Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will A&M be pumped up next week b/c of their new coach?

Started by Bacon_Bitz, September 16, 2017, 12:44:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Sumlin is toast after this week. Who will be the interim? Hopefully the Aggies just lay down and have a good bleed instead of getting fired up for interim Chavis or whoever?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 16, 2017, 12:44:56 pm
Sumlin is toast after this week. Who will be the interim? Hopefully the Aggies just lay down and have a good bleed instead of getting fired up for interim Chavis or whoever?

Well there is a far fetched projection.
Go Hogs Go!

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 12:46:49 pm
Well there is a far fetched projection.

Thinking ahead. You gotta be one step ahead of the opponent

The Hawg Marshal

I didn't think it was very likely that he'd be fired in season, but if they lose to the Ragin Cajuns, he just might not make it to our game.

WorfHog

September 16, 2017, 12:49:09 pm #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:14:30 pm by WorfHog
They'd be stupid to make a move this early in the season. It was bad when Frank did it to Jack and it'd be bad in this situation. Wait til later in the season, or likely after January 1st so the buyout drops. But they are Aggies so who knows.

ZERO

Louisiana has never beaten an SEC opponent. And they've played Kentucky when they had (ULL, that is) a 9-win team. If they win this, something is horribly wrong.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rhames

Quote from: WorfHog on September 16, 2017, 12:49:09 pm
They'd be stupid to make a move this early in the season. It was bad when Frank did it to Jack and it'd be bad here. Wait til later in the season, or likely after January 1st so the buyout drops. But they are Aggies so who knows.

Except that the process has completely changed now. See LSU and USC.

Wouldn't shock me if they lose and they can him
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WorfHog

Quote from: ZERO on September 16, 2017, 12:49:53 pm
Louisiana has never beaten an SEC opponent. And they've played Kentucky when they had (ULL, that is) a 9-win team. If they win this, something is horribly wrong.

Hell, even CBB beat them in his first game here.

phadedhawg

Losing to ULL would be a game changer.  Nothing would be off the table when the AD addresses that. 

phadedhawg

Most SEC teams I cheer for when they play out of conference teams....Texas A&M ain't one of 'em

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

WorfHog

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 12:50:25 pm

Except that the process has completely changed now. See LSU and USC.

Wouldn't shock me if they lose and they can him

Yes, but USC fired Sark for his behavior (like we did with Petrino) and Les' buyout at LSU was minimal (and they went cheap hiring Orgeron).

Aggies have more money than brains though so you might be right.

sickboy

Quote from: WorfHog on September 16, 2017, 12:51:12 pm
Hell, even CBB beat them in his first game here.

I mean -- there's really no comparing the Rajun Cajun team we beat five years ago to the team A&M is playing. I agree, A&M is in shambles right now, but the two aren't comparable.

Now, if we can't beat this A&M team... oh boy.

Tusks

I like the ULL coach.  Hogs should give him a look when BB is gone.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

EastexHawg

I can't watch the game, but based on the box score I can see what is happening.  Sumlin, who must have something terrible against Hubenak, insists on playing Kellen Mond at QB.  Given that Mond's capabilities of running a passing game are at about 8th grade level...if that...ULL is selling out and stuffing the A&M run.  Yes, Mond did hit one 76 yard pass, but other than that the Aggies have put up about 50 yards of total offense in a half against what should be a cupcake opponent.

This comes a week after they were tied with Nicholls 14-14 midway through the 4th quarter.  Of course, both games have been at home.

There is absolutely no excuse for any SEC program losing to A&M this year.  None.  Once their starting QB went down with an injury and Sumlin decided to hitch his wagon to Mond their season was over.  They will go winless in conference unless someone else out-incompetents them.

factchecker

Quote from: sickboy on September 16, 2017, 12:55:43 pm
I mean -- there's really no comparing the Rajun Cajun team we beat five years ago to the team A&M is playing. I agree, A&M is in shambles right now, but the two aren't comparable.

Now, if we can't beat this A&M team... oh boy.

