Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just want to say I really appreciate the internet saavy posters on this board.

Started by JIHawg, February 06, 2016, 03:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

This has been the most informed recruiting season ever due to you guys who dig stuff out of twitter and everywhere else.  Also, I appreciate this board's connection to Richard.  So Scruf, ricepig, Wildhog, HOGINTENN, yraciv and about ten others I just don't remember everybody, but a big shout out to some great guys.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: JIHawg on February 06, 2016, 03:09:35 pm
This has been the most informed recruiting season ever due to you guys who dig stuff out of twitter and everywhere else.  Also, I appreciate this board's connection to Richard.  So Scruf, ricepig, Wildhog, HOGINTENN, yraciv and about ten others I just don't remember everybody, but a big shout out to some great guys.

Agreed! Thanks to everyone that supports my addiction to constantly  hitting the "refresh" button on my internet browser for 2 weeks out of every year.

redeye

who knows

I agree...I kinda wish those guys were the only ones who could post on this forum from about Dec-signing day...make the rest of us read more and post less...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: JIHawg on February 06, 2016, 03:09:35 pm

I agree. When you push past the garbage posts there are some very knowledgeable posts. This includes MMQB but not Jump Ball. You post on JB you had better have a knife cause somebody will be coming for a fight.  ;)

But this was my most involved recruiting season and many on here kept me abreast of everything - especially RD.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: who knows on February 06, 2016, 03:41:40 pm
I agree...I kinda wish those guys were the only ones who could post on this forum from about Dec-signing day...make the rest of us read more and post less...

LZH taught me to have fun with the posters who go in the other direction. Sprinkle in a little deprecating humor and it makes the nut jobs postings a lot easier to read.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

secneahog

This was in depth this year. I've learned alot, especially with Hjalte going to oline.  Crow ate!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

greenie

No doubt.  In terms of college football fan sites, Hogville is second to none.  I've spent time on other sites (in particular Miami, LSU, Auburn, Tenn, and aTm) as a voyeur when something interesting is happening, and from my experience, this site is unparalleled in terms of information, user friendliness, and operation.  As with any other open message board, there are good posters, not-so-good posters, and trolls.  I have a set of about 10-20 guys that I take seriously when they post (I won't try to name them because I'm sure we don't all agree on who the 5* posters are).  There are also 5-10 guys that I know have an anti-Bielema agenda or are just super negative no matter what.  And finally, there are a handful of trolls that are regulars as well, which I do my best to just ignore. As we all know, feeding the trolls just keeps them alive.

I do try to read more and post less.  Most of the time, if I'm patient, one of my favorite posters will usually post what I was thinking anyway. 

This year, we had a difficult finish on NSD.  It was great to be able to commiserate with my Hog brethren here on Hogville.  I'm already spinning up for 2017!

So, thanks to Hogville, thanks to the mods, thanks to Richard D. for sharing so much with us, and thanks to the good guys on here like ... oops, almost started naming them  :)

GO HOGS!!  :razorback:

HogNDas

Quote from: greenie on February 06, 2016, 05:31:24 pm
No doubt.  In terms of college football fan sites, Hogville is second to none.  I've spent time on other sites (in particular Miami, LSU, Auburn, Tenn, and aTm) as a voyeur when something interesting is happening, and from my experience, this site is unparalleled in terms of information, user friendliness, and operation.  As with any other open message board, there are good posters, not-so-good posters, and trolls.  I have a set of about 10-20 guys that I take seriously when they post (I won't try to name them because I'm sure we don't all agree on who the 5* posters are).  There are also 5-10 guys that I know have an anti-Bielema agenda or are just super negative no matter what.  And finally, there are a handful of trolls that are regulars as well, which I do my best to just ignore. As we all know, feeding the trolls just keeps them alive.

I do try to read more and post less.  Most of the time, if I'm patient, one of my favorite posters will usually post what I was thinking anyway. 

This year, we had a difficult finish on NSD.  It was great to be able to commiserate with my Hog brethren here on Hogville.  I'm already spinning up for 2017!

So, thanks to Hogville, thanks to the mods, thanks to Richard D. for sharing so much with us, and thanks to the good guys on here like ... oops, almost started naming them  :)

GO HOGS!!  :razorback:

I agree!  I just found this site and it is awesome!!

presidenthog

Steef

staffhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 06, 2016, 04:30:23 pm
LZH taught me to have fun with the posters who go in the other direction. Sprinkle in a little deprecating humor and it makes the nut jobs postings a lot easier to read.  ;D

Be extremely careful as to what LZH teaches you.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: staffhog on February 06, 2016, 08:50:29 pm
Be extremely careful as to what LZH teaches you.

Ain't that the truth. Some of his stuff can get you thrown into jail. I heard he had to skip the state to avoid the law. Now that just may be a bad rumor or me just trying to smear LZH's name.

Both are possibilities.  ;D