Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost Babb. Memphis State has lost 7 players in the last year.

Started by TomBigBeeHog, July 09, 2015, 12:31:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomBigBeeHog

Austin Nichols is the latest. Pastner and the tiggers move to block the Nichols from leaving.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/07/08/austin-nichols-transfer-battle-with-memphis-latest-to-shed-light-on-ncaas-scholarship-problem/

What's the deal. Looks like a bad PR move. Glad MA did the catch and release with Babb. We didn't need that kind of negativity surrounding the program.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

From Pastner: "In life, there are principles and people need to be held accountable to responsibility," Memphis coach Josh Pastner told Sporting News. "You have to be a man of your word."

What if MA had told that to Rotnei?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

Would love to see Anderson go aggressively after Nichols. I know there will be a long line of suitors, and some big dogs, but we're close to home and not on the restricted list. Gotta for it, IMO.

TomBigBeeHog

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 09, 2015, 12:33:34 pm
Would love to see Anderson go aggressively after Nichols. I know there will be a long line of suitors, and some big dogs, but we're close to home and not on the restricted list. Gotta for it, IMO.

6' 9" 230 lbs. what position does he play and what are his skill sets. Is he a Portis type of inside out player?

Hawg Red

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on July 09, 2015, 12:40:38 pm
6' 9" 230 lbs. what position does he play and what are his skill sets. Is he a Portis type of inside out player?

He's a traditional PF. Scores around the basket and blocks shots. 13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks were averages last year. Runs the floor well.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on July 09, 2015, 12:40:38 pm

Some HS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu1_kGANyHA

Weird that there is not more video of him from Memphis. Goes to show that Arkansas is doing a very good job of marketing their players like Portis and Qualls.

The_Iceman

Nichols was All-AAC 1st team. Very good player. Would fit in well here. Doubt we get him tho.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 09, 2015, 01:10:08 pm
Nichols was All-AAC 1st team. Very good player. Would fit in well here. Doubt we get him tho.

Could come in and replace Moussai and be the big forward we need for the 2016 class.

jry04

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on July 09, 2015, 02:04:55 pm
Could come in and replace Moussai and be the big forward we need for the 2016 class.
Kouassi.

TomBigBeeHog

rwspear

i dotn know how PTB think this is a good idea.

"NO, YOU MUST PLAY FOR US!"

"ok. well, then, im going to sit on the bench and do absolutely nothing. thanks for the scholarship."

gmarv

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on July 09, 2015, 02:04:55 pm
that's a funny mistake there tom,just blame on your keyboard that's what I,d do.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: gmarv on July 09, 2015, 03:06:03 pm
that's a funny mistake there tom,just blame on your keyboard that's what I,d do.

Don't know what happened, maybe I enterwined Massai with Koussai (phonetically). Heck, I don't know. But you guys knew what I meant. Still, fire away. I find it quite funny myself.

gmarv

yeah I think were all a little comedogenic from time to time.

kaki

From my limited exposure to Austin Nichols, I would say he would be a big get, if we could pull it off.  He has pretty good numbers in a decent conference, and this takes into account to him having some injuries during the year.

husker71

espn says Notre Dame and Marquette are the favorites early.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 09, 2015, 01:08:11 pm
Some HS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu1_kGANyHA

Weird that there is not more video of him from Memphis. Goes to show that Arkansas is doing a very good job of marketing their players like Portis and Qualls.

His mom was never going to allow him out of memphis.  From his early notice of high talent she said he would be going to Memphis "state".  His mother grew up and still lives in that small bubble of memphis people that believe memphis is still a competitive power and call it Memphis state.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: husker71 on July 09, 2015, 05:21:27 pm

We are closer to Memphis than they are.

Dirttrackhog

ive been thinking on this also, if Arkansas has a chance to get Nichols.  I was listening today to Memphis sports radio and the biggest of the bigs want him.  However, the word around here in Memphis is that he wanted his transer because his girlfriend dumped him and she is on the pom squad and he would have to see her every home game.  If that is true is that the type of person you want on your team?

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on July 09, 2015, 07:21:10 pm
ive been thinking on this also, if Arkansas has a chance to get Nichols.  I was listening today to Memphis sports radio and the biggest of the bigs want him.  However, the word around here in Memphis is that he wanted his transer because his girlfriend dumped him and she is on the pom squad and he would have to see her every home game.  If that is true is that the type of person you want on your team?

I have seen him play. Yes I want him on our team.

dhornjr1

Quote from: husker71 on July 09, 2015, 05:21:27 pm

Word here in Memphis is that if Krzyzewski wants him, he'll get  him. He spurned a Duke offer to come to Memphis.

TrueBlue

secfan30

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on July 09, 2015, 07:21:10 pm

I wouldn't want to see a girl that dumped me, probably for another person, every time I competed. Unless I was tapping her mother, or a sister, then I'd be ok.

NaturalStateReb

Tiger High is like that ring from Lord of the Rings--it corrupts everything it touches. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.