Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NMST AGGIES - COMPETITIVE FOE OR BLOWOUT

Started by GunnerHawg70, September 28, 2017, 01:02:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

If we lose to NMS, then we won't win a single single SEC game unless it's Missouri.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 28, 2017, 08:35:07 pm
Well, back track as best you can, but saying aTm is a sunbelt team is simply ridiculous.  I stand by my first reaction to what you said. 
You still guaranteeing us to win 9 games minimal? Pretty legit prediction there. I didn't backtrack one bit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 28, 2017, 04:28:49 pm
A few weeks ago, you struggled mightily with reading comprehension.

However, of the words that I actually did say in my post, I do stand by those. I absolutely take Ragnow over their center. Froholdt's played about as well as their LG. Absolutely would take their LT and RG over ours. As for RT, that position was a wash due all the word being that Wallace who played decently last year was going to be our starter there and they had zero starts. I gave us the slight edge for week 1, which was all the comparison was meant for as it was explicit that by the end of the season, it would become meaningless. And you know what, week 1, their OL did not play very against FSU. They couldn't run the ball with any consistency, Hurts was running for his life when he dropped back. And this is a FSU team that isn't even ranked anymore. So yeah, their OL didn't do very well week 1. They'll likely get better as the season goes and since week 1, they've played 3 cupcakes in a row and honestly don't have a very tough schedule at all this year.

High comedy right here:

"Quote
Until we see dramatic improvement in the O-line, it's hard to see how we get to a level of 9-10 wins."

"Dramatic levels of improvement would put our OL unit in the top 5 in the country and we'd be a threat for 10+.

Zero levels of improvement from the OL combined with with only the average level of improvement from the returning players we have along with neutral impact from the defensive scheme change and we are still looking at a good chance to get to 9 wins. Why? Well, we should have had 9 wins last year if we didn't choke. Last year's team was inexperienced. This year's is not. Receiver is the only place we don't improve positionally next season. I'd include DE if we were still in the 4-3. The experience of the returning players alone and thus the reduced mental errors (whiffed blocks by OL, forcing throws late in the game by the qb making matters worse) will be greatly reduced."
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Fan1958 on September 28, 2017, 01:39:03 pm
Using big words is hard.  Reckon he really pronounces formidable like he spelled it?  Nah, never spoken the word in his life.

So instead of sticking to the topic thread content you're gonna focus on a misspelled word and try to mock me...It's POS like you and your little H*mo friend that need to get a life.  Thank you for finding my mistake and I'm sure I will make many more in life.  Now you and your friend can go kindly EAD!!!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: Wisco Pig on September 28, 2017, 01:34:04 pm
THEY FORMIBLE

UNBEEBIBLY FORMIBLE

My bad...was rushing but thanks for the catch. EABD Wisco Pig.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 29, 2017, 10:24:08 am
So instead of sticking to the topic thread content you're gonna focus on a misspelled word and try to mock me...It's POS like you and your little H*mo friend that need to get a life.  Thank you for finding my mistake and I'm sure I will make many more in life.  Now you and your friend can go kindly EAD!!!

Jeebus, go for a walk, it's just a little harmless ribbing.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogcard1964

This is the type of game we should win somewhere in the area of 50-10, 55-10.  But I can actually see us playing down and the game being a bit tighter.  Something like 37-20.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 29, 2017, 10:26:18 am
Jeebus, go for a walk, it's just a little harmless ribbing.

I'm good buddy.  Some people are good and I don't mind the ribbing; some are just di*kholes looking for the cheap laugh.  F*cktards.

TheRazorback500

It won't be a problem beating NMSU if we'll just run. the. ball. AA doesn't need to throw more than 15 passes. Run blocking is the one thing we can do well at times. The Aggies' defense is geared to pressure the QB. Ground and pound would be the best strategy IMO.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Inhogswetrust

Dang, I forgot they are also called the aggies........................I hope we don't have to go to overtime!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

moses_007

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 29, 2017, 11:42:20 am
Dang, I forgot they are also called the aggies........................I hope we don't have to go to overtime!
yes, two straight Aggies' opponents.

Jimbob111

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 08:59:05 pm
If we lose to NMS, then we won't win a single single SEC game unless it's Missouri.

The same can be said if we beat NMSt.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Roaringboar

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 29, 2017, 10:28:02 am
This is the type of game we should win somewhere in the area of 50-10, 55-10.  But I can actually see us playing down and the game being a bit tighter.  Something like 37-20.

See, I think it'll be closer than that.....sure we dominated one FCS opponent this year, but we have not played dominantly against anyone else all season, and I don't expect it to start now.....I mean, isn't NMST ranked like 9th overall in passing, that's a scary thought because our passing defense is not ready for hard-core air the ball out team....I mean, look at that WSU and USC game last night, that passing game just tore USC to pieces......I'm not saying I expect NMST to shut us out or keep us from scoring, though it could be possible, I'm worried our defense is going to shoot us in the foot alot, and if this turns into a scoring fest.....well......we saw how that turned out last week.....we cannot win these types of games for some reason......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

