Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UM Transfer RB Derrick Green

Started by scruf, February 04, 2016, 03:27:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

He's been mentioned recently but I expect things to heat up after CBB just started following him on Twitter. Would be a good rotational back in the offense and possibly allow the Hogs to RS Rawleigh Williams and move Duwop to safety.

VIDEOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Z6L6nJs4c

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2021363-michigan-football-sophomore-rb-derrick-green-will-be-1-option-next-season

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 03:26:11 pm
Most think he's Florida bound.

Could be. His Twitter follows are trending Arkansas.

Wildhog

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2016, 03:31:21 pm

Well, we know how much that means...
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Damn MacElwain, pulling that Ole Siss stuff again.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Wonder if Tully Tillman put in good word for us

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 04, 2016, 03:33:05 pm

Do we know for sure that guy is coming here?

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 04, 2016, 03:35:30 pm

No. 

I think he does end up coming here, but no, we don't know that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Nobody has confirmed it. But I believe he will be as soon as he graduates and his legal issues are finished.

Cure

Arkansas needs another back in this class, Green did well at UM before he got hurt.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

farfromgroovins

I can't think of a finer program to steal him from

onebadrubi

Didn't florida sign two rb's yesterday and one being a JUCO? 

longpig

Is James Joseph creeping his own players out? ;D
Don't be scared, be smart.

respirback

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 03:30:19 pm
Well, we know how much that means...

True. True. Just thought it was interesting.

Wildhog

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2016, 04:21:46 pm
True. True. Just thought it was interesting.

I mean, it's definitely worth noting, and I'm glad you did.

It just doesn't mean much by itself.
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 04:21:18 pm
I mean, it's definitely worth noting, and I'm glad you did.

It just doesn't mean much by itself.

Couldn't agree more.

Dr. Pepper

Well we all know that means Hog lock...
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

LR Hog

Will both of these Michigan guys have to sit out next year?
Like a boss.

scruf

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 04, 2016, 04:33:57 pm
Well we all know that means Hog lock...

...said no one ever. Well, I did once. With Solomon Thomas. Learned my lesson there. Never again. WPS

scruf

Quote from: LR Hog on February 04, 2016, 04:49:58 pm
Will both of these Michigan guys have to sit out next year?

Immediate eligibility if they join the team. LTT would have 2 years, Green 1.

3kgthog

We definitely need another back. I'm not buying that RWIII will ever be his old self. I have been told that he's risking a serious and career ending injury by playing again. This came from someone in the medical profession that's familiar with the situation. Don't start with the "breaking the law" comments, either. When it comes to public figures like Hog players, not everyone keeps their mouth shut even though we'd like to think they do.

rljjr

That guy needs to clear up his pending felony charges first, then graduate. I don't see him as an option at all. 

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2016, 04:56:19 pm
We definitely need another back. I'm not buying that RWIII will ever be his old self. I have been told that he's risking a serious and career ending injury by playing again. This came from someone in the medical profession that's familiar with the situation. Don't start with the "breaking the law" comments, either. When it comes to public figures like Hog players, not everyone keeps their mouth shut even though we'd like to think they do.

If he never played again, wouldn't it already be a career ending injury? I still wouldn't be surprised to see him red shirt.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rljjr on February 04, 2016, 04:59:45 pm
That guy needs to clear up his pending felony charges first, then graduate. I don't see him as an option at all. 

He is expect to be able to do both those things

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 03:30:41 pm
Damn MacElwain, pulling that Ole Siss stuff again.

I so hope we put a beatdown on the Swamp Donkey so maybe he'll know who BB is... MacElwain is a typical arrogant jacka$$, fits right in down there.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

rljjr

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 04, 2016, 05:04:27 pm
He is expect to be able to do both those things

Interesting. Haven't seen that written anywhere.

Hoot72

I wonder if coach KA still has Michigan contacts that might help in this situation

scruf

I agree. Whether he ever plays another down or not is 100% Rawleigh Williams' decision.

redeye

I seriously doubt that OUR coaches would ever allow RWIII to play again, if they didn't think it was safe.  Perhaps there's some small risk something could happen, but if his doctors said it was okay, then I'm sure Bielema asked them to double check.

I think he plays next year, but a redshirt wouldn't surprise me any.

scruf

Quote from: redeye on February 04, 2016, 05:17:16 pm
I seriously doubt that OUR coaches would ever allow RWIII to play again, if they didn't think it was safe.  Perhaps there's some small risk something could happen, but if his doctors said it was okay, then I'm sure Bielema asked them to double check.

Team doctors cleared him and then CBB asked RWIII and his family to get a second independent opinion, which they did, and those doctors also cleared him. The anti-Bielema brigade is going to keep casting doubts about it though. That's just how they roll (like toilet paper).

sylamore

Everybody risks a career ending injury if they play at all. If the two separate teams of Docs clear him without reservation, R W III has the right to make his own decision. If he does not play for fear of injury...that too would be career ending. A tough choice, but one he and he alone has the right to make. And if CBB has independent confirmation of his full recovery, so be it.

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2016, 05:19:39 pm
Team doctors cleared him and then CBB asked RWIII and his family to get a second independent opinion, which they did, and those doctors also cleared him. The anti-Bielema brigade is going to keep casting doubts about it though. That's just how they roll (like toilet paper).

I believe he said RWIII's mom got the second opinion on her own, "like a good momma does" in Bret's words.

Smokehouse

We've got to keep that University of Michigan pipeline going.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Yeah well too many trolls disguised as Hog fans are allowed to bring their garbage on here. They are pretty on top of most of it though. Still, it would be nice to be able to come here and get information without having to wade through sewer.

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 05:25:01 pm
I believe he said RWIII's mom got the second opinion on her own, "like a good momma does" in Bret's words.

I'm not looking at the PC transcript. I'll go back and listen when my internet is not cr4pping the bed.

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2016, 05:43:00 pm
I'm not looking at the PC transcript. I'll go back and listen when my internet is not cr4pping the bed.

No problem, but that's what I seem to remember.

gmarv

I don,t think any good hog fan will want anything but the best for RWIII so I say whatever he does I,ll be happy for him.the way he has handled this has already made him a favorite hog of mine.god bless RWIII

ChattanoogaHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 04, 2016, 03:33:05 pm

Wonder is Joseph Putu put in a good word for us  ;)

Hogsmo Kramer

Franking FL!

My disdain for them is growing exponentially.

I hope we beat the brakes off them this coming season!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redeye

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ChattanoogaHog on February 04, 2016, 06:48:07 pm
Wonder is Joseph Putu put in a good word for us  ;)

Green has played with Tillman the last 3 years. So I'm not sure I get the joke

DeltaBoy

I would like to see this kid be a hog.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Music City Hog

Keep an eye on Barry sanders jr moving forward as well.

presidenthog

bret and otis kirk just started following him.  we will see.

AirWarren

Which means absolutely nothing.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: secneahog on February 04, 2016, 06:53:04 pm
So what's the story on this guy?
big time 5* recruit. He was having a good sophomore season before getting injured and didn't play much this past year.

Nosboar Accubond

That is interesting, considering his mother was specifically worried about this and requested a second independent opinion not associated with the U of A... and they said he was free and clear. So if two doctors have cleared him then your friend must be the 3rd, or they feel these doctors are incorrect in their evaluation I presume? Honest question. Or is it a situation of "you are clear to play, but are risking a lot if you do." In which case I would be surprised if his parents would let him continue.