Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville's Byers gets Bama offer

Started by Richard Davenport, February 10, 2016, 04:22:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Not surprising.  Kid is supposed to be really good. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Razorpigg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 10, 2016, 04:25:31 pm
Not surprising.  Kid is supposed to be really good.

What is surprising is that WE havent offered this guy yet.  Right across the street from us and all the big boys are gonna be players on this kid.  You would think we would have already offered?  WOW

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 10, 2016, 04:26:55 pm
What is surprising is that WE havent offered this guy yet.  Right across the street from us and all the big boys are gonna be players on this kid.  You would think we would have already offered?  WOW

That doesn't seem to be that uncommon with our staff.  I guess the kid better show up to a Hog camp.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Not really, we'll do our due diligence and offer when it's appropriate. Alabama can offer and back off whenever they wish. As an in-state guy, we'll be slower. The good thing for the young man is he'll get a bump in the rankings with an Alabama offer.

regi

Don't worry, our preferred walk on program is on fire!

southarkhog06

ahhhhhhhhh!!!  errbody freak out!!!!!!!!!!!

elviscat

This pretty damn sorry. To have a kid in our backyard and we don't offer him, and Saban comes in an made an offer. Where is our vision of our coaching staff and not see this kid. This speaks volume about our program and the lack of leadership and organization. This is horrible!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: elviscat on February 10, 2016, 05:09:39 pm
This pretty damn sorry. To have a kid in our backyard and we don't offer him, and Saban comes in an made an offer. Where is our vision of our coaching staff and not see this kid. This speaks volume about our program and the lack of leadership and organization. This is horrible!!!!
Lol, they offer most all our in-state kids before we do. Were you not outraged when Ark St offered before us???

Bubba's Bruisers

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 05:12:11 pm
Lol, they offer most all our in-state kids before we do. Were you not outraged when Ark St offered before us???

Well, we don't compete with ASU for recruits, so we don't take them seriously.  Not saying we should have offered by now, of course.

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

pigskenG

he's probably one of about 180 that Bama has offered scholarships to for 2017 (and won't be the last).  Impress the kid now, take it back next January when you decide he isn't good enough or he doesn't make your top 25.

Nosboar Accubond

Some folks need to step back from the ledge a little... We always take care when offering in-state kids... Bama is in a different situation. They can make offers, but most all are contingent. Why do you think they only had 15 commits before NSD? Do you really think they can't fill up a class a year before NSD if they want?

Same reason they get caught offering gray shirts... they tell a kid he can commit then have to back-off.

If the Hogs offer a kid in state then did that they would get blasted... so if they offer it better be committable... period.

Calm down...  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Nosboar Accubond

Oh, and MORE IMPORTANTLY - congrats for the kid - I'm sure he is very excited to get this kind of recognition.

WooPig  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Mike_e

Quote from: pigskenG on February 10, 2016, 05:19:30 pm
he's probably one of about 180 that Bama has offered scholarships to for 2017 (and won't be the last).  Impress the kid now, take it back next January when you decide he isn't good enough or he doesn't make your top 25.

Annnd there you go.

If you don't play bait and switch with kids you have to make sure you really want to offer them.

Bamma has been running a con game with recruits for a long time.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 10, 2016, 05:14:02 pm
Well, we don't compete with ASU for recruits, so we don't take them seriously.  Not saying we should have offered by now, of course.

Ok, how about the Miss. St offer then?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 05:32:51 pm

Nope, MSU is not a legit competitor for our in-state kids.  And I'm not outraged we haven't offered him.   

presidenthog

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 05:32:51 pm
they confused him for will gragg and offered...

searkhogfan

Quote from: elviscat on February 10, 2016, 05:09:39 pm

Some of you are just PLAIN STUPID..  Woo Pig

WaltonCollege

Quote from: regi on February 10, 2016, 04:31:15 pm
Don't worry, our preferred walk on program is on fire!

Haha furreal. This dude needed to be offered months back.

fullfan

There will probably be 120+ kids in the 2017 class that can say they have a Bama offer.  They can't take them all and most could not commit if they wanted to.

It's kind of like someone running a thread saying the Hogs signed 7 kids with Bama offers.  Over 100 kids signed with other schools in 2016 that had Bama offers as well.

Byers will no doubt get a Hog offer and when he does it will be commitable.   Then Bama websites can get excited that they have offered a kid with a Hog offer!  WPS. :razorback: :D

Positive Pete

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 10, 2016, 04:28:33 pm
That doesn't seem to be that uncommon with our staff.  I guess the kid better show up to a Hog camp.
Missing out on big recruits isn't either. I know I know Collins, Kirkland, Whaley, Agim, etc. 2-3 a class don't matter when teams at the top are getting 5-10

passinghog

I understand we don't want to make any mistakes with in state kids because we can't really rescind an offer. But my question is this, how long does it take for us to do our homework? He's right across the street. He either is or isn't an SEC player.

DLUXHOG

Bama boards are probably lighting it up with, "why are we offering a guy that isn't even on Arkansas radar yet"......."our recruiting is in the sh*tter"
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Country Stylz

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 04:30:38 pm
Not really, we'll do our due diligence and offer when it's appropriate. Alabama can offer and back off whenever they wish. As an in-state guy, we'll be slower. The good thing for the young man is he'll get a bump in the rankings with an Alabama offer.
Like we did with Daniels? Due diligence? How bout get your ass in gear?

HogNDas

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 06:38:37 pm

My thoughts too...the fact Bama out recruits us may be because they "out work" us!...Come on CBB, get with it! 

