Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know if some of you are trolls or just really annoying, but...

Started by Hawgfan5, February 03, 2016, 09:02:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 09:04:35 am
I didn't know our goal was to, win 7/8 games because we have won 7/8 games in the past.  I didn't know our goal was to produce AA's because we have in the past. I didn't know our goal was to be 25/12 because we have been 25/12 in the past.

What's our goal again?

I'm very happy for you people that are happy with doing exactly the same things we alway do.  Yea maybe it will keep improving, who knows.

Our goal of course, is to make you (personally) very happy.

I'm surprised Bret let you down. I'm sure he did it on purpose.

Wildhog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 09:04:35 am
I didn't know our goal was to, win 7/8 games because we have won 7/8 games in the past.  I didn't know our goal was to produce AA's because we have in the past. I didn't know our goal was to be 25/12 because we have been 25/12 in the past.

What's our goal again?

I'm very happy for you people that are happy with doing exactly the same things we alway do.  Yea maybe it will keep improving, who knows.

I've never seen an Arkansas coach with lower expectations placed upon him.  Like we should be grateful for Liberty Bowls.

I love CBB, but we've got a LONG way to go.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Steef

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2016, 10:08:31 am
I've never seen an Arkansas coach with lower expectations placed upon him.  Like we should be grateful for Liberty Bowls.

Did someone post 'liberty bowl is good enough forever, coach'...?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Steef on February 08, 2016, 10:07:07 am
Our goal of course, is to make you (personally) very happy.

I'm surprised Bret let you down. I'm sure he did it on purpose.

So you don't think Bret wanted to do better than he did?  He's a high level coach and he knows what it takes to reach the level of success he personally would like to achieve.  He didn't let me down and I never said he did.  I just ask what our goal was.  It amazing how often you people choir to insult fans who look at things in a level headed way.  I appreciate every single player that signed his LOI and I will root for them throughout their career at Arkansas regardless of whether or not we have good, great or bad seasons.

That is not the point nor is it the point of the team, they aren't setting around worrying about what fans think of them.  They and the coaches are thinking about achievement, goals.  They will not set those goals based on what we have achieved in the past they will set them on what they want to achieve. 

Carry on!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Steef on February 08, 2016, 11:06:34 am
Did someone post 'liberty bowl is good enough forever, coach'...?

You might as well have said that exact thing because in the end you expectations are never evident in you post.

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:08:04 am
So you don't think Bret wanted to do better than he did?  He's a high level coach and he knows what it takes to reach the level of success he personally would like to achieve.  He didn't let me down and I never said he did.  I just ask what our goal was.  It amazing how often you people choir to insult fans who look at things in a level headed way.  I appreciate every single player that signed his LOI and I will root for them throughout their career at Arkansas regardless of whether or not we have good, great or bad seasons.

That is not the point nor is it the point of the team, they aren't setting around worrying about what fans think of them.  They and the coaches are thinking about achievement, goals.  They will not set those goals based on what we have achieved in the past they will set them on what they want to achieve. 

Carry on!

I think Bret wants to do better every day of his life.

I think some of YOU think Bret must not be trying, by the way you wring your hands over the class we did get.

Arkansas does not yet have the recruiting power, nor the history, to draw a class equal to Bama. We just dont. We may get there.

Meantime, this class is still better than average. And will make our team better.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:08:04 am

Carry on!

I'm sure our goals are the same as every season, get to Atlanta with a chance to win the league championship.  I would imagine it's the goal of the fan base, too.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 11:16:19 am
I'm sure our goals are the same as every season, get to Atlanta with a chance to win the league championship.  I would imagine it's the goal of the fan base, too.

