Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know if some of you are trolls or just really annoying, but...

Started by Hawgfan5, February 03, 2016, 09:02:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgfan5

I'm in my 30s, and I'm a lifelong, hardcore Razorback fan. I'm old enough to remember the snake oil salesman that was HDN, and I was present for the Miracle on Markham II and our top ten win over USCe bc i was a season ticket holder at the time. I say all of that just to tell u I'm not a closet fan of another team being a  troll.

Some of you Negative Nancy's are either so young or so stupid that you don't remember us competing with Sun Belt schools like ULM for LA kids under Nutt for recruits. Now we are competing nationally for kids against Bama and Ohio State and winning some of those recruits. But on NSD now u log on here to complain about how we lost the #3 CB to their home state school bc you have no perspective. 5 years ago that kid would have never had us in their top 3 for u to get disappointed about. Some of you need to think first and post later. We have a great incoming class of young men.

hawginbigd1

Steef

Hawghiggs

We are not competing with  Alabama and Ohio st. for recruits.  Have we made some progress in Louisiana? Sure.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 09:08:06 pm
Or some of us don't want to be a 500 team anymore!

Well losing your .500 attitude would be a good start.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 03, 2016, 09:02:06 pm
I'm in my 30s, and I'm a lifelong, hardcore Razorback fan. I'm old enough to remember the snake oil salesman that was HDN, and I was present for the Miracle on Markham II and our top ten win over USCe bc i was a season ticket holder at the time. I say all of that just to tell u I'm not a closet fan of another team being a  troll.

Some of you Negative Nancy's are either so young or so stupid that you don't remember us competing with Sun Belt schools like ULM for LA kids under Nutt for recruits. Now we are competing nationally for kids against Bama and Ohio State and winning some of those recruits. But on NSD now u log on here to complain about how we lost the #3 CB to their home state school bc you have no perspective. 5 years ago that kid would have never had us in their top 3 for u to get disappointed about. Some of you need to think first and post later. We have a great incoming class of young men.

Good post.

SRV

Thank you
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 03, 2016, 09:11:11 pm
We are not competing with  Alabama and Ohio st. for recruits.  Have we made some progress in Louisiana? Sure.

For the most part you are correct, but it's been a measurable improvement.  It's a good class with some obvious holes.  We have a bigger hill to climb than many of our SEC brethren.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Hawghiggs on February 03, 2016, 09:11:11 pm

Well...except for the OLB that Saban offered recently that visited Bama this weekend but committed to us instead.  Otherwise...yeah

Hoggish1

Mighty fine post, but all the logic in the world will not get trolls to stop being who they are.

Do these trolls ever get bant? LMAO

Hawgfan5

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 03, 2016, 09:17:25 pm
For the most part you are correct, but it's been a measurable improvement.  It's a good class with some obvious holes.  We have a bigger hill to climb than many of our SEC brethren.

We will always have a bigger hill to climb bc we aren't Bama or LSU. The fact that we are competing on and of the field is why u guys need to sit back and enjoy the ride that CBB is creating. I've never been this confident in a coaching staff. CBB was a steal of a hire and he's creating a culture around the Hill that we can be proud of as fans.

1longshot

The day isn't done till the last whistle in the fall are there holes, did we have misses in recruiting, were we suprised by some decisions along the way.  Sure show me one class at one school that can say they didn't.  WOO PIG

EastexHawg

What were Batman and Lawrence Richardson ranked?  How about Joe Ferguson?  Loyd Phillips?  Were they Arkansas kids?

I've been around for a while myself.  The narrative that Arkansas has never signed talent before and that the recruiting we are now seeing far surpasses anything in our history is inaccurate to say the least.

How many first team All-Americans have we had over the years, and how many of them were from out of state?

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

If I am not mistaken Broyles signed one class that contained Dicus, Dick Bumpas, James, Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett (all-time leading scorer in SWC history when he graduated), Rick Kersey, Jerry Moore, and so forth.  I wonder what that class' national rank would have been?

If you are excited with our current recruiting, by all means be excited.  But...it's not really necessary, and probably not accurate, to try to tell everyone else they've never seen anything that compares with it.

Tarheelhawg

Thanks for restoring perspective after some close but painful losses. 

lumphog

Quote from: Steef on February 03, 2016, 09:06:34 pm
+1 (to the OP)
Ditto.......We've come a long way baby & the future looks bright   8) You sissies CAN'T be from ARKANSAS

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 03, 2016, 09:22:31 pm
We will always have a bigger hill to climb bc we aren't Bama or LSU. The fact that we are competing on and of the field is why u guys need to sit back and enjoy the ride that CBB is creating. I've never been this confident in a coaching staff. CBB was a steal of a hire and he's creating a culture around the Hill that we can be proud of as fans.

