Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OL Grad Transfer Tyler Catalina

Started by scruf, February 10, 2016, 02:08:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Tyler Catalina, a 6'6", 298 pound, true LT, committed to Iowa State but hasn't signed any paperwork yet. Coach KA just started following him on Twitter in the last 24 hours. He may be late to the party...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/auburn-florida-georgia-iowa-st-tyler-catalina-ol-graduate-transfer-020916

Hoggish1

Quote from: scruf on February 10, 2016, 02:08:41 pm
Tyler Catalina, a 6'6", 298 pound, true LT, committed to Iowa State but hasn't signed any paperwork yet. Coach KA just started following him on Twitter in the last 24 hours. He may be late to the party...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/auburn-florida-georgia-iowa-st-tyler-catalina-ol-graduate-transfer-020916

What does True LT mean?

PorkRinds

scruf

The_Iceman

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 10, 2016, 02:32:02 pm
What does True LT mean?

At Arkansas, that would mean light tackle, at 298lbs.

WooPig90

WaltonCollege

February 10, 2016, 03:10:13 pm #7 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:31:17 pm by WaltonCollege
How are we so late to the party? We have a dire need of O Tackles this guy needed to be contacted right away. WTH are EK and Daniel Bush doing?

WaltonCollege

Auburn is doing a little Kurt Anderson with their funny tweets:
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/herb-hand-catalina-wine-mixer-will-ferrell/

But ya Im sure he has gotten the whole Catalina winemixer everyday the past ten years.

monty hawg

The following is an article from today's al.com.  Toward the bottom of the article there is a story about his commitment to Iowa State.  He signed a Financial Aid agreement.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/the_catalina_o-line_mixer_aubu.html#incart_river_index

WaltonCollege

Those bind the school to him but not vice versa, he's free to leave.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

regi

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 10, 2016, 04:36:25 pm
Those bind the school to him but not vice versa, he's free to leave.
Yep, but if he DOES and it turns out the school has been in contact with him outside the normal times of "no speakee, no seeie", then the school can be penalized. And I've never understood that ludicrous, moronic rule.

nwahogfan1

Super.  maybe we will get a visit but  I wonder how many visits he has left?  I think you only get 5.  If we really want this kid I hope we can beat out Pittman.  That would be sweet.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 10, 2016, 03:10:13 pm
How are we so late to the party? We have a dire need of O Tackles this guy needed to be contacted right away. WTH are EK and Daniel Bush doing?

You are such a hysterical goob. It is entertaining. If anything is even close to as bad as you say - about everything - why not just give up? ROFLMAO.
[CENSORED]!

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 10, 2016, 06:51:19 pm
You are such a hysterical goob. It is entertaining. If anything is even close to as bad as you say - about everything - why not just give up? ROFLMAO.

Skipper- Proven SEC tackle
B Wallace- Little SEC experience
Gibson- Little to no SEC experience
Ramirez- no SEC experience

If you're happy with our tackle depth man that's awesome I'm just saying wishing we were a little more defined there. O Tackle is one of our glaring concerns.

CDBHawg

February 11, 2016, 03:35:10 am #17 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:48:37 am by CDBHawg
Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 10, 2016, 07:10:05 pm

If you're happy with our tackle depth man that's awesome I'm just saying wishing we were a little more defined there. O Tackle is one of our glaring concerns.

It's college football. You can't sign guys to 7 year contracts. We got 3 years out of Kirkland, 4 out of Skipper. That's about as much of experience as you can hope for.

How was it possible for Wallace to have experience when he's behind two 3 year staters in the OL?

At some point you have to look at the guys you've recruited and hope they step up. Every team is in the same scenario at one position or another.

Next year it will be at RT instead of LT with Skipper graduating. And it will probably be someone with little to no SEC experience.

Reed had no SEC experience. He worked out. Ledbetter. The same. Morgan, very little. The same.

Replacing players are a part of NCAAF.

As far as depth:
Skipper
Wallace
Gibson
Jackson
Ramirez

It also appears we're trying to bring in one more.

MissippHog

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 10, 2016, 07:10:05 pm

Yeah, but:
Tyler Catalina - no SEC experience

justmakeit2thebcs

They should send out a personalized email to every recruit in the country. Followed up with a hand written letter via snail mail.  Offer each one a scholarship, then check out grades, references, family, friends to see if they are #Uncommon.  If they don't check out, we just pull the offer.  #noclue

RazorPiggie

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 11, 2016, 08:41:05 am
They should send out a personalized email to every recruit in the country. Followed up with a hand written letter via snail mail.  Offer each one a scholarship, then check out grades, references, family, friends to see if they are #Uncommon.  If they don't check out, we just pull the offer.  #noclue

huh? Are you suggesting we offer without checking character or grades first then pull it if they don't?

That's a good way to piss people off.

Hopefully you're just being sarcastic.

justmakeit2thebcs

February 11, 2016, 09:08:29 am #21 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:44:10 pm by justmakeit2thebcs
Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 11, 2016, 09:05:05 am
huh? Are you suggesting we offer without checking character or grades first then pull it if they don't?