But we just can't talk about it or what it takes to achieve that right, because that's all any of this is about.  You can take exception to anything you want too but it gets jst as old blowing all that totally out of proportion as the few trolls that emerge from time to time do.  Sometimes I wonder if you guys aren't creating sock puppets just to argue with yourself.  LOL

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:22:28 am
But we just can't talk about it or what it takes to achieve that right, because that's all any of this is about.  You can take exception to anything you want too but it gets jst as old blowing all that totally out of proportion as the few trolls that emerge from time to time do.  Sometimes I wonder if you guys aren't creating sock puppets just to argue with yourself.  LOL

"You guys"?? I'm a Razorback fan, alum, RF donor, and season ticket holder, are these the "guy's" you are referring to? You are free to talk about just about anything you wish to on here, as are the rest of us, I don't see anyone restricting you, or me, for that matter.

Oklahawg

The pessimism indicates a lack of knowledge about how recruiting works.

Real recruits are the ones who turn into players who work to improve while in college. Hype recruits look good in person or on film (and still do when they leave college) but do not do as much to improve.

5-star improvement > 5-star potential.

Real recruits are not recruited in a matter of days, generally. Real recruits are recruited over years. We offered Carmouche after his freshman year. If he was not smitten with RB we'd have him and not Dee Walker at LB. Relationships. They are built over the long haul.

Arkansas will be like every other school - reacting to last-minute finds who pop up out of nowhere. Maybe it is because of a good senior year, change of position, opportunity, focusing on one sport, etc.

Maybe it is because they finally get film out for coaches to see - this is a huge deal and affects tons of prospects annually. It is why players without D1 offers who land in D2, D3 or NAIA programs wind up in the NFL. (Well, one reason.)

If you are able to land a player you have chased for a few weeks it is because:
a) they recently appeared on the recruiting scene and all courting the recruit are in the same boat
b) you represent a bigger offer and they represent "plan b" or lower
c) they are the type of recruit who is going to flail in the wind and react to here/now recruiting (and you have to wonder if they'll endure the 4-5 year grind to get on the field at your school).

I wrote all of that as a preface.

Johnell's 8 months as head coach are a well-documented failure. One place that failure is not acknowledged is on the recruiting trail. Petrino had 160 offers out when Sweetie and Petrino wrecked the bike. Harleygate. There were a dozen or so commits, mostly from in-state kids, and when CBB arrived the active contact list was smaller than 25 players. Out of 160 over 135 had crossed UA off the list.

That meant that their HS coaches had no contact either. That would equal dozens of top HS programs having no contact with UA for a year. It is related to the Nutt failures of flipping territory every year, flopping around in the wind. Texas, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, NO! All failed and the long-term pain was felt by Petrino, and is still influencing us in some places in TX.

OU coaches talk about the inroads made for them in recruiting in East Texas...by Bud Wilkinson. By Barry Switzer. Not last year or even the last decade. The last century. Switzer capitalized on integration and it continues to benefit their program. Wilkinson laid the foundation 20 years before Switzer went to OU as an assistant.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 11:26:30 am
"You guys"?? I'm a Razorback fan, alum, RF donor, and season ticket holder, are these the "guy's" you are referring to? You are free to talk about just about anything you wish to on here, as are the rest of us, I don't see anyone restricting you, or me, for that matter.

I don't care what you are, my problem is that the OP started this thread to draw out these so called "Negative Nancy's" just for the sole purpose of arguing with them.  Seems wierd to me but then as I said the OP might be your sock puppet.  You know as well as I do the it's about degrees and as a fan base there are a lot of room for degrees.  You can do a heck of a lot of arguing about degrees.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:38:31 am
I don't care what you are, my problem is that the OP started this thread to draw out these so called "Negative Nancy's" just for the sole purpose of arguing with them.  Seems wierd to me but then as I said the OP might be your sock puppet.  You know as well as I do the it's about degrees and as a fan base there are a lot of room for degrees.  You can do a heck of a lot of arguing about degrees.

Don't respond to it then, isn't that what we always hear from the "realist" or "sunshine jumpers"? It's a message board, that's all, lol.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 12:03:06 pm
Don't respond to it then, isn't that what we always hear from the "realist" or "sunshine jumpers"? It's a message board, that's all, lol.

