Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Clarke -OLB

Started by YtownHog, February 12, 2016, 03:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YtownHog

I received a Twitter notification this morning that CBB and RD started following this kid.  I checked it out this afternoon and see that he did just start following CBB and RD back as well as several other college coaches.  247 has him as a 3* but he just got an Ole Miss offer and Baylor as well.  Looks like a guy that's blowing up.  Early crystal ball is 100% LSU.

Wondering if we are offering soon as well?

The_Iceman

Florida and Tennessee have offered as well.

jgphillips3

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2016, 03:48:55 pm
Florida and Tennessee have offered as well.

With that offer list piling up, he won't be a 3 star for long.

WriterWrong

Quote from: YtownHog on February 12, 2016, 03:34:23 pm
I received a Twitter notification this morning that CBB and RD started following this kid.  I checked it out this afternoon and see that he did just start following CBB and RD back as well as several other college coaches.  247 has him as a 3* but he just got an Ole Miss offer and Baylor as well.  Looks like a guy that's blowing up.  Early crystal ball is 100% LSU.

Wondering if we are offering soon as well?

Wait. You get Twitter notifications when CBB or RD follow people?  :o  I might have left that part out.

YtownHog

Quote from: WriterWrong on February 12, 2016, 05:15:09 pm

Wait. You get Twitter notifications when CBB or RD follow people?  :o  I might have left that part out.

Twitter randomly sends you alerts when a couple of people you follow start following someone.  It's very random, just started doing it a few months ago.  This is the first time it's ever done it and it be a recruit.  Because I follow a lot of Hog fans it's usually just another Hog fan.  I'm not some creeper that has alerts set to see who CBB and RD follow.

It also will send a notification of a bunch of your followers retweet something. Could probably turn it off but it's not too big of a hassle.

presidenthog

Quote from: YtownHog on February 12, 2016, 07:43:38 pm
Twitter randomly sends you alerts when a couple of people you follow start following someone.  It's very random, just started doing it a few months ago.  This is the first time it's ever done it and it be a recruit.  Because I follow a lot of Hog fans it's usually just another Hog fan.  I'm not some creeper that has alerts set to see who CBB and RD follow.

It also will send a notification of a bunch of your followers retweet something. Could probably turn it off but it's not too big of a hassle.
does it all the time for me. no reason to leave any of that out. I find new recruits all the time this way.

jackflash

If I was Arkansas wouldn't wait too long before offering

Hogs33

Quote from: jackflash on February 15, 2016, 01:55:14 pm
If I was Arkansas wouldn't wait too long before offering

A good chance we will be last.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

redeye

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 15, 2016, 02:31:22 pm

Of first, depending on the evaluation.

WriterWrong

Quote from: YtownHog on February 12, 2016, 07:43:38 pm

Gotcha. Carry on.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 15, 2016, 02:31:22 pm

Weak effort, and wrong.  But troll on.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 19, 2016, 01:49:57 pm
Weak effort, and wrong.  But troll on.

Not trying to troll, just an observation.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 19, 2016, 05:04:47 pm
Not trying to troll, just an observation.

Say what?

An observation is regarding something that has happened.  A projection is conjecture about what MIGHT happen.

Since we didn't offer last, it's not an observation, but a projection, and it was wrong.

Is English your second language?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 21, 2016, 12:38:43 pm
Say what?

An observation is regarding something that has happened.  A projection is conjecture about what MIGHT happen.

Since we didn't offer last, it's not an observation, but a projection, and it was wrong.

Is English your second language?
My observation is referring to what the staff has done in the PAST with other recruits....

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 22, 2016, 09:52:22 am
My observation is referring to what the staff has done in the PAST with other recruits....

Recruits or recruit?

colbs

Examples?  There have been some players they have held off offering due to academics but anyone else off the top of your head?

Hogs33

Quote from: colbs on February 22, 2016, 10:22:07 am
Examples?  There have been some players they have held off offering due to academics but anyone else off the top of your head?

Mainly the ones with academic problems, but if you look at these last two classes they're a few last minute offers and signees. I dunno if we were last or not but they were last minute.

colbs

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 22, 2016, 10:37:23 am
Mainly the ones with academic problems, but if you look at these last two classes they're a few last minute offers and signees. I dunno if we were last or not but they were last minute.
That's the norm for a lot of teams.  They have to keep some spots open for players they have a chance with but if they go elsewhere it opens up a spot.  Look at some of the players that Arkansas offered before anyone else like De'Jon Harris or Briston Guidry.  Then that TE that Arkansas offered before LSU seemed pretty interested in Arkansas until LSU offered.

