Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is simple...

Started by HogShat, February 03, 2016, 02:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogShat

Every player that signed with us WANTED to be a Hog... The rest of 'em? They will wish they were... When Les gets canned and they spiral down even further, same with Texass and Charlie, and when some light finally gets cast on all the shade that went down... Yeah, they will wish that they had become Hogs too... We are on the upswing and everyone knows it. This program is on the verge of greatness. Relax and let it happen and then enjoy the ride. And to those who didn't come... You had your chance.... WPMFS
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GVTD

Can always count on Hogville for sunshine pumping

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 02:30:48 pm

...and for the inevitable downers...

...oh...I'm sorry..."realists"
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HogShat

I'm sure other teams need new fans just like they do recruits...

scruf

Proud of all the new Hogs. Together they make up a really solid class.

Amityvillehogger

Box of tissue can be found in the logout and close window section.

Proud of the kids that chose to be Hogs. Can't wait to watch them play.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jesterzzn

It's that time of year when...

"Everyone that's with us is with us" and "My truly ignorant opinion on the ability of high school aged kids leads me to make impassioned and uncompromising statements about the future of the program!"

...not only passes for reasoned and valid commentary, but even gets defended (poorly) by otherwise intelligent people.  Whatever your position on the class and its ranking, stupid posts are stupid posts.

Yay.

GVTD

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 03, 2016, 02:44:25 pm
Box of tissue can be found in the logout and close window section.

Proud of the kids that chose to be Hogs. Can't wait to watch them play.

Keep on pumping

cc

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 03:02:15 pm
Keep on pumping

I happen to know a couple of these kids pretty well.  Players that could have went to any school in the SEC.  Go pump for another school.

Seminole Indian

There are 100 or so FBS programs that would love to have your class.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

cc

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 02:33:14 pm
...and for the inevitable downers...

...oh...I'm sorry..."realists"

Difference between a realist and a pessimist is that realist are what pessimist call themselves.

DeltaBoy

Coach is happy with the Class so I will be happy with him.  He on Bo's show now.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

February 03, 2016, 03:13:44 pm #12 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:55:23 pm by longpig
Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 03, 2016, 03:07:24 pm
There are 100 or so FBS programs that would love to have your class.

Exactly, and  110 or so that wish they had aTm's class, and a 115 or so that wish they had Florida's class, and 120 or so ...............
Don't be scared, be smart.

GVTD

Quote from: cc on February 03, 2016, 03:05:57 pm
I happen to know a couple of these kids pretty well.  Players that could have went to any school in the SEC.  Go pump for another school.

Congratulations?

Coach said he wanted to sign 25 and we signed 19.  They also said all along they wanted to sign two of their top rb targets and only got one.  Not to mention striking out on all of our other top targets (not that I expected to get Fulton or Cleveland, but a strike out still) and having one of ours flip at the very last moment.  Staff darn the bed.  No way around it. 

ricepig

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 03:46:32 pm
Congratulations?

Coach said he wanted to sign 25 and we signed 19.  They also said all along they wanted to sign two of their top rb targets and only got one.  Not to mention striking out on all of our other top targets (not that I expected to get Fulton or Cleveland, but a strike out still) and having one of ours flip at the very last moment.  Staff darn the bed.  No way around it. 

Watch the PC and tell me how many he wanted to sign. He had room for three more if they would have selected us, that doesn't make 25.

Also, check your math, we have 20 in this class, not counting Hats.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2016/feb/03/12383/

scruf

"Staff darn the bed."

That statement makes zero sense. Matches the rest of your posts today.

LRAFBHog

Quote from: HogShat on February 03, 2016, 02:26:22 pm
Every player that signed with us WANTED to be a Hog... The rest of 'em? They will wish they were... When Les gets canned and they spiral down even further, same with Texass and Charlie, and when some light finally gets cast on all the shade that went down... Yeah, they will wish that they had become Hogs too... We are on the upswing and everyone knows it. This program is on the verge of greatness. Relax and let it happen and then enjoy the ride. And to those who didn't come... You had your chance.... WPMFS
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Keep drinking that kool-aid hogshat, throwing out those Sunday School "mf's" and tell me about the SECC the hogs have in ALMOST a quarter century in the SEC.  Embarrassing I say!  What say you??

