Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know if some of you are trolls or just really annoying, but...

Started by Hawgfan5, February 03, 2016, 09:02:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatmanhog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2016, 10:30:06 pm
2017 Recruiting Strategy
#1 Kick the North Dakota College of Sciences assistant coach who is a Florida fan in the balls.
this except with both feet at the same time.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 03, 2016, 09:15:47 pm
Well...except for the OLB that Saban offered recently that visited Bama this weekend but committed to us instead.  Otherwise...yeah

Thought I read here that seven of our commits had Alabama offers

razorbacker3

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 03, 2016, 09:11:11 pm
We are not competing with  Alabama and Ohio st. for recruits.  Have we made some progress in Louisiana? Sure.
Seven of our signees were offered scholarships to Alabama this year. Not asked to visit, not got a letter, but seven that would have signed with Alabama if they wished. Makes me think we are competing somewhat.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: bigred223 on February 04, 2016, 12:24:38 pm
People act like being 25th and 12th are that different. It really isn't. Outside of the top tier (1-10) it's all really subjective. Top 25 are good enough to win at a high level if you keep guys around and develop them. Go hogs.
Top 10 (so far)
Alabama 92.85   24             13 Florida    88.73     25
FSU        91.71   25             14 Tenn      89.60     21
LSU        91.60   24             18  A&M      88.71     21
Ohio St.  91.57   25             20  Zero U   87.78     20
Mich       89.96   29             25 Arkansas 86.93     20
Ole Miss  90.92   24
Georgia   91.48   20
USC        91.11   20
Auburn    91.06   21
Clemson  90.85   20

We would be 6th in the Big 10.  We would be 4th in the ACC.  4th in the Big 12, 4th in the ACC and 4th in the PAC 12.  But unfortunately we are 9th in the SEC.  My point is that we continue to close the gap in the important average of recruit.  4 years ago it was 80, now it is 87.

Closing to the very top in recruiting is like losing those last 20 pounds on the biggest loser.  It is really hard compared to the first 80 pounds.  That is where we are.  As long as we aren't taking steps back, and are at least maintaining, we have a shot to pull it off as we go forward.  If we had closed with those last 3 we would've been in 15th place instead of 25th.  that is how slim the margins are between where we are and where we want to be.

razorbacker3

Quote from: mhuff on February 04, 2016, 06:14:33 pm
Thought I read here that seven of our commits had Alabama offers
Agim, Whaley, Capps, Jordan, Guidry, Hammonds, and Harris

Hawgfan5

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2016, 10:27:28 pm
I know this is shocking, but it is possible to believe in this staff, be excited about or future and to still recognize that we got kicked in the balls today and made some mistakes in our recruiting.  Sometimes smart people screw up and fail.  The finish to this class was a colossal flop.  The beginning and middle were strong.  I'll be cheering in the Spring and fall.  In the meantime, I'll be hoping our coaches learned from their mistakes and we do better next time.  It's not an either/or proposition.

Did u listen to Coach B's press conference summarizing our recruiting class? I have no doubt that he hoped Fulton, Porter, or some of the others would jump on board but it seems abundantly clear to me that going into NSD the players our staff needed were secured. In CBB's words...anything else would be a luxury. Would porter or Fulton be a great player for us? Yes. Do we have who we need at that position already? According to CBB, yes. Looking at our team and our signees I see no reason to think otherwise.

Between u and Coach B I'll defer to coach B on this sort of stuff

Hawgfan5

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 04, 2016, 06:32:13 pm
Agim, Whaley, Capps, Jordan, Guidry, Hammonds, and Harris

You are correct and Saban spent the final recruiting weekend of the season going all out trying to get Harris while he was on a visit there.

AirForceHog

Love this class.

What were all the trolls expecting? 5 stars every position?

