Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Incentives offered to Rashan Gary according to reports

Started by billmontgomery10, February 04, 2016, 12:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgehog23

greenie

Quote from: COCHISE on February 04, 2016, 12:55:04 pm
Finally?? Tunsil missed over half the season last year because of this type of stuff.

Sure, but he played for 2 1/2 seasons and will get drafted in the 1st round.  No punishment at all, really.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PLHawg on February 04, 2016, 12:23:27 pm
Ole Mi$$ is selling their soul right now for instant gratification.  It will come back and bite them, they aren't Bama, they aren't untouchable.
If they're guilty I certainly hope you're right. Unfortunately, however, I sure wouldn't bet my life on it. Look, these rumors have been around for quite a few years. And while I certainly have no idea whether or not there's any substance to them, I honestly don't think it will really matter. First of all, we've seen the miserable (for the most
part) the NCAA has done in not only investigating but also enforcing with something more than a "slap on the wrist". Yes, I know we had the "death sentence" that was handed out to SMU, as well as the several year probation that USCw was handed. However, it too FOREVERRRRRRR for anything to even be done once it became evident. Besides, with the (almost) total wipeout of the Ponies' program I think this felt to many like real overkill.

As far as many kids are concerned I think for the most part it matters little. Certainly if a program were to be found guilty of violations and as a result scholarships reduced and/or visits limited/eliminated and even, if circumstances warranted a coach or coaches were fired, for the recruits they'd never likely feel any pain. The only other thing that might act as a minor deterrent would be if a program was prevented from going to bowls (even then a likely "no big deal").

The bottom line is that IMO the "shading", "fudging", and even blatant breaking of rules by many programs is so pervasive and wide spread and the NCAA is so weak-willed that enforcing the rules has become virtually impossible.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 04, 2016, 12:25:09 pm
Watching Ole Miss burn would be fun.  It's obvious they are cheating more than most schools do.  I don't care what any apologist for Ole Miss says, they went from the KKK school and pariah for black athletes to MOFO dragging them down to consistent top 10 recruiting overnight.  That just doesn't happen.  It's as obvious as anything you will ever see that money is changing hands.  It may be a beautifully elaborate booster system where the coaches don't even know the specifics, but it's there nonetheless.

This.
I won't say that the coaches from either Auburn or OM are involved, but OM has exploded into relevance like SMU.

Something's fishy.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Wildhog

Quote from: scorekeeper on February 04, 2016, 02:17:14 pm
But we are fine with Bama winning National Championships?

Bama's been winning national championships.  I'd prefer we didn't add another juggernaut to the west.  Don't you agree?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

Same posters get on the same threads and are like, "Everyone's cheating except Arkansas. Arkansas should cheat." We get it, now post some original thoughts and not the same recycled garbage.

PLHawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 04, 2016, 03:47:26 pm
If they're guilty I certainly hope you're right. Unfortunately, however, I sure wouldn't bet my life on it. Look, these rumors have been around for quite a few years. And while I certainly have no idea whether or not there's any substance to them, I honestly don't think it will really matter. First of all, we've seen the miserable (for the most
part) the NCAA has done in not only investigating but also enforcing with something more than a "slap on the wrist". Yes, I know we had the "death sentence" that was handed out to SMU, as well as the several year probation that USCw was handed. However, it too FOREVERRRRRRR for anything to even be done once it became evident. Besides, with the (almost) total wipeout of the Ponies' program I think this felt to many like real overkill.

As far as many kids are concerned I think for the most part it matters little. Certainly if a program were to be found guilty of violations and as a result scholarships reduced and/or visits limited/eliminated and even, if circumstances warranted a coach or coaches were fired, for the recruits they'd never likely feel any pain. The only other thing that might act as a minor deterrent would be if a program was prevented from going to bowls (even then a likely "no big deal").

The bottom line is that IMO the "shading", "fudging", and even blatant breaking of rules by many programs is so pervasive and wide spread and the NCAA is so weak-willed that enforcing the rules has become virtually impossible.

I think the practice is so systemic, especially in our conference it really comes down to who would the NCAA focus on.  Let's face it, football recruiting has been the slimy underbelly of collegiate athletics for a really long time.  As the years have gone on, the complexity of recruiting incentives has evolved as well.  I believe for the NCAA to go after one institution over recruiting violations, they're going to have to be really motivated to do so.

The Boar War

Quote from: I mustache you a question on February 04, 2016, 12:48:33 pm
I wonder if Ole Piss paid for that guy to jump out of the airplane to announce??? Just curious, haha :razorback:

They gave him a choice.  "Do you want to make this jump with or without a parachute?"