That's a possibility for both of us huh!  LOL

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2016, 10:08:31 am

Interesting you make such a blanket statement about expectations and all. Per usual, such assumptions are totally out in left field. While I obviously can't speak for anyone else, I personally expect our players go to class, act well behaved-i.e. don't embarrass the university, and play up to their maximum abilities.

At the same time I expect our coaches to recruit high quality young men, both as players and students, and to continue building a program the right way. While I'm not particularly happy at how the past several seasons have started off, I'm certainly proud of how we've managed to finish the season. IF we can finally get a handle on our slow starts and still keep the progress going later in the year then I expect, reasonably I hope, most seasons ending with 8 to 9 wins, from time-to-time a 10 or even 11 win season, and us competing for the SECC every four to five years (and possibly a chance for a NC game thrown in). If that makes me a fan who merely settles for "second rate" then so be it.

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 08, 2016, 12:28:20 pm
Interesting you make such a blanket statement about expectations and all. Per usual, such assumptions are totally out in left field. While I obviously can't speak for anyone else, I personally expect our players go to class, act well behaved-i.e. don't embarrass the university, and play up to their maximum abilities.

At the same time I expect our coaches to recruit high quality young men, both as players and students, and to continue building a program the right way. While I'm not particularly happy at how the past several seasons have started off, I'm certainly proud of how we've managed to finish the season. IF we can finally get a handle on our slow starts and still keep the progress going later in the year then I expect, reasonably I hope, most seasons ending with 8 to 9 wins, from time-to-time a 10 or even 11 win season, and us competing for the SECC every four to five years (and possibly a chance for a NC game thrown in). If that makes me a fan who merely settles for "second rate" then so be it.

There's nothing wrong with that.  You do you.

I just want to win.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 12:29:09 pm
I'm not the one complaining.

Oh but you do...about the "Negative Nancy's".  I still say their your sock puppets.  I guess if you wern't complaining I wasn't either.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 11:16:19 am

If this is your thoughts on complaining about "Negative Nancy's", I truly feel sorry for you.

And it's "you're" or "you are."

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 01:23:50 pm
If this is your thoughts on complaining about "Negative Nancy's", I truly feel sorry for you.

And it's "you're" or "you are."

LOL,  Now "you are" replying to "you're" own post.  Carry on!

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 02:14:12 pm
LOL,  Now "you are" replying to "you're" own post.  Carry on!

No, Einstein, it was my only post in this thread, you know the one where you have labeled all the posters? If you're too stupid to keep up with who posts what, then I pity you.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2016, 12:28:54 pm
There's nothing wrong with that.  You do you.

I just want to win.
"You do you"?! WTH is THAT!!!! And you just want to win....how nice and what a unique goal. As if none of the rest of us want the same thing.

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 08, 2016, 03:32:23 pm
"You do you"?! WTH is THAT!!!! And you just want to win....how nice and what a unique goal. As if none of the rest of us want the same thing.

It's essentially a colloquialism for "be yourself and think what you want."

Yep.  Just win.  I'll admit, it's a simple goal.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2016, 03:33:35 pm
It's essentially a colloquialism for "be yourself and think what you want."

Yep.  Just win.  I'll admit, it's a simple goal.
Well I appreciate your education on the intricacies of the English language. Wow, missed that one in senior's English.

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 08, 2016, 03:46:07 pm
Well I appreciate your education on the intricacies of the English language. Wow, missed that one in senior's English.

Kids today, amirite?  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

EastexHawg

Quote from: Steef on February 08, 2016, 11:13:42 am
I think Bret wants to do better every day of his life.

I think some of YOU think Bret must not be trying, by the way you wring your hands over the class we did get.

I am sure the coaches want to succeed and are trying.  What I'm not sure about is why that matters.  Cub Scouts?  Yes.  Little League?  Yes?  But when you're an SEC head football coach making millions of dollars per year?  No, not really.

