Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Violations under Hugh Freeze

Started by WaltonCollege, February 09, 2016, 09:40:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

jgphillips3

Considering it breaks right after NSD, I'm guessing zero impact on recruiting and a slap on the wrist.  The NCAA hasn't had the cajones to do anything serious in years.

AugustaHog

We should take note.  If they get off with a mild scolding, we need to start cheating like crazy.  If they won't hammer Ole Miss, who is a small fish like us, there is no penalty for blatant, unabashed cheating.

hobhog

Nothing seems to happen anymore.....no effect.

31to6

AugustaHog

Quote from: 31to6 on February 09, 2016, 10:04:12 pm
Cars for (five)Stars.
Hey if Bama and LSU want to dole out Chargers left and right, let's pass out Corvettes like candy.

hawgwash

But but but I thought most of the football violations were BEFORE Hugh Freeze?
??? ??? ??? ???

bondhue

I saw a thread get locked by a mod because someone posted a pic of an Ole Miss recruit flashing $100's.  Should I say bye now?
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bondhue on February 09, 2016, 10:32:31 pm
I saw a thread get locked by a mod because someone posted a pic of an Ole Miss recruit flashing $100's.  Should I say bye now?
Whattttt???? You mean Ole Miss ran out of $1,000 bills to hand out? Their "recruiting budget" get cut back or something? :'( :-X :-\ >:(   Must have REALLY been a major pay day this past NSD. Gee....but who knew (expect the rest of the country.

mckinneyhog5

Regardless of what the NCAA does its now known that Ole Miss is a bunch of cheaters.  They're just happy not getting the "lack of institutional control."  They're actually proud of their cheating.  Lol
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Love those Hogs

If the penalty isn't severe and it gets us those 5* guys I say go for it. It's obviously happening just about everywhere.
Hogs 4 Life!

Torqued pork

February 10, 2016, 04:02:28 am #11 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:18:12 am by Torqued pork
We ride our moral high horse so proudly we would give ourselves excessive self-imposed sanctions for extra fillets and hushpuppies.

immahog

I would rather do things the right way and be 8-5 than cheat and be 10-3
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

lefty08

Quote from: immahog on February 10, 2016, 05:36:18 am
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

rljjr

Sooooooo ... all that cheating and we've still punked them two years in a row.

Oliver

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 09, 2016, 09:53:10 pm
We should take note.  If they get off with a mild scolding, we need to start cheating like crazy.  If they won't hammer Ole Miss, who is a small fish like us, there is no penalty for blatant, unabashed cheating.

Being afraid of what the NCAA will punish you with should be the last thing you are afraid of if you are cheating or thinking about cheating.  I think everybody knows this including us.  That's not why we are choosing to not cheat like Ole Miss.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: rljjr on February 10, 2016, 06:24:39 am
Sooooooo ... all that cheating and we've still punked them two years in a row.

pretty much.

Hoggish1

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 09, 2016, 10:15:32 pm
Hey if Bama and LSU want to dole out Chargers left and right, let's pass out Corvettes like candy.

Fine and F- for critical thinking.  Because if everyone passes out corvettes like candy, everybody is simply running in place...  And then somebody (olepiss) will give out motor homes and then where are we all over again...?

sowmonella

I would like to know if the investigation included recruiting in the 2016 class?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The Hawg Marshal

Nothing will happen to them of any significance.

southarkhog06

you are about to get bashed and accused of being on a moral high horse and having a losers mentality.

I agree with you, btw

Hoggish1

Correct.  And, we should have been 10-3, anyhow.  We simply need to prepare better early in the season and beat aTm.  If that had happened we would have actually been 11-2...

Mike_e

If they do go down, do you think that they would mind taking awburn with them?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HogNDas

Let's not get too excited!  Here are the violations that occurred during CHF's tenure..
---------------------------------------------

1. Illegal contact
2. Improper video
3. Hotel for step father
4. Transportation by a booster

They got that in a 3-year investigation.  Pretty sure you could get those violations in 3 years on ANY campus...

I still maintain it is a "witch hunt" initiated by either MSU or Bama....If we continue to increase our win total each year, specifically beating bama, we will be next...

Throw in media "sensationalism" and you've got it!....

Amazing coincidence that Mark Emmert is Pres of NCAA and chancellor at LSU when Satan was hired.....then add in that the announcement was 5 days before NSD.....hmmmmmmmm!!!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 10, 2016, 04:02:28 am
We ride our moral high horse so proudly we would give ourselves excessive self-imposed sanctions for extra fillets and hushpuppies.
Classic.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on February 10, 2016, 09:04:52 am
Let's not get too excited!  Here are the violations that occurred during CHF's tenure..

1. Illegal contact
2. Improper video
3. Hotel for step father

They got that in a 3-year investigation.  Pretty sure you could get those violations in 3 years on ANY campus...

