Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With Jemal gone?

Started by WaltonCollege, February 05, 2016, 02:30:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 08, 2016, 05:14:19 pm
Maybe Bielema will take this opportunity to finally go get a coach with relevant SEC experience. (Not Tim Horton)

It may not be a name we are familiar with, but I suspect he will be someone who's recruited Texas before.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 08, 2016, 05:14:19 pm
Maybe Bielema will take this opportunity to finally go get a coach with relevant SEC experience. (Not Tim Horton)

I doubt it. Much harder to get an Asst to agree to a non compete clause that's already in the league

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 05:11:19 pm
10th, I believe.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

There is enough $ being pumped into the program from the SEC/TV to be in the upper 1/2 for assistant pay in the SEC, IMO.....THAT and the AR connection will result in staff stability, IMO

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on February 09, 2016, 08:01:36 am
There is enough $ being pumped into the program from the SEC/TV to be in the upper 1/2 for assistant pay in the SEC, IMO.....THAT and the AR connection will result in staff stability, IMO

You do understand that our other conference brethren are receiving this same money? Do you think they aren't going to spend it too?  The big difference is that those ahead of us get the equivalent of 2 extra home games by their stadium size and attendance, figure that in your budget and see how it helps.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HogNDas on February 05, 2016, 03:14:18 pm
I'm beginning to believe our assistants don't like their boss!....we've had numerous "lateral" moves including Pittman.  Instability on the coaching staff can also lead to less than stellar recruiting performance....IMO.  CBB's comments re:  Bolle were inappropriate when Pittman departed....Just sayin', he may be a tough to work for boss!

You like to throw stuff against a wall, I see...

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2016, 01:48:56 pm
I believe he's saying he's seen/lived this before with Thomas leaving.

That's what it means.  And Yogi perfected it...

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 06, 2016, 01:54:46 pm
Concur, but context to me means not something he is pleased about.

Context?  You are making up your own context...

jackflash

other than Chaney and Pitman coach BB has hired outside the SEC

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 09, 2016, 11:16:32 am
You like to throw stuff against a wall, I see...
Well I've also seen it described by some as loving to wallow in the dung and just see what you can come up with. I'd certainly not want to go there.........

tophawg19

arkansas is going to have to pay more to keep our coaches . Most schools get funding from the University . Here the Hawgs actually give money to the U OF A . take that and spend it on coaches
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2016, 05:33:44 pm
arkansas is going to have to pay more to keep our coaches . Most schools get funding from the University . Here the Hawgs actually give money to the U OF A . take that and spend it on coaches
But, but, but......that can't be the reason some of these guys are leaving. According to some on here it's because they just don't like Bret.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

tophawg19

no we have got to match our competitors money to keep our coaches
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2016, 09:24:12 pm

Buy season tickets and donate more, sounds simple.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 11, 2016, 09:24:12 pm
So by making such a brilliant suggestion, and of course being a loyal fan, I take it you're going to be one of the first to step up and help fill the kitty with a nice donation. I can see it now: "Check's in the mail" (and haven't we all heard THAT one a hundred times).