said on another site, you recruit your problems.  He recruited them and is responsible for them, everyone needs to quit their excuse making.  Now I do not believe Mike created a culture on the team for this behavior and I believe Mike is probably more upset than any of us on here.  But the reality is Mike is in his 5th year.  He will have to coach his butt off if these players don't make it back to the team because of this.  We still have good players on the team.  Not ready to throw away next season even if we only have 9 on schollie.  Those 9 are good basketball players.  Last I looked only 5 were on the court at a time.  Is our depth hurt?  Of course, but again, we will put 5 good basketball players on the court next season.

Now, what will be interesting is to see how Mike handles this.  Our fans have been blasting other programs for their issues and how their head coaches seemed to blow off punishment.   Mike can handle adversity.   He will have his hands full with the media when this blows up nationally.   He is recruiting several high level prospects for next year and we all know how much talent is coming through the state the next few years.  His legacy as a head coach depends on being able to show this program is stable, even with this incident, and that he has moved forward to continue what he started in the rebuild of this program.   This will definitely give our program a hit nationally for the next few weeks.  Get some good recruiting news this fall and have a decent season and this will hopefully be a short setback.  Not gonna lie, this hurts, but as Nolan said many a time, all sickness is not death.  I am still behind Mike and this program.  This changes nothing in that regard, including Kapita not making it.  His job just got a heck of a lot harder though.

TheRazorback500

You know, these kids are counseled on everything from drugs and alcohol, cheating and other academic no-no's, how to treat women, etc. but I wonder if these types of things are even brought up in the meetings and orientation sessions. I guess they need to be.

I was having a good day until I heard about Kapita and now this. Ugh.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?