sigpooie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Roaringboar

If we do not score on our first drive, then we will lose most certainly. NMST has the 69th ranked overall defense in the country right now.....68th in rushing allowing 145 ypg......if we can't run against them first drive, we are in trouble.....Especially since they have the 9th ranked passing offense at 353 ypg.......I mean, if the Hogs don't score first but they do with their opening drive, I could see us loosing this one in a 35-24 rout.....I mean, it sounds unrealistic perhaps to lose to a Sun Belt team like that, but our rushing defense is 98th in country, and though our passing defense is sitting at 21st allowing 159 ypg, this is one of the first air-it-out teams we've really played......I mean, it does not look good if we don't start scoring right away......Now if we do score first, we should control the game for the most part I would think as long as we can shut them down their first couple of drives and get the lead, but when their passing offense is gaining 353 yards in the air alone, you cannot afford a second half breakdown....I don't know, I'm just getting a real bad vibe about this game.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

jgphillips3

It doesn't matter.  This game is a lose-lose proposition.  If we win, we were supposed to.  If we lose, fans are going to be killed in the stands by the wheels that come flying off.  If we beat them down, I'm going to be pissed that we still can't beat a real team.  Basically, there is no result from this game that stands a chance of making me happy.  I'm sick of beating only who we are supposed to beat and even then not doing that convincingly.  Go out and beat someone worth a darn or get the hell out is where I am with CBB now. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 30, 2017, 10:13:35 am
If we do not score on our first drive, then we will lose most certainly. NMST has the 69th ranked overall defense in the country right now.....68th in rushing allowing 145 ypg......if we can't run against them first drive, we are in trouble.....Especially since they have the 9th ranked passing offense at 353 ypg.......I mean, if the Hogs don't score first but they do with their opening drive, I could see us loosing this one in a 35-24 rout.....I mean, it sounds unrealistic perhaps to lose to a Sun Belt team like that, but our rushing defense is 98th in country, and though our passing defense is sitting at 21st allowing 159 ypg, this is one of the first air-it-out teams we've really played......I mean, it does not look good if we don't start scoring right away......Now if we do score first, we should control the game for the most part I would think as long as we can shut them down their first couple of drives and get the lead, but when their passing offense is gaining 353 yards in the air alone, you cannot afford a second half breakdown....I don't know, I'm just getting a real bad vibe about this game.....

This post fell out of the dumb tree and hit every limb.

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 28, 2017, 01:02:04 pm
With all the "coaches hot seat" talk and almost every topic is geared around "who's available" or potentially available to be the next Head Hog while the current position is filled by CBB; has anyone actually (besides Twistitup) looked at NMST and what they bring to the table.  Here's little tidbit: They are ranked 9th in the Nation in passing!!!

FBS Ranking Offense Defense 
Rushing 120.0 (104th) 145.0 (68th)
Passing 353.3 (9th) 238.3 (77th)
Overall 35th 68th

The "other" Aggies are bad at rushing and in the lower tier of overall defense.  The problem I foresee for the Hogs will be getting pressure on the QB and stopping the big play which Hogs have been consistently bad at doing.   Aggies QB Tyler Rogers has a QBR of 69.0 (1413yds / 12 TD) and his target is WR Jaleel Scott (26rec/4TD/369yds) could pose huge threat if the DL / LBs don't get pressure on the QB and stuff the run game.  CPR will have the boys in position but you always wonder about adjustments and player execution.

All it takes is one "AW SH*T" and next thing you know.....well we won't mention big plays anymore.

Told y'all, told y'all, told y'all...😐

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 30, 2017, 10:24:21 am
It doesn't matter.  This game is a lose-lose proposition.  If we win, we were supposed to.  If we lose, fans are going to be killed in the stands by the wheels that come flying off.  If we beat them down, I'm going to be pissed that we still can't beat a real team.  Basically, there is no result from this game that stands a chance of making me happy.  I'm sick of beating only who we are supposed to beat and even then not doing that convincingly.  Go out and beat someone worth a darn or get the hell out is where I am with CBB now. 

You are right. This is a no win game other than getting another win. Beat them to death...that is what we should have done. Beat them 59-20 and there is a question about our defense and why they gave up so many points to a SBC team. There is no real win in this game other than it being another game that we chalk up as a win. Those that always want to whine and moan will continue to do so. If it was the same scenario with Alabama everyone would just say that the only reason that they scored 20 was because they subbed a lot on defense and the offense took them for granted. With us, it is always, "woe is me".

Take the win and move on and be happy, at least for now.
Go Hogs Go!

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 30, 2017, 12:36:09 pm
You are right. This is a no win game other than getting another win. Beat them to death...that is what we should have done. Beat them 59-20 and there is a question about our defense and why they gave up so many points to a SBC team. There is no real win in this game other than it being another game that we chalk up as a win. Those that always want to whine and moan will continue to do so. If it was the same scenario with Alabama everyone would just say that the only reason that they scored 20 was because they subbed a lot on defense and the offense took them for granted. With us, it is always, "woe is me".

Take the win and move on and be happy, at least for now.
Well ok then😳...Woo Go Hogs (geez)😒

GunnerHawg70

Aggies QB Tyler Rogers has a QBR of 69.0 (1413yds / 12 TD) and his target is WR Jaleel Scott (26rec/4TD/369yds)

I'm gonna keep telling y'all this...maybe the coaching staff will finally take notice!!! >:(

alohawg

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on September 28, 2017, 02:08:45 pm
Arkansas wins comfortably, although not in a huge blowout.  45-17, Arkansas.

Good call
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bennyl08

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 28, 2017, 01:40:50 pm
Neither. We'll win something like 42-21

However, the score might be pretty close at half-time.

Off by one FG but otherwise nailed it.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Sweet Feet