Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarrod Barnes

Started by WooPig90, February 11, 2016, 03:01:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WooPig90

We just offered the first in state recruit for the 2017 class. Jarrod Barnes ATH

http://247sports.com/Player/Jarrod-Barnes-83891

The Hogfather

Wow, he's fairly small.  What position is he projected to play in college?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 11, 2016, 03:03:58 pm

supposedly DB

Love those Hogs

He'll be a Hog!  Bet on it!
Hogs 4 Life!

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2016, 03:07:44 pm
supposedly DB

Figured it was DB or slot WR.  He is obviously very talented if we're offering this early.  Hope he's a Hog soon!

kibster

DB / Return guy.

This guy will be all hogs.  His older brother signed with SAU earlier in the month.  His mother just posted on facebook, "Now I will have a Mulerider and a Razorback!"
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

WooPig90

Quote from: kibster on February 11, 2016, 03:29:17 pm
DB / Return guy.

This guy will be all hogs.  His older brother signed with SAU earlier in the month.  His mother just posted on facebook, "Now I will have a Mulerider and a Razorback!"

He needs to be a silent commit, wait for bama to offer and then boom his ranking shoots up!

dhizzle

Let's see who rides the coat tails of coach B and offers next. I say the chump at USC east.

spahoopsfan

I'm betting slot receiver.  He is great with the ball in his hands. Plays quarterback at Cabot

The Hogfather

Quote from: dhizzle on February 11, 2016, 03:35:18 pm
Let's see who rides the coat tails of coach B and offers next. I say the chump at USC east.

South Carolina, Georgia, and/or Florida

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: dhizzle on February 11, 2016, 03:35:18 pm
I'm betting it's actually THREE chumps from the east. Your afore mentioned chump, along with the new clown down in Athens and the second year dullard down in Gainesville.

010HogFan

I watched his HUDL video. Definitely worth an offer. Kid has some serious wiggle.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Hawg Marshal

He definitely has some moves and speed.

Hawgzinbowlz

Congratulations to Jarrod.   " GO HOGS "

greenie

February 11, 2016, 04:53:01 pm #16 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:13:32 pm by greenie
Nice early offer.   So who is next?  Akial Byers? 
So many new names to learn.   :) Love this stuff.

Oh, and congrats to Jarrod.   :razorback:

PorkRinds

Is it pronounced Jerad or juh-rod?

Razorpigg

Was fairly certain they were recruitin this kid as a slot receiver.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 11, 2016, 03:32:47 pm
He needs to be a silent commit, wait for bama to offer and then boom his ranking shoots up!

I always think like that!!!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

whosiskid

Sometimes the measurables are out of date. Some sites had Kiel Pollard at 195 even though when he committed to use he was more like 225. Still, not a huge kid. Maybe they are figuring that with a redshirt year to start off he might gain 10 pounds. If he currently is really 175, that could mean he'd be playing CB at 185.

Makes you wonder what they are basing the offer on. Game film? Did he camp with the Hogs last summer? It would be bizarre if they were offering without a lot of prior contact. My bet is on extensive game footage.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

tophawg19

add a bit more weight and he could be a very good all purpose back. he could be a Fred Talley type guy . he has excellent speed and vision. i can't see any sign of him ever playing D-Back so i'm thinking they must be looking at him on offense .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Scott7703

Wr or CB

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2016, 06:00:08 pm
add a bit more weight and he could be a very good all purpose back. he could be a Fred Talley type guy . he has excellent speed and vision. i can't see any sign of him ever playing D-Back so i'm thinking they must be looking at him on offense .

He did, when they needed him. He's an athlete, plays basketball and baseball, too.

tophawg19

he is a good athlete for sure . seems like he could fit the role marshall played for us or the small RB ole miss had a couple years ago that could play in multiple ways
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

26.2Hog

He could still grow taller too.  My daughter grew nearly 3 inches her freshman year in college.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RazorbackToTheFuture

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3205856/highlights/297501377

Several of those long runs were Joe Adams-esque.

Side note:  I have never seen so many bad snaps in a highlight video.

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

HogNDas

We are family!...make it happen & commit Jarrod!!  WPS
:razorback:

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

rustr

I like this dude. I hope he becomes a hog.

Hogginout

I saw the kid play basketball against Central and he has a monster vertical, was wiry strong and was super quick. I was very impressed  and he completely changed the way Cabot moved the ball last season. Only issue I saw was that he seemed high maintenance but he will be a DB or WR at the next level so go be it.   
Hogs 4 Life

SamBuckhart

Wish you well, Mr. Barnes.   Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

jgphillips3

With his quickness and speed, he would be exciting in the slot.  However, if he can flip his hips at SEC level, I'd love to see him at corner.

pigture perfect

Come on Jarrod. Loved the video.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Arkamedes

Congratulations, Mr. Barnes, on the offer! Now, we would love even more to congratulate you on your commitment to the Hogs. Come on, Jarrod! Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

fullfan

Slot receiver for now and until the first week in February.  Then depending on where others we are chasing decide, he may be a 4* RB.

LAHOG1962

Very impressive film. He can fly.

mountainhog

In another thread they show the top recruits in the state, and he is not listed on it.   Everyone is saying no talent in state , which may be true but coach probably evaluates much better than some of the ranking services out there.

Maybe there will be  a few more that BB will find!

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Hogginout on February 11, 2016, 08:21:19 pm
I saw the kid play basketball against Central and he has a monster vertical, was wiry strong and was super quick. I was very impressed  and he completely changed the way Cabot moved the ball last season. Only issue I saw was that he seemed high maintenance but he will be a DB or WR at the next level so go be it.   
high maintenance?  what does that even mean?  Did he demand his own locker room with a star on it?

ricepig

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 13, 2016, 09:10:43 pm
high maintenance?  what does that even mean?  Did he demand his own locker room with a star on it?

Yeah, I don't see high maintenance and Mike Malham being something possible.

Peter Porker

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2016, 06:00:08 pm

He's doesn't have the frame to play runningback.

I'm a Cabot guy. He won't wow anyone with his 40 time. He's of a slight build. Could grow more. I don't know. His dad is reportedly very tall. His mom is short. The kid can jump and when he's on the field he is extremely hard to tackle. He's very gifted. He's made plays out of nothing. He's very good with the ball in his hands. I could also see him as a safety. He has uncanny instincts and is willing to hit. He could use more time in the weight room. He really needs to love the weight room.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2016, 09:13:24 pm
Yeah, I don't see high maintenance and Mike Malham being something possible.

You'd be surprised. He's so desperate to win he'll let stars slide on a lot.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 14, 2016, 05:10:39 pm
He's doesn't have the frame to play runningback.

I'm a Cabot guy. He won't wow anyone with his 40 time. He's of a slight build. Could grow more. I don't know. His dad is reportedly very tall. His mom is short. The kid can jump and when he's on the field he is extremely hard to tackle. He's very gifted. He's made plays out of nothing. He's very good with the ball in his hands. I could also see him as a safety. He has uncanny instincts and is willing to hit. He could use more time in the weight room. He really needs to love the weight room.

He will in college, playing 3 sports tends to lead to limited weight room time.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2016, 05:12:29 pm
He will in college, playing 3 sports tends to lead to limited weight room time.

Not at Cabot. You will put football over everything. The football players that are on the track team still do football weightlifting full time. I know he plays football and basketball, but what's the other sport?

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 14, 2016, 05:17:30 pm
Not at Cabot. You will put football over everything. The football players that are on the track team still do football weightlifting full time. I know he plays football and basketball, but what's the other sport?

I thought he played baseball, CF maybe??

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2016, 05:18:27 pm
I thought he played baseball, CF maybe??

I don't think so. I know his brother played baseball. Maybe he does. I don't really follow our baseball team since it conflicts with track.