HogShat

Sure we got close a few times. Not being on "the list" cost us quite a bit here and there when playing the perennial powerhouses that "had a chance." Now, before you even say it, and also everyone knows about horseshoes and hand grenades, but the last couple years we have had some terribly close losses, some of our fault and some out of our control. If you cannot look at this program, players AND staff, and honestly think that we aren't right on the edge of doing something great, then there is nothing I can say to help you... It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. You just piss off the pig and make yourself look dumb in the process...

LRAFBHog

Quote from: HogShat on February 03, 2016, 04:15:42 pm
Sure we got close a few times. Not being on "the list" cost us quite a bit here and there when playing the perennial powerhouses that "had a chance." Now, before you even say it, and also everyone knows about horseshoes and hand grenades, but the last couple years we have had some terribly close losses, some of our fault and some out of our control. If you cannot look at this program, players AND staff, and honestly think that we aren't right on the edge of doing something great, then there is nothing I can say to help you... It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. You just piss off the pig and make yourself look dumb in the process...

For the love of Pete, just what are we on the edge of??  Check the recruiting, Bama has more 5*s signed than we have 4*s.  Nuff said!

GVTD

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 03:55:48 pm
"Staff darn the bed."

That statement makes zero sense. Matches the rest of your posts today.

Hogville must autocorrect.  I said s hit the bed

GVTD

Quote from: ricepig on February 03, 2016, 03:49:42 pm
Watch the PC and tell me how many he wanted to sign. He had room for three more if they would have selected us, that doesn't make 25.

Also, check your math, we have 20 in this class, not counting Hats.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2016/feb/03/12383/

He has literally said he wanted to sign 25 before.  Nice try though.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 03, 2016, 04:27:31 pm
For the love of Pete, just what are we on the edge of??  Check the recruiting, Bama has more 5*s signed than we have 4*s.  Nuff said!

It means we could have beat Bama the past 2 years but barely fell short. It means that LSU also has those numbers and we've curb stomped the past 2 years. Quit going crazy about the number of stars in front of our players names and realize that CBB knows what he is doing...and when you have a dumpster fire to start off with, it takes a while to get going.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 04:33:18 pm

And he still can. CBB isn't gonna panic cuz they're is almost always someone available later on like Josh Williams and Ricky Town.

Silver Hog

12th of 14th again,  Just what I expected out of this coach. Again.

LRAFBHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 04:31:45 pm
It means we could have beat Bama the past 2 years but barely fell short. It means that LSU also has those numbers and we've curb stomped the past 2 years. Quit going crazy about the number of stars in front of our players names and realize that CBB knows what he is doing...and when you have a dumpster fire to start off with, it takes a while to get going.

So we eek by Bama, ( at least once a decade), curb stomp LSU a couple times a decade, and we've accomplished our mission????   Do the math, STARS = CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!  Get out of denial or continue to live in 2nd tier bowls or sucking hind tit for CFP!!

Hoggiedawg

It is what it is.  We play with the players we have and once the game is over hopefully we are on the winning side. 

Derjen

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 03:02:15 pm
Keep on pumping

So you're here to moan, groan, and complain?  Support the team or GTFO.  Pretty simple.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 03, 2016, 04:45:07 pm
So we eek by Bama, ( at least once a decade), curb stomp LSU a couple times a decade, and we've accomplished our mission????   Do the math, STARS = CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!  Get out of denial or continue to live in 2nd tier bowls or sucking hind tit for CFP!!

I swear, you guys who bang your drums screaming "But we haven't beat Bama!" are just add much in denial as anyone. WHO HAS BEAT BAMA?! You're talking about a modern day dynasty thar nobody is beating. And we've only best LSU a couple times this decade?! Seriously?

Players + Coaching = Championships

We HAVE the coaches and they certainly can evaluate talent while we're also pulling in SOME 4/5* players. So NO, we're not THAT far from accomplishing our goal of an SEC title.

LRAFBHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 05:01:48 pm
I swear, you guys who bang your drums screaming "But we haven't beat Bama!" are just add much in denial as anyone. WHO HAS BEAT BAMA?! You're talking about a modern day dynasty thar nobody is beating. And we've only best LSU a couple times this decade?! Seriously?

Players + Coaching = Championships

We HAVE the coaches and they certainly can evaluate talent while we're also pulling in SOME 4/5* players. So NO, we're not THAT far from accomplishing our goal of an SEC title.