CBB did well. Great no. But definitely not a bad class at all. Coach em up!
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 09:08:06 pm
Or some of us don't want to be a 500 team anymore!
Now that's a BRILLIANT bit of observation. Wow, are you and Bobby Shields going to formally hook up to write volumes more of insightful, hard-hitting journalistic pieces?! I know we fans have long been deprived of deep and thoughtful "truths" such as yours. Praise the lord the long drought is over.  :puke:

BTW I always find it very interesting to observe how certain "fans" react to such things. Instead of rejoicing in the exceptional young men that we did sign, and YES I believe they are, so many want to moan, groan, and bitch about the ones that got away. Kind of reminds of the guy who complained about the boatful of fish he already had just because of the one "lunker" he didn't catch.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 05, 2016, 12:15:07 am
Did u listen to Coach B's press conference summarizing our recruiting class? I have no doubt that he hoped Fulton, Porter, or some of the others would jump on board but it seems abundantly clear to me that going into NSD the players our staff needed were secured. In CBB's words...anything else would be a luxury. Would porter or Fulton be a great player for us? Yes. Do we have who we need at that position already? According to CBB, yes. Looking at our team and our signees I see no reason to think otherwise.

Between u and Coach B I'll defer to coach B on this sort of stuff

What do you expect him to say?  "Hey, we whiffed on all the guys that are elite enough to put us over the top against Bama but don't worry, we'll still keep the losses close!"  Of course not.  His job is to rally the troops, accentuate the positive and get better.  He knows they missed an opportunity and need to do better even if he can't say it.  He wouldnt have gone all in on these kids if he didn't know how important it was.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  When you lose, you need to adapt, tweak your system and get back out there.  I'm quite sure that's what he will be doing.

buldozer

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 05, 2016, 12:41:56 pm
  He wouldnt have gone all in on these kids if he didn't know how important it was.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  When you lose, you need to adapt, tweak your system and get back out there.  I'm quite sure that's what he will be doing.
I sure hope so.... If we win 9 or 10 games next year, he will have a better chance at that caliber of player and hopefully we get a couple next year

TexasRazorback

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 03, 2016, 09:02:06 pm
I'm in my 30s, and I'm a lifelong, hardcore Razorback fan. I'm old enough to remember the snake oil salesman that was HDN, and I was present for the Miracle on Markham II and our top ten win over USCe bc i was a season ticket holder at the time. I say all of that just to tell u I'm not a closet fan of another team being a  troll.

Some of you Negative Nancy's are either so young or so stupid that you don't remember us competing with Sun Belt schools like ULM for LA kids under Nutt for recruits. Now we are competing nationally for kids against Bama and Ohio State and winning some of those recruits. But on NSD now u log on here to complain about how we lost the #3 CB to their home state school bc you have no perspective. 5 years ago that kid would have never had us in their top 3 for u to get disappointed about. Some of you need to think first and post later. We have a great incoming class of young men.

Cant agree more +1

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: AirForceHog on February 05, 2016, 01:24:32 am
Love this class.

What were all the trolls expecting? 5 stars every position?

CBB did well. Great no. But definitely not a bad class at all. Coach em up!

I didn't see anyone saying it was a bad class.  In fact, the "trolls" as you call them (which would include me, I'm sure) said exactly what you just said.  not a great class.  solid class.  not a bad class either.  So I guess that makes you a troll.  Welcome to the club.

Biggus Piggus

Best players in the 2002 recruiting class:

OT Tony Ugoh -- all-SEC as a senior
LB Sam Olajubutu -- unrated with no other decent offer, good player
WR Desmond Sims -- lightly recruited, turned into a good LB
WR Michael Coe -- unrated, turned into a good DB
OG Gene Perry -- decent juco
OT Zac Tubbs
S Vickiel Vaughn

Pretty amazing huh? The 2000-03 recruiting classes had incredible rates of attrition. Only the 2001 class brought in really difference-making talent, such as Matt Jones and Shawn Andrews.
[CENSORED]!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 05, 2016, 01:33:45 pm
I didn't see anyone saying it was a bad class.  In fact, the "trolls" as you call them (which would include me, I'm sure) said exactly what you just said.  not a great class.  solid class.  not a bad class either.  So I guess that makes you a troll.  Welcome to the club.
Not surprisingly, at least based on the vast majority of your posts over the past week or so, you totally misinterpreted what the poster was saying. If you bother to go back and check there were any number of folks on here who were moaning and groaning that we missed out on kids like Cleveland, Fulton and Porter and despite our earlier recruiting successes, pretty much ready to term this class "disappointing". Gosh, we had no NSD "fireworks" from any of these hotly contested kids; therefore, some were ready to basically tar and feather the staff because of their "failures" late in the process. Well for those folks I say "stuff it". IMO our class, while we always want more, was a very high quality class that for the most part filled out needs. While we perhaps could have added at least one more OL and we ended up missing at CB, in great part thanks to Putu's last minute flip, most seem to feel we pretty much "nailed it".