I still maintain it is a "witch hunt" initiated by either MSU or Bama....If we continue to increase our win total each year, specifically beating bama, we will be next...

Amazing coincidence that Mark Emmert is Pres of NCAA and chancellor at LSU when Satan was hired.....then add in that the announcement was 5 days before NSD.....hmmmmmmmm!!!!!

So, you're read the letter from the NCAA to Ole Miss, do you have a link?

HOGINTENNESSEE

1. Illegal contact
2. Improper video
3. Hotel for step father

This is stupid. We finished number 5 in 2011 no NCAA investigation.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 09:40:31 am

So, you're read the letter from the NCAA to Ole Miss, do you have a link?

Sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Chris Low on Tuesday that Ole Miss was not cited for the more serious failure to monitor charge, and that Freeze was not personally named in any of the charges.

Of the 13 violations involving football, four involve the current staff and were self-reported by Ole Miss, which also took steps to self-impose penalties in some cases, sources told ESPN.com. Those four violations include a violation of the "bump rule," which says coaches can't have contact with a recruit during a designated non-contact evaluation period, an improper recruiting video made outside the locker room, a person the NCAA considers a booster illegally transporting a recruit to campus and a stepfather of a recruit having his lodging paid for during an official visit. That last rule has since been changed by the NCAA.

here's what I found....Chris Low ESPN article...I think that an FOI has been requested for the NOA & Ole Pi$$ has 30 days to provide....not sure on that however...

HogNDas

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2016, 09:42:20 am
This is stupid. We finished number 5 in 2011 no NCAA investigation.

We've NEVER finished #5 in recruiting that I can recall...enlighten me please...

greenie

The most egregious OM offenses, I'm sure, have not been uncovered.  The only evidence is the results of it (landing too many big recruits for their program).  The stuff that the NCAA is accusing them of now is nothing, thus the penalty will be minimal, if anything at all.  I feel confident that somewhere in the last 4 years, some OM booster was committing SMU-level offenses.  Does Freeze know about it?  At a minimum, I'm sure he suspects, but is diligent to maintain credible deniability. 

Nothing will happen to them...unless, someone gets really sloppy or angry/vindictive about something and then gives direct info (e.g. Sean Stopperich, David Stanley).  Unlikely.

HogNDas

Quote from: greenie on February 10, 2016, 09:53:32 am
The most egregious OM offenses, I'm sure, have not been uncovered.  The only evidence is the results of it (landing too many big recruits for their program).  The stuff that the NCAA is accusing them of now is nothing, thus the penalty will be minimal, if anything at all.  I feel confident that somewhere in the last 4 years, some OM booster was committing SMU-level offenses.  Does Freeze know about it?  At a minimum, I'm sure he suspects, but is diligent to maintain credible deniability. 

Nothing will happen to them...unless, someone gets really sloppy or angry/vindictive about something and then gives direct info (e.g. Sean Stopperich, David Stanley).  Unlikely.
agree, but this is all we have for now...anything else is speculation & assumption...

Vantage 8 dude

Love it and I can see it now: Ole Misery's "self-imposed" recruiting penalties will involve the severe reduction of recruiting pay offs from the $1,000 per in home and/or on campus visits to $100.00. This will really put a meaningful dent in their efforts.  >:( :-X :'( :puke:

BTW these penalties will be in place for the next month and Freeze has agree not to repeat said offenses for at least two weeks. That will show all who care that he really means business in terms of cleaning up any questionable tactics. No doubt the NCAA will be immensely impressed!

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on February 10, 2016, 09:44:12 am
Sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Chris Low on Tuesday that Ole Miss was not cited for the more serious failure to monitor charge, and that Freeze was not personally named in any of the charges.

Of the 13 violations involving football, four involve the current staff and were self-reported by Ole Miss, which also took steps to self-impose penalties in some cases, sources told ESPN.com. Those four violations include a violation of the "bump rule," which says coaches can't have contact with a recruit during a designated non-contact evaluation period, an improper recruiting video made outside the locker room, a person the NCAA considers a booster illegally transporting a recruit to campus and a stepfather of a recruit having his lodging paid for during an official visit. That last rule has since been changed by the NCAA.

here's what I found....Chris Low ESPN article...I think that an FOI has been requested for the NOA & Ole Pi$$ has 30 days to provide....not sure on that however...

I've read all the reports citing "sources say", most say 9 violations were under the current coach, so I don't think we can say one way or another what all the violations were. And no, I don't expect anything big will come out of this, but I'll hold off judgment until all the allegations are out.

SemperFi

In addition, Ole Miss also hired Shea Patterson's brother away from LSU once he committed to Ole Miss and the NCAA has interviewed Chris Jones (MSU commit) about possible recruiting violations while visiting the Ole Miss campus. Something sure does stink in Oxford.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Kicking Wing

1. Illegal contact
2. Improper video
3. Hotel for step father

Shhhhh... you are messing up a good story.