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 04, 2016, 02:11:00 pm
At this point, I really do wish we would start offering incentives.  Nobody gets in much trouble for it - if you are smart about it, it is almost impossible to get caught - and I am all for the athletes getting a little money for themselves anyway.  I don't really have the money, but I sure wish someone would have offered Fulton's dad a recurring catering job for Hog tailgates for about $10k a game, with all travel expenses paid and let him show up with an order of wings.

Hard to figure out if you are serious.  But if you are, just go ahead and wash your mouth out with soap...

Hoggish1

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 04, 2016, 02:33:23 pm
There is zero punishment that the NCAA is willing to give now that deters pay for play or these pray for play blasphemous schemes in college football. The system is corrupt. Only fools believe in working within the restrictions of a corrupt system.  It reeks to high heavens kinda like our federal government Wall Street.

Fixed it for you, carry on...

3kgthog

I think we were on the verge of accepting the fact that we've got to play the game when we got the Batmobile for Batman Carroll. That got a dirty look and we haven't really pulled out all the stops for any player since. The sad thing is that it worked.

Vantage 8 dude

February 04, 2016, 05:49:24 pm #61 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:37:48 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2016, 04:58:21 pm
Fixed it for you, carry on...
While I don't necessarily argue with you concerning Wall Street, are you really saying that Washington isn't as loaded, if not more so, with greed, slime and out and out liars?! ??? :puke:

hollywood hog

I'll tell you what, Michigan is quickly becoming my second favorite team.  Feeding us some stud players and now hopefully looking to burn ole miss to the ground.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 04, 2016, 05:56:34 pm
I'll tell you what, Michigan is quickly becoming my second favorite team.  Feeding us some stud players and now hopefully looking to burn ole miss to the ground.
And hopefully beating the suckeyes every year

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: scruf on February 04, 2016, 04:23:59 pm
Same posters get on the same threads and are like, "Everyone's cheating except Arkansas. Arkansas should cheat." We get it, now post some original thoughts and not the same recycled garbage.

I have to be honest. I think Arkansas cheats just like everyone else. Maybe its just our location, like some suggest. The lack of local talent is def factor. I would guess we make the same back room deals that other schools are making. And I'm fine with it. At the end of the day the student athlete still has to go where they are happy for the next four years. All other things being equal. And I'm guessing they are.

Once CBB begins to win and gets us ranked consistently we will see more and more of those big names picking the Arkansas hat.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 04, 2016, 02:11:00 pm
At this point, I really do wish we would start offering incentives.  Nobody gets in much trouble for it - if you are smart about it, it is almost impossible to get caught - and I am all for the athletes getting a little money for themselves anyway.  I don't really have the money, but I sure wish someone would have offered Fulton's dad a recurring catering job for Hog tailgates for about $10k a game, with all travel expenses paid and let him show up with an order of wings.

integrity ranks higher for me than winning, so i would not be willing to cheat to improve our football record. it has nothing to do with getting caught. its about character.

respirback

When the NCAA let Auburn get away with paying Cam Newton they set a precedent that nobody can get in trouble.

hollywood hog

Quote from: respirback on February 04, 2016, 06:55:23 pm
When the NCAA let Auburn get away with paying Cam Newton they set a precedent that nobody can get in trouble.

I think these recent sanctions were kind of a warning shot to OM.  Next one they will go for a kill shot.  This is a perennial doormat we're talking about here.  They are not above the law. 

TDHawgs

Just another thing for the NCAA to turn their heads at.  Nothing to see here, move along!

Meanwhile we still have our integrity.  :razorback: :razorback:

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 04, 2016, 03:59:52 pm
This.
I won't say that the coaches from either Auburn or OM are involved, but OM has exploded into relevance like SMU.

Something's fishy.
Smells rotten

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 12:13:16 pm
There have already been rumors that something went down between Gary and Ole Miss.  God, I hope this it.

I was reading the article posted in the OP above and I saw the breakdown of Ole Mrs's class.  They got 3 freakin 5star recruits and 12 4stars, 9 3stars and they didnt even have to take a 2star.

There is something really really fishy going on in Oxvegas, but if you talk to a Rebel fan, they truly think its all on the up and up and these kids just love Hugh Freeze.  Its almost comical how they have brainwashed themselves to the point that they really do believe it.  Hugh F is getting all these kids JUST BECAUSE they just want to come to play in Oxford and all this talk about violations is a conspiracy to hate on Ole Miss.  Everybody just doesnt want to see OM do well so they are making all this stuff up about cheating.  They really believe that or they are really convincing when they say it. 