While I don't believe that those who don't necessarily agree with the overall assessment of this class are "trolls", let's also face reality. There are a certain few "hardcores" who are never going to be satisfied. I suspect that even if it were possible, which it isn't, for us to sign 25 five stars in every class you'd still hear b#tchng and complaining about something or other from a dedicated group of cretins. IMO this is the true definition of "trolls" and malcontents. I just wish these few could be eliminated from this site forever.

hawginbigd1

The prior 3 years I have been exactly where you are at, this year I am not. I am disappointed at the overall fact that this class is not better than the last and is slightly behind last years. It is a pretty good class, but not as good as I expected. which is the definition of being disappointed.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 05, 2016, 02:50:09 pm
The prior 3 years I have been exactly where you are at, this year I am not. I am disappointed at the overall fact that this class is not better than the last and is slightly behind last years. It is a pretty good class, but not as good as I expected. which is the definition of being disappointed.
Ultimate question is: Does this make you a "troll"? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
What were Batman and Lawrence Richardson ranked?  How about Joe Ferguson?  Loyd Phillips?  Were they Arkansas kids?

I've been around for a while myself.  The narrative that Arkansas has never signed talent before and that the recruiting we are now seeing far surpasses anything in our history is inaccurate to say the least.

How many first team All-Americans have we had over the years, and how many of them were from out of state?

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

If I am not mistaken Broyles signed one class that contained Dicus, Dick Bumpas, James, Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett (all-time leading scorer in SWC history when he graduated), Rick Kersey, Jerry Moore, and so forth.  I wonder what that class' national rank would have been?

If you are excited with our current recruiting, by all means be excited.  But...it's not really necessary, and probably not accurate, to try to tell everyone else they've never seen anything that compares with it.

Good grief.

You compare a class to others where the comparison doesn't work. Let us count the ways:

1. Petrino did not have a hard 25/year cap when he arrived. We have had that for CBB's tenure.
2. That rule is called the "Nutt Rule" from his first class at Ole Miss, following his time at UA...which coincided with one of the two times since circa 1985 that the state of Arkansas produced more than one difference maker in a four year period. (The other period was that one glorious class with Adams, Childs, Wright, etc. Nutt had a lot of those type players in his time.)
3. The first decade of the SEC was marked by consistently being unable to compete with whomever was at the top of the conference.
4. Hatfield should have copyrighted the "doing more with less" mantra. The flexbone and a decent amount of in-state talent were able to win in a SWC depressed by UT being down, and everyone else wound up on probation.
5. Holtz recruited a handful of good players and should get credit for that. Gary Anderson, Billy Ray Smith, JR, Ron Faurot, Steve Korte, etc, joined a nice collection of in-staters like Ray Richardson and Dan Hampton.
6. Broyles...holy hell, are we really going to compare recruiting, pre-integration, to the current five-ring circus?

The recruiting world is COMPLETELY different in many ways. You note a lot of good talent, but at every point in Arkansas' grand history that we had elite-level teams we had elite-level players from Arkansas leading the way. Arkansas fans should be thankful for Fayetteville HS - it gave UA 3 of its in-state starters last year.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Sir Oinksalot

...coaching stability and a good level headed plan has us on the rise.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

opineonswine

I'm in my 30s, and I'm a lifelong, hardcore Razorback fan. I'm old enough to remember the snake oil salesman that was HDN, and I was present for the Miracle on Markham II and our top ten win over USCe bc i was a season ticket holder at the time. I say all of that just to tell u I'm not a closet fan of another team being a  troll.

