Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Incentives offered to Rashan Gary according to reports

Started by billmontgomery10, February 04, 2016, 12:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

billmontgomery10

It is being reported today that more than one of the colleges in the mix offered #1 in the nation recruit Rashan Gary "incentives" to try and pull him away from Michigan. I hope the NCAA will interview Gary and those making the accusations because two of the teams in the final mix were Ole Miss and Auburn.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Jim-Hackett-Rashan-Gary-offered-incentives-during-recruitment-43471333?Referer=CBSSPORTS

theFlyingHog

Maybe something will come from this. Like, burn ole miss and auburn

HogFoo

Be nice if he come out and gave some proof of some sort.  I mean, we already knew ole miss and aubbie had bagmen.   Be nice to catch them tho finally.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Iceman

Quote from: theFlyingHog on February 04, 2016, 12:13:17 pm
Maybe something will come from this. Like, burn ole miss and auburn

I hope those two crap holes burn to the ground, figuratively of course.

Wildhog

There have already been rumors that something went down between Gary and Ole Miss.  God, I hope this it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RussVegas Hawg

There is ZERO doubt in my mind that ole piss and Aubbie cheat however, that same doubt exist that the joke ncaa will do anything about it.

PLHawg

Ole Mi$$ is selling their soul right now for instant gratification.  It will come back and bite them, they aren't Bama, they aren't untouchable.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 12:13:16 pm
There have already been rumors that something went down between Gary and Ole Miss.  God, I hope this it.

Watching Ole Miss burn would be fun.  It's obvious they are cheating more than most schools do.  I don't care what any apologist for Ole Miss says, they went from the KKK school and pariah for black athletes to MOFO dragging them down to consistent top 10 recruiting overnight.  That just doesn't happen.  It's as obvious as anything you will ever see that money is changing hands.  It may be a beautifully elaborate booster system where the coaches don't even know the specifics, but it's there nonetheless.

Porquemada

southarkhog06

I guess it was the sleepovers that finally won him over.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 12:13:16 pm

I wouldn't make too much of this until things go further.  Day one headlines don't always turn into Day 365 results.  That said, I am very surprised that when the news about the NCAA letter to Ole Miss came out, most pointed to possible HDN era infractions.  To my mind, the Tunsil stuff was serious and it shouldn't have been just him who was punished.  Certainly a lack of control evident in that episode.

EFBAB

COCHISE

I'm sure Gary is just 1 of at least 100 guys that signed yesterday that were offered incentives at some point in the recruiting process. This will go nowhere because Gary will say nothing. That's just how it works.

secneahog

Glad our coach is uncommon, but still gets knocked by people on NSD.

I absolutely love this class. Robb Smith was very excited in his interview.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

onebadrubi

Don't get too worked up.  Unless Gary accepted the "benefits" and then wants to tell on himself then the ncaa will say nothing to see here.

If he were to say that Ole Miss offered me incentives, we would just hear about their being a possibility but no evidence so move along 

Wildhog

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 04, 2016, 12:25:05 pm
I wouldn't make too much of this until things go further.  Day one headlines don't always turn into Day 365 results.  That said, I am very surprised that when the news about the NCAA letter to Ole Miss came out, most pointed to possible HDN era infractions.  To my mind, the Tunsil stuff was serious and it shouldn't have been just him who was punished.  Certainly a lack of control evident in that episode.

EFBAB

Oh, I expect this to go absolutely nowhere.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2016, 12:37:52 pm
Don't get too worked up.  Unless Gary accepted the "benefits" and then wants to tell on himself then the ncaa will say nothing to see here.

If he were to say that Ole Miss offered me incentives, we would just hear about their being a possibility but no evidence so move along 

Yeah, that about sums it up.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

greenie

This will go nowhere beyond message boards.  It's disappointing, but true.

I mustache you a question

I wonder if Ole Piss paid for that guy to jump out of the airplane to announce??? Just curious, haha :razorback:
"I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain." – Michael Vick

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 12:37:55 pm
Oh, I expect this to go absolutely nowhere.

But isn't it just a little bit interesting to think they have finally slipped up? 

One of these days they will make a fatal error that catches up to them and I will feel good about it.

Johnny Reb needs to cry again...

Beavthompson

Clemson and Ole Miss are both very dirty programs. I'm ready to see what happens when the IRS gets involved. Somebody's business will tank and people will come looking for their money back and find it went into some recruits pocket
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

COCHISE

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2016, 12:50:15 pm
But isn't it just a little bit interesting to think they have finally slipped up? 