You're right.

The Rajun Cajun team we beat in 2013 went 9-4.

The current Rajun Cajun team is 1-1 with their one victory being a nailbiter against FCS team Southeastern Louisiana (51-48).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Rayzback

Summlin or not, Louisiana having success everywhere against TAMU makes next weeks game feel like the 4th seal of the apacolypse.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Sed76

Our luck A&M will play lights out next week regardless of who is roaming the sidelines.

HawgHawk

Quote from: tusked on September 16, 2017, 12:55:47 pm
I like the ULL coach.  Hogs should give him a look when BB is gone.

NO! He's a jerk, and usually a clueless one. He spends more time lifting weights than he does game planning. I lived in that area for 14 yrs. He'd never make it with the Hogs.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Sed76 on September 16, 2017, 01:08:36 pm
Our luck A&M will play lights out next week regardless of who is roaming the sidelines.

howie76

Man the aggies are absolutely terrible. I feel their pain tho

Dark Helmet Hog

Next week is shaping up to be a massive pillow fight of epic proportions.

rhames

Quote from: WorfHog on September 16, 2017, 12:54:14 pm
Yes, but USC fired Sark for his behavior (like we did with Petrino) and Les' buyout at LSU was minimal (and they went cheap hiring Orgeron).

Aggies have more money than brains though so you might be right.

Nope. I'm talking about Lane Kiffin. Also Les did have a big buyout.

The thing about sumlin is his buyout is due 65 days after termination. He is already gone. If he loses today he won't be the coach next week.

LSU ended up with orgeron because jumbo Fisher and human said no.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

factchecker

Quote from: HawgHawk on September 16, 2017, 01:10:06 pm

NO! He's a jerk, and usually a clueless one. He spends more time lifting weights than he does game planning. I lived in that area for 14 yrs. He'd never make it with the Hogs.

Didn't he have a bunch of wins vacated as well?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hoglady

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 16, 2017, 12:56:14 pm
I can't watch the game, but based on the box score I can see what is happening.  Sumlin, who must have something terrible against Hubenak, insists on playing Kellen Mond at QB.  Given that Mond's capabilities of running a passing game are at about 8th grade level...if that...ULL is selling out and stuffing the A&M run.  Yes, Mond did hit one 76 yard pass, but other than that the Aggies have put up about 50 yards of total offense in a half against what should be a cupcake opponent.

This comes a week after they were tied with Nicholls 14-14 midway through the 4th quarter.  Of course, both games have been at home.

There is absolutely no excuse for any SEC program losing to A&M this year.  None.  Once their starting QB went down with an injury and Sumlin decided to hitch his wagon to Mond their season was over.  They will go winless in conference unless someone else out-incompetents them.

They said at the beginning of the game Hubenak is hurt and isn't available unless absolutely necessary.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bondhue

If Hogs don't win next week Hogville will look like that scene from Raiders of Lost Ark where everyone's face melts off.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

WorfHog

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 01:12:54 pm

Nope. I'm talking about Lane Kiffin. Also Les did have a big buyout.

The thing about sumlin is his buyout is due 65 days after termination. He is already gone. If he loses today he won't be the coach next week.

LSU ended up with orgeron because jumbo Fisher and human said no.

You made me do some research. LSU reportedly paid Les "...approximately $9.7 million over the next 6 years, 6 months.

Assuming Les does not accept further work, he would receive approximately $125,000 / month for the next 6 years, 6 months.

Which is a lot, but is spread out, and they hired Orgeron for $3.5 million per year which is the fourth lowest paid coach in the SEC.

"Kevin Sumlin's current buyout is $11.25 million. Texas A&M's deal must pay him entire contract owed within 60 days if it lets him go."

It's not really apples to apples here.

http://footballscoop.com/news/les-miles-buyout/

http://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Bolt/Texas-AM-owes-Kevin-Sumlin-hefty-buyout-if-fired-106930470

bondhue

Next week may be a battle of the field goal kickers.

rhames

Quote from: WorfHog on September 16, 2017, 01:25:57 pm
You made me do some research. LSU reportedly paid Les "...approximately $9.7 million over the next 6 years, 6 months.