Some of you Negative Nancy's are either so young or so stupid that you don't remember us competing with Sun Belt schools like ULM for LA kids under Nutt for recruits. Now we are competing nationally for kids against Bama and Ohio State and winning some of those recruits. But on NSD now u log on here to complain about how we lost the #3 CB to their home state school bc you have no perspective. 5 years ago that kid would have never had us in their top 3 for u to get disappointed about. Some of you need to think first and post later. We have a great incoming class of young men.

You get a big ole ATTABOY from me. 

Hawgfan5

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 05, 2016, 12:41:56 pm
What do you expect him to say?  "Hey, we whiffed on all the guys that are elite enough to put us over the top against Bama but don't worry, we'll still keep the losses close!"  Of course not.  His job is to rally the troops, accentuate the positive and get better.  He knows they missed an opportunity and need to do better even if he can't say it.  He wouldnt have gone all in on these kids if he didn't know how important it was.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  When you lose, you need to adapt, tweak your system and get back out there.  I'm quite sure that's what he will be doing.

Of course he wouldn't say that but looking at the scholarship offers of the kids that are coming here next year gives credence to CBB's words. 7 of our 20 commits had offers from Bama. Like I said...did he want those guys? Yes. Were they the focus of our recruiting class?  No...obviously...bc they were only focused on in the last few weeks. You can view that 2 ways...either our staff was happy with who they had and aimed high for a home run or two to close out the class or they were woefully disappointed in a class that 1/3 of which had offers from Bama and said "Oh s**t! We need to bring some of the highest rated recruits in the nation to save my a**!"

No...the 2nd scenario didn't happen. CBB is happy with our class and the needs that we met in our roster.  Sorry to disappoint you.

Steef

Hawgfan5

We are not competing with  Alabama and Ohio st. for recruits.  Have we made some progress in Louisiana? Sure.

Check your facts...then post.

JIHawg

Post of the year nomination

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 05, 2016, 02:50:09 pm
Look at my info I posted:
Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on February 04, 2016, 06:25:38 pm

Top 10 (so far)
Alabama 92.85   24             13 Florida    88.73     25
FSU        91.71   25             14 Tenn      89.60     21
LSU        91.60   24             18  A&M      88.71     21
Ohio St.  91.57   25             20  Zero U   87.78     20
Mich       89.96   29             25 Arkansas 86.93     20
Ole Miss  90.92   24
Georgia   91.48   20
USC        91.11   20
Auburn    91.06   21
Clemson  90.85   20

We would be 6th in the Big 10.  We would be 4th in the ACC.  4th in the Big 12, 4th in the ACC and 4th in the PAC 12.  But unfortunately we are 9th in the SEC.  My point is that we continue to close the gap in the important average of recruit.  4 years ago it was 80, now it is 87.

Closing to the very top in recruiting is like losing those last 20 pounds on the biggest loser.  It is really hard compared to the first 80 pounds.  That is where we are.  As long as we aren't taking steps back, and are at least maintaining, we have a shot to pull it off as we go forward.  If we had closed with those last 3 we would've been in 15th place instead of 25th.  that is how slim the margins are between where we are and where we want to be.
I argue that this class is as good or slightly better than last year, not worse like you claim. The average quality of the recruits is better if you compare the averages.  The only reason it is overall lower at 25 instead of 23 is because we only have 20 recruits with the ability to add whatever we want as we go forward.

At the very WORST we are completely equal to last year, not lower in quality.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bigred223 on February 04, 2016, 12:24:38 pm
People act like being 25th and 12th are that different. It really isn't. Outside of the top tier (1-10) it's all really subjective. Top 25 are good enough to win at a high level if you keep guys around and develop them. Go hogs.

Exactly, beyond the top 10 or so, the next 20 classes are very similar. Every year.
[CENSORED]!

ShadowHawg

This isn't true. Our exposure to high level recruits began during Petrino's time here. He was getting official visits from a lot big time recruits but couldn't close. It takes time to build a brand on a national level but it is myth that this program was anywhere near an all time low when CBB got here. He was only 1 year removed from back to back top 10 finishes.