Porked Tongue

Relax people.

This is just a mind game from Saban & Co.  Byers is a good player who didn't play his soph season.  CBB and staff know all about him.  There is a long way to go in his recruiting process and lots of discovery left.

Richard Davenport

There's always more to the story than meets the eye.

It's easy to offer out-of-state kids. You don't have to honor it. Arkansas has extended offers to kids that major in-state school or schools haven't. It happens in all states.

Once you offer an in-state kid you better be all in because there's no going back. I believe Akial will get an offer when everything is in order.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 10, 2016, 06:53:05 pm
Relax people.

This is just a mind game from Saban & Co.  Byers is a good player who didn't play his soph season.  CBB and staff know all about him.  There is a long way to go in his recruiting process and lots of discovery left.
Well at least the kid has instate street cred with the Bama offer so good for him.

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 06:38:37 pm

How about you hit Coach B on twitter on tell him that? Looks like we've only offered 1 DT, and he's not rated yet, maybe it isn't a high priority? Bama has offered 13, how many do you think they will sign?

COCHISE

Country Stylz

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 06:59:53 pm
How about you hit Coach B on twitter on tell him that? Looks like we've only offered 1 DT, and he's not rated yet, maybe it isn't a high priority? Bama has offered 13, how many do you think they will sign?
Na, he should all ready know who the kid is. Why have we only offered 1 DT?

Country Stylz

And I thought the instate class was suppose to be weak? Here comes Bama sneaking through the perimeter already. There's another kid Biddy was talking about on Twitter last week. Lemme dig him up. Cualan Williams from Stamps. We need to put some due diligence on this guy. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6459560/highlights/290919375

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 07:02:19 pm
Na, he should all ready know who the kid is. Why have we only offered 1 DT?

Another question for you to ask, lol.

bigdaddyhawg

Some of you guys' agendas are showing.

Just because there's been no formal offer from the University of Arkansas doesn't mean that our staff is not talking to this kid, building a relationship with him, preparing to get him on board. You guys need to get a clue.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

buldozer

What is surprising is that WE havent offered this guy yet. 
This is not surprising at all actually. This staff does not seem to start recruiting next years kids until it is next year... and then on top of that, they don't worry about the in-state kids at all... ignore them and take them for granted mostly... expecting to only use a scholly on them if others happen to notice them. He will get an offer now that this story has been published.... if he has his ACT in order that is....  :(

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 07:11:42 pm
And I thought the instate class was suppose to be weak? Here comes Bama sneaking through the perimeter already. There's another kid Biddy was talking about on Twitter last week. Lemme dig him up. Cualan Williams from Stamps. We need to put some due diligence on this guy. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6459560/highlights/290919375

Do you seriously think they don't know who the kids are in the state? I'm sorry, but half of you just don't make sense. Barry travels the state during the contact period and during the spring. He knew about Cualan as a sophomore, but he wasn't playing football.

After a few games, Barry was on him again and inviting him to games. I wrote about him in early Oct. and below is a story after he visited for the Auburn game.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/oct/27/williams-first-college-game-amazing/

Richard Davenport

Quote from: buldozer on February 10, 2016, 07:38:23 pm
This is not surprising at all actually. This staff does not seem to start recruiting next years kids until it is next year... and then on top of that, they don't worry about the in-state kids at all... ignore them and take them for granted mostly... expecting to only use a scholly on them if others happen to notice them. He will get an offer now that this story has been published.... if he has his ACT in order that is....  :(

Akial attended some games this past season. They've been recruiting him.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 10, 2016, 07:31:26 pm

Just because there's been no formal offer from the University of Arkansas doesn't mean that our staff is not talking to this kid, building a relationship with him, preparing to get him on board. You guys need to get a clue.

Country Stylz

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 10, 2016, 07:31:26 pm

No agenda. Didn't like us offering Daniels at the end of recruiting like we're all that. Do what you want coaches. I don't like the thought of Bama coming in and stealing another one. But I'm probably over reacting.

bphi11ips

The ink's not dry on 2016 LOIs and you guys are arguing about 2017. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 10, 2016, 07:42:38 pm
No agenda. Didn't like us offering Daniels at the end of recruiting like we're all that. Do what you want coaches. I don't like the thought of Bama coming in and stealing another one. But I'm probably over reacting.

Guess who else offered Daniels late? Texas. 

Who said Arkansas isn't offering Akial?

31to6

February 10, 2016, 07:47:31 pm #44 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:22:33 pm by 31to6
CBB has a longstanding policy of not offering in-state athletes unless and until the staff is ready to take their commitment--which means they have been fully evaluated, been to camp, often has been on multiple unofficial visits, etc. The staff does extra due-diligence with in-state athletes because they don't ever want to slow-play them or damage a coaching relationship by having to pull an offer or ask an in-state guy who committed to grey shirt at the last minute.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 10, 2016, 07:47:21 pm
Guess who else offered Daniels late? Texas. 

Who said Arkansas isn't offering Akial?
Nobody said we aren't offering him.

Hoggish1

What is surprising is that WE havent offered this guy yet.

What's not surprising is you saying it's surprising... 

Hawgar The Horrible

Some of ya'll are more emotional than a 15 year old, pregnant widow.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

RazorPiggie

Love RD coming out swinging at goobers!

FANONTHEHILL

People need to calm down.  Segrest has a son at FHS and has seen Byars in person more  than 99.9% of the people on this board.  They will offer if/when they are ready.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015