Hogs33

Quote from: colbs on February 22, 2016, 10:59:39 am
That's the norm for a lot of teams.  They have to keep some spots open for players they have a chance with but if they go elsewhere it opens up a spot.  Look at some of the players that Arkansas offered before anyone else like De'Jon Harris or Briston Guidry.  Then that TE that Arkansas offered before LSU seemed pretty interested in Arkansas until LSU offered.

I understand, I don't follow recruiting as much as most of you and the little I do follow is just strictly who the Hogs are after, so thanks for the tidbit.

bigdaddyhawg

You were wrong, period.  And the reason you were wrong is probably due to basing your projection on one or two recruits that some on here have blown out of proportion, and you ignored the vast majority of kids who WERE offered early, many times earlier than almost all P5 programs.

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 22, 2016, 12:45:39 pm
You were wrong, period.  And the reason you were wrong is probably due to basing your projection on one or two recruits that some on here have blown out of proportion, and you ignored the vast majority of kids who WERE offered early, many times earlier than almost all P5 programs.

I am sure plenty were/are offered early, still doesn't make me wrong. Keep being a prick though if you want.

RazorPiggie

Is this about Chris Daniels?

Hogs33

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 22, 2016, 01:14:10 pm
Is this about Chris Daniels?

Not specifically no...but you could say in general yes.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 22, 2016, 01:17:40 pm

Hahahaha!!  Specifically, no, but, in general, it's about ONE GUY??!!

If I lived close to you I'd volunteer to tutor you in English for FREE!!

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 22, 2016, 01:49:36 pm
Hahahaha!!  Specifically, no, but, in general, it's about ONE GUY??!!

If I lived close to you I'd volunteer to tutor you in English for FREE!!

No thanks, your reading comprehension stinks.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 22, 2016, 04:51:23 pm
No thanks, your reading comprehension stinks.

If you're in school, start paying more attention in class, and STUDY more, too.

If you're not in school, look into taking some community college classes, or possibly get your GED.

It will pay off for you in the long run.

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 23, 2016, 07:30:48 am
If you're in school, start paying more attention in class, and STUDY more, too.

If you're not in school, look into taking some community college classes, or possibly get your GED.

It will pay off for you in the long run.
LOL

Bachelors from Arkansas Tech
Masters from UofA
PH.D  from Clemson

O yeah, make sure you clean that vomit up in aisle 3.   ;D

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 23, 2016, 08:31:15 am
LOL

Bachelors from Arkansas Tech
Masters from UofA
PH.D  from Clemson

O yeah, make sure you clean that vomit up in aisle 3.   ;D

Okay, now, tell me your degrees are in English and the signs of the end times will be complete!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hogs33 on February 22, 2016, 01:17:40 pm

So you think we just sat around and didn't recruit him until the end?

MS_HogFan

Does every thread in the recruiting area have to be like this?

We have 2 guys arguing over who knows the English language better. I bet you guys are fun to hang out with.

I really wish the MODS would clean this up. This was once a fun area to come to and try to learn a little. Now it is a pissing contest.
SOOIE

RazorPiggie

Quote from: MS_HogFan on February 23, 2016, 11:13:27 am

We have 2 guys arguing over who knows the English language better. I bet you guys are fun to hang out with.

I really wish the MODS would clean this up. This was once a fun area to come to and try to learn a little. Now it is a pissing contest.

It's getting as bad as MMQB or Jump Ball.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MS_HogFan on February 23, 2016, 11:13:27 am

Or a scolding contest, perhaps.

Mike_e

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 23, 2016, 11:23:00 am
It's getting as bad as MMQB or Jump Ball.

Nothing is as bad as jumpball.

As far as the CD thing goes, you guys do remember that we tend to keep 85 players on scholarship and 15 or 20 more as walk ons right?

If we are to the point that missing one guy breaks the program then we need to just take up tiddly-winks because the football thing would have been long over.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Hogs33

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 23, 2016, 11:10:29 am

So you think we just sat around and didn't recruit him until the end?

No, I think they did.