CBB is also getting high level talent to visit. We aren't closing yet, but the more we can get to visit the better our chances will be going forward. If CBB and staff keep knocking on the door like they are now it will open up for them.

But this notion that our program was mangled and in shambles after back to back top 10 finishes is just revisionist history, plain and simple.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 06, 2016, 06:52:59 pm
Check your facts...then post.

If you think we are going head to head and down to the wire with Alabama and Ohio state for recruits. Then you have lost your d@mn mind. We can hardly getting the recruits that are from Arkansas to stay.

redeye

To those suggesting otherwise, this is a very good class.  It was close to being much better, but we lost out on numerous players, such as Cleveland, Fulton, Pollard and Putu, among many others.  We don't have many 4-5 star players, but it's full of players who are underrated, imo, which is why so many have offers from other good schools.  Putu is an example of this class, because it's full of players like him, and even though we didn't get Putu, our average player rating would have taken a hit if we had.

I've yet to scout a couple of players who committed late, but if any don't materialize, it's unlikely it'll be due to talent or grades.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 07, 2016, 12:07:34 am
If you think we are going head to head and down to the wire with Alabama and Ohio state for recruits. Then you have lost your d@mn mind. We can hardly getting the recruits that are from Arkansas to stay.

7 of our 20 commits had offers from Bama...and our biggest LB commit visited Bama the weekend before NSD but signed with us. Again...check your facts...then post.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 07, 2016, 12:03:40 am
This isn't true. Our exposure to high level recruits began during Petrino's time here. He was getting official visits from a lot big time recruits but couldn't close. It takes time to build a brand on a national level but it is myth that this program was anywhere near an all time low when CBB got here. He was only 1 year removed from back to back top 10 finishes.

CBB is also getting high level talent to visit. We aren't closing yet, but the more we can get to visit the better our chances will be going forward. If CBB and staff keep knocking on the door like they are now it will open up for them.

But this notion that our program was mangled and in shambles after back to back top 10 finishes is just revisionist history, plain and simple.

Where in that did I say we were at an all time low? You're reading your own narrative into what I said. I agree that the branding of our program really picked up momentum with Petrino, but CBB  has done a great job continuing that considering what happened with John L before he got here.

searkhogfan

You need to read more & post less.  Why you look & see how many kids we signed that had Bama offers.

LJHOG

I'm in my 30s,
Which means I most likely went to my first Razorback game before your father was born.  And after more than half a century as a fan I can tell you straight up this class does not contain enough talent to win in the SEC.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 07, 2016, 04:17:01 am
7 of our 20 commits had offers from Bama...and our biggest LB commit visited Bama the weekend before NSD but signed with us. Again...check your facts...then post.

All except Agim were back up offers at best. Alabama signed two 5 star linebackers. We aren't in the running for either of those two.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: LJHOG on February 07, 2016, 07:48:57 am
Which means I most likely went to my first Razorback game before your father was born.  And after more than half a century as a fan I can tell you straight up this class does not contain enough talent to win in the SEC.
They won't like you if you tell them the truth.

870hogfan

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 07, 2016, 07:53:09 am
All except Agim were back up offers at best. Alabama signed two 5 star linebackers. We aren't in the running for either of those two.

You know this how? Did they tell you this?

Justagp

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 07, 2016, 04:31:11 am
Where in that did I say we were at an all time low? You're reading your own narrative into what I said. I agree that the branding of our program really picked up momentum with Petrino, but CBB  has done a great job continuing that considering what happened with John L before he got here.

Great original post and follow up!

ChitownHawg

So sitting your old butt in the stands makes you an expert on evaluating talent? So you don't need to watch hours of film or games of these players, nor visit them at home? You can just sit your old butt in the stands and tell.