Ok, just keep a record.  1992 - 2015 - NO SECC. 2016 - 2039 ( I won't be around ) probably not much better). We weren't built for the SEC imho.  Big 12 and we would be in high cotton.

greenEGnHAWGS

Don't know what 1992+ has to do with anything. Fact is that recently we've been having success. I know. I know. Toledo. TTech. A&M. MsSt. All games we SHOULD have won but just didn't have it that early in the season for whatever reason and/or we just gAve it away in the end. Win those and we're talking SEC Championship. 

So fine...it's your opinion that we shouldn't be in the SEC, but it if my opinion that we do and we're a contender.

LRAFBHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 05:29:09 pm
Don't know what 1992+ has to do with anything. Fact is that recently we've been having success. I know. I know. Toledo. TTech. A&M. MsSt. All games we SHOULD have won but just didn't have it that early in the season for whatever reason and/or we just gAve it away in the end. Win those and we're talking SEC Championship. 

So fine...it's your opinion that we shouldn't be in the SEC, but it if my opinion that we do and we're a contender.

CONTENDER??  For what??  8 wins max!!

urkillnmesmalls

Hmm...look at the BENCH WARMERS showing up to take shots at CBB and the program.  That's not suspicious at all when you have guys coming out of the woodwork with less than 100 posts. 

I'd say you guys are at best 2 star trolls.  You'll need to up your game to get many experienced posters to take the bait.  We like what CBB is promoting.  Let's see how many of you are still around to eat crow when it all comes to fruition. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 03, 2016, 06:11:37 pm
CONTENDER??  For what??  8 wins max!!

Did you even watch this year? If we would've won the games that we ended up botching at the end....Toledo, A&M, MsSt (I'm not even counting TTech since we played awful that game)...we're looking at 10-11 wins.

But yeah...8 wins is probably our max. Will we won 10-11 games next season? Who knows. Starting a lot of young talent in important positions, but we have the pieces.

AirWarren

We aren't Bama. And never will be Bama. That is a pipe dream.

Razorpigg

2 things...

1. This thread sucks because of a couple posters
2. Is there not a mod in here???

TebowHater

We certainly learned that uncommon men are..well..uncommon  :-\

moses_007

I guess all the blue chippers we lost out on today were too common for us.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: moses_007 on February 03, 2016, 07:05:55 pm
I guess all the blue chippers we lost out on today were too common for us.

Don't feed the troll people.

Boardon Hamsay

How many 5* players came out of the state of Alabama this year? How many came out of Louisiana this year? How many came out of Arkansas? You seem to think we have equitable geography/recruiting grounds and equitable mutual player interest in the program as Bama.

Fact is, high schools in the state of Arkansas aren't producing loads of 4 and 5* players. When the state produces those players in numbers, our numbers will go up. Will we get them all? Hopefully, but you will likely have a few that choose to go out of state for whatever the reason is.

Second fact is, some kids don't have any interest in coming here. You seem to think that we can land any 5* and if we don't, we didn't recruit them well enough. That is like saying, "why don't we just go throw $8 million/yr and get Saban" during a coaching search. Great, if he's interested in coming here but what if he isn't?

Bottom line is, if you want to play star wars with Bama, you better hope 1) the state of Arkansas starts producing a heck of a lot more 4 and 5* players and 2) the majority of them want to stay in state.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

root_hawg

I believe it was: 3 from Alabama, 2 from Louisana and 1 out of Arkansas

root_hawg

Here is what you need to consider..there are 7 teams in the SEC West:

Alabama  #1 Class   L
LSU        #3           W
Ole Miss  #6           W
Auburn    #9           W
Texas Am #18         L
Ark         #25
Miss St    #31         L

and should have won 2 of those losses

Coach V. Slocombe

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 03, 2016, 06:22:54 pm
Hmm...look at the BENCH WARMERS showing up to take shots at CBB and the program.  That's not suspicious at all when you have guys coming out of the woodwork with less than 100 posts. 