Enjoying the ride very much, thank you.  And we've usually competed.  That's really nothing new. 

But yes, very glad we have BB.  I think he's a very good fit for our program.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hawginbigd1

Bottom line- did we lose ground today? I say no. Did we gain any ground? It appears no overall IMO.

RB- I love DW, but would have liked another stud not named Hammonds, you could tell CBB cringes at him trying to be a full fledged RB. Overall I think we are fine.

OL- we patched some holes, I think they are fine with where they are, hopefully the Jucos are or will be ready, Ramirez looks like he needs bulk. I think Tillman ends up here, so like RB would have been nice to have one more stud. Froholdt IMO is a huge add here, which I have thought all along that he was on the wrong side of the ball since watching him at IMG. I called it in MMQB several weeks ago!

LB- as good a haul as ever I can remember! At one of the biggest need areas on the team! I hope at least 2 of them are ready to learn and play, especially at ILB, we have been weak at that position since Jerry Franklin?

S-I think DD Edwards is going to be a stud, hopefully Smith wasn't a reach and he was just undervalued at the other greatest need position! If you give this a passing grade it would be a C-! Losing Putu, and whiffing on Jones, Bundage, and Fulton hurt this position because now we have very limited flexibility with our numbers at CB! We did add 1 body I am sold on, and 1 I am hopeful on. IMO this position needed at least 1 more highly thought of player, this is an area where I am not sure enough serious offers were made, it could be that they are 100 on Edwards contributing day 1, because if you feel good about what is returning you don't know football!

It is a good recruiting class, but I was expecting better, every year CBB before today has brought in a noticeably improved class from the previous year, he has failed to do that this year!

So yes I am disappointed, and excited about the players we did get at the same time! Some of you act like there is 5011 people on here posting we should drop down to division 2 or become a club sport, I am not seeing that for the most part.

I have a feeling that if people are honest my position would be the majority!

Hawgfan5

This is a list of just a part of our recruiting class...

(Name then rank at position on 24/7)

McTelvin Agim 2
Devwah Whaley 3
Terrance Malone 7
TJ Hammonds 13
Paul Ramirez 14
Austin Capps 24
De'jon Harris 29 (Saban offered him this week)
Jonathan Marshall 30
Briston Guidry 31
Cole Kelley 38
......etc....

Go be a troll somewhere else, people. We are proud of our class.

longpig

request is unreasonable
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawgfan5 on February 03, 2016, 09:54:07 pm
This is a list of just a part of our recruiting class...

(Name then rank at position on 24/7)

McTelvin Agim 2
Devwah Whaley 3
Terrance Malone 7
TJ Hammonds 13
Paul Ramirez 14
Austin Capps 24
De'jon Harris 29 (Saban offered him this week)
Jonathan Marshall 30
Briston Guidry 31
Cole Kelley 38
......etc....

Go be a troll somewhere else, people. We are proud of our class.
This is a straw man position, blowing mostly way overboard!

lumphog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 09:53:24 pm
Bottom line- did we lose ground today? I say no. Did we gain any ground? It appears no overall IMO.

RB- I love DW, but would have liked another stud not named Hammonds, you could tell CBB cringes at him trying to be a full fledged RB. Overall I think we are fine.

OL- we patched some holes, I think they are fine with where they are, hopefully the Jucos are or will be ready, Ramirez looks like he needs bulk. I think Tillman ends up here, so like RB would have been nice to have one more stud. Froholdt IMO is a huge add here, which I have thought all along that he was on the wrong side of the ball since watching him at IMG. I called it in MMQB several weeks ago!

LB- as good a haul as ever I can remember! At one of the biggest need areas on the team! I hope at least 2 of them are ready to learn and play, especially at ILB, we have been weak at that position since Jerry Franklin?

S-I think DD Edwards is going to be a stud, hopefully Smith wasn't a reach and he was just undervalued at the other greatest need position! If you give this a passing grade it would be a C-! Losing Putu, and whiffing on Jones, Bundage, and Fulton hurt this position because now we have very limited flexibility with our numbers at CB! We did add 1 body I am sold on, and 1 I am hopeful on. IMO this position needed at least 1 more highly thought of player, this is an area where I am not sure enough serious offers were made, it could be that they are 100 on Edwards contributing day 1, because if you feel good about what is returning you don't know football!