Assuming Les does not accept further work, he would receive approximately $125,000 / month for the next 6 years, 6 months.

Which is a lot, but is spread out, and they hired Orgeron for $3.5 million per year which is the fourth lowest paid coach in the SEC.

"Kevin Sumlin's current buyout is $11.25 million. Texas A&M's deal must pay him entire contract owed within 60 days if it lets him go."

It's not really apples to apples here.

http://footballscoop.com/news/les-miles-buyout/

http://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Bolt/Texas-AM-owes-Kevin-Sumlin-hefty-buyout-if-fired-106930470

Never said it was apples to apples. I'm the one who pointed out the 60 days although I said 65

Sumlin's time is up in college station and he is going to get some money to go away.

Looks like he will survive today. But it doesn't matter if they pay him 60 days after tomorrow or 60 days after the LSU game. He is toast.

Orgeron and how much he makes is irrelevant to the situation since he was their third choice.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 02:25:39 pm

Never said it was apples to apples. I'm the one who pointed out the 60 days although I said 65

Sumlin's time is up in college station and he is going to get some money to go away.

Looks like he will survive today. But it doesn't matter if they pay him 60 days after tomorrow or 60 days after the LSU game. He is toast.
Either way, he'll be able to afford a stocked bar...

rhames

BroyledNutts

Quote from: bondhue on September 16, 2017, 01:19:12 pm
If Hogs don't win next week Hogville will look like that scene from Raiders of Lost Ark where everyone's face melts off.

We won't, and A&M will look like SECW contenders in the process ...

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 16, 2017, 02:36:47 pm
We won't, and A&M will look like SECW contenders in the process ...
and Mond will look like a world beater.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 02:38:09 pm

By the 4th qtr he'll be a dark horse Heisman contender ... good grief.

code red

What?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PonderinHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 16, 2017, 02:41:35 pm
By the 4th qtr he'll be a dark horse Heisman contender ... good grief.
He'll be known as Kellen Football by this time next week...

alohawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 02:38:09 pm

Probably at least two break away long td's right up the gut.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoglady

A&M's loss to UCLA is sure looking even worse today.

Memphis is leading UCLA 48-45 with about 7 minutes to go.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 16, 2017, 02:42:53 pm
He'll be known as Kellen Football by this time next week...

Haven't the Hogs been the "breakout game" for nearly every Aggie QB in recent memory?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on September 16, 2017, 02:44:35 pm
A&M's loss to UCLA is sure looking even worse today.

Memphis is leading UCLA 48-45 with about 7 minutes to go.
and down goes UCLA. If we lose to A&M we are not going to win 5 games.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hoghearted

Quote from: bondhue on September 16, 2017, 01:19:12 pm

I lol'd
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hoglady

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 16, 2017, 03:05:27 pm

Can't believe they held on for the win.
Figured UCLA would come back and score with that much time left.
Good win for the Memphis program.

rhames

Memphis has beaten like 3 ranked power 5 schools the past 3 years. They are legit. This isn't a surprise.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 16, 2017, 03:05:27 pm

As unpredictable as this stuff is, especially just 2-3 games in, you don't know that and neither do I. You might be right, you might be wrong.
Go Hogs Go!

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on September 16, 2017, 03:31:36 pm
Memphis has beaten like 3 ranked power 5 schools the past 3 years. They are legit. This isn't a surprise.

Yep.

Memphis beat Ole Miss in 2015,  the year they beat Bama @ Bama.  Same season as 4th and 25.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pecos Hog

Sumlin will be there.   And he'll be ready.   

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jkstock04

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 16, 2017, 03:45:11 pm
A 24 point win gets you fired??
Conventional Hogville knee jerk...the OP is probably king of the live game threads.

I agree Sumlin would've been fired had they lost today but to declare it in the 2nd quarter is classic Hogville.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys