Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville's Byers gets Bama offer

Started by Richard Davenport, February 10, 2016, 04:22:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 10, 2016, 07:47:21 pm
Guess who else offered Daniels late? Texas. 

Who said Arkansas isn't offering Akial?
Texas could afford to offer late. They were putting the icing on their top 10-15 ranked class. We, on the other hand were striking out and watching Bielema whine on TV about Florida cherry picking our 2 star DB at the last minute. Everyone knows we dropped the ball on Daniels, as well as striking out the last day.

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 08:35:22 pm
Texas could afford to offer late. They were putting the icing on their top 10-15 ranked class. We, on the other hand were striking out and watching Bielema whine on TV about Florida cherry picking our 2 star DB at the last minute. Everyone knows we dropped the ball on Daniels, as well as striking out the last day.

Maybe you should be in charge of recruiting, you seem to have such a keen sense of timing on your observations, no doubt you'd be a big hit.

Country Stylz

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 09:04:58 pm
Maybe you should be in charge of recruiting, you seem to have such a keen sense of timing on your observations, no doubt you'd be a big hit.
Same old bs line. "Maybe you could do better." Maybe you should just keep practicing your stupid one liners.

Richard Davenport

How many commitments did Texas have at the time they offered Chris?

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 09:10:58 pm
Same old bs line. "Maybe you could do better." Maybe you should just keep practicing your stupid one liners.

I'll quit saying them when you say something intelligent, which I doubt ever occurs.

Country Stylz

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 09:14:39 pm
I'll quit saying them when you say something intelligent, which I doubt ever occurs.
Good one

Country Stylz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 10, 2016, 09:12:35 pm
How many commitments did Texas have at the time they offered Chris?
They had a big finish. I'm sure they had plenty of silent in the bag. That's my guess. How many did they have? I know they did a hell of a lot better than we did.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 09:17:23 pm
They had a big finish. I'm sure they had plenty of silent in the bag. That's my guess. How many did they have? I know they did a hell of a lot better than we did.

Dude, you're arguing with Richard Davenport about Arkansas recruiting. At some point you just gotta learn when to stop.

COCHISE

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 10, 2016, 09:19:41 pm
Dude, you're arguing with Richard Davenport about Arkansas recruiting. At some point you just gotta learn when to stop.
;D

Country Stylz

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 10, 2016, 09:19:41 pm
I know. I'm done.

ImHogginIt

Akial Byers has a long way to go in the classroom. That is why no offer at this point.

Doug

Quote from: Country StylzI know. I'm done.
Ironically enough, yes, you are quite done.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

cc

Quote from: elviscat on February 10, 2016, 05:09:39 pm
This pretty damn sorry. To have a kid in our backyard and we don't offer him, and Saban comes in an made an offer. Where is our vision of our coaching staff and not see this kid. This speaks volume about our program and the lack of leadership and organization. This is horrible!!!!

The same lack of leadership that got some guys Bama and LSU wanted from out of state because they got on them early by properly evaluating talent?  They have been on him and he knows where he stands currently with the staff.

What is horrible are statements made out of ignorance.  I've seen this staff recruit up close and personal.  There are very few outside of the staff that really know what is going on in recruiting.  They are very controlled in what gets out.  When you need to know, they will let you know.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Doug on February 10, 2016, 09:42:12 pm

And the bear shows his teeth...I tried to warn the guy.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Doug on February 10, 2016, 09:42:12 pm

There are a handful of other contestants in this forum that could use the bear kicking their butts out

COCHISE

An offer from Alabama shouldn't excite any recruit anymore. It's only good until a bigger fish comes along.

Wildhog

Quote from: COCHISE on February 10, 2016, 10:07:38 pm
An offer from Alabama shouldn't excite any recruit anymore. It's only good until a bigger fish comes along.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

I have no problem with the staff waiting, though.  They've done a great job at locking down in-state talent.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

searkhogfan

HogWildBison2011

Thank you guys.. Richard and Doug. I appreciate what you guys do.

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: elviscat on February 10, 2016, 05:09:39 pm
This pretty damn sorry. To have a kid in our backyard and we don't offer him, and Saban comes in an made an offer. Where is our vision of our coaching staff and not see this kid. This speaks volume about our program and the lack of leadership and organization. This is horrible!!!!
Freak out and panic much do you ???

Vantage 8 dude

Hey, Country my computer shows you're a guest. I suppose your folks never taught you that guests in particular are supposed to mind their manners. It's called politeness.

passinghog

Is there anything wrong with Arkansas giving contingent offers to in-state players? (Contingent = non-committable) How can it be seen as a negative? The contingencies should be pretty clear, especially when it's not a physical based contingency; LSU does it all the time.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Showtimehog on February 10, 2016, 11:33:12 pm
Is there anything wrong with Arkansas giving contingent offers to in-state players? (Contingent = non-committable) How can it be seen as a negative? The contingencies should be pretty clear, especially when it's not a physical based contingency; LSU does it all the time.
Well I really don't see what that really gains. That is assuming the contingent isn't the only way to show a kid you MIGHT have an interest. I mean so you tender a "maybe" (contingent) offer. It's obviously not binding in any way. So what have you really done other than to make your potential interest public? I wonder if the same thing couldn't be accomplished by merely letting the kid know you're evaluating him and will be in contact as things develop? 

The other possibility is that CBB just has his own way and method of handling offers. While I certainly may be wrong I really don't remember him making contingent offers unless it was based something along the lines that a kid has a firm offer IF he graduates, makes a certain grade point/test scoring, or something such.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: buldozer on February 10, 2016, 07:38:23 pm
This is not surprising at all actually. This staff does not seem to start recruiting next years kids until it is next year... and then on top of that, they don't worry about the in-state kids at all... ignore them and take them for granted mostly... expecting to only use a scholly on them if others happen to notice them. He will get an offer now that this story has been published.... if he has his ACT in order that is....  :(

Complete load of crap. What a weenie.
[CENSORED]!

factchecker

February 11, 2016, 12:22:57 am #75 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:26:44 am by factchecker

What exactly is the difference between a contingent offer and open dialogue that lets the athlete know he has a scholarship once he has everything sorted?  I guess the contingent offer allows for a twitter announcement.  To me, the contingent offer is an attempt to get the athlete to commit and "reserve their spot".... don't mind the fact that some teams will revoke your scholarship on signing day.  Whereas the open dialogue tells the kid the truth about where they stand.  They aren't being led on.

What if you give a contingent offer and the kid jumps the gun and commits?  Do you embarrass the kid and put it out there that the offer was non-commitable?  Do you wait till signing day and pull a Philon fiasco and remove a scholarship from an in-state player? 

Coaches can't disclose fully why they haven't  offered an athlete, especially if it has to deal with academics.  I have zero clue as to what the hold up with Mr. Byers is,  I do know that this coaching staff doesn't slow play kids despite the hogville Chris Daniels narrative.  They are cautious with in-state recruits and it will continue to prove a good practice.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MissippHog

At what point do the some of these cry-baby Hogvillians go back to MMQB and leave our Recruiting Forum alone?  Seems it's getting dumber by the day around here.

immahog

who is this cry baby ?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: buldozer on February 10, 2016, 07:38:23 pm
This is not surprising at all actually. This staff does not seem to start recruiting next years kids until it is next year... and then on top of that, they don't worry about the in-state kids at all... ignore them and take them for granted mostly... expecting to only use a scholly on them if others happen to notice them. He will get an offer now that this story has been published.... if he has his ACT in order that is....  :(

Wow. Make stuff up much without any fact? CBB offered Gragg as a Soph.

boston butt

Maybe we can offer him a preferred walk on status. We are great at that!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Have you heard Jared and Santos talk about LSU contingent offers? They aren't to happy about it

lefty08

Quote from: boston butt on February 11, 2016, 06:34:12 am

Why are you and others so upset about a walkon program?  I don't understand it.......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 10, 2016, 05:26:33 pm
Some folks need to step back from the ledge a little... We always take care when offering in-state kids... Bama is in a different situation. They can make offers, but most all are contingent. Why do you think they only had 15 commits before NSD? Do you really think they can't fill up a class a year before NSD if they want?

Same reason they get caught offering gray shirts... they tell a kid he can commit then have to back-off.

If the Hogs offer a kid in state then did that they would get blasted... so if they offer it better be committable... period.