Right. I think I will listen to the coaches regardless of how old you are. What a silly credential to throw out as proof you know what you are talking about.  :-\
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

woodhog14

Awwwww...aren't you cute. Not competing for recruits with Bama huh? 7 of our 20 signees had a scholarship offer from Bama. That my friend is competing with Bama on recruits.

scruf

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 07, 2016, 12:03:40 am

Not much difference between Nutt and Petrino in terms of getting high-profile kids on campus except that Nutt was actually a better closer. HUGE difference between the number of high profile kids CBB got onto campus this year and anything ever attempted in the past. Lot of head to head battles that we've never had. The next step is winning them. GHG

Hawgfan5

I respect your opinion a lot. I welcome it, actually. I want to hear people's opinion that have been around for a long time bc perspective is important. So what exactly about the recruiting videos of the recruits we signed make u think they aren't good enough to compete?  Why were our commits that had offers from Bama not good enough to compete in the SEC? You've been around for decades so I want to know. Let's start with De'jon Harris and his video. Break it down for me. 3...2...1...Go

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 07, 2016, 09:33:48 pm
I respect your opinion a lot. I welcome it, actually. I want to hear people's opinion that have been around for a long time bc perspective is important. So what exactly about the recruiting videos of the recruits we signed make u think they aren't good enough to compete?  Why were our commits that had offers from Bama not good enough to compete in the SEC? You've been around for decades so I want to know. Let's start with De'jon Harris and his video. Break it down for me. 3...2...1...Go

I hope you aren't holding your breath waiting for him to return with a knowledgeable answer.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Biggus Piggus

That's funny, because Tom Lemming said this was the kind of class that would elevate Razorback football to the next level. Maybe you two should compare notes, seeing that he knows about 100x as much about the subject.
[CENSORED]!

Pork Twain

Old does not always equal wise
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Steef

I'm 63. Started watching the Hogs in the 60s.

This was a very good recruiting class. Talent-wise, probably not equal to Bama's. But better than almost any other class WE have had this century.

"Not enough to win in the SEC"...what the heck does that even mean?

Does it mean "let's get a coaching staff that can recruit a class equal to Bama"...?

Or did you mean "let's do all the same dirty tricks the other guys do"...?

We're not gonna do the second one and I'm glad. The first one...no one else is doing that either.

No one.

HogNDas

Quote from: Steef on February 08, 2016, 07:53:12 am
I'm 63. Started watching the Hogs in the 60s.

This was a very good recruiting class. Talent-wise, probably not equal to Bama's. But better than almost any other class WE have had this century.

"Not enough to win in the SEC"...what the heck does that even mean?

Does it mean "let's get a coaching staff that can recruit a class equal to Bama"...?

Or did you mean "let's do all the same dirty tricks the other guys do"...?

We're not gonna do the second one and I'm glad. The first one...no one else is doing that either.

No one.
My question is, "why not"?    WHY can't we be Bama when it comes to recruiting?   We have facilities!  We put players in the NFL!  We have a great staff that works hard!....What is it that makes it that we can not get a top 10 class?!...
OM is doing it... I do believe if we continue to increase our win total as CBB has done every year, we will see ourselves creeping toward that "Top 10 Class!"...so I guess I answered my own question, just win baby!!!

Steef

Quote from: HogNDas on February 08, 2016, 08:17:26 am
My question is, "why not"?    WHY can't we be Bama when it comes to recruiting?   We have facilities!  We put players in the NFL!  We have a great staff that works hard!....What is it that makes it that we can not get a top 10 class?!...
OM is doing it... I do believe if we continue to increase our win total as CBB has done every year, we will see ourselves creeping toward that "Top 10 Class!"...so I guess I answered my own question, just win baby!!!

'Why not' is not the same thing as 'this class won't win an SEC'.

'Why not' can be viewed as optimistic.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 08, 2016, 06:23:03 am
I hope you aren't holding your breath waiting for him to return with a knowledgeable answer.  ;)

Nope. I would be shocked.

Cinco de Hogo

I didn't know our goal was to, win 7/8 games because we have won 7/8 games in the past.  I didn't know our goal was to produce AA's because we have in the past. I didn't know our goal was to be 25/12 because we have been 25/12 in the past.

What's our goal again?

I'm very happy for you people that are happy with doing exactly the same things we alway do.  Yea maybe it will keep improving, who knows.