That's a good way to piss people off.

Hopefully you're just being sarcastic.
LOL....yes.  just responding to the "fill in the blank" that was on EK

Vantage 8 dude

Simple: they've been waiting for your instructions and guidance. In the future would you please be more proactive and let them know ahead of time of what they should do? We'd all feel better about our chances with every recruit.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 10, 2016, 06:51:19 pm

I think it's fair to wonder out loud why we wouldn't be on this young man earlier considering our lack of overall OL depth. 

opineonswine

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2016, 03:11:14 pm
I think it's fair to wonder out loud why we wouldn't be on this young man earlier considering our lack of overall OL depth.

Probably lazy and don't care.

The_Boot_stops_here

WaltonCollege

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2016, 09:20:36 am
Simple: they've been waiting for your instructions and guidance. In the future would you please be more proactive and let them know ahead of time of what they should do? We'd all feel better about our chances with every recruit.

They stopped listening to me man. If it were up to me cuffee would have been sent home and not be allowed to continue his visit.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 11, 2016, 04:16:27 pm
They stopped listening to me man. If it were up to me cuffee would have been sent home and not be allowed to continue his visit.
I'll agree with you there no doubt. Yep, if I had been the HC and Cuffee tried pulling that crap as soon as I found out about it he'd have his butt back on the next plane, bus or whatever out of town. Then again, I figure that CBB is likely too nice and that's assuming he even knew about it.

WJBilly

Quote from: MissippHog on February 11, 2016, 04:56:16 am
Yeah, but:
+1 but also a -1 for beating me to it. ;)

WaltonCollege

Quote from: MissippHog on February 11, 2016, 04:56:16 am
Yeah, but:

Yeah, but:
He has 33 career starts and was 2nd All-Conference. Even if at URI that's proven game experience which is invaluable. And 3 other SEC teams are after him so...he might decent. We need as many bodies as we can take at tackle, need to find a LT and a swing who can play both in case one needs rest or due to injury.

Darren DeLoach

Hey, do you guys remember the good Ole days?  When the Recruiting forum was full of great conversation and information? We all laughed at the cluster that was MMQB. Oh how the times have changed.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

CDBHawg

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 11, 2016, 07:02:24 pm
Yeah, but:
He has 33 career starts and was 2nd All-Conference. Even if at URI that's proven game experience which is invaluable. And 3 other SEC teams are after him so...he might decent. We need as many bodies as we can take at tackle, need to find a LT and a swing who can play both in case one needs rest or due to injury.

Wallace may be the guy.  Gibson the swing. Maybe Ramirez. Maybe Jackson.

Like I said earlier, hard for guys to get experience while sitting behind three year starters.

Biggus Piggus

HE IS A GRAD TRANSFER. Good lord.
[CENSORED]!

Exit Pursued by a Boar

You do know a football staff can't recruit players on other teams, which a graduate transfer obviously is.

EFBAB

Polecat

Related to former A-State hoops coach Nelson Catalina?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

WaltonCollege

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 12, 2016, 06:51:39 am
You do know a football staff can't recruit players on other teams, which a graduate transfer obviously is.

EFBAB

Not really sure what you mean. Auburn is tweeting the kid to me that is a form of recruiting. We should have known about this kid earlier and been more proactive.

STLhawg

February 12, 2016, 11:32:38 am #36 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:52:02 am by STLhawgg
Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 12, 2016, 10:18:55 am
Not really sure what you mean. Auburn is tweeting the kid to me that is a form of recruiting. We should have known about this kid earlier and been more proactive.
My goodness, when has allbarn EVER followed the rules?

From NCAA.org:

• Q: Why can't coaches contact student-athletes on other NCAA teams about transferring?
    A: The NCAA prohibits contact between coaches and student-athletes on other teams to prevent continuous recruiting of student-athletes.

and

• Q: What are the rules regarding permission to contact another school?
    A: Generally, student-athletes enrolled as full-time students must get written permission from their athletics director before contacting another institution.

lefty08

LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

PorkRinds

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 15, 2016, 05:41:49 pm
Pitt doing work.

Obviously it was Chaney, look at what he did this year here, without him......

PorkRinds

9/10 times I'd rather not take a kid that only has one year to play.

PonderinHog

Zit is what zit is...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 15, 2016, 05:56:59 pm
9/10 times I'd rather not take a kid that only has one year to play.

The 1/10 being Russell Wilson?

KlubhouseKonnected

This is going to be a recurring thing isn't it?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

Literally the only thing connecting us to this kid was a twitter follow by Anderson.  We were never really in the picture, so it's not like we got beat out by anyone.  But yes, it will be a recurring theme that Georgia gets players.

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 16, 2016, 09:25:07 am
But yes, it will be a recurring theme that Georgia gets players.

My thoughts exactly.  They always get good players and "beat" a lot of other good programs for them.