It is a good recruiting class, but I was expecting better, every year CBB before today has brought in a noticeably improved class from the previous year, he has failed to do that this year!

So yes I am disappointed, and excited about the players we did get at the same time! Some of you act like there is 5011 people on here posting we should drop down to division 2 or become a club sport, I am not seeing that for the most part.

I have a feeling that if people are honest my position would be the majority!
We gained ground on the D & we will be great at RB, RWIII is going to be a star

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: lumphog on February 03, 2016, 10:00:18 pm
We gained ground on the D & we will be great at RB, RWIII is going to be a star
We gained LB's need CB .. Got none

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on February 03, 2016, 10:02:54 pm
We gained LB's need CB .. Got none

And OL too.  Good class.  My only criticism is lack of balance.  It wasn't a complete class.  Still, it certainly appears better than most I've seen. 

One block at a time.

longpig

These consistent top twenty five recruiting classes will produce consistent ten win seasons.  Consistent ten win seasons will produce consistent top fifteen recruiting classes and that's what produces consistent championship contenders.  We'll have a ten win 2016 season, and if we don't I'll consistently reply with nothing but kindness to each and every Bobby Shields post till we do have a ten win season. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

rwspear

Iamjacksleftnutt

Here here.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Richard_white

Quote from: Steef on February 03, 2016, 09:06:34 pm
+1 (to the OP)

This

But the trolls/negative nancies did serve their purpose today.  I got to put many of them on ignore. 

Uncommon

Quote from: Richard_white on February 03, 2016, 10:22:03 pm
This

But the trolls/negative nancies did serve their purpose today.  I got to put many of them on ignore.
Yosemite Sam sucks!

buldozer

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
What were Batman and Lawrence Richardson ranked?  How about Joe Ferguson?  Loyd Phillips?  Were they Arkansas kids?

I've been around for a while myself.  The narrative that Arkansas has never signed talent before and that the recruiting we are now seeing far surpasses anything in our history is inaccurate to say the least.

How many first team All-Americans have we had over the years, and how many of them were from out of state?

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

If I am not mistaken Broyles signed one class that contained Dicus, Dick Bumpas, James, Bill Montgomery, Bill Burnett (all-time leading scorer in SWC history when he graduated), Rick Kersey, Jerry Moore, and so forth.  I wonder what that class' national rank would have been?

If you are excited with our current recruiting, by all means be excited.  But...it's not really necessary, and probably not accurate, to try to tell everyone else they've never seen anything that compares with it.

Yep, I guess there are not many on this board old enough to remember when this team had all Americans....

jgphillips3

I know this is shocking, but it is possible to believe in this staff, be excited about or future and to still recognize that we got kicked in the balls today and made some mistakes in our recruiting.  Sometimes smart people screw up and fail.  The finish to this class was a colossal flop.  The beginning and middle were strong.  I'll be cheering in the Spring and fall.  In the meantime, I'll be hoping our coaches learned from their mistakes and we do better next time.  It's not an either/or proposition.

Uncommon

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 03, 2016, 10:27:28 pm
In the meantime, I'll be hoping our coaches learned from their mistakes and we do better next time.
2017 Recruiting Strategy
#1 Kick the North Dakota College of Sciences assistant coach who is a Florida fan in the balls.

hawginbigd1

I know this is shocking, but it is possible to believe in this staff, be excited about or future and to still recognize that we got kicked in the balls today and made some mistakes in our recruiting.  Sometimes smart people screw up and fail.  The finish to this class was a colossal flop.  The beginning and middle were strong.  I'll be cheering in the Spring and fall.  In the meantime, I'll be hoping our coaches learned from their mistakes and we do better next time.  It's not an either/or proposition.
Exactly!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:11:32 pm
Well losing your .500 attitude would be a good start.  ;D

Nicely put....I was going to say FIND ANOTHER TEAM.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

westside_player

Agreed.

hawginbigd1

westside_player

I think it's better to compete with Sun Belt schools and have the bodies, who may turn out to be adequate or even good SEC players, vs have empty scholarships though.

PonderinHog

Quote from: buldozer on February 03, 2016, 10:22:44 pm
Yep, I guess there are not many on this board old enough to remember when this team had all Americans....
I remember last season.  My memory ain't that bad!