I'd say you guys are at best 2 star trolls.  You'll need to up your game to get many experienced posters to take the bait.  We like what CBB is promoting.  Let's see how many of you are still around to eat crow when it all comes to fruition. 
Yeah because the number of posts you have certainly makes you better qualified to judge talent. Sheeeezzz...
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

cc

Quote from: GVTD on February 03, 2016, 04:33:18 pm

Out of Bielema's mouth with me standing there was he was looking at 6-7 more to sign and we were at 16.  Nice try.

bphi11ips

In the immortal words of Frank Drennan, "Either you do, or you don't."
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

greasy_corner

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 03, 2016, 05:22:39 pm
2016 - 2039 ( I won't be around )

It's 2016 and you're still online.  When are you leaving? 

Razorback Pastor

Dude! We only signed 20 players and still rank in the top 25! That's really good!

moses_007

Quote from: LRAFBHog on February 03, 2016, 05:22:39 pm
Ok, just keep a record.  1992 - 2015 - NO SECC. 2016 - 2039 ( I won't be around ) probably not much better). We weren't built for the SEC imho.  Big 12 and we would be in high cotton.
I'm almost 71 and I am wondering if I will EVER witness an SEC football championship for Arkansas.  Even Petrino, who got us ranked as high as 3rd in the country his last season, couldn't even make it to the SEC title game.  Can Bielema?  I doubt it with other schools in the SEC West beating us badly in recruiting.  The truth is, we aren't recruiting any better than Kentucky or Vanderbilt.

pignatious

Let me say that this class may turn out to be a tremendous class. The proof will be in year 3 and 4. We filled some needs. But, I am stunned by the lack of results today. Totally shocked. I thought we would end up with 2 or 3 top targets at least. The conclusions that should be reached are 1) Turn in any and all slime ball programs that are cheating to get recruits, because it will continue for years if Arkansas doesn't report it. 2) get better at recruiting. We need to hire another coach that has some demonstrable success in the recruiting world, particularly in Texas or Louisiana. 3) figure out if there is anything that we missed that would have led us to know that we were wasting our time on any of these blue chips from the get go. Maybe they were playing us all along and knew they were going to the home school. This needs to trigger some serious soul searching on CBB's part about how to step up our game or level the playing field. No cornerbacks or a second running back is pretty much unthinkable at a SEC school that is supposed to be on the rise. Unbelievable.
Freedom is never free.

moses_007

Quote from: pignatious on February 04, 2016, 12:35:15 am
Let me say that this class may turn out to be a tremendous class. The proof will be in year 3 and 4. We filled some needs. But, I am stunned by the lack of results today. Totally shocked. I thought we would end up with 2 or 3 top targets at least. The conclusions that should be reached are 1) Turn in any and all slime ball programs that are cheating to get recruits, because it will continue for years if Arkansas doesn't report it. 2) get better at recruiting. We need to hire another coach that has some demonstrable success in the recruiting world, particularly in Texas or Louisiana. 3) figure out if there is anything that we missed that would have led us to know that we were wasting our time on any of these blue chips from the get go. Maybe they were playing us all along and knew they were going to the home school. This needs to trigger some serious soul searching on CBB's part about how to step up our game or level the playing field. No cornerbacks or a second running back is pretty much unthinkable at a SEC school that is supposed to be on the rise. Unbelievable.
Great post.  It was obvious today that something went bad wrong on the last two visit weekends.  I've read where Coach B just goes to a kid's home and hangs out with him and his family, watches TV, etc., with them.  Is that the right approach?  I don't know, but it hasn't worked too well for us this year.  And to have four de-commits from this class is unheard of.

MissippHog

Very few of us actually knows what is discussed in the homes or during the visits.  I'm sure the approach varies from recruit to recruit and coach to coach.  One thing we do know is the effort was there and they seemingly through everything they have at a few recruits that we lost out on. 

IMO, it's a double-edged sword.  A darned if you do, darned if you don't scenario.  Do you expend the extra resources needed to bring in those blue-chip players, or do you set your sights on lesser talent that you know will sign?  It's a tough call and there's only so much time in the day to recruit these guys.  Seems last year there were people complaining about not getting enough "stars" and this year people are saying we should have gone after smaller fish to ensure we fill all of our spots. 

We all know the obstacles our staff has to overcome in order to get these guys here.  Until the state of Arkansas can continuously put out 5, 6, or 7 upper level talent, we will continue to have results similar to today.  The only thing that can change that will be winning, and winning big.  As much as we all love the team, campus, and state, we have to realize that it isn't for everyone.