Calm down...  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Glad someone understands how this works.
+1 if I could
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RazorWhacker

LOL.

This is a prime example of the sheep mentality that cracks me up most days, and gets annoying as heck around NSD.

Everyone knows it, huh? Some dude on Hogville says we dropped the ball on Daniels, a few other sheep chime in and viola, it's a "well known fact".

Kevin

when will bama tell him they want to gray shirt him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ironhawg

RazorBassin

RD is my hero, that is all.  He just so happens to have a birthday coming up on Monday as well.  So Happy EARLY Birthday RD.  I share my bday with a Razorback news legend.  WPS! :razorback:

RazorPiggie

Some of you are ignorant if you don't think this staff is telling Byers what their plans are for offering. I'm sure they have told him they will "officially" offer him, if he does indeed need work in the classroom.

I'm sure the same thing was told with Hardwick (LB from Northside) this past year. Now hopefully he can go to JUCO and get his grades in order.

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 10, 2016, 09:54:56 pm
And the bear shows his teeth...I tried to warn the guy.

Crossing the Bear always leaves you out of Stylz...

longpig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 11, 2016, 07:01:07 am
Glad someone understands how this works.
+1 if I could

ditto

Apparently some in here would rather we go ugly early, have a full class by September.  Probably all subscribers to the ratings don't matter ridiculousness.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: boston butt on February 11, 2016, 06:34:12 am
Not sure whether or not your comment is meant to be sarcastic or not. However, it doesn't really matter 'cause in reality it appears we truly are EXCELLENT at attracting preferred (as well as regular) walk ons. And over time I have a very strong hunch we fans will be pleased with the results. So don't knock it if that's your intent.

southarkhog06

Doug, I don't envy you in this thread at all.

toshortrock

i like the comment on that our pre fer walk on is on fire,,lol
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Vantage 8 dude

I suspect you're one of those typical loud mouth "know-it-alls" who has not a clue of what he's typing. Yep, as if YOU and only YOU have the absolute facts as to why we handled the Daniel's situation the way we did. Of course you didn't offer us FACTS or evidence to back up your assertions that our staff "blew it" with this young man. However, that's not surprising given that making unsubstantiated claims is basically the very "DNA" of a blow hard.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 05:12:11 pm
Lol, they offer most all our in-state kids before we do. Were you not outraged when Ark St offered before us???
And then we wonder why so many of the best in-state players leave.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: lefty08 on February 11, 2016, 06:48:34 am
Why are you and others so upset about a walkon program?  I don't understand it.......
I don't think anybody is upset with the program.  I think some people look at the hype and pub given to "preferred" walk-ons and view it as it is.  Smoke, nothing but smoke. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 11, 2016, 09:39:58 am
I don't think anybody is upset with the program.  I think some people look at the hype and pub given to "preferred" walk-ons and view it as it is.  Smoke, nothing but smoke.

True. How dare anyone give kids that are willing to pay their own tuition to play for the hogs any credit. I mean, we only got two three star walk ons this past cycle. We wouldn't want to give them any love for fear of the perception of "too much smoke".

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 11, 2016, 09:38:29 am
Oh really? Please do tell and explain all those success stories of our "defectors" and what most have accomplished over a LONG period (at least two or three years) playing at other schools. Even someone like Dyer, who was a "splash" for a season, didn't last all that long as a star. So please go on and enlighten us with your insightful FACTS as to all those super stars that left the state behind.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 11, 2016, 09:39:58 am
And so what you're apparently suggesting/saying is that the program is really nothing more than just an elaborate publicity stunt that's not readily designed to offer a legitimate shot for some kids to still contribute to our program. As you say "smoke and mirrors" designed for the typical ignorant and naive fan (and even recruit) that make up the membership of the "unwashed masses". No doubt these poor souls are laughably duped into believing that CBB is really serious about developing such talent and actually putting it to use. Man, and I was actually buying into the concept. Just shows how much of a sucker I am. Thanks for enlightening me.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 11, 2016, 09:38:29 am

You got a rat in your pocket?

I've known, as have most reasonable, intelligent Hog fans exactly why SOME of the best in-state players have left.  I'm sure you do as well, but you're struggling with fitting this deal to your agenda.

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858