Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With Jemal gone?

Started by WaltonCollege, February 05, 2016, 02:30:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNDas

It all goes back to "staff stability".  Regardless of why they're leaving, upward/downward/sideways moves, it it still a situation where we are losing coaches....IT HURTS OUR RECRUITING....I don't know how you spin it to a recruit that the coach that built a relationship with you is not going to be on the staff...it can't be good is all I am saying....makes me have even more appreciation for Coach Barry Lunney Jr.... 

PorkRinds

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 08:14:18 pm
No one on this board can say something subjective without someone hammering them on spelling or facts

Bret is what he is/.   He says he could keep assistences cause if BA and money.   He has lost more here than at wisky in 4 yrs. coaches don't want to coach for him? Or they don't want to follow him.

The Twitter thing is old.   Just do your job.    People don't care that u and your wife are feeding your pet rats

Quit spinning recruiting.    Quit the mic drop sh1t.    It failed.     Don't post recruiting vs wins.    Yes recruiting is its own competition. So u can try to tie it to wins but it is still a compition between schools that want a recruit. 
Kids from ark need offers.   Yes DC needed offer.   Kids is athlete/.  Move him somewhere.   Yes signing 20 was our plan???
I do like him swinging for the fences/. But the mic drop killed that .   The coaches need to get off Twtr.

In the end it is wins and losses

In the 4th yr under cbb. We will regress.  Where will the excuses drop this yr?

If u are paid like a top 10 coach. U should win/ recruit like one.   If not find one or cut his salary.

OH look. Another rocket surgeon.

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on February 05, 2016, 08:38:34 pm
It all goes back to "staff stability".  Regardless of why they're leaving, upward/downward/sideways moves, it it still a situation where we are losing coaches....IT HURTS OUR RECRUITING....I don't know how you spin it to a recruit that the coach that built a relationship with you is not going to be on the staff...it can't be good is all I am saying....makes me have even more appreciation for Coach Barry Lunney Jr.... 

Dude didn't sign a recruit in his one year here, what relationships? I think he was a good coach and helped keep our depleted RB situation together.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogNDas on February 05, 2016, 08:38:34 pm

Bama has the same amount of staff changes as us the past 3 seasons. This is an overreaction. Especially since signing day is over

HogNDas

I give up!... :'(  if our fanbase can't see that having a revolving door on the assistant coaching staff is not beneficial, then so be it!...Keep shuffling them in/out...it's all good!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogNDas on February 05, 2016, 08:47:54 pm
I give up!... :'(  if our fanbase can't see that having a revolving door on the assistant coaching staff is not beneficial, then so be it!...Keep shuffling them in/out...it's all good!

Please do give up. Then realize that we already had one coach refuse a promotion to the NFL this year. Expecting two to do so is not realistic.

ricepig

We appreciate you giving up, by the way, have you checked the turnover on the rest of the SECw? We aren't any different, in fact, we and OM are the only ones returning both of our Coordinators.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'd rather have CBB's Asst and their revolving door that the crap Asst. CBP had that nobody would take from Carrol College

hogman78

Every decent team has assistants leaving. The super bowl teams in the nfl will likely have their coaching staffs picked apart. These types of moves are actually complements. Hire another one and continue getting better.

hogman78

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 08:51:15 pm
I'd rather have CBB's Asst and their revolving door that the crap Asst. CBP had that nobody would take from Carrol College

Yeah we need to get back in those coaching trees. Stability...

wonderboys

Bama losing coaches.  Ua losing coaches.  It's the same

wonderboys

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2016, 08:39:31 pm
OH look. Another rocket surgeon.
Not right?   How do u see it?

hogman78

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:02:04 pm
Bama losing coaches.  Ua losing coaches.  It's the same

What's different? Oh that's right we are poor lil Arkysaw

wonderboys

Quote from: hogman78 on February 05, 2016, 09:10:54 pm
What's different? Oh that's right we are poor lil Arkysaw
Then quit trying to compete with them

hogman78

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:11:43 pm
Then quit trying to compete with them

What? You make absolutely zero sense.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogman78 on February 05, 2016, 08:58:03 pm
Yeah we need to get back in those coaching trees. Stability...

Heck we had one! The Murray State Mafia...MSM!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogman78

wonderboys

Quote from: hogman78 on February 05, 2016, 09:14:23 pm
It makes sense.   We were talking bout bama post above

ricepig

Quote from: hogman78 on February 05, 2016, 09:14:23 pm

Whiskey doing the talking? Auburn, State, LSU, Bama, aTm, they all have had multiple coaching losses this past season, several of those were fired. Which is better, firing one, or having him poached?

hogman78

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2016, 09:16:43 pm
Whiskey doing the talking? Auburn, State, LSU, Bama, aTm, they all have had multiple coaching losses this past season, several of those were fired. Which is better, firing one, or having him poached?