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2016, 10:30:06 pm
2017 Recruiting Strategy
#1 Kick the North Dakota College of Sciences assistant coach who is a Florida fan in the balls.
I suggest the coaches send a nicely worded letter to that school and tell them to kindly never send us film ever again and they better hope he is a star at Florida, because that will be the last time any player from their little podunk college will ever be recruited by our staff.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 10:46:01 pm
Sorry I am a lifer!

So were we a 500 team this year?
Were we a 500 team last year?
Did we win this year's bowl game?
Did we win last year's bowl game?

really not interested in your lame response....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2016, 10:05:09 pm
These consistent top twenty five recruiting classes will produce consistent ten win seasons.  Consistent ten win seasons will produce consistent top fifteen recruiting classes and that's what produces consistent championship contenders.  We'll have a ten win 2016 season, and if we don't I'll consistently reply with nothing but kindness to each and every Bobby Shields post till we do have a ten win season. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

You better get ready to kiss some major Bobby Shields backside then because it's coming for you.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

ChitownHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm

Lance Alworth
Ronnie Caveness
Loyd Phillips
Chuck Dicus
Bruce James
Steve Little
Billy Ray Smith, Jr.
Felix Jones

True we don't need to take down former Hogs so to build up this class. They are all Hogs and some have given us many years of exciting football. And I'm stoked at the steady progress we are making in recruiting and on the field.

Most of the Negative Nancys would be screaming for Freeze's head if they were Ole Miss fans. They would be grinning with these highly ranked classes we should be doing better on the field. With CBB you can see improvement in all aspects of the program.

It may not be as fast of change as some would like, yet you can see the improvement if you look objectively.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

SoonerSooie

^^^^ This!

And there is something I have not seen even mentioned. According to some national sources, the Hogs "out recruited" the Sooners! One step ahead of them. And then, funny thing, I was watching Stoop's interview, and he just openly said "Well, there were several guys that we wanted that we did not get." Likewise, guess what? I heard Saban-- you know, the # 1 recruiter n the world / universe -  say the exact same thing! Whut?? Oklahoma and Bama struck out on some recruits?? Not so! Surely they can't be right, only the Hogs miss on their targets-- per some.
If T. Lemming is correct, we actually came in rated #18, which is actually a good bit better than the #24 spot given by ESPN (?). So, while there were naturally some misses (and I now hate Florida even more than before), that actually looks like a pretty solid class, especially considering that we only signed 18 versus the almost full classes signed by Bama and the Sooners!
WPS

ChitownHawg

Do you really think posting positive and then giving gripes makes you look like a logical person? Calling this class a flop is rediculous.

The only reason you are disappointed is because we were in the running for some great recruits. So we didn't get them. - this time. You have to be in the running to get them, so next time we should pick up a few more.

Oh and I'm sure this incoming flop class probably feels you can take your fanhood elsewhere. I'm sure these flops will not be sweating in the weigh room or grinding it out in the hot Arkansas August heat for your approval.

colbs

Quote from: westside_player on February 03, 2016, 10:47:53 pm
I think it's better to compete with Sun Belt schools and have the bodies, who may turn out to be adequate or even good SEC players, vs have empty scholarships though.
You can only have 85 players on scholarship.  So why sign a player just to fill the 25?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 04, 2016, 05:22:52 am
Do you really think posting positive and then giving gripes makes you look like a logical person? Calling this class a flop is rediculous.

The only reason you are disappointed is because we were in the running for some great recruits. So we didn't get them. - this time. You have to be in the running to get them, so next time we should pick up a few more.

Oh and I'm sure this incoming flop class probably feels you can take your fanhood elsewhere. I'm sure these flops will not be sweating in the weigh room or grinding it out in the hot Arkansas August heat for your approval.
Making this statement about this post is the only thing that is ridiculous, and if you are bright enough you will understand that I am right! I have read a lot of your posts and I think you are bright enough!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 04, 2016, 10:10:49 am
Making this statement about this post is the only thing that is ridiculous, and if you are bright enough you will understand that I am right! I have read a lot of your posts and I think you are bright enough!

My wife would disagree with you. Or at the very least setting yourself up for disappointment.  ;D

bigred223

People act like being 25th and 12th are that different. It really isn't. Outside of the top tier (1-10) it's all really subjective. Top 25 are good enough to win at a high level if you keep guys around and develop them. Go hogs.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 04, 2016, 12:02:33 pm
My wife would disagree with you. Or at the very least setting yourself up for disappointment.  ;D
Ditto  ;D