One of these days they will make a fatal error that catches up to them and I will feel good about it.

Johnny Reb needs to cry again...
Finally?? Tunsil missed over half the season last year because of this type of stuff.

LRrazorback

MS and Aubie offering incentives, I'm stunned. These two fine institutions wouldn't do something so dishonest

Sooie71923

PLHawg

Just out of curiosity, anyone know of the last college football program to get nailed really hard for recruiting violations?  USC/Reggie Busch stuff happened while he was in school, as were the players at Miami.  Seriously, is it SMU?

Dwight_K_Shrute

As far as nothing being said, you never know.  Jim Harbaugh can be a bit of d**k.  Also the Big thinks they are all high and mighty.  So you never know just to gig the SEC Jim may encourage that the issue be explored.  Heck Urban Myer said yesterday the NCAA needs to beef up enforcement.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: COCHISE on February 04, 2016, 12:55:04 pm
Finally?? Tunsil missed over half the season last year because of this type of stuff.

Yes, he did, but the institution did not receive so much as a wrist slap. 

EFBAB

cardinalandwhite

Anyone else wonder why this guy is risking hi is own school's top recruit getting nailed for taking improper benefits?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Polecat

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 04, 2016, 12:25:09 pm
Watching Ole Miss burn would be fun.  It's obvious they are cheating more than most schools do.  I don't care what any apologist for Ole Miss says, they went from the KKK school and pariah for black athletes to MOFO dragging them down to consistent top 10 recruiting overnight.  That just doesn't happen.  It's as obvious as anything you will ever see that money is changing hands.  It may be a beautifully elaborate booster system where the coaches don't even know the specifics, but it's there nonetheless.

this
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

onebadrubi

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on February 04, 2016, 01:28:16 pm
Anyone else wonder why this guy is risking hi is own school's top recruit getting nailed for taking improper benefits?

He spoke out of the manner of to follow suit like his coach.  He didn't fully think before speaking and what came out of his lips was the directive of Harbaugh, and that is to try and belittle, punish, or one up the SEC or any of their programs at any chance you can.  At that moment he thought his one liner was only going to hurt Ole Miss.  I highly doubt it comes back to harm Michigan or Gary, I sure would love some more light be shed on the instance and for Gary and his very outspoken mother to say something about what happened or offered.  His mom didn't seem to miss the chance for an interview in the recruiting process.

KlubhouseKonnected

If the NCAA actually wanted to crack down on this they would occasionally, select random blue chip athletes to be granted a form of "rules immunity" in exchange for cooperation with investigations of any of the schools they did not sign with.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogfan870

At this point, I really do wish we would start offering incentives.  Nobody gets in much trouble for it - if you are smart about it, it is almost impossible to get caught - and I am all for the athletes getting a little money for themselves anyway.  I don't really have the money, but I sure wish someone would have offered Fulton's dad a recurring catering job for Hog tailgates for about $10k a game, with all travel expenses paid and let him show up with an order of wings.

scorekeeper

I don't see why we want Ole Miss and Auburn to get slapped by the NCAA. We are beating them on the field. I would love for Bama to get caught doing wrong. That opens up the door for us.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Wildhog

Quote from: scorekeeper on February 04, 2016, 02:14:27 pm
I don't see why we want Ole Miss and Auburn to get slapped by the NCAA. We are beating them on the field. I would love for Bama to get caught doing wrong. That opens up the door for us.

Because we don't want Ole Miss to continue to win Sugar Bowls?
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGS82

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 04, 2016, 02:11:00 pm
At this point, I really do wish we would start offering incentives.  Nobody gets in much trouble for it - if you are smart about it, it is almost impossible to get caught - and I am all for the athletes getting a little money for themselves anyway.  I don't really have the money, but I sure wish someone would have offered Fulton's dad a recurring catering job for Hog tailgates for about $10k a game, with all travel expenses paid and let him show up with an order of wings.

He would have reported us as fast as he could pick up the phone. That man hates everything about Arkansas.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

scorekeeper

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2016, 02:12:54 pm
Because we don't want Ole Miss to continue to win Sugar Bowls?
But we are fine with Bama winning National Championships?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

COCHISE

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on February 04, 2016, 01:22:24 pm
Yes, he did, but the institution did not receive so much as a wrist slap. 