All that matters at this level is what really happens, not what you wanted to happen or how hard you tried.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on February 08, 2016, 02:50:50 pm
No, Einstein, it was my only post in this thread, you know the one where you have labeled all the posters? If you're too stupid to keep up with who posts what, then I pity you.

Post 117

ricepig

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 08, 2016, 11:33:44 am

Johnell's 8 months as head coach are a well-documented failure. One place that failure is not acknowledged is on the recruiting trail. Petrino had 160 offers out when Sweetie and Petrino wrecked the bike. Harleygate. There were a dozen or so commits, mostly from in-state kids, and when CBB arrived the active contact list was smaller than 25 players. Out of 160 over 135 had crossed UA off the list.

That meant that their HS coaches had no contact either. That would equal dozens of top HS programs having no contact with UA for a year. It is related to the Nutt failures of flipping territory every year, flopping around in the wind. Texas, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, NO! All failed and the long-term pain was felt by Petrino, and is still influencing us in some places in TX.

OU coaches talk about the inroads made for them in recruiting in East Texas...by Bud Wilkinson. By Barry Switzer. Not last year or even the last decade. The last century. Switzer capitalized on integration and it continues to benefit their program. Wilkinson laid the foundation 20 years before Switzer went to OU as an assistant.

This was the first recruiting season that I checked in every day. Some days multiple times. The knowledge in your post is one of the reasons why. Great post and insight.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 08, 2016, 11:33:44 am
The pessimism indicates a lack of knowledge about how recruiting works.

Real recruits are the ones who turn into players who work to improve while in college. Hype recruits look good in person or on film (and still do when they leave college) but do not do as much to improve.

5-star improvement > 5-star potential.

Real recruits are not recruited in a matter of days, generally. Real recruits are recruited over years. We offered Carmouche after his freshman year. If he was not smitten with RB we'd have him and not Dee Walker at LB. Relationships. They are built over the long haul.

Arkansas will be like every other school - reacting to last-minute finds who pop up out of nowhere. Maybe it is because of a good senior year, change of position, opportunity, focusing on one sport, etc.

Maybe it is because they finally get film out for coaches to see - this is a huge deal and affects tons of prospects annually. It is why players without D1 offers who land in D2, D3 or NAIA programs wind up in the NFL. (Well, one reason.)

If you are able to land a player you have chased for a few weeks it is because:
a) they recently appeared on the recruiting scene and all courting the recruit are in the same boat
b) you represent a bigger offer and they represent "plan b" or lower
c) they are the type of recruit who is going to flail in the wind and react to here/now recruiting (and you have to wonder if they'll endure the 4-5 year grind to get on the field at your school).

Very informative post!  Thanks very much for the insight!

PorkSoda

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
What were Batman and Lawrence Richardson ranked?  How about Joe Ferguson?  Loyd Phillips?  Were they Arkansas kids?

I've been around for a while myself.  The narrative that Arkansas has never signed talent before and that the recruiting we are now seeing far surpasses anything in our history is inaccurate to say the least.

How many first team All-Americans have we had over the years, and how many of them were from out of state?

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

If I am not mistaken Broyles signed one class that contained Dicus, Dick Bumpas, James, Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett (all-time leading scorer in SWC history when he graduated), Rick Kersey, Jerry Moore, and so forth.  I wonder what that class' national rank would have been?

If you are excited with our current recruiting, by all means be excited.  But...it's not really necessary, and probably not accurate, to try to tell everyone else they've never seen anything that compares with it.
so your argument is that we were good in the 60s?  really?

I'm sorry but none of that is relevant to our current situation.