SemperFi

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

HogNDas

Quote from: SemperFi on February 10, 2016, 10:18:40 am
In addition, Ole Miss also hired Shea Patterson's brother away from LSU once he committed to Ole Miss and the NCAA has interviewed Chris Jones (MSU commit) about possible recruiting violations while visiting the Ole Miss campus. Something sure does stink in Oxford.
msu hired 5 star DE recruit Jeffery Simmon's HS coach the day after NSD....Rashan Gary's HS coach is now on the Mich staff.... LSU hired Shea Patterson's brother...that stuff goes on everywhere and from what I know, is not illegal, but certainly ethically questionable...The Chris Jones situation may get interesting though!!!.... Ole Pi$$ thought they had C Jones.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SemperFi on February 10, 2016, 10:25:15 am
UT is in huge trouble if this is actually true.

I'll stick with the caliber of young men that Coach B and his staff recruit over the thugs and the play for pay players that these other institutions are bringing in.
How can this even possibly be true....I mean Butch Jones being such a fine and upstanding kind of guy that he is (at least according to some delusionals on here).

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SemperFi on February 10, 2016, 10:25:15 am
UT is in huge trouble if this is actually true.

I'll stick with the caliber of young men that Coach B and his staff recruit over the thugs and the play for pay players that these other institutions are bringing in.
But, but, but.....that's not the point. For some it matters not what type of high caliber kid you may have on your team. It's ONLY EVER about the record and winning don't ya' know ??? :puke:

razorbackfanatic

Where's Nick Nolte when we need him? All we need is a Ricky Roe, Butch McRae and Neon Boudreaux!

buldozer

Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2016, 10:21:27 pm
But but but I thought most of the football violation$ were BEFORE Hugh Free$e?
??? ??? ??? ???
There I fixed it for you...

scruf

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 10, 2016, 02:31:50 pm
Where's Nick Nolte when we need him? All we need is a Ricky Roe, Butch McRae and Neon Boudreaux!

I just Blue Chips.

ROASHE

Quote from: ricepig on February 10, 2016, 10:14:36 am
I've read all the reports citing "sources say", most say 9 violations were under the current coach, so I don't think we can say one way or another what all the violations were. And no, I don't expect anything big will come out of this, but I'll hold off judgment until all the allegations are out.

The other violations under Freeze were the Leramy Tunsil stuff that had him suspended 7 games during this past season.

ricepig

Quote from: ROASHE on February 10, 2016, 03:03:55 pm
The other violations under Freeze were the Leramy Tunsil stuff that had him suspended 7 games during this past season.

Ok, I think I'll wait until they are made public, not what someone has said they were. If they are nothing, why hasn't OM come out with them in detail?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogNDas on February 10, 2016, 09:46:30 am
We've NEVER finished #5 in recruiting that I can recall...enlighten me please...

"Still maintain it is a "witch hunt" initiated by either MSU or Bama....If we continue to increase our win total each year, specifically beating bama, we will be next..."

This was your statement Moron. You said nothing about top 5 classes.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2016, 03:29:37 pm
"Still maintain it is a "witch hunt" initiated by either MSU or Bama....If we continue to increase our win total each year, specifically beating bama, we will be next..."

This was your statement Moron. You said nothing about top 5 classes.

I think he was mainly speaking in the context of recruiting, though...it's the main point of the thread. 

OM has been trending way up on the recruiting trail for a few years now, and they're starting to see obvious upward trending results on the field.  I suspect they go head to head with Bama and MSU in recruiting much more than we do...and win those battles much more than we do.  OM has also been beating them on the field lately too.  OM is a significantly bigger threat to Bama and MSU than we are right now. 

Our 1 top 5 year isn't close to being the same as OM's current trajectory.

Now, that doesn't mean I buy the conspiracy that Bama and MSU put the NCAA up to this.  Or that we'd be next if we start winning at a higher level in recruiting and on the field.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

regi

My understanding, is OleMiss is trying to close out the Tunsil investigation. NCAA is saying no. The minor violations they are copping to, are not enough. They will lose scholarship on the Tunsil allegations alonw.

Now, 5 more coaches turned in OleMiss during this past recruiting cycle for violations seperate from the 13 allegations they are already under investigation for.

Ole Miss got greedy, they could not stop or control their boosters or Chris Kiffin.

regi

BTW...Tunsil did not miss 7 games because of a hotel room for his step dad and for keeping a rental car to long.

It is second class citizen Ole Miss. They have not won a Conference title since 1962!!!!! They ARE NOT CAPABLE of bringing in these type recruiting classes without cheating. Just how it is.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 10, 2016, 08:30:13 am
Fine and F- for critical thinking.  Because if everyone passes out corvettes like candy, everybody is simply running in place...  And then somebody (olepiss) will give out motor homes and then where are we all over again...?
Not sure about the motor homes but I can bet a double wide of two would certainly impress 'em  ;) 8)