EFBAB
Nope. Which is why it will continue. And why not? You can cheat and bring in the nations top o-lineman and IF you get caught, you sit the player for a few games. If you don't get caught, said player goes on to help you win some games. If you weigh risk vs. reward, it's worth the gamble knowing the NCAA won't do anything about it.

Tony Perkis

With the amount of times we've seen this, its a wonder nothing has ever came out of it. Thus, I don't expect anything to this time.

XavierZane

With Arkansas luck, if we tried to start offering 'incentives' our first try would be to the a new NCAA undercover recruit, deputized to sniff out recruiting violations.  We'd get the worst penalty since SMU.  Then the next year everybody would agree that amateurism is a obsolete ideal in college sports, so who cares about recruiting violations?

And then probably an earthquake.

KlubhouseKonnected

NCAA has no reason to rock the boat, their cash machine keeps them paid regardless of whether the contributors are getting a fair shake or not.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2016, 02:26:13 pm
With Arkansas luck, if we tried to start offering 'incentives' our first try would be to the a new NCAA undercover recruit, deputized to sniff out recruiting violations.  We'd get the worst penalty since SMU.  Then the next year everybody would agree that amateurism is a obsolete ideal in college sports, so who cares about recruiting violations?

And then probably an earthquake.

This. Also dogs would start marrying cats.

hogfan870

Quote from: HOGS82 on February 04, 2016, 02:16:41 pm
He would have reported us as fast as he could pick up the phone. That man hates everything about Arkansas.

First, I agree that Fulton's dad may not have been the best example - that was kind of a joke.  However, you do it in person and don't put anything in writing - doubt anything would ever come of it anyway.  Would be very difficult to prove - think Cam Newton. 

longpig

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 04, 2016, 12:22:59 pm
There is ZERO doubt in my mind that ole piss and Aubbie cheat however, that same doubt exist that the joke ncaa will do anything about it.

I can't tell if the NCAA is toothless or if they just 'give them rope' to make for an easy case.
Don't be scared, be smart.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

There is zero punishment that the NCAA is willing to give now that deters pay for play or these pray for play blasphemous schemes in college football. The system is corrupt. Only fools believe in working within the restrictions of a corrupt system.  It reeks to high heavens kinda like our federal government.

Also, we cheat a little bit too. We just don't do it well enough and a couple guys helping to pass through car loans isn't enough in today's black marketplace.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

southarkhog06

Quote from: longpig on February 04, 2016, 02:31:21 pm
I can't tell if the NCAA is toothless or if they just 'give them rope' to make for an easy case.
I have actually had this same thought, maybe the NCAA is just smarter than everyone and is waiting till the right moment. doubtful but it is a posibility.

Seebs

It only takes one. Give a kid 100K and it is determined he didn't pay taxes on it - he will sing like a canary.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

rabidrazorbacks

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 04, 2016, 02:29:57 pm
First, I agree that Fulton's dad may not have been the best example - that was kind of a joke.  However, you do it in person and don't put anything in writing - doubt anything would ever come of it anyway.  Would be very difficult to prove - think Cam Newton.

I wonder how often a recruit accepts money from somewhere and signs somewhere else? It's not like you can really say anything about them doing it! That would be our luck!

PorkRinds

Quote from: rabidrazorbacks on February 04, 2016, 02:39:46 pm
I wonder how often a recruit accepts money from somewhere and signs somewhere else? It's not like you can really say anything about them doing it! That would be our luck!

There are safeguards in place, you can bet.

longpig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 04, 2016, 02:27:56 pm
NCAA has no reason to rock the boat, their cash machine keeps them paid regardless of whether the contributors are getting a fLair shake or not.

I disagree, parity in the sport makes the NCAA more money than having a handful of good teams.  50 legitimate contenders and all that comes with makes the NCAA a lot more money than the same old 5 or 6 contenders year after year.  If the NCAA were strictly in it for the money then they would only allow teams with the largest fan bases to cheat and crack down on the ones who challenge those teams.

DoctorSusscrofa

Recruiting is corrupt because people are corrupt. If you want true honesty in sports try correcting the dishonesty of people in general. In a country where Ashley Madison gets mad because hackers stole their data, the NSA gets mad because one of their hackers hacked their data, and All of our presidential candidates get mad because other candidates were better at stealing the election than they were, we are just spinning our wheels complaining about one multimillionaire coach stealing recruits from another multimillionaire coach.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

longpig

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 03:01:00 pm
There are safeguards in place, you can bet.

And one of those safeguards is loyalty. None of these kids are going to betray the most important person in their lives, and that's who the bagman goes to.