Not much on whiskey personally. I have nothing against losing coaches to other jobs. Apparently I mistook his losing coaches at Bama and Arkansas is the same post. I have read through a thread full of stupid and fell in I guess. I took that post as a slight to Arkansas and I disagreed. If that wasn't the intent of the post then I apologize. My bad, I'm out.

wonderboys

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2016, 09:16:43 pm
Bert wanted to keep coaches.  This was his issues at wisky. (What he said).  We have had major changes every season.    Bama doesn't count due to their assist coaches .   Lsu has to blame someone else.   

ricepig

Quote from: hogman78 on February 05, 2016, 09:24:23 pm
Not much on whiskey personally. I have nothing against losing coaches to other jobs. Apparently I mistook his losing coaches at Bama and Arkansas is the same post. I have read through a thread full of stupid and fell in I guess. I took that post as a slight to Arkansas and I disagreed. If that wasn't the intent of the post then I apologize. My bad, I'm out.

I wasn't talking about your post, but alluding to his rambling, sorry for the confusion.

ricepig

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:24:33 pm
Bret wanted to keep coaches.  This was his issues at wisky. (What he said).  We have had major changes every season.    Bama doesn't count due to their assist coaches .   Lsu has to blame someone else.   

Ok, everyone else's is justified, ours isn't, gotcha.

wonderboys

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2016, 09:24:21 pm
Ok, everyone else's is justified, ours isn't, gotcha.

That's the diff.       Thank goodness we don't have TT on schedule. .    Excuses bout to start

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:28:27 pm

That's the diff.       Thank goodness we don't have TT on schedule. .    Excuses bout to start

More you post the less sense you make

hogman78

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 09:27:57 pm
More you post the less sense you make

Must be the whiskey I'm not drinking  ;D

hogman78

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:24:33 pm
Bret wanted to keep coaches.  This was his issues at wisky. (What he said).  We have had major changes every season.    Bama doesn't count due to their assist coaches .   Lsu has to blame someone else.

He does want to keep coaches, and that was an issue at Wisconsin. Now tell the rest of the story. Tell us the part about him not wanting to lose coaches to lateral moves for an increase in salary. Now tell us the part about how many times that has truly happened since being here.

ricepig

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 09:28:27 pm

Nope, but stupidity has!

pigture perfect

Madre Hill is hanging out down at Malven I understand, and he does have SEC experience and Arkansas ties.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 05, 2016, 02:30:18 pm
Do we hire a coach who recruits Houston/Dallas well or Louisiana? I sure wouldn't mind giving Mike Smith a right hand man down there.

I hope so.  Lets attack those areas hard.

redeye

Jack Johnson mentioned Jabbar Jaluke in another thread.  He'd be a great hire, if LSU doesn't get him first.  He'd do wonders for recruiting in New Orleans.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 05, 2016, 05:10:26 pm
Not sure if I totally agree about it not being any "difference makers". Didn't Singleton do a pretty fair job of helping our backs with their fumbling issues this past season? While to YOU that may not mean a lot, over the course of a season just a couple of fumbles, especially during close games and against quality opponents, can make a heck of a lot difference between potentially winning or losing those games. If, indeed, the possibly winning or losing a game (or two) where such errors might occur is of any concern of yours.

All the coaching up in the world isn't going to turn day and Evans into Collins and Jwill.  And Jwill and Collins aren't who they are due to Joel Thomas and singleton.  Ditto for Felix and dmac and Danny Nutt/Tim Horton

we need a recruiter with this hire

Razorbacks#1

Some of you folks are just plain stupid with your rational. It seems like you have been a fan for like, well, 3 years or yesterday.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

I'll just add: Stupid fans on this board who post stupid crap make us/or put out the perception of a pre-conceived idea of how we, as fans, should feel, or how we should feel about the current coach, AD, direction of the program. I will stand by all!, most importantly, the head coach and our AD;
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

greenie

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 08:43:51 pm
Bama has the same amount of staff changes as us the past 3 seasons. This is an overreaction. Especially since signing day is over

This is exactly right. Turnover in the staff can be very healthy. Especially if it's this time of year...after nsd...and if your head coach knows how to hire. Sure, I'm a glass-is-half-full guy, but spinning this negative just seems like you have an agenda.

FreshHog

Quote from: wonderboys on February 05, 2016, 08:33:03 pm
Ok. Yeah let's b exact

I hope Steve spurrier earned his pay this yr

21st wouldn't be bad.       So we r a 18th ranked team?

LOL, the guy earlier thought the guy he quoted was an *** idiot...

But you sir take the pie for the night.

:puke:

You're a joke... holy darn.

Hawg Life

I'd love to see Larry Porter as new RB Coach. Teas & LA. Recruiting would explode, and he'd also be great in Memphis area.

1highhog

Quote from: HogNDas on February 05, 2016, 03:14:18 pm
I'm beginning to believe our assistants don't like their boss!....we've had numerous "lateral" moves including Pittman.  Instability on the coaching staff can also lead to less than stellar recruiting performance....IMO.  CBB's comments re:  Bolle were inappropriate when Pittman departed....Just sayin', he may be a tough to work for boss!

