Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Coach

Started by Huds_HawgTide, February 09, 2016, 12:50:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SkeeterHawg

What about this guy, with CBB you can never go for the obvious.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Chris-Foster-1654

Paul

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 10, 2016, 01:29:16 am
What about this guy, with CBB you can never go for the obvious.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Chris-Foster-1654

CBB has only hired 2 coaches that had never coached at a school in a P5 conference before. And both had coached in the NFL for atleast 3 seasons

HogShat

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 09, 2016, 10:00:07 pm
Probably does it with a slush fund....

Very nice... Green Apple flavored?

Redhogs

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2016, 01:47:18 pm
Yeah, Auburn family, and we don't need another in-state recruiter.
Yep.....NEVER want him here. Had interaction with him a football camp...not good.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

yraciv

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 10, 2016, 06:12:51 am
CBB has only hired 2 coaches that had never coached at a school in a P5 conference before. And both had coached in the NFL for atleast 3 seasons

Not sure I'd count Lunney's 2 seasons as a GA as P5 experience, but I guess technically you are right. I'd expect this coach to come in with P5 or NFL experience based on how much of an emphasis it is to Bielema's system.

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 10, 2016, 12:56:09 pm #56 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:50:38 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: yraciv on February 10, 2016, 12:24:09 pm
Not sure I'd count Lunney's 2 seasons as a GA as P5 experience, but I guess technically you are right. I'd expect this coach to come in with P5 or NFL experience based on how much of an emphasis it is to Bielema's system.

He was RB coach here under Nutt when Danny had his health issues.

I was counting that. I can understand if you don't as it was basically only as a temp.

But he did coach the bowl game, recruited all the way to signing day and coached all of spring.

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on February 09, 2016, 08:09:48 pm
All I want is a proven recruiter.  Doesn't have to be anyone in particular.  Just a guy that we know, for a fact, is a good recruiter.

Ok, I will do it...

HogNDas

No need to speculate on the hire...patience...and trust in CBB....(even if he has too much experience in hiring assistants!) :razorback:

The_Boot_stops_here

yraciv

Quote from: HogNDas on February 10, 2016, 01:20:25 pm
No need to speculate on the hire...patience...and trust in CBB....(even if he has too much experience in hiring assistants!) :razorback:

I don't get why people say this. Speculating this stuff is entertaining, and this is a message board built for that. Makes our fanbase more informed and knowledgable about whats out there.  Obviously Coach B isn't listening to us and 90% of us will probably be wrong, but take anything on here with a grain of salt.  I think the majority of us trust in Coach B and know how to handle this.

The_Boot_stops_here

Mike Locksley, Reggie Mitchell, Cornell Jackson.  Names to supposedly watch

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: yraciv on February 10, 2016, 01:49:08 pm
I don't get why people say this. Speculating this stuff is entertaining, and this is a message board built for that. Makes our fanbase more informed and knowledgable about whats out there.  Obviously Coach B isn't listening to us and 90% of us will probably be wrong, but take anything on here with a grain of salt.  I think the majority of us trust in Coach B and know how to handle this.
Just a guess, but I would say on the last 3 hires, 100% of us were wrong.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 10, 2016, 03:32:01 pm
Just a guess, but I would say on the last 3 hires, 100% of us were wrong.

Singleton was reported Tulsa news a few days before and he was mentioned as part of fan speculation.

But yeah. Enos and KA nobody saw coming

greenie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 10, 2016, 02:39:14 pm
Mike Locksley, Reggie Mitchell, Cornell Jackson.  Names to supposedly watch

hmmmm...certainly seem to fall into the category "out of nowhere".  Only one of them appears to have any SEC experience (Locksley with 2 years at Florida about 12 years ago).  No obvious TX or LA recruiting experience.  I'm guessing that either CBB or CDE have crossed paths with these guys in some way in the past.  I wonder what CBB's timeline is for this hire...or if he even has one.

Wildhog

That Reggie Mitchell looks like a pretty decent recruiter. Pretty good, actually. Signs a lot of kids.

Don't want Locksley.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

logand02

opineonswine

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on February 10, 2016, 05:03:54 pm
That Reggie Mitchell looks like a pretty decent recruiter. Pretty good, actually. Signs a lot of kids.

Don't want Locksley.

Really? Locksley has a good rep as a recruiter

Scott7703

Quote from: Wildhog on February 10, 2016, 05:03:54 pm

Don't want Locksley.

Locksley is be best recruiter of the three names that have been mentioned.

I don't think he will be the choice though.

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 10, 2016, 06:39:31 pm

Locksley is be best recruiter of the three names that have been mentioned.

I don't think he will be the choice though.

I'm always leery of former HC's on the recruiting trail.  They just usually aren't as hungry.

Maybe that's not the case with him, though.  Mario Cristobal is a former HC that is a very dynamic recruiter for Bama.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Mitchell supposedly leading now

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 10, 2016, 07:38:07 pm
I'm always leery of former HC's on the recruiting trail.  They just usually aren't as hungry.

Maybe that's not the case with him, though.  Mario Cristobal is a former HC that is a very dynamic recruiter for Bama.

Well, he was the HC at New Mexico prior to being an asst at Maryland and then was named the interim HC there before Ash came in.  That didn't seem to slow down his recruiting.

Wildhog

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 11, 2016, 08:36:36 am
Well, he was the HC at New Mexico prior to being an asst at Maryland and then was named the interim HC there before Ash came in.  That didn't seem to slow down his recruiting.

As long as he still wants to work his tail off recruiting, I'm in.
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 10, 2016, 08:09:49 pm

Him and Enos haven't worked together but they have worked at the same places more than once. So I'm sure they know each other.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 09, 2016, 02:38:15 pm
Right, no doubt he should but doesn't mean he will.
Is KA a recruiter?  I don't think any of us know what a recruiter is.  We think we know, but we don't. 

ARtillahog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 11, 2016, 08:38:58 am
As long as he still wants to work his tail off recruiting, I'm in.

True.  My question would be how does he mesh/fit in with Enos.  Locksley has coached QBs, TEs, RBs, and been an OC.  The three names that have recently popped up have strong recruiting backgrounds, the most important aspect of the RB coach hire to you, as mentioned earlier.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: scruf on February 09, 2016, 02:46:25 pm
Agree. Indiana's RBs have done well of late.
because of the RB coach or OL?

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 10, 2016, 08:09:49 pm
History says.... we can now rule him out.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 11, 2016, 08:53:03 am
Is KA a recruiter?  I don't think any of us know what a recruiter is.  We think we know, but we don't. 

Yet to be determined on KA.

Wildhog

After doing some research, I'm all in for Locksley, too.  It appears he still has the want-to, which is something that I worry about with former HC's.  I do like that he's still only 46. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 11, 2016, 08:36:36 am

Ash is not the HC at Maryland

ARtillahog

Wildhog

I'd very happy with Locks or Mitchell. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

logand02

What has happened for anyone to think that Mitchell is the lead candidate?

opineonswine

Quote from: logand02 on February 11, 2016, 10:26:12 am
What has happened for anyone to think that Mitchell is the lead candidate?

Just a rumor.

Wildhog

It's encouraging that CBB at least appears to be targeting an actual recruiter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on February 11, 2016, 10:41:05 am
Looks like he finally came too his senses and listed to you, you have done a great service for the team ;D ;D

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on February 11, 2016, 10:48:32 am
Looks like he finally came too his senses and listed to you, you have done a great service for the team ;D ;D

:)
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on February 11, 2016, 10:49:30 am
:)
I honestly think CBB thought Singleton would bring just a little more to the table than he did, I also think he was nearly as blindsided as we were at Pittman's lack of GAF on the recruiting trail this year.

I have high hopes for KA I think he can be the next "that guy" in the recruiting world. Add him too a known commodity RB coach hire, Smith, Segrest and our Coordinators and I think our classes start to trend up sharply.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 11, 2016, 10:41:05 am

Smoke and mirrors my friend, smoke and mirrors.

redeye

I think it's hard to know if they're actually a good recruiter, unless you've followed them in the past.  If you look at the biggest recruits they've ever signed, you'll notice that most are all instate players, from wherever they were coaching at the time.  It's like Horton being considered one of the best recruiters in the nation, in his first year at Auburn; all because he signed several good players from Alabama.  Or Lunney being one of the best at Arkansas last year, due to all the good instate players he signed.  I wanna see good players they've signed from out of state and particularly in Florida, Texas, Georgia or Louisiana.

presidenthog

otis Danny and biddy all following @regmitchku on twitter now.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on February 11, 2016, 01:24:11 pm
otis Danny and biddy all following @regmitchku on twitter now.

Only because HV mentioned it.........

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on February 11, 2016, 01:09:37 pm
I think it's hard to know if they're actually a good recruiter, unless you've followed them in the past.  If you look at the biggest recruits they've ever signed, you'll notice that most are all instate players, from wherever they were coaching at the time.  It's like Horton being considered one of the best recruiters in the nation, in his first year at Auburn; all because he signed several good players from Alabama.  Or Lunney being one of the best at Arkansas last year, due to all the good instate players he signed.  I wanna see good players they've signed from out of state and particularly in Florida, Texas, Georgia or Louisiana.

Mitchell's best recruits at Kansas all came from out-of-state. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

TrueBlue

Hearing rumors that this is the guy....

http://www.eiupanthers.com/staff.aspx?staff=264

Might be just a rumor at the Atkins Sonic. Who knows.....

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2016, 01:29:34 pm
Only because HV mentioned it.........

Otis was talking about it before HV.  just saying

ricepig

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2016, 01:34:17 pm

Who cares?
you, apparently.  you brought it up.  just trying to give credit where its due. 

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2016, 01:46:55 pm
you, apparently.  you brought it up.  just trying to give credit where its due. 

And Odis heard it from someone else, be sure to give credit........the original response was a joke, funny, haha, get the boot out.