I'll tell you this.  there are 120 D-IA teams that want to win the national championship.  every year 119 are disappointed.

do I need to remind some of you that we are building from 3 SEC wins in 2 years?

its gonna take more than a couple years to get to the level that we can legitimately compete for a title.

for now, I am happy to see improvement.  hopefully we see a little more next year. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:38:31 am

I'm ricepig's sock puppet? Where the F did u get that? What does that mean? I'm an alt of his? Ricepig and I both post things u don't like so we are "obviously" in cahoots? You're weird, man. I haven't even posted much on here in months. I don't even know what ricepig's opinions are. All I know is that some of you are coming from way out of left field with your criticisms. Almost as if u were never educated to have well thought out opinions or arguments. But...well...this is Hogville.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2016, 06:57:43 pm

I'll tell you this.  there are 120 D-IA teams that want to win the national championship.  every year 119 are disappointed.

do I need to remind some of you that we are building from 3 SEC wins in 2 years?

its gonna take more than a couple years to get to the level that we can legitimately compete for a title.

for now, I am happy to see improvement.  hopefully we see a little more next year. 

Arkansas football in the 1960s is IRRELEVANT. It's an artifact. Segregation and not even full two-platoon football. College football, the modern form, began in 1970. The greatest team in school history played in 1977, not 1964. The '64 team won a semi-version of the exclusive, whites-only mythical national championship.

Three-quarters of the players on that team wouldn't have been in the depth chart 10 years later. Truth.
[CENSORED]!

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 08, 2016, 08:21:40 pm
Arkansas football in the 1960s is IRRELEVANT. It's an artifact. Segregation and not even full two-platoon football. College football, the modern form, began in 1970. The greatest team in school history played in 1977, not 1964. The '64 team won a semi-version of the exclusive, whites-only mythical national championship.

Three-quarters of the players on that team wouldn't have been in the depth chart 10 years later. Truth.

**Gasp!** Blasphemy!

Everything pre MLK was better!

Except for...well...most things, I guess

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2016, 06:57:43 pm

Ahmad Carroll and Lawrence Richardson signed with Arkansas in the 60s?  Sure doesn't seem that long ago.

BTW, we've been "good" a lot more recently than even since their playing days.  It's just that for some reason a lot of apparent Hog fans like to downplay those teams and their accomplishments.

If you want me to quit pointing out things that don't fit the current company line, why don't you stop quoting me and trying to draw me back in?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 08, 2016, 08:21:40 pm
Arkansas football in the 1960s is IRRELEVANT. It's an artifact. Segregation and not even full two-platoon football. College football, the modern form, began in 1970.

The players I mentioned from that era were from Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana.  How many of the teams with which Broyles was competing for their services were integrated?

The point remains...regardless of when the recruiting battles took place and the racial compositions of the teams in question, Arkansas has over the years gone into other states and signed enough blue chip talent from the back yards of the Darrell Royals, Johnny Vaughts, and Charley McClendons of the world to field highly ranked teams.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 08, 2016, 07:19:47 pm
I'm ricepig's sock puppet? Where the F did u get that? What does that mean? I'm an alt of his? Ricepig and I both post things u don't like so we are "obviously" in cahoots? You're weird, man. I haven't even posted much on here in months. I don't even know what ricepig's opinions are. All I know is that some of you are coming from way out of left field with your criticisms. Almost as if u were never educated to have well thought out opinions or arguments. But...well...this is Hogville.

You need to understand, I'm not criticizing the team or coaches, I'm criticizing you.  You start a thread to draw out people you disagree with so you can insult them for their opinions and you think you are the superior person.  I'm telling you what i think of that strategy.  Oh well, you get the chance to insult and call someone names so all is well in your world.

Has one of these so called negative Nancy's insulted you or called you names?  I understand the sensibilities angle.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 08, 2016, 11:49:56 pm
You need to understand, I'm not criticizing the team or coaches, I'm criticizing you.  You start a thread to draw out people you disagree with so you can insult them for their opinions and you think you are the superior person.  I'm telling you what i think of that strategy.  Oh well, you get the chance to insult and call someone names so all is well in your world.

Has one of these so called negative Nancy's insulted you or called you names?  I understand the sensibilities angle.