I used to not have a problem with OM and if Ark couldnt be successful, I would pull for them, but they think they are Gods gift to college football and I, too, hope that the NCAA gets all up in their "bidness" and burns them for the crapt they are pulling.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 04, 2016, 05:49:24 pm
While I doubt necessarily argue with you concerning Wall Street, are you really saying that Washington isn't as loaded, if not more so, with greed, slime and out and out liars?! ??? :puke:

Who buys them...?

Hoggish1

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 04, 2016, 06:07:29 pm
I have to be honest. I think Arkansas cheats just like everyone else.

Stop thinking.  That's your problem...

31to6

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 04, 2016, 06:07:29 pm
I have to be honest. I think Arkansas cheats just like everyone else.
I don't think we cheat like everyone else.

We clearly don't cheat very well at all.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 04, 2016, 08:26:21 pm
I was reading the article posted in the OP above and I saw the breakdown of Ole Mrs's class.  They got 3 freakin 5star recruits and 12 4stars, 9 3stars and they didnt even have to take a 2star.

There is something really really fishy going on in Oxvegas, but if you talk to a Rebel fan, they truly think its all on the up and up and these kids just love Hugh Freeze.  Its almost comical how they have brainwashed themselves to the point that they really do believe it.  Hugh F is getting all these kids JUST BECAUSE they just want to come to play in Oxford and all this talk about violations is a conspiracy to hate on Ole Miss.  Everybody just doesnt want to see OM do well so they are making all this stuff up about cheating.  They really believe that or they are really convincing when they say it. 

I used to not have a problem with OM and if Ark couldnt be successful, I would pull for them, but they think they are Gods gift to college football and I, too, hope that the NCAA gets all up in their "bidness" and burns them for the crapt they are pulling.

I do a lot of business with some ole miss fans. They all agree something is going on.  They laugh and shrug and are all taking the wait and see attitude while saying it better pay off.  They were making the same comments we were, the Bama's and Auburns have been doing it now why don't we. 

longpig

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 04, 2016, 07:53:29 pm
Cats and Dogs living together?! Mass Hysteria!

We have a cat and a dog living together, and they're both dudes.
Don't be scared, be smart.

jacobp

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2016, 10:26:08 pm
I do a lot of business with some ole miss fans. They all agree something is going on.  They laugh and shrug and are all taking the wait and see attitude while saying it better pay off.  They were making the same comments we were, the Bama's and Auburns have been doing it now why don't we.
This. All my friends in Oxford are fairly convinced they are cheating but just doing a damn good job of hiding it.

pigture perfect

The folks in Hotty Totty land, are saying all this happened under HDN. I'm not buying it. He won his first 2 years with someone else's players, and his last 2 years could not have been worse for them. OM and AU definitely should be brought down, but they won't.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

longpig

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 04, 2016, 11:30:02 pm
The folks in Hotty Totty land, are saying all this happened under HDN. I'm not buying it. He won his first 2 years with someone else's players, and his last 2 years could not have been worse for them. OM and AU definitely should be brought down, but they won't.

HDN offered incentives to Rashan Gary? ;D

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: longpig on February 04, 2016, 02:31:21 pm

I can't tell if the NCAA is toothless or if they just 'give them rope' to make for an easy case.

The NCAA is much like our Dept. of Justice.  They selectively enforce the laws, when & where they want to.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

longpig

February 05, 2016, 12:38:43 am #82 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:02:46 am by longpig
Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on February 05, 2016, 12:30:56 am
The NCAA is much like our Dept. of Justice.  They selectively enforce the laws, when & where they want to.

They never prosecuted Jade Helm for invading Texas?

scorekeeper

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 04:02:08 pm
Bama's been winning national championships.  I'd prefer we didn't add another juggernaut to the west.  Don't you agree?
And who would that juggernaut be? Even with a top recruiting class  Ole Miss still struggles to put it all together. 
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

hogfanny

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on February 04, 2016, 03:12:33 pm
Recruiting is corrupt because people are corrupt. If you want true honesty in sports try correcting the dishonesty of people in general. In a country where Ashley Madison gets mad because hackers stole their data, the NSA gets mad because one of their hackers hacked their data, and All of our presidential candidates get mad because other candidates were better at stealing the election than they were, we are just spinning our wheels complaining about one multimillionaire coach stealing recruits from another multimillionaire coach.
I agree. Lets break out a lie detecter on some people.

Wildhog

Quote from: scorekeeper on February 05, 2016, 06:28:45 am
And who would that juggernaut be? Even with a top recruiting class  Ole Miss still struggles to put it all together. 

They keep recruiting like they are they will eventually put it all together.

Besides, they just won the friggin' Sugar Bowl.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977