Not at all and a bad assumption to boot.  When you have assistants moving to the NFL more power to them, there's a lot more money for them there, and who's to say Bret didn't encourage the move as well?

bulldog04

Curtis Luper...we have done well at taking TCU assistants

HogNDas

Quote from: 1highhog on February 06, 2016, 12:35:23 am
Not at all and a bad assumption to boot.  When you have assistants moving to the NFL more power to them, there's a lot more money for them there, and who's to say Bret didn't encourage the move as well?

[If that is the case, what does it mean when we get a coach from the NFL?  Trying to follow logic here... I DEFINITELY like and think CKA is a good coach/recruiter, but if moving to the NFL is upward, what is moving from NFL to NCAA?  I AM ASKING.]

lefty08

Would you take a lower job in your company if it meant significantly more money? Or a better location for your family?

There are many factors in coaching jobs, you can't definitively say that moving from the NFL to college or vice versa is a promotion or demotion. Every situation is different
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

tophawg19

Whoever we get is going to have a great group in place already . DW is the 3rd ranked recruit in the nation , T,J is a highly rated Athlete and a very fast and gifted RB that can be used in multiple ways . RW3 looks healthy and was becoming a very good back and Walker really came on at the end of the season . He was running better than he ever has .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogNDas

There are many factors in coaching jobs, you can't definitively say that moving from the NFL to college or vice versa is a promotion or demotion. Every situation is different

[EXACTLY!....so when we lose a coach to the NFL, we can't automatically assume it was an "upward advancement"....every situation is different. Nor can we assume that when an NFL coach comes to AR that it is a downward move...with that in mind, I wonder why we have had so much turnover...it isn't because going to the NFL is necessarily considered an upward move...and I continue to maintain that staff turnover is NOT good for recruiting....]

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on February 06, 2016, 08:45:26 am

[EXACTLY!....so when we lose a coach to the NFL, we can't automatically assume it was an "upward advancement"....every situation is different. Nor can we assume that when an NFL coach comes to AR that it is a downward move...with that in mind, I wonder why we have had so much turnover...it isn't because going to the NFL is necessarily considered an upward move...and I continue to maintain that staff turnover is NOT good for recruiting....]

And we continue to maintain it happens at every SECw school to a bigger degree! Let's see, a guy that didn't sign a recruit will be sorely missed??

Hawgzinbowlz

Excellent position coach/Excellent recruiter/Excellent special teams coach/A sought after coach who likes it well enough in Fayetteville to stay for a while.

Hats off to CBB for hiring assistants good enough to be pursued professionally and replacing the departed with quality coaches.

" GO HOGS "

tophawg19

Quote from: HogNDas on February 06, 2016, 08:45:26 am

the NFL is the premier league , he can coach 5 years and have a great retirement . Also it's great on the resume if he wants to be a head coach. And you can bet he got a big raise . Lets face facts . The NFL COLTS  is a higher rated job than the SEC HAWGS . He has a legit chance at getting to a Super Bowl . The pinnacle of football for a coach
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 05, 2016, 10:11:48 pm
All the coaching up in the world isn't going to turn day and Evans into Collins and Jwill.  And Jwill and Collins aren't who they are due to Joel Thomas and singleton.  Ditto for Felix and dmac and Danny Nutt/Tim Horton

we need a recruiter with this hire
Well Jack, not surprisingly you totally missed my point...duh!! I never said or even implied that Evans or Day are Collins or JWill. IF I did please prove such. I also never said, or implied, that talent doesn't matter. Yes, recruiting excellent talent and skills are vital....another duh!! What I was attempting to convey is that while being able to grab the talent, if one can't teach the kids and improve on their performance much of your initial recruiting efforts may very well have been wasted. Would I love to have a RB that can recruits "lights out"? Of course I would. However, I don't necessarily agree, as some have suggested, that needs to be the only (or main) quality of the yet-to-be-named replacement for Singleton. IMO having a coach with BOTH talents, being able to persuade top flight kids to the Hill AND be able to coach them up at the highest level is critical. If you still can't understand or grasp that concept then there's really no help for ya'.

scruf

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 05, 2016, 08:43:51 pm

Someone gets it.

scruf

I was only concerned about 1 assistant coach departure under Petrino: Garrick McGee. Dude can flat out coach and I knew the replacement would be Paul Petrino who is basically Danny Nutt 2.0. That says a lot about assistants on the last staff.

The only guy Houston Nutt lost that ended up hurting the team was Keith Burns. He was the best defensive coordinator I can remember going back to the mid-80s.

CBB has lost his share of assistants but most have been clear upgrades (Smith, Enos) or at least broken even. (Jennings, Hargreaves) I'm not worried about who replaces Singleton. I'm sure they will do fine. They might even be an upgrade. Hell, Singleton had the supposed Oklahoma connections and we didn't find out about Josh Jacobs until every other school did and he attended freaking TULSA MCCLAIN. That's closer to campus than Little Rock.

See? Things will be okay.

jm

Some pretty wild assumptions being thrown around.
Who's to say he didn't leave because he couldn't find a good barista?
Maybe the guy that makes his sandwich graduated last fall and took a job with Wal-Mart?
Maybe he couldn't catch enough fish on Beaver Lake or was disappointed with the deer hunting?