Lol ok this is fun. New angle. Since I'm right about the recruiting class this is now me vs you instead of me vs all of the retarded anti recruiting class people. Nah man. I'm not that gullible. I don't have the time.  Go away man.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 09, 2016, 12:50:19 am
Lol ok this is fun. New angle. Since I'm right about the recruiting class this is now me vs you instead of me vs all of the retarded anti recruiting class people. Nah man. I'm not that gullible. I don't have the time.  Go away man.

LOL, you say this is fun then say go away...  You personally don't know if you are right about this class or not you are just showing support for a group of young men who want to be Razorbscks.  That's admirable but you can easily do that without baiting.  But that really wasn't the reason for your post was it.

Oklahawg

We need to find a HV sponsor that runs a chain of seedy motels. That way we can send posters off for their menage-a-trois and internet trysts in private and not clog up the board.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Coach V. Slocombe

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
What were Batman and Lawrence Richardson ranked?  How about Joe Ferguson?  Loyd Phillips?  Were they Arkansas kids?

I've been around for a while myself.  The narrative that Arkansas has never signed talent before and that the recruiting we are now seeing far surpasses anything in our history is inaccurate to say the least.

How many first team All-Americans have we had over the years, and how many of them were from out of state?

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

If I am not mistaken Broyles signed one class that contained Dicus, Dick Bumpas, James, Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett (all-time leading scorer in SWC history when he graduated), Rick Kersey, Jerry Moore, and so forth.  I wonder what that class' national rank would have been?

If you are excited with our current recruiting, by all means be excited.  But...it's not really necessary, and probably not accurate, to try to tell everyone else they've never seen anything that compares with it.
Great post. People on HV seem to think if you don't post 200 times a day then you are a troll. Broyles recruited good, Holtz recruited good, Hatfield recruited good...CBB is not that good of a recruiter, now compared to HDN and CBP, yeah he is pretty good...
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on February 09, 2016, 05:03:37 pm
Great post. People on HV seem to think if you don't post 200 times a day then you are a troll. Broyles recruited good, Holtz recruited good, Hatfield recruited good...CBB is not that good of a recruiter, now compared to HDN and CBP, yeah he is pretty good...
Well for the first several year ole Holtz did indeed recruit fairly well. However, as he got into the last year or so of his tenure he pretty much "burned" any and all fences and relationships he had with the state's high school coaches. He had also developed the hubris that led to the infamous "Well, Arkansas may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from there" crack on the Johnny Carson Show. I knew then that once that "cutsie" quip came out of his mouth it was not going to be long before he was shown the door. As it turned out I was totally correct.

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 09, 2016, 01:17:50 am
LOL, you say this is fun then say go away...  You personally don't know if you are right about this class or not you are just showing support for a group of young men who want to be Razorbscks.  That's admirable but you can easily do that without baiting.  But that really wasn't the reason for your post was it.

No seriously. Just stop. When I said go away I meant it. You don't have a point you're proving anymore. So...yeah...we're done. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 09, 2016, 09:22:56 pm
No seriously. Just stop. When I said go away I meant it. You don't have a point you're proving anymore. So...yeah...we're done.

You think  didn't mean what I said?  Quit baiting people with stupid assertions.  You'll be a better person for it.

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 09, 2016, 09:54:39 pm
You think  didn't mean what I said?  Quit baiting people with stupid assertions.  You'll be a better person for it.

Find a mirror.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Steef on February 10, 2016, 06:43:41 am
Find a mirror.

As always blame the person who responds.  You responded to me so I guess you need that mirror to.  And I agree we all need to look in the mirror.

870hogfan

jkstock04

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 09, 2016, 09:46:17 am
We need to find a HV sponsor that runs a chain of seedy motels. That way we can send posters off for their menage-a-trois and internet trysts in private and not clog up the board.
What do you expect to happen when someone starts a thread like this?

It's notable to me that the majority of the time the people on here starting the piss fights and breaking the rules via name calling